It feels kinda weird…

Green Rowan

Alpha
Is it just me, or the Entropians are behaving differently these days? Everybody seems to be holding back and waiting for something. True, MA organized some stuff in the last few weeks (more than they did in a long time I might ad), but in spite of that, things have almost ground to a halt.

Every now and then you see the usual suspects globaling on a spider or an Eomon, but the stream of globals and HOF’s has slowed right down…

The prices in auction have kinda collapsed, crafters aren’t crafting like they used to, miners aren’t mining as much, and hunters are economizing on ammo. Only the super-doper-ubers hunt the super-doper-uber-mobs.

Everyone seems to be waiting for something… waiting for the LG… waiting for the LG to be over… waiting for CE2… waiting for the loot to improve … waiting for something to change…

It feels kinda weird, don’t you think?

Green

Yeah I know what you mean. I even bought a Xbox last week:scratch2:
And actually played on it all week aswell

It's the calm before the storm. Just a little more time, and then BANG!

Welcome to Crytropia!

:D

It's the calm before the storm. Just a little more time, and then BANG!
:D

I just hope that the bang will happen before the December blues hits, and that the same bang won’t prove to be a fizzle…

I also hope that MA realizes that expectations grow every day, and that with every day that passes, they will be harder and harder to meet…

Me myself have logged in 1-2 times the last couple of weeks, shooting 2-3 mobs and the logged off. EU is a game for people that like to grind, i know that. But under my 3+ years in EU i have heard all thoose promises made of MA that would make this to an amzing game to be in, so i have just played on and hoped to see thoose things implemented.

But, all it seems to be is just empty words. So now i just let my avatar rest and checks in on the forum to see if any progress has been made.

I rather spend my time in an quality mmo then in this world of grinding, even though i always wanted this to be THE game.

I'm waiting to regain my sanity! I started dreaming entropia and ventirlo:eek::eek::eek:

And my friends said i spend more time with my entropia friends than them now :eek::eek::eek:

A passing thought... Just imagine that George Lucas suddenly decides do add a RCE to his Starwars Online… or that the people who own the Startreck game do the same… Or that a Babylon 5 game with a RCE is launched… or a Stargate game with a RCE…

Yeah I know what you mean. I even bought a Xbox last week:scratch2:
And actually played on it all week aswell

Hehe. We bought a Wii and are doing the same :D

I think it's a combination of several things, but mostly that USD now costs a lot more than just 6 months ago. For example, in Norway we have to pay 40% more to get 100 usd now than we had to 6 months ago. That means it's a lot more expensive to play. Considering that a whole lot of players are from europe, this affect most of the players.

Some people doesn't play much now, and wait for the dollar to be worth less while others are using this opportunity to cash out and earn some good profit on the dollar value. All this makes activity less and it will be less demand for items that more people sell than usually. To top it off I also think a lot of people are waiting for cryengine to come, and not playing a lot until then, while others are affected by the crises which means they have less money in general to spend.

Overral I think this will continue for quite a few months, as the end of crises isn't here yet.

I have been busy with RL... 18 units at school...and now, my father has decided catch stage IV lung cancer.

But, if things in EU were 'less depressing' I might find more escapism there. But even if I wanted to play more, it would not be much.

Went back and started doing a little SOLO strategy computer gaming.... how sad is that?

Went back and started doing a little SOLO strategy computer gaming.... how sad is that?

lol.. It's not sad unless you catch yourself playing the Windows Solitaire or minesweeper...

I myself did something I thought I would never do again... A few days ago I logged in into "the other game"...

Personally with the xmas shopping to do my money is being spent elsewhere, apart from the peds needed for occasional little hunts and mining runs; and the society Xmas Beacon will be the next event to spends a larger amount of peds on (the L equipment always expires just before an event :rolleyes:).

Oh, yea something else busy with work,

Cant play whenever I want anymore, bit fed up with my profit loss ratio this year:)

And need my weekend time go get comepletly shatterd or Illl die during the week by lack of alcohol..

