"Let it Rock" Kevin Rudolf

The song and the video work very well together, very successful.

Although this is the sort of talentless, clichéd, uninspired drivel of a song that I really hate. Kind of bling bling Liam Gallagher wannabe who only knows how to sing one note and write crap lyrics that have been written 3 million times before. IMHO.

David, I have a question regarding this competition.

You stated that the winners video may be used in upcoming promotions. Does this mean that we will have CE2 to do the video in? Or are upcoming promotions using the old engine? :)

I know you said the details will be in the press release, but I can't wait under an hour to hear what is happening :p I think it is 9AM LA time in 50 minutes, someone tell me if that is right please!

I have a question too, David. When will MA call upon ingame musicians to be part of a creative process also? How about a music competition like the video competitions?

This will be up on entropiauniverse.com shortly.

Kevin Rudolf Video Competition

MindArk PE AB have licensed the Mega Hit "Let it Rock" by Kevin Rudolf featuring Lil Wayne to herald the next generation virtual world experience as Entropia Universe crosses over to the CryENGINE®2 's cinematic graphics engine in 2009.

Knowing the creative geniuses of the Entropia community, MindArk PE AB have decided to host a video competition: a prize of A Unique Land Area plus A Full Set of Supremacy Armor unlimited will be awarded to the Entropia Universe participant that creates the best promo video for Entropia Universe, using all or part of Kevin Rudolf’s hit song “Let It Rock”.

Submissions should be posted on Youtube before the competition closing date on Saturday Feb 14th 2009. The name of the entries should be “Entropia Let it rock:” followed by your own title.

The competition is open to everyone, with the exception of MindArk PE AB employees and employees of subsidiaries of MindArk PE AB. The best video will be picked by judges appointed by MindArk PE. The winners will be announced shortly after the closing date. Judges’ decisions are final.

David

Uuuuuuh :eek:
Some nice prizes right there.

This will be up on entropiauniverse.com shortly.

Kevin Rudolf Video Competition

MindArk PE AB have licensed the Mega Hit "Let it Rock" by Kevin Rudolf featuring Lil Wayne to herald the next generation virtual world experience as Entropia Universe crosses over to the CryENGINE®2 's cinematic graphics engine in 2009.

Knowing the creative geniuses of the Entropia community, MindArk PE AB have decided to host a video competition: a prize of A Unique Land Area plus A Full Set of Supremacy Armor unlimited will be awarded to the Entropia Universe participant that creates the best promo video for Entropia Universe, using all or part of Kevin Rudolf’s hit song “Let It Rock”.

Submissions should be posted on Youtube before the competition closing date on Saturday Feb 14th 2009. The name of the entries should be “Entropia Let it rock:” followed by your own title.

The competition is open to everyone, with the exception of MindArk PE AB employees and employees of subsidiaries of MindArk PE AB. The best video will be picked by judges appointed by MindArk PE. The winners will be announced shortly after the closing date. Judges’ decisions are final.

David

Shouldn't the contest start After CE2 so that contestants can use the new graphics in their promotional videos???
:confused:

Shouldn't the contest start After CE2 so that contestants can use the new graphics in their promotional videos???

Exactly what i was thinking...
Maybe we'll see a CE2 release very soon. :rolleyes:
It wouldnt make sense to make a promo video without the new graphics.

I have a question too, David. When will MA call upon ingame musicians to be part of a creative process also? How about a music competition like the video competitions?

Seconded! Can you second a question? I just did!

David

NO CryEngine 2.0 before 14th Feb 2009 ?! :cry::scratch:

technical questions

I post it here also, dunno, maybe open a new thread for technical questions?

some technical questions right away:
- what quality is asked for? Just youtube or more HDish
- should the promo part show the best of the current EU or should we wait for CE
- if we are asked (due to the deadline limitation) to use the current game / engine - how much of the video footage has to be generic ingame material or to what degree are we alowed to pimp the footage (fx, look)
- what's the length limit? Like the video already available that incorporates the music or shorter / longer

cool oportunity tho, always wanted to breed little merps on my own land area

I notice in the video that Calypso has 2 moons?:scratch2: or one could be CND but CP is a space station so shouldnt really look like a planet, anyone know the name of our moon?

