Info: New Planets - A Little Info

Status

mmabigshow

Alpha
MMA Big Show
David Simmons called me last week about my interest in developing a new planet for Entropia. I don't have much information I'm allowed to give here due to an NDA, but I thought I would let everyone know that what you can expect to see on new planets is basically anything someone can dream up.

My understanding is that anything you want to do can be done with your planet so long as it falls in line with the general basis of Entropia.

They are selecting planet owners that will cater to specific niches. I personally was interested in establishing a planet focused around sports, music and mystery inside a violent world. However, I've decided to begin development on my own RCE game called Zempa Universe of which a team is being put together.

There is a chance down the line that I will take Mindark up on establishing a planet as it seems like a fair enough deal, however, I would like to get a bit more into the fabric of MMORPG and the associated economics and establish my own RCE world prior to engaging in a planet in EU.

In any case, those of you looking to work together on your own planet or something should start with 2 million in funding in the least for development costs over the first couple of years.

I wont go into the specifics due to the NDA but if you have the money, I can see how this kind of partnership could be beneficial. Just dont expect to develop a planet and suck the life out of Calypso as MA only wants developers capable of marketing their planet as a stand alone product with little mention of EU. The idea is to cater to niches and draw new people in, not recycle current players.

Hope this helps anyone interested.

However, I've decided to begin development on my own RCE game called Zempa Universe of which a team is being put together.
Gosh, you're god's gift to mother-in-laws...

SCNR

So is Mindark asking you to be a spokesperson for their product , seems a bit odd you are advertising your own product while posting about theirs.

Bones

So is Mindark asking you to be a spokesperson for their product , seems a bit odd you are advertising your own product while posting about theirs.

Bones

No, he just wants to advertize his product and posts some info from MA while he's at it... although there is almost nothing we didn't already know...

And about the things we did not really know, I am more concerned about the subject "did he really have permission to post that?"

Oh well :rolleyes:

No, he just wants to advertize his product and posts some info from MA while he's at it... although there is almost nothing we didn't already know...

And about the things we did not really know, I am more concerned about the subject "did he really have permission to post that?"

Oh well :rolleyes:

Was thinking the same thing.

But back onto the subject... your making your own RCE? :p

Bat Phone

David Simmons called me last week about my interest in developing a new planet for Entropia....

...My understanding is that anything you want to do can be done with your planet so long as it falls in line with the general basis of Entropia.

They are selecting planet owners that will cater to specific niches. I personally was interested in establishing a planet focused around sports, music and mystery inside a violent world. However, I've decided to begin development on my own RCE game called Zempa Universe of which a team is being put together.

In any case, those of you looking to work together on your own planet or something should start with 2 million in funding in the least for development costs over the first couple of years.

I wont go into the specifics due to the NDA but if you have the money, I can see how this kind of partnership could be beneficial. Just dont expect to develop a planet and suck the life out of Calypso as MA only wants developers capable of marketing their planet as a stand alone product with little mention of EU. The idea is to cater to niches and draw new people in, not recycle current players.

Hope this helps anyone interested.

It certainly does help, although most of it is old news. Good luck with 'Zempa Universe' it certainly sounds....full. The '2 million' is that dollars or PED?

'Recycling' 40k active Calypsians is not a Marketing Strategy I can see bearing fruit, it would certainly be worsened by looking for a niche in an environment with increasing competition. - Thanks for your efforts though.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...iverse/130903-making-partner-planet-team.html

2M PED or USD?
Anyway, from what I've read about you, and your willingness/ability to invest in EU, it seems way out of your league.

However, I've decided to begin development on my own RCE game called Zempa Universe of which a team is being put together.
No offense, but... :rolleyes:

I just hope you workers is paid in advance.

Bleh i hate editing selectively ;)

Last edited:
2M PED or USD?
Anyway, from what I've read about you, and your willingness/ability to invest in EU, it seems way out of your league.

I think you made a very good point there ;).

Good luck with your new game. If i ever hear of that game in the future through some friends, the internet or some sort of advertisement, I may come try it. Sounds like a very big project to undertake!

stand alone so the entropia universe wont be linked together using teleports or spacecraft??

stand alone so the entropia universe wont be linked together using teleports or spacecraft??

That is what "stand alone" means to me... but something could be lost in translation.

I think he means, that planets wont be inter-exchangeable... aka. you wont be able to travel between them.

lol but that is wrong :laugh:

Even though I hear way too often ppl saying "you won't be able to travel between planets", "calypso will be seperated from planets", etc

and MA and Marco says that you will be able to :D

lol but that is wrong :laugh:

Even though I hear way too often ppl saying "you won't be able to travel between planets", "calypso will be seperated from planets", etc

and MA and Marco says that you will be able to :D

I wasn't saying i was agreeing with him :silly2:

I was just explaining what i thought he meant. Should have been clearer. And yes i had heard that it was going to be possible too!

lol didn't think you were saying that :D

well glad we got that cleared up :D

Now what i want to know is... why is he telling us stuff we know and stuff that isn't necessarily true :confused:

Righting Wrongs

Manix, 2 wrongs do not make a right :mad:

Probably best to step back and reassess the position here.

LOL... what would EF be without MMA... :D

I'd of thought he's talking about 2 million in dollars and not peds! 200kusd would not last long if you think about it....

It sounds to me that ma are creating the tools and engines etc to create these planets... but you would need your own development team to develop and maintain it?! I'd be interested to learn of the background set up for these planets... if what I say is the case, then what would really be the benefit of creating a planet vs creating a whole new game (I know rce, withdrawals, etc etc are already in place obviously)

Anyway still a very interesting proposition

Rip

its is cool that MA called you,and I look forward to another planet based on sports.

but why do want to make your own other game? :scratch2:

but why do want to make your own other game? :scratch2:

he said that in his post... to get some experience before engaging in a partnership with MA... :rolleyes:

As I was browsing the forums earlier today from work I was thinking to myself, gee we havn't heard from MMABigShow for some time.... hell I don't even remember the last new thread I saw from him... and I no sooner finished that thought and BANG... heres a new thread from him! LOL

What timing!!

I wish you luck on building your own RCE based Virtual Universe - yer gonna need it.

Cupla Mill

I'd of thought he's talking about 2 million in dollars and not peds! 200kusd would not last long if you think about it....

...Anyway still a very interesting proposition

Rip

I have thought about it and Marco cleared it up a little - (16 Staff @ $50k/ea) x 2 yrs + hardware/software support = $2m...or thereabouts. Don't know where you would get developers for a tenth the price...Mexico perhaps?

Bring in information technology for 25yrs and having seen and been part of many dev projects you will need more than just luck on creating your own game, personally i do think this is way beyond your capabilities unless you are ready to start learning exactly how intricate this area of dev is. It is not just a matter of clicking a few mouse buttons here. You need to be qualified in more than just talk....

I have thought about it and Marco cleared it up a little - (16 Staff @ $50k/ea) x 2 yrs + hardware/software support = $2m...or thereabouts. Don't know where you would get developers for a tenth the price...Mexico perhaps?

I think the better question would be... if you're trying to start up your own SUCCESSFUL game, do you really want software developers who are worth $50k a year? That's pretty close to starting salary for a n00b just out of school these days.

As this thread has quickly escalated into personal attacks, rudeness and flaming (some by members who I thought would have more respect for the forum rules), I am temporarily closing this thread to avoid unnecessary disruption of EntropiaForum.

Also, I would like to wait until some of the claims made by the thread starter can be reviewed by David|Mindark, in order to avoid any misinformation, misunderstandings or confusion

:locked:

Status
Back