A passing thought... Just imagine that George Lucas suddenly decides do add a RCE to his Starwars Online… or that the people who own the Startreck game do the same… Or that a Babylon 5 game with a RCE is launched… or a Stargate game with a RCE…

It would certainly put some presure on MA if a game with quality and actual gameplay(compared to EU)had RCE implemented.

But at the same time, gamers, thoose that dont gives a rats ass about RCE, and are willing to pay a Monthley fee to get the quality one gets from such an MMO wouldent be so happy. So i wonder if any company are willing too sacrifise theire current playerbase just to see if RCE would work in theire game.

I think that gamers are a small % of the playerbase in EU. More players are just interested in earning some cash, and we have the players that plays EU due to the same reason one plays Poker: The gambling aspect, and we have the people that for some reason cant or dont want to pay a fee to play a game. I dont think that noone of thoose playertypes gives crap about gameplay, heck i dont even think they have played an another mmo.

That is the sort of player MA wants, not people that plays just for the imersion of living and acting in a another world full of fantastic places to visit and interact with.

I think that the RCE is very important… not that people play to make a buck, but because they play for something real, not just points on the screen… it’s something palpable…

RCE is (IMHO) the way of the future. Entropia is the first to do it, but they need to be VERY careful not to lose this advantage... This sort of virtual universe is the first step towards the holodeck, and there are a lot of people who travel this road, not just MA...

I'm a noob, still in my first year. When I joined things where all bubbly and joyfull but now its all doom and gloom. Ok so RL is a bit more gloomy now with the cash situation but with or without the RCE this is a game played for fun. There are flaws to the base game i.e. the grind to pull out ore and craft but hell come on this is a virtual universe. I cant remember the last time I sat around put every thing on hold and waited for god to say "hey dude that lottery upgrade I promised is ready to download, Yea I know it took a few years too long but its worth the wait" before having fun, so why is everybody waiting for MA to do something. Event organisers should rattle the cages of fun. Why dont we all start our own fun its our universe they are just some god waiting to be worshiped. Or should we opt for the next mod "return of the litch looter" before there is more content for us to trudge through. Sorry for the long post but COME ON LIGHTEN UP AND PLAY THE FREAKING GAME. We need to get the folks who are left and know how to sort events together and get something worth doing. Small daily events, big weekly events. Just bring on the clowns I want to have fun.

Yea i know the feeling. Dunno why, just everything seems to be going slowly and feeling of waiting is in da air. May its the xmas comin... :scratch2:

same story for me im afriad too. ive started the free trial on a space mmorpg (just incase we cant say names lol) yeah but my eu time has been exchanged for that. i dont like it but most of my soc dont come on too much anymore and it gets boring when you dont even make enough for the repairs back. im waiting till the cryengine till i next deposit. also the exchange rate on the pound has gone to shit so i get less for my money and i get less loot for my peds. i refuse to give up hope though haha. come on ma pull your fingers out eh?

Quite frankly losing all the time is getting kinda tiring, then seeing yet another ATH roll by. I have got to the point that going out mining is becoming a waste of time, if you feel you have bugger all chance of breaking even then you stop.
Don't get me wrong i don't expect to gain here, but the rate of loss recently is taking the piss. One 200 bomb run i found 1 stone of Rugaritz and still just scraped break even - i mean come on.:(

I just hope that the bang will happen before the December blues hits, and that the same bang won’t prove to be a fizzle…

CE2 will be implemented early 2009 according to the latest predictions from MA/Marco :)

I was in a holding pattern. Or more precicely a losing pattern. I did a few deposits and still just losing. As has been said losing all the time does get boring. Enough ped back only to grind more but not for anything else. So if in the next few days that trend continues I`ll be holding again. I have some nexus on hand so I`ll probably go back and sweat some more. The migration was fun and I got in on a few nice loots but still lost overall. It`s disheartening to see that ped balance always just slipping back to zero. Choices aside from depositing more are less than exciting. I am hoping ce2 brings something back to the game but without ped all the glitz in the world will still look like nothing more than a pretty tar pit.

