PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images

United Buyers Exchange Resource (U.B.E.R.)

I created a new invite only Social Group called United Buyers Exchange Resource (U.B.E.R.). Yes, the name is a bit cheesy, but the idea is not.

The intention of this coop is mainly to connect buyers and sellers so that shops are always filled and people are always making sales with profit. Traders try to acquire as many things as we can at TT prices and trade to one another at tt prices to fill our various market niches and needs. This group is mainly intended for individuals who wish to deal (as a buyer or seller) in consignment type deals where TT prices are paid at time of delivery and more is paid after sales are done in either person to person trading or via a shop.

This is mainly a networking group for those wishing to profit via trading. Working together we can accomplish more!

This group is intended to be similar to the Entropia Investment Fund, but more of like a p2p type network of sellers and traders instead of a single corporation with one main guy holding the peds. That way all involved keep the TT values on their cards at where they started or above where they started. There is no real Fund involved, just a bunch of folks that buy and sell things to one another in hopes of making profits.

It's also envisioned as a cheap way for those that own shops or do a lot of person to person trading near the TPs to acquire new stuff easily without paying outrageous auction fees in markup. We work together to meet goals. I soon will be sending invites out to a number of individuals that I have personally worked with or that have some awesome trading ideas and systems to expand this group and get new people breathing new ideas in to the group. Together we can accomplish more!

PM mastermesh to get an invite and get involved.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Dave Nihilist Quantison
    Society
    Freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images
    *bump* this looks like a great idea.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Iunno, there's some grass and some rocks here...
    Alexander "Neutrino-X" Darkmoon
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hmm, this sounds interesting and I am indeed interested.

Any prerequisites to become a member?
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images

Nope.

No prereqs to join. I just made the group invite only since I suspect that those that do join in probably won't want to be making it completely global news about what items they have or are buying at tt prices.

Only real requirement is that you are not a scammer and are willing to offer something instead of only take... I sort of envision it kind of like an Entropia version of real world freecycle, except the stuff isn't really free since it has a tt value... and it's not like freecycle because it's about trading to make profit, not completely about giving away stuff, but if you have surplus of something and don't mind giving it away at tt prices or trading for something else at tt prices, that's always welcomed. It's sort of a way to expand what you can get or try new things to sell without having to pay tons of markup on auctions.

It's also a way for those that do trading that want to specialize in one area to get items related to that one area easily... for instance if there's someone in the group that only buys mining gear, others in the group that craft mining gear might be able to cut a deal, either one time deal or long term deal of some sort. It's mainly about networking, and growing your contacts to make trading a little easier... working together to accomplish more than we can on our own.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 11-29-2008 at 15:54.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Iunno, there's some grass and some rocks here...
    Alexander "Neutrino-X" Darkmoon
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No prereqs to join. I just made the group invite only since I suspect that those that do join in probably won't want to be making it completely global news about what items they have or are buying at tt prices.

Only real requirement is that you are not a scammer and are willing to offer something instead of only take... I sort of envision it kind of like an Entropia version of real world freecycle, except the stuff isn't really free since it has a tt value... and it's not like freecycle because it's about trading to make profit, not completely about giving away stuff, but if you have surplus of something and don't mind giving it away at tt prices or trading for something else at tt prices, that's always welcomed. It's sort of a way to expand what you can get or try new things to sell without having to pay tons of markup on auctions.

It's also a way for those that do trading that want to specialize in one area to get items related to that one area easily... for instance if there's someone in the group that only buys mining gear, others in the group that craft mining gear might be able to cut a deal, either one time deal or long term deal of some sort. It's mainly about networking, and growing your contacts to make trading a little easier... working together to accomplish more than we can on our own.
    Hehe, I see.

Say, as example. Today I got lucky and did a 60 PED crude oil global. (Hello? MA? Won't get mad if this actually happened today...) However, I can't be bothered to sell that stuff with a markup, so I'm offering to exchange that crude oil for its (TT) equivalent in Animal Muscle Oil, because I have already lots of crude oil and I need the muscle oil for crafting. Or, perhaps there's someone on the group who crafts Breers and Serum armor parts, and I hunt like mad, as they're (L), eventually I'll run out of Breers and Serum, so I could cut a deal with the crafter.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    Blog Entries
    Images

yep..

You got the right idea... it's a free form trading group where we trade to one another at tt values mainly... either to get something the other participants have that we need at tt value or to fill shops that do consignment deals. We work together to meet one another's needs.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Children of Atom (Traveller)
    Images
    I am a newbie right now so dont have anything to offer yet but keep me in mind please?

On Runescape months ago I did something similar and still do if I find an item worth trading in, for me it isn't about screwing everyone over to get rich...it is about the connections

I am only new right now but already noticed a couple of opportunities :p

These are my Runescape credentials if you wish to take a look:

Basically the story goes that a while ago trading in that game became somewhat "dead"...I wanted to help others see that there were still opportunities to be successful

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forum...pic=193173&hl=

The above doesn't show the initial guide, but the one below does...albeit shortened

I look forward to your reply, be it acceptance in a few months or denial :p

http://forums.nationalguardofrunesca...topic=8680&hl=

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    Blog Entries
    Images

invite sent.

Sparhawke, your invite has just been sent. Will be glad to have you join.

NeutrinoX, I'm glad to see that you got in too after I sent your invite.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 11-30-2008 at 11:54.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    Blog Entries
    Images

bump.

Bumping it up a bit. Come on now, you know you want to be U.B.E.R!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    Blog Entries
    Images

still inviting folks.

This group is still open for invites if anyone is interested, pm me please, or reply to this thread. Thanks.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast