Account locked permanently

or this...
##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762# # (Bonjour Service) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe (file missing)

Bonjour is something related to Adobe CS3
How to remove

TuneUpDefragService.exe
Defragger portion of TuneUp Utilities 2008

xpnetdiag.exe
xpnetdiag.exe is a Network Diagnostic for Windows XP from Microsoft Corporation belonging to Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

I can't see any *REAL* suspicious running processes...

And I worked with computers for a loooong time... I know all my running processes by hand and I also have the Bonjour running, tho I disabled that and runs manually if needed.

do you have a system debugger like softice installed ?
it doesn't show up on hijackthis or task manager. That app would definitely be enough to have you banned because if you know how it works and know some x86 asm knowledge, then there is noting you cant do on client side. Only extreme coders and hackers use it so MA has a reason to worry.
The only way to (almost) protect the data on client side is to ban all computers with system debuggers installed. Most games do !

do your debugging,coding and cracking on another computer.

I'm guess that this has happened before, the OP got locked. Sent a support case to MA. MA issued a warning. The OP made no changes to the computer. Logged in again. Got locked. MA issued a warning. The OP made to changes to the computer. etc.

It looks like its taken a perma ban for the OP to say, 'geez, maybe I should see if there is something on my PC.'

i too dont understand how can MA scan ur running program... software that do that somehow require rights or atleast a normal install?

If you have a counter on you're website you'd be suprised how much information you can see from visitors. Just visiting a webpage.

I'm talking about location (ISP), OS, What website brought them to you're site, what kind of explorer, screen resolution etc etc.

That all by just visiting a website.

Question to the OP, why haven't you send the log earlier to MA. I think i would do it already the first or second time i get locked to prevent risking permanent ban.

We have to speculate which applications will make them lock us...

What a bullshit, MA could at least publish a list of "deprecated software" or something - but no, it's all guesswork, and if we don't find out in time our accounts are gone... wtf is wrong with them, huh?

/Edit:

Oh, and HinDragoz, you better contact marco directly via email, support is as helpful as a third leg there...

hope you get it all sorted out.

Last edited:
We have to speculate which applications will make them lock us...

What a bullshit, MA could at least publish a list of "deprecated software" or something - but no, it's all guesswork, and if we don't find out in time our accounts are gone... wtf is wrong with them, huh?

We'll i think they don't publish a list of that because there will be people seaching for holes, software that is not on the list. And afterward when it causes problems they can say, hey MA it wasn't on the list.

So this way, not publishing a list saves them a lot of hassle.

Just my thought

If you have a counter on you're website you'd be suprised how much information you can see from visitors. Just visiting a webpage.

I'm talking about location (ISP), OS, What website brought them to you're site, what kind of explorer, screen resolution etc etc.

That all by just visiting a website.

Question to the OP, why haven't you send the log earlier to MA. I think i would do it already the first or second time i get locked to prevent risking permanent ban.

thats right but i dont know much about what a software can do, i know antivirus can dig pretty deep in memory and accessing software and such... but installing a antivirus require admin rights and a reboot... entropia is a on-the-fly-software with no installation/reboot. u can copy it from drive to drive and still work... so i had the feeling it couldnt really go and dig into others software memory or access windows treads and such...

maybe it just scan is own memory and spot something lousy if u have something that can alter memory like cacheman xp...

oops misread your post earlier ...killing co ordinators as same time as reading :)

dude it looks pretty suspicious from your side... are you sure you haven't left anything out. Why didn't you stop running all third party software like MA asked?
I could've quotet almost all the responses here, but i chose this for no reason, you, George, and many of the others, don't seem to be familiar at all about anything related to windows operating system and programs/processes on it.

I know very well that HinDragoz has not been running any "suspicious" programs by his choise.
And if MA has noticed something strange, why wouldn't they have said what it was in the first place?

Edit: Why the f**k do you people keep asking "what are you running" and "what processes you have" since he already gave the process list

We'll i think they don't publish a list of that because there will be people seaching for holes, software that is not on the list. And afterward when it causes problems they can say, hey MA it wasn't on the list.

So this way, not publishing a list saves them a lot of hassle.

Just my thought

The software on that list would be the software they are able to detect...
don't see why they can't publish it. The stuff they CAN'T detect would be the one to worry about...

They can't lock you and give you zero assistance how to solve the problem, no wonder it happens again then...