CP is indeed a space station, in orbit around Calypso. CND is an asteroid, in orbit around the same sun that Calypso is orbiting. Calypso has two moons and three continents. :)

I whatever-number this question. Surely, we're not expecting CE2 to be implemented even by the time the competition ends, do we? :scratch2:

Song download

David, is some place at MA from where we can donload the etire song so we can use it in the video clip? And what must be the resolusion for the clip. :scratch2: Tks :)

Hi,

Why is there always so much frustration around? Everybody has his own music style. Ok. But lean back a second and think about it. The producer of your favourite game informs you first hand (before doing a press release!) about new marketing projects - and even more speaks out an invatation to participate and be part of the show.
First, I understand that everybody has his own style of preferred music and I can easily accept this. And even if I think that this licensed song isn't more then a cheap commercially optimized mix up from what we heard a thousand times before, and that naming such namby-pamby "Let it rock" is an insult to any real rock musician/ fan, everybody is entitled to love it/ buy it/ sing it all day long.
No problem, as long as I'm not forced to hear it ;-)

But there's another thing:

For me one of the most important parts of PE/ EU was the music. It was actually one the very few games where I always had the music playing, where I didn't cancel it very fast after a short first try.
For me, the music of PE/ EU was was an important part of the gaming experience, and still is. It was perfectly suited to create the mood for immersion, and I still love it.
For sure, I could replace it with my favorite playlists. For sure, I wouldn't hear it outside EU - it's not really "my style". But for sure, too, it is the perfect music for this game.

This new song hit me as a shock. If I'd imagine to have to hear this while fighting robot warriors on a distant planet, in a distant future - the same soft washed "la-la-la" that terrorizes me today on every other radio station? It would have survived? Time for suicide, all hope is gone, the end is near, the skies are falling ...

I understand that is not necessarily meant as in game music, and that it will never make it to it maybe. But even as a song for a promotion campaign it's completely wrong in my humble opinion. It has exactly nothing in common with PE/ EU, and using instead a song from the game (or another one from this great musician), maybe even the "gamerchick" oldie, would have been much better.

And I fear that the decision for this song isn't coincidentally. It could be another sign of what direction this game takes. It could be just another brick in the wall.

Have fun!

Have to itterate alot of the views here, think the song is Meh, I don't dig bad black dudes as a genre, and think it's on the weak side of pop rock (tbh its more like pop rap)

However it's great for EU for several reasons. Using a song that sound 'bad' attracts lots of teens and ppl looking for something that isn't Disney sanitised and sugar coated with a cherry on top; It still remains decent enough to not scare aware the parents. Not so many happy parents flip out the credit card or walk Jhonny boy to the corner store to get a UKash certificate, to the sound of Eminem & Dr Dre.

I'd like to listen to Mattias IA Eklundh, but I get the feeling this might result in some people running screaming from their computers :silly2:

:whistle:---------[Let It Rock]----------------------------------------------:headbang:

Slightly off topic, but don't this look more like Happy Hardcore than headbang rock? --> :headbang:

I had to do it ... what you say? ... report that I caught a glimpse of the Miss USA Pageant Sunday night live and guess who was singing ... LIVE ... I have nothing against the song whatsoever, BUT ... Kevin should NOT sing it live EVER. :eek: I know that sounds rude... however, as nice a person as he may be, he does NOT sing in key, it's pitchy, and just plain off, which is a dirty shame. The recording rocks, but live ... no, no, no! :smash:

On the other hand ... the "Veronicas" I think they're called (a young female duo) absolutely ROCKED their track live, and I really enjoyed it. :D

Because when I arrive lalalaaa laaaaa let it rock let it rock let it rock !!!!!

I will never forget about this song

Back