To account for the seceret sauce

Radio

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
Radio Radio Radio
I wonder if there could be an additional column added with an editable Average Damage field. In my research so far some gun / mob combos appear to have a higher average damage interval than the stated.

Are you talking about the damage from the gun?

If so, I think you are wrong. Average damage is 0.75 x max damage. That's been confirmed in tests many times.

But if you're talking about damage from the mob, that's probably just because of estimation in the data on Entropedia.

But if you're talking about damage from the mob, that's probably just because of estimation in the data on Entropedia.

and the fact that mob dmg types are variable

and the fact that mob dmg types are variable

Yeah, info on damage amount, types and % of each type may all be incorrect, depending on the amount and rigour of any testing that's been done.

I think Radio is talking about the weapon used though.

Yeah weapon used. It seems that on some mobs I get a higher than normal average damage (taking note of every shot fired). Could be just an avatar specific period - I need more data to calculate this absolutely.

interesting

Yeah weapon used. It seems that on some mobs I get a higher than normal average damage (taking note of every shot fired). Could be just an avatar specific period - I need more data to calculate this absolutely.

If you are getting seemingly unusual results then I'm sure it must be due to a small sample size.

Is it on "old" weapons or "new" weapons?

It's not unlikely, at least for unmaxed weapons, that there is a hit/damage factor that is avatar- and mob-specific. For instance, if you hunt combibos alot with EWE-16, you might after a while get better hits against the combibos using laser handguns on it, but someone else who use EWE-16 and normally hunts Ignis won't notice any difference.
If so, there is no use of adding a column like that, because it would be different for everyone.

It's old weapons. One unique and one almost unique that I have been testing.

It's just a column so that if for example I have recorded damage distribution to be 0.8 instead of 0.75 I can calculate the eco the easy way. It might bring some interesting results on the entire adj/mod/imp/unique market.

It's old weapons. One unique and one almost unique that I have been testing.

It's just a column so that if for example I have recorded damage distribution to be 0.8 instead of 0.75 I can calculate the eco the easy way. It might bring some interesting results on the entire adj/mod/imp/unique market.

Whole lot of data gathered on this suggests that would be a waste of programming effort for witte, some of it with imk2, some of it with m2100, and some with other assorted weapons.

If you are really keen for this, download witte's damage parsing app from the wiki and track 1k hits and demonstrate something other than a uniform distribution.

Here's one thread with such tests:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/hunting/18347-weapon-damage-distribution-promised.html

Back