MA customer support has never been known to be great, but giving 0 information about y their banning an account is a new high point in their stupidity. As others have mentioned there is no REAL suspicious program on the list he provided, yes he could have altered it etc etc, so we can never be sure, but if MA is going to perm ban his acc the least they could do is tell him "so and so program is the reason" takes them a little more time but gives closure to the situation and may allow a potential customer to return, instead "we closed ur acc cuzz u were warned...case closed" yep its all makes perfect sense now thx MA

While i do understand that after having so many warnings MA has the right to just close his acc, and it may be his fault for not asking what was wrong after he got his acc back, but how much help would he have hoped to get even if he did ask considering the "help" hes gotten now about what program could have caused all this mess? Anywayz i wish u luck in getting this solved

Just my 2 pec

They can't lock you and give you zero assistance how to solve the problem, no wonder it happens again then...

Thats what Im thinking, and it scares me too :eek:

Some great people around here that understand all programmes, application etc, they know their pc inside-out, understand everything they see..

..I'm not one of them :eek:

This could happen to me then.

I know enough to get by, thats it, I wouldnt know if I had something fishy going on, that was against the eula, I would at least like ma to help me resovle it.

If they didnt, and just kept locking and giving short answer's, I wouldnt know what to do? I'd have no clue how to proceed. :scratch2:

thats what they should do to all "lucky" nondepositors :/

thats what they should do to all "lucky" nondepositors :/

Lolll

Honest though, i'm kinda divided here... on one hand, it took the OP 7 warnings and a perma-ban to try and sort things with the forum "gang" help, kinda weird, on the other hand, MA's answers are a bit "short" to say the least... but heh... you're non depoer... gotta live with that kind of service... i wouldn't go fill up my tires for free at the station and if it was off-service go inside asking for a refund now would i?

Just setup a new account for your cousin, and start grinding again.... :ahh:

MA Support said:
31 Mar 2008 Entropia Support:
Hi,

We have systems in place to prevent memory hacks and the like. We can say that your auto-lock is most likely because of CachemanXP. If you stop running this application while using the Entropia Client your problem should stop.

We have now unlocked your account.

Kind regards,
Entropia Support"
ok so, I had pe-ass once and tought that it caused the problem, but no! had cachemanxp and tought that it caused the problem, but seems like that didnt either!
Well, I don't understand those who say that MA didn't give any useful information.

You seem to have had CachemanXP running and got 6 warnings.

Seems fair to me. :dunno:

Well, I don't understand those who say that MA didn't give any useful information.

You seem to have had CachemanXP running and got 6 warnings.

Seems fair to me. :dunno:

i think what he said is MA told him to remove cachemanXP, he did, then now he got locked again so he claimed that it seem cachemanxp wasnt the problem...

I would like Mindark to publish a list of software they claim is interfering with eu.

Otherwise we could all be next.

We are paying to play.. and the funds ingame can be withdrawed. We pay for a service. I do not think Mindark should have a right to deny a service payed for without stating why.

It's sometimes a good idea to nuke your windows partition and reinstall it. I had to do that every year or so with 98se and 2k; xp is good for about two before it gets busted and crufty. It's definitely something you do sometime before the seventh lock. :rolleyes:

I would like Mindark to publish a list of software they claim is interfering with eu.

Otherwise we could all be next.

We are paying to play.. and the funds ingame can be withdrawed. We pay for a service. I do not think Mindark should have a right to deny a service payed for without stating why.

I totally agree. MA needs to step up and explain to us what does "third party software" mean exactly in their book, give us a few examples and tell us what kinda` programs fit this profile. Getting locked without knowingly doing something wrong is pretty scary stuff, mostly when lots of money could be involved. Doesn` t look too good for MA either if customers can `t feel secure about their accounts.

MA might not necessarily be able to identify any programs that "interfere" with the Client.

Perhaps there are just certain failsafes built into the client that detect when another program is reading or moving bits of its' software around in memory.

