Question: Which gun has a rate of fire that is faster than the sound effect?

NevadaJake

Elite
Drake Slade Corbett
Some time back I remember reading a post where the poster said that a certain gun was somewhat annoying because it had a rate of fire that was faster than the sound effect. I tried searching for it, but can't seem to find it. Was the gun one of these?
  • Maddox IV
  • FreanD Delta
  • Starkhov AS-98
  • Starkhov AS-97
Thanks!

i thought it was the Mod Merc, if I recall correctly Stryker from Warants said it :scratch2:

I would guess ModMerc, considering it has 86 attacks per minute. However, unless you are in the lobby in MA's HQ you probably will not experience a true 86 / minute... could be wrong though ;)

I have noticed this problem with my Vat ME. Might have been lag issues, but it has happened often enough in different locations to suggest otherwise.

I think I said this about the adj as 97 :ahh:
Nothing wrong with the mod merc sound, its as beatiful as it gets.
Some other guns I remember having this problem tho were the Isis CB series, not sure about the BL series.

If you swing the Katsuichi Valor enough times the sound will run behind on the swing.
If you shoot the BLP handguns like BL1000 and Geotrek H41 Mina the sound takes longer than the reload and will go out of sync too.

Fast BLP rifles like VAT ME and starkov AS 147 get out of sync a bit but reset pretty fast, sometimes it sounds like you shoot 2 times at once :)

Hmm i'm wondering if it was actually the Maddox IV because they changed the sound file from a low pitched Jungle Stalker kind of sound to a more high pitched sound... I don't recall it ever feeling like it was out of synch or something...

Then again it was a long time ago...

This happens to me most regularly using BL1000. I don't think Maddox IV has the same problem as it's a different sound file, iirc. If I can find the file I can probably fix it :)

I'm guessing the xXx test that uniqu3 won, it was 120...no?

The Stark AS-147 Mentor Edition is the one you are probably looking for. If not then you can add it to list as a definite. Have owned one for a long time and the sound effect with ending click definetly runs over the reload time. Gets very annoying for sure.

Imk2 is bugged as well, but I got used to it already..

Same irritating sound-lag with the Mod Starkhov. I found though that if I move just a little every 2nd shot, the sound seems to keep up. I don't have to move much, just tapping forward or backward is enough. So hunting now I shoot twice, move a little, shoot twice and so on :)

from low-end weapons that will be also BLP Rifles Niloticus and Sphyra (if maxed)

Mod. - Merc. definitely :)

HL 6 to 15 have it sometimes for me.
Apis aswell and lr 63

You could be thinking of this 2 year old post from Stormer..

For several MONTHS the gun appers to be a lot slower than it really is, the laserbeam and gun cant hang on with the original reload, hard to describe correctly but its very frustrating to hunt and dunno when i actually shoot or not

Also the gun jumps forward when you shoot and not backward (and its a lasergun only a beam of light so it should not have any recoil at all)

Sent several supportcase about this and was told that they are working on this...not a high priority it seems though :mad:

"Nothing about reload on aimk2 and similar weapons "...
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mindark-news/92883-version-update-9-1-3-a-5.html#post1108748

Last edited:
I get the lag thing, where the gun has no animation or sound, but damage is still done to the mob. Only happens when I have drawn a crowd of eager volunteers.

For the problem is that my computer is slower then my gun. So I think thats what causes it for me on most guns :D

For the problem is that my computer is slower then my gun. So I think thats what causes it for me on most guns :D

:laugh: Put some more coal into it when you play EU. The more steam you have, the higher the pressure, the faster it will go. :laugh:

:lolup:

you get a MaddoxIV sound to roll like a steam-engine sometimes, but i think this works with all weapons with more than 60attks per min.

Might as well add the Apis and the Adj.97 for me.The Adj. gets really annoying when you throw in some graphic lag from taking hits too.

i get this quite often with my starkov AS 147 it still hits the mob so dosent bother me

I think the Prosecutors do as well, having a long firing sound and a short reload time.

IMK3 not the sound or the laser blast matches to the reload, its shoots faster then it looks ;)

Not really a gun but,
Castorian Survival En-Blade 7 Improved ? 100attacks/min
Anyone got one and can say if it actually does? lol

Just put it up, ofc it does. Fastes player available weapon. :headbang:

Ze.

VAT-100 ME is faster than those (75 attacks per second)

mynormal vat 100 even sometimes fire's faster then the sound effect.
though i sometimes get 2 sound effects without any pause in between. :yay:

but a ravenger adj v1 can do the trick with ease....

Back