Kevin Rudolf Video Competition

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Kevin Rudolf Video Competition
03 Dec 2008

MindArk PE AB have licensed the Mega Hit "Let it Rock" by Kevin Rudolf featuring Lil Wayne to herald the next generation virtual world experience as Entropia Universe crosses over to the CryENGINE®2's cinematic graphics engine in 2009.

Knowing the creative geniuses of the Entropia community, MindArk PE AB have decided to host a video competition: a prize of A Unique Land Area plus A Full Set of Unlimited Supremacy Armor will be awarded to the Entropia Universe participant that creates the best promo video for Entropia Universe, using all or part of Kevin Rudolf's hit song "Let It Rock".

Submissions should be posted on Youtube before the competition closing date on Saturday Feb 14th 2009. The name of the entries should be "Entropia Let it Rock:" followed by your own title.

The competition is open to everyone, with the exception of MindArk PE AB employees and employees of subsidiaries of MindArk PE AB. The best video will be picked by judges appointed by MindArk PE. The winners will be announced shortly after the closing date. Judges' decisions are final.

Originally Posted Here

WOW i new a few that stand a good chance here ;)
Not for me tho sadly to say :(

Better loot would be more liked to be seen througn 98-99% of the community have no clue about video rendering etc and therefore not really a chance to compete

wow! subscribing to see the movies :popcorn:

Hohoho!

some technical questions right away:
- what quality is asked for? Just youtube or more HDish
- should the promo part show the best of the current EU or should we wait for CE :D
- if we are asked (due to the deadline limitation) to use the current game / engine - how much of the video footage has to be generic ingame material or to what degree are we alowed to pimp the footage (fx, look)
- what's the length limit? Like the video already available that incorporates the music or shorter / longer

cool oportunity tho, always wanted to breed little merps on my own land area :)

Sweet.
Guess it's time to see if i have any movie skills :D

That's an amazing prize package, I can't wait to see the entrants videos.

I agree, HOLY SHIT!

Now, where did I put Frapps?!?!?

50k $ prize, wow, maybe i can get some hollywood movie company to help out :laugh:

LA + Supremacy is a potential $50,000 payout :eek:

Im calling Spielberg and Scorcese we splitting this 3 ways !

Ahh.

Time to get pinnacle out.

I will not participate!

LA and supremacy.... WOW:eek:

He said unique LA that must mean its quite big. or have a rare mob/new. so it could be more than 500k PED :yay:

1. Is there a limit to the number of times I can enter?
2. Can I use the version of the song with the rude words in it? :D

:silly2:

Thats just nuts. Way to big of a price for a little movie competition. I bet you guys want one hell of a good movie but dont want to employ anyone for the work LOL. :laugh:

OMG-ZOR! :eek:

Nice prizes!, to participate i should leave my irl job and put my 110% concentration in this, because i think the price will make the contestant videos that much pro-quality, which is ofc what it should be to represent the new stage of entropia. :yay:

But there must be few peeps here on EF who are skilled enough & have the time and resources for producing something of the winning quality... So good luck to participants!

All I can say is :eek:

Wow, nice.

I've got the video stuff, but only messed with it a bit. Time to give video making a whirl. :D Going to be some tough competition though.....trying to compete with the pro's!

But if you don't try you definetly don't stand a chance. :laugh:

Nice competition MA and an amazing prize!

GL Everyone! :cool:

Thats just nuts. Way to big of a price for a little movie competition. I bet you guys want one hell of a good movie but dont want to employ anyone for the work LOL. :laugh:

Lol, now we are complaining that the rewards are too big... :confused:

Nice competition MA! I see some improvements form the previous video comp. Price is known up front and the judging is taken internally. Unfortunately this one is not for me, i hope our creative entropian minds will work wonders!

HOLY.. FUCKING.. SHIT

Supremacy, worth around 15k$$$
And a RARE Land Area, maybe with rare mobs, extra big or a teleporter :O Might be worth up to 100$ if it's really good :DDDDDDD

I'm SO participating!!

Sick prizes! really insane..
too bad i don't have any videoskills!

also my question, I assume it will be chosen as promotionvid for EU in the CE2 time? then shouldn't we wait till CE2 is implemented?

cause, if the video is made for these last few months without CE2 the video will be out of date pretty soon..

Echoing some of the others...

1. If this is to help herald in the Cry2 do we have to wait until the Cry2 is implemented - or are we using footage from the game as it is now pre-Cry2?

2. Are we only allowed one entry per person, or can we upload multiple entries?

Suscribing - and definitely pointing out the obvious that we need some rules....

Suscribing - and definitely pointing out the obvious that we need some rules....

as in, how will the winner be decided aswell. I mean, will it be MA's judges or just plain how many views gained through the tube or simply the winner is already decided before the competition starts? =)

J.

I hope you get a video worth the allocated assets' value, Planet Calypso team. ;)

:popcorn:

Back