For all I know, Vista's memory manager could interfere with EU, and I'll get locked since EU doesn't support Vista yet. :rolleyes:

MA customer support has never been known to be great, but giving 0 information about y their banning an account is a new high point in their stupidity. As others have mentioned there is no REAL suspicious program on the list he provided, yes he could have altered it etc etc, so we can never be sure, but if MA is going to perm ban his acc the least they could do is tell him "so and so program is the reason" takes them a little more time but gives closure to the situation and may allow a potential customer to return, instead "we closed ur acc cuzz u were warned...case closed" yep its all makes perfect sense now thx MA

While i do understand that after having so many warnings MA has the right to just close his acc, and it may be his fault for not asking what was wrong after he got his acc back, but how much help would he have hoped to get even if he did ask considering the "help" hes gotten now about what program could have caused all this mess? Anywayz i wish u luck in getting this solved

Just my 2 pec

support might not be great.

But ive made alot of cases and as soon as its not general crap I get a good handwritten mssg telling me why.

All i can image is that OP isnt telling all, AND if its a big loss just call Mindark.

I never had bad experiences but for long waits with MA in the support section.
If you are polite abd ask good Q's they will answer ok in 99% of the cases and that 1% has a reason..

6 bans really make me wonder tbh..

If I would be locked for something like that, I would not join EU again until they tell me exactly what is wrong so I can fix it. If they don't assist me, I send my lawyer to ask for more information before I decide to go to court. But when you login before knowing for sure you have solved the problem you expose yourself to risk.

It may be that MA is right and you really have a software on your computer that does strange things without you knowing about. A clean install may be a good thing, but it will not solve the problem, because after a while people tend to have on their computer exactly the same crap they had before cleaning it. Sooner or later you will end up in the same situation.

Hmm I don't think its cacheman xp cos I have it as well and no probs with MA (so far:)). BUT im running old version so I will install new version to check if this is a prob.

The truth probably is that MA does't know what causing those intreferences with their software... and that's the biggest :bs:.

:popcorn:

I got hijackthis software which scans the running programs. here's what it shows:

Take out punkbuster, not only is it a pain, it is also trojan based and can allow remote users to take control of your system ;)

If your not sure what punkbuster is exactly, do a google on it and a bit of reading. Also lookup what a ROOTKIT is, Punkbuster is a rootkit.

~ Sparkz

Last edited:
just had a read @ the posts you say mates have had the same i guess you trade them also ?

could this be somthing to do with it ? :confused:

first time it happend i would have called MA if i didnt have a clue as to what may cause it.

and ofc MA aint going to say a list of prgrams which may affect EU since there may not be a way for them to fix the problems from certian apps.

(there may be fix but people will always find way around it)

Last edited:
But ive made alot of cases and as soon as its not general crap I get a good handwritten mssg telling me why.

This is my exact point. Personally i dont think getting ur account perm banned is "general crap" so...where is this mssg telling what the problem is? "we cant help u case closed" yep still cant see the y...yes he has a ton of temp blocks, but from my experience i dont see anything in his log that could cause a problem and as i said logs can be ezly altered no need to be a comp expert to do it, but i think the main point of all this is the non existent explanation for the ban...i think if MA had said "so and so program is causing a problem u have been warn x number of times before this will result in the perm ban of ur acc" most people would just say "tough luck but u did get warned"

I will agree that a list of potential programs that MA considers "risky" would solve a lot of this guess work and would probably make their customers (us) much happier. Now if only MA listened to its players :laugh:

Again all this is just my opinion take it w/ a huge grain of salt if u wish. And gl to the OP with his support case

I am thinking after the 1st , 2nd , or 3rd ban I would of done a reinstall of windows and everything else. Sorry you got locked. Something seems to be missing from the story.

I think if someone isn't' sure what is legit they shouldn't run it. I keep the partition i run eu on as clean as possible for that reason. I have put too much time and effort for some mishap to occur like the op is saying.

I think if someone isn't' sure what is legit they shouldn't run it. I keep the partition i run eu on as clean as possible for that reason. I have put too much time and effort for some mishap to occur like the op is saying.

i agree there if ya aint sure dont run it :p

Take out punkbuster, not only is it a pain, it is also trojan based and can allow remote users to take control of your system ;)

If your not sure what punkbuster is exactly, do a google on it and a bit of reading. Also lookup what a ROOTKIT is, Punkbuster is a rootkit.

~ Sparkz

That's very interesting I always thought that this is good software, its implemented in plenty of instalations of games.. never had it anyway..

Spyware doctor should help in discovering if u have anything bad (spyware and rootkits) in your system. Just make sure HinDragoz that U enable option ''search for rootkits'' in SD.
GL

Back