Hi,

my last 2 deposits vanished insanely fast, even if I'd really didn't do "beyond my possibilities". Whatever/ wherever/ howsoever I hunted/ mined/ crafted the returns was more then insulting. And this for quite some time now.

So I'm on hold, too. Like close to all of the members of my FL. Having cut my Entropia time heavily, and avoiding anything that could make me lose even more.

But I'm seeing huge HoF's and AtH's every other day - is this the way MA wants to keep EU alive? Drowning some "Selected Ones (tm)" in PED's (that often will get withdrawn fast) when having the remaining population starving?

I cannot help having the impression they want to get rid of as much of the old population as possible now, before starting the CE2/ Planet thingie with lot's of newcomers. That don't have the knowledge and experience like us, and that don't have the "old time gear" - a lot of people now leaving will not take the hassle to sell anything and withdraw, many will keep their accounts in a maybe futile hope for a better future, forget and get wiped.

MA isn't actively advertising for new participants anymore since quite some time, they're in the partner business now. EU has become unknown in the gamer scene, and no efforts are made to change this, beside some fan made projects. I'd not be surprised if MA would silently buy off a lot of the old "God-Mode" gear ...

It would make sense. Imagine they'd start the new CryEU with quite some planet partners (& planets), with a big marketing offensive, and a lot of newbies, similar to the CND wave. Imagine then the newcomers at "planet seven-eleven", after some time of skilling, when suddenly a todays Uber would arrive and show them what they'd never be able to reach ...

Getting rid of such now would make sense, but we'll never know hat happens between them and MA - maybe we'll be able to draw conclusions some day ...

And it's not only them Ubers - even a todays full nOOb like me seems like a Semi God to new participants, and even if my poorly amount of skill and gear isn't even worth withdrawing, a todays newbie would need years and years, and quite an amount of $$$ to reach! I'm often running newbies around the place, getting them TP's or do "guided hunts", and when I tank an Atrox old w/o any armor & problems they get crazy - these beasts kill them in seconds!

Maybe it has been decided that EU has finished it's beta phase, and that it's now time to get rid of the old buried corpses. Maybe MA is at the moment in a phase where they try to repel as many old participants as possible, before they'd offer the remaining ones to recreate a blank fresh avatar, with compensation for the gear & skill owned.

After all, we don't own more but the TT worth of our gear, right?

For sure, this all is pure speculation! It may come close to truth, or it might be completely wrong - don't bash me for thinking about "What if", please! Think for yourself about, and discuss in a kind manner, please!

And don't forget:

Have fun!

Hm… that’s a frightening picture you painted there… I joined a year and a half ago, and now I’m up to lvl 44 prospecting and 41 laser sniper… it’s not much compared to you super-dooper-ubers, but it cost me a lot of time, cash, sweat (my own), and tears to reach this level…

if MA decides to level everything and start again (officially or unofficially), I don’t think that there are enough swear words in the world for what I’d think and say… I worked my ass off to reach these levels…

I'm on hold, but i WANT to play. It's just that returns have been so bad i just do not have the economy to continue until december's salary.

I do not have any problem with paying good money to have fun, but i can't throw up more money than i have. IF EU would cost me 1000-2000ped a month i'd be happy, but now you can burn through a small sum like that in four hours.

I think with the current events that ma is unfolding, primarily the 3 x skill gain event, we might see a tiny jump start to the economy. There is motivation to play on all levels and professions for now again. Maybe I am looking through rose color glasses, but it will be a interesting 2 weeks for this games economy.

I think with the current events that ma is unfolding, primarily the 3 x skill gain event, we might see a tiny jump start to the economy. There is motivation to play on all levels and professions for now again. Maybe I am looking through rose color glasses, but it will be a interesting 2 weeks for this games economy.

I will burn whatever peds i have, thats for sure :D

Back