Help: Lineage and / Geneology for Societies

Rayne Jade

Marauder
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Rayne Jade Blackmoore
Fellow Colonists,

Some of you may have noticed that I am interested in the history of our Planet Calypso. As a project for me, that you might find interesting as well, I would like to compile a "Family Tree" so to speak of the Societies that populate our little rock.

Please reply with information such as:

When your society was born
Societies that grew from yours (maybe a few members left to form a new soc)

An example would be something like this:

Irken Invaders (Founded 26 FEB 2005)... members left to form Novus Ordo Seclorum (Founded 25 JAN 2006)... formation of junior NOS soc became Praetorian Guard (Founded 22 APR 2006).

See what I mean? Just include the dates of creation please. I think it would be interesting to see how interwoven we all might be.

Thanks for you time and good luck out there :thumbup:

EDIT: Let's set the record straight. I am looking for how some socs may have grown from other socs, or just the formation of socs in general. I do not want to read about someone getting scammed or feeling hurt or whatever... the reasons behind a group leaving a soc to form another soc are not important for this thread.

Thanks!

Last edited:
well you seem to know enough about my soc, so I'll just wish you luck :laugh:

Interesting project. I will start it off with a little info from Rat Pack.

Rat Pack formed on March 16, 2008. Started with 14 members, and now currently up to 46 members, and growing. :cool:

Interesting project. I will start it off with a little info from Rat Pack.

Rat Pack formed on March 16, 2008. Started with 14 members, and now currently up to 46 members, and growing. :cool:

Thx!! I appreciate the info.

Skillin' Villains was founded on 12 November 2005 by Larry Compusmurf Wright. There were some connections with TWU Direct but I'm not sure of the details as I didn't join EU till a few months later. One of the original members can probably fill you in.

I can only think of one direct spin-off from SV, which was Rowdoc leaving to set up Calypso Settlers, I'm not sure of the dates. Hiro Protagonist (thoreau on EF) also left to form another soc, The Seven Samurai, but they don't exist any more as far as I know. However he does now have another soc, Viva La Swamp Camp.

Great idea btw :)

Skillin' Villains was founded on 12 November 2005 by Larry Compusmurf Wright. There were some connections with TWU Direct but I'm not sure of the details as I didn't join EU till a few months later. One of the original members can probably fill you in.

I can only think of one direct spin-off from SV, which was Rowdoc leaving to set up Calypso Settlers, I'm not sure of the dates. Hiro Protagonist (thoreau on EF) also left to form another soc, The Seven Samurai, but they don't exist any more as far as I know. However he does now have another soc, Viva La Swamp Camp.

Great idea btw :)

Thanks, Oleg! Nice info and just a little detective work at the Soc Terminal and I can fill in a few blanks. Great stuff :thumbup:

Years ago Calypso Conquerors (CC) was a top-3 soc, and they had a cadets soc named Calypso Conqueror Cadets (CCC), who were in top-20.

After the dramatic and infamous botting incident leading to CCs collapse, CCC split into 2 new socs: Shoot To Kill (StK) and Dawn Daemons (DD).
Shoot To Kill later became mostly a mining soc and changed name to Mine To Drill and then to Mine to Extract (MtE), while DD specialized in PKing.

Graphically it could be shown something like this:
Code:
CC        ***
 |    ->   |   ->  StK + DD  ->  MtD + DD
CCC       CCC
Today MtD is in top-20 and DD in top-10.

Last edited:
The PE Addicts were founded on July 29, 2006 by Markus "Mackbrich" Ljungberg and myself. The only known society to have come from a former PE Addict was Full Metal Inc. founded on February 20,2008 by Matt "Mace" Larsson.

I'm looking forward to seeing the end result!

26/7 2003 Black Pearl (BP) (5 members to date) was founded by Connor Mac McKinnon. The society still exist, yet it is unactive.
Black Pearl was joined by two former Hunters Unlimited members in febuary 04, who brought the society new life, and soon became the BP advisors (me and Gnasher).

01/06 2005 Origin of Symmetry (OoS) (disbanded) was founded by the two former BP advisors, Gnasher (as Captain) and Myself (as advisor). Most active BP members jumped ship to OoS, so to speak.

9/11/ 2006 Rabbids (rBit) (26 members to date) was founded by me (Captain), and Shadow-Ale (Advisor). IIRC Shadow-Ale had been a part of a society called "Zychion Citizens" before joining OoS and then forming Rabbids with me.
Most OoS members decided to join Rabbids, and OoS was soon disbanded.

Later three members of Calypso Monkeys joined Rabbids aswell. I think they were pretty much the only active ones there, so you could say Calypso Monkeys somewhat grew into Rabbids.
Exactly how Calypso Monkeys formed I am not aware of.

