HoF: How to lose 7.509 PED in 29 days ;) Thanks MA...

CP you ned to be extrem lucky thats for sur to make it ther

i yous imp mk2
fap 450
sup amor

and got evade level 67 and for sur 10/10 on my guns
and i dont brake even ther what so ever

and haw never don it for me its a loos evry time i am ther and haw always ben that ther ar a litel % ther is lucky ther not meny so i wod recomand all other typs of hunt in cp to all

find ther mob ther giv you bedst and sty ther to ther loot gos bad then move on

to camp on cp is a sur looser i haw sen it dam meny times and pepols get so pist ther quit from it

Buzz, If that imp is yours?.,
Sell hl8, get adj fap.
Go hunt ambu, trox naked.

But what if you cannot keep up with your ava cycle...

Well the cycles are going to happen no matter what. Its how you react to them that can leave you without a penny or just down some PED but not having to deposit. There is no fool proof formula to it. Sometimes its just about being patient and building a little savings in game (resources and items sell when things get hairy) to get you through the bad times. I am not talking about hard core reselling either just paying attention to the resource markets and finding those items in demand and at a high % can help over the long haul.

CP you really have to rely on pure tt value to cover your hunts since those mobs don't seem to drop a lot of good % items on a regular basis. I've been camping there for a number of days and not seen any items except oils, alien parts, and other tt food. On the flip side of that they do drop some nice sized ESI and un(L) items if you are lucky.

CP and CND are high risk and IMO EU is about weighing your risk VS reward depending on what kind of results you are getting.

Now I am no stranger to having a blast in EU and hemorraging PED like a cut jugular but I usually earmark those funds for that kind of entertainment. I might even deposit an amount to cover a bombing run on CND with OA-106 amps knowing I will probably lose it because its high risk but if I get lucky there is potential for a nice reward. Now if I were to do that everyday more than likely bad cycles, amp markup, and taxes would eventually break me.

It never hurts to scale back a few notches in your playing style or try something different to mitigate loss. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.........well I think most of us know what the definition of that is.

congrats I think :(

hmm you are not only one. I lost about 25k ped in about month and half:D

just to clos this thrat right

thebuzz just got a ATH on a Thorifoid sharman 23760 ped

so this thrat shut be clost for he just got more in that aht in he had deposit

gratze thebuzz

Lol if thats true its once again so weird.

I guess I should go make all my losses public and all and maybe get nice hof aswell.. lol

Lol if thats true its once again so weird.

I guess I should go make all my losses public and all and maybe get nice hof aswell.. lol

Yeah me too :laugh:

Cobra is right, just it wasnt an ATH:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

THANKS MA!

Tom, can this please be your last thread whining about loot? I mean, this isn't the first time, surely you are recognizing a pattern by now?

Tom, can this please be your last thread whining about loot? I mean, this isn't the first time, surely you are recognizing a pattern by now?

Tom, in response to your +rep message (thx), which I can't post here verbatim, don't you think maybe it's after you've had big losses that you have a hof coming, not that you've complained on EF? Correlation does not imply causation.

don't you think maybe it's after you've had big losses that you have a hof coming

Not aimed at me but I don't think there is a pattern, he just had a "lucky" one because his topic here reached enough views to get the attention of MA. Bad publicity etc ...

Congrats to your HOF, but I think you should heed the warnings and advices by the other players. Like BlackHawk's advice is quite sound. Cutback.....cutdown.....manage your peds. ^^

If I were you, I would sure as hell HAWK that HOF like an eagle and never let MA claim it back from me. :D

But since I'm that kind of a person.....I doubt MA would ever let me HOF. :yay:

My advice.....don't ever touch on that hof of yours....keep it in your storage as savings and hunt using your "monthly allowance" which you deposit into EU as your hunting fees......It is only when you save.......that you will start to earn.

Well....gratz again.......

"How I lost 7,509 PED in 29 days and all I got to show for it was this lousy 23,760 PED Thorifoid Shaman." :D

Congratulations!

:laugh: That is quite some turnaround Gratz!! :laugh:

And you want us to gratz you for losing peds? :confused:

What's your actual dmg/pec and dmg/sec with weapon you are using, and what mobs are you hunting?

Look at the tracker, look at any source of information on loots, especially the tickets for crafting, hunting and mining. All the loots are down. I hunted for most of it, crafted for around 150 ped and lost 380$ US in peds this month. I got some skills, have a few items in the bank... I was hoping to break even... don't get into this mindset. If you luck out and get ahead, great, go for getting back to what you were at before and getting skillgains and having fun doing it. You are paying for ingame currency, you are playing to play. This is how mindark does so well.
Like most of my mmo days I can't focus solely on the game during 10 hour sessions so I watch videos, listen to music or some other activity besides reading. This loss was from October 10th - October 21st. 20 days, around 20 dollars a day. I gained peds breaking even surveying 'til my last 170 points of 770 but lost it all during that terrible few hours. Next time I deposit I'm parking my but, fully geared in CND and living there each time I deposit. I'll pay the additional markup for "moving of items" to CND on the auctioneer. I'll never craft again unless I make over 80k ped plus to my current balance and I'll only mine on CND, likely every once in awhile amped. Prospecting's at around 250 now too.
I chip'd once but next time, and take this as a piece of advice if you're a new player; chip _ALL_ of your defensive skills and attributes. Chip the weapon you're using so you're not burning ammo to skillgain to sell your skills to someone else after you graduate the m2a and quit playing. Don't ever think that with 3.5k probes or 800 bombs that you'll global once. I globaled a total of once in that 380 dollar 20 day playspan and that was with... well, it wasn't argonauts that's for sure. Loot for them is down 1/3-1/2 last time I looked.