Last edited:
More on SV/TWU

Oleg has most of the SV stuff correct. During our original growth period, we absorbed another complete society, unfortunately I don't remember the details of who it was. A member by the name of Clouddancer may remember.

Also, TWU Direct was pretty much a "sister society" towards the end. AFAIK it was founded by Jessie -A Star, who no longer plays. If I remember correctly, it was turned over to Chaz, who, also if I remember eventually disbanded the society and joined in with SV. He has since moved on, but hopefully he will stop in and provide more details there.

Folks come, folks go and move on to other societies. It's all good as we meet more folks and make "forever friends".

Getting old sucks. You start NOT remembering things that only happened a few years back!
:)

Entropia Asia.

Most of the historical info on Entropia Asia can be found in this thread:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/soctalk/40581-entropia-asia.html

Entropia Asia (EA) started in 2006. Entropia Asia Cadets (EAC) started shortly after, or in 2007? Can't remember. A couple of months after EAC was started, it became apparent that EA and EAC had some communication problems... also there was a domain name issue... One member of EAC, who will remain nameless (but who used to own a wormhole chip) bought a domain name for EA since he had his own ISP and he started his own online forum and website about the society, but did so on his own without asking anyone first - and then demanded payment for the website... no one said yes... lots of little issues like this and lack of ability to soc. chat between ea and eac started little problems here and there...

and it became apparent that EAC needed to break up. The result was that half of EAC joined EA and half became what is now known as Zoku.

Strange as it may be, I'm not in Asia myself, and am in the mid-west. It's very odd since EA is mainly for those that are GMT +6 to +10. I'm GMT -6. LOL... so don't do much team hunting as it's like 2 am here when the hunts are on.

I originally joined EAC by being dragged in with a former good pal that I no longer see online much nowadays, but have seen in the past sometimes, so I know he's still out there.... I stayed with EA since I got to know the folks in the society pretty well through soc. chats. They are great people.

Last edited:
Via Dolorosa has its origin in the Old Alphas society (OA). Old Alphas Society was founded March 19 - 2004, by Rick "Boomer" Lionheart. To be a member of the society you had to be 30 years of age if you where a female player, or 35 if you where a male. In other words, the society profile was to have mature players as members.

In autumn 2004 the Old Alphas society split up in three different societies (if I remember correctly), beside the Old Alpha society. Any former member of OA may correct me.

Via Dolorosa (ViaD) was formed by Everman and Doris on the 15 of October 2004. They were also one of the first members in the Old Alphas. Later OA-members as groggen, Oije, Gurre, Wormie and Caliber joined ViaD. All of them beside Gurre (now in AoW) are still members of ViaD.

The other society that was formed was Circle of the Chosen by Great Gonzo.
The third society that was formed was Unwanted Cuckoo’s, but I think they were formed later and not exactly by the split from Old Alphas in autumn 2004. The society was formed by Cento (who is not longer active).

After that split in autumn 2004, I know that there were more people who left OA and created new societies.

Last edited:
Via Dolorosa has its origin in the Old Alphas society (OA). Old Alphas Society was founded March 19 - 2004, by Rick "Boomer" Lionheart. To be a member of the society you had to be 30 years of age if you where a female player, or 35 if you where a male. In other words, the society profile was to have mature players as members.

In autumn 2004 the Old Alphas society split up in three different societies (if I remember correctly), beside the Old Alpha society. Any former member of OA may correct me.

Via Dolorosa (ViaD) was formed by Everman and Doris on the 15 of October 2004. They were also one of the first members in the Old Alphas. Later OA-members as groggen, Oije, Gurre, Wormie and Caliber joined ViaD. All of them beside Gurre (now in AoW) are still members of ViaD.

The other society that was formed was Circle of the Chosen by Great Gonzo.
The third society that was formed was Unwanted Cuckoo’s, but I think they were formed later and not exactly by the split from Old Alphas in autumn 2004. The society was formed by Cento (who is not longer active).

After that split in autumn 2004, I know that there were more people who left OA and created new societies.

I may be wrong about this, but wasn't Old Freelancer Inc. formed from ex-OA members too?

I may be wrong about this, but wasn't Old Freelancer Inc. formed from ex-OA members too?

Yes, but not at in the autumn in 2004. I know that dj was a member of OA, but she joined OA after the split we had in OA in autumn 2004. OFI was formed after that split, but I guess dj know more about that history. That’s why I wrote “After that split in autumn 2004, I know that there were more people who left OA and created new societies.” ;)

I also think that the Unwanted Cuckoo’s society had another name when some of it's members split from OA, but can't remeber that name. Todays leader, Sir Cubiz, may inform us about that.

Awesome amount of info, guys!! Thanks very much... let's keep it going.

The Gladiators > Founded by myself at 19-02-2007 currently 49 members.

"Miners of the Mountains", MotM was founded 31/01/2004 by The_Owl (KGK and Seeker also involved at some point I think) if I am not mistaken (check soc terminal... I think it still exists) It used to be a mining soc. It was my first soc when I joined 03/2005. In 2006 things went a bit wrong, leaders changed, the soc was stalling, very good players left the soc for good reasons.

Funnily ennough there is a few very well known players and EF members that used to belong to this soc ;) for ex.. Da, Trabin, Dub, Oddbunny

Then in the end of 2006 a few of us decided to set up a new soc.

Me, Sniqs and Bez decided to set up "Smart Professionals United". SPU was founded on 03/09/2006 by the three of us.

Mikass was also a MotM member, he founded his own soc with other people, I leave this up to him to explain if he wants to.

I don't know of any others that set up their own socs, there must be some though.

01/06 2005 Origin of Symmetry (OoS) (disbanded) was founded by the two former BP advisors, Gnasher (as Captain) and Myself (as advisor). Most active BP members jumped ship to OoS, so to speak.

And I was wondering where all ppl from that soc were hiding :laugh:

The Disturbed Ones

Founded by me 21st November 2005.
Not born out of any other soc, and I have never been on any other soc.

We have however had many people join us from other socs. We had a few instances of multiple people join from other socs, either as the soc they were in was restructuring, gone inactive or generally moving on as groups of friends. These socs include The Atrox Killers, Jurai Blood, The NBK and I sure there are others but not had enough Beer yet. Aside from the usual recruitment of like minded nutters from various other socs and freelancers.

We have had members leave to do other things. One is Goose, now the General of cKs as far as I know, and another Andyzammy formed his own soc, Divide & Conquer.

Not a lot else to report really, apart from a long long term friendship with the Gloryhound Irregulars.

By the way, a few 3rd birthday celebration events in my sig :)

I appreciate all the info so far! Let's keep it coming! Some of you high-powered, landgrabbing socs have not reported in yet ;)

Any info is welcome!

gl on ur project

but hey, isn't founder, founding date, etc available at soc terminal?

greetz
Naomi

greetz
Naomi

Doesnt say which society the founders was in before founding the societies, and which societies emerged from that society in question, which this thread is all about.

Like for example M2S iirc was formed by former "Fiend without a Face" members?
and Art of War was formed by former Dark Knights and DNA members, etc..

greetz
Naomi

That doesn't tell you much about the story of a soc. Will dig the info on DK's history

greetz
Naomi

Yep, what Skam and Bogger said :thumbup:

Just point me in the right direction and I will look up date info on the soc terminal. TBH, it does not really matter who formed the new soc... just the origins and such so I can connect the dots ;) I do find the short stories intersting and I think others do as well.

Mastermesh has got most of it right above.

ZOKU was formed in October 2007 (iirc), mostly from from Entropia Asia Cadets members, with a few members from Entropia Asia as well.

These socs include The Atrox Killers, Jurai Blood, The NBK and I sure there are others but not had enough Beer yet.

A bit of extra detail for you:

Of these three only The Atrox Killers (my old soc) which was formed on 7th Jan 2006 no longer exists, the then still active members joined TDO on 14th November 2006 and The Atrox Killers was disolved some months later. Since the disolution of TAK the majority of former and returning members have also joined TDO, several still remain although a number have left the game entirely.

That was easy. Found my copy of "The Entropian" ;)

Began with the legendary Soldiers of Fortune society. After a power struggle between Varrick Chaoswielder and an old leader of SoF, Varrick founded Dark Knights of Calypso. This soc disbanded after Varrick resigned and disappeared.
Rollo Rolly Odenfield (Odenfield Ventricle thing is named after him) became leader of the new society Dark Knights and also set up the sister soc Dark Knight Squires, Entropia Movers were absorbed into DK around this time also.
2 years ago several top members of DK left to form AoW with some from DNA. DK recovered and under the leadership of Trisha Lady Trisha Epona the soc has now rooted itself firmly in top10

Probably more info to come :)

and Art of War was formed by former Dark Knights and DNA members, etc..

Bastard child? ;)

I have some info on Private Eggs society.

Private Eggs grew into Eggs Urus after becoming multinational. Now EU members formed Ptero Corpus a soc of great extension prepared to face CE2.

So, the chart would be like this:

PE =>> EU =>> PC

I joined Old Alphas in May 2005 and there was a major breakup somewhere in August/September that year. DJ and I founded Old Freelancers Inc and a few OA's, like Bluetail, Rurik and Quisten joined us. In the expansion of OFI people like Photon and AkiranBlade came along for some time. DJ and I got a bit bored (it always happens to us at the same time :) ) and moved to Via Dolorosa and left OFI kind of sleeping.
After getting bored again :D, DJ founded Divine Justice a few months ago and the guys that kept OFI alive during her absence joined the DJ soc. After wandering a bit around my self (freelancer, Holland Nu and AoW) I realized that I cannot live virtually separated from DJ :)

Back