Be careful what you do. 200 peds ammo, 20k medium cells or whatever ammo you use can be used easily with a justifier during 3 hours leaving you with a lot of loot but not equal to 200 peds worth (in my experience).
Yea, you can hunt with a L weapon gaining skills with a bonus with those 200 peds and have your fap, armor and gun break, putting you -50, -10 at least (pixie) and -25 (m1a or equal L weapon) in the hole besides the 200 peds of ammo for a grand total of negative 285 peds minus whatever else you spent.
"hunt economically": This line I've heard quite a bit from newbies and veterans alike who swunt and barely break even or people who sweat 6 hours a day with as much or more free time than me.

THIS IS BS.

Hunt Sensibly. There's no such things as hunting, crafting or mining economically, you're always in the hole, if it's not depositing cash peds it's the 5 hours I could've spent making 80$ for a technical writing job or a piece of flash or php code for contract coding on the 'net.

Yea, yea say I should quit, whatever. Take this as a warning: most of you and the other players in the game are idiots, if not downright stupid I know this firsthand. The same thing goes with life, a good 95% of the people you meet are sots and the people they know and are friends with those aren't the sharpest either because of the lack of general intelligence, knowledge and skills in our current world.

Yea, 'hunt economically"? Ok, I'll talk you out of your peds when you HoF of ATH, loot or global big and play for free.

btw, "extremely rare" on loot listing such as entropedia mean "oh, once every few months if there are players there a ton". I doubt such things as shadow, angel, eon, supermacy drop very often ingame. It's almost more "economical" to buy your skills, best armor you can barely spare the cash for peds for and best weapon to go with your skills and go from there. Then you start negative and have "project positive" --- to get out of the hole you've made. Which you can, if your gun and armor and items aren't Limited, you can lose the tt from decay value and you'll definitely lose than and ammo, repair it at the repair terminal to gain the tt value back or leave it like it is, sell it and withdraw, at that point you've lost 5-15% of what you invested but it's not total and you've likely had a great time.

How to lose 400 in one run

Yesterday I did a CP run with a friend.
(shared costs and shared loot(loss))
Both HL14
Both 605 ped ammo
2 seat flight up 70 ped
Decay on HL14 80 ped each 235% = 367 ped
Decay on armor about 30 ped each = 60 ped
Decay on fap about 20 ped each = 40 ped
Teleporting down 20 ped (we left after 1 run because the loot was total horror)

Total costs: 1767 ped

Total loot: 970 ped

Total loss: 797 ped (so 398.50 ped loss each!)

18 runs of this and we have the same results as you in 29 days...

:dunno:

How to lose 3kped in 3 days

Hunt a little.. get 0 globals with (hl12+eamp15) well it aint eco but i heard u would get some nice loot bonuses with that amp.. bullshit

Mine a little... get 0 globals

craft a little get few lousy globals

and there u go 3kped poorer... now wheres the 20k+ loot

First bold: What do you mean counting looted ammo? I burn that when shooting, unless the ammo I dont use of other types.

Say you go out with 500 PED in ammo. Shoot shoot, loot loot - no ammo left - done.

Okay. So you check all your spendings and it appears you spent 700 PED including decay and everything (200 PED decay). You check your loot, you have 600 PED left.

Ok, simple version: You just lost 100 PED. Your return was 85,7% (600/700.)

Is that the entire truth, though? It sure as hell aint.

Pro version: You check the decay on A) Your amp or B) Your gun (amp is easier if you use (L) weapons) and calculate how many shots you made - and from that how much ammo your really spent. It requires that you know very well what your decay is per shot, of course. And when you have how much ammo you really shot, you can compare that to how much ammo you brought. If it tells you that you shot 550 PED - that means you looted another 50 PED which has to be added to your loot-value. And of course you didn't just spend 700 PED - you spent 750 PED.

So yeah, you still lost 100 PED, but your return was 86,6% (650/750.)

Yes I did use simple numbers to try and get the message through - I just hope you see my point. And don't laugh at a % or two, that only proves how bad you could be doing without knowing it. If you turn over 100k PED, would you rather be 1% up or 1% down? (Unrealistic example, simply to prove the power of small numbers. For the slow; 1% of 100k is 1k.)

The ammo you loot is just loot you trade in to get more loot, but you end up with more decay. Sometimes the last ammo (which you looted) can give you a nice loot extra.

Back