Kevin Rudolf Video Competition

Last edited:
"Clever" way to buff digital download numbers but I'll pass even if it was $0.01.

David already answered that, he said it could always be remade, a person who is skilled enough to win this competition is also skilled enough to change the footage to the new engine, within short time also, a new competition wouldnt even be necessary.

From the few images that we have seen so far of CryTopia it would seem that not only will the future version of this game be graphically superior, the entire landscape and all the cities will change completely. It seems a complete fantasy that someone will just go out and easily re-shoot video to promote the newer version of Entropia, which will no longer even be called Entropia Universe.

Go to any ad screen today and unless you were here back then you might be a little confused about this strange game called Project Entropia, that years later they keep showing promotional videos for. As silly as it is to be running these videos (don't even get me started on how ridiculous those ones for New Oxford look), at least the differences between Project Entropia and Entropia Universe were minor enough to see the similarities.

My prediction is that the same thing will happen and that the top entries in this competition will run unchanged ad nauseum for years to come after all the CryEngine2 updates have taken place. In fact I have no reason to doubt that the future ad screens in Planet Calypso will also still be showing clips of old Project Entropia promotional videos and that stupid guy asking people to draw two phones.

Apart from that I wish all the competitors the best of luck and I look forward to seeing your videos over and over and over and over.....and over.

... and that stupid guy asking people to draw two phones.

:rofl: omg u are so funny.. and right at the same time (kinda sad imo)

Anyway gl to all those that will participate in this contest.. :)
I will defenetly watch those videos ^^

The prize is really attractive .. so i guess it's good egnough for anyone to give it a try..

ppl just need motivation :money:

hey, feb 15th, enough time to learn how to edit videos too ;)

The competition will be fierce for this one... as said many times, amazing prices...

But also a very smart publicity stunt, will flood youtube with nice EU videos :)

Anything uploaded to youtube with a music track added, that you bought off iTunes (or wherever) would be illegal - easily flagged and deleted. So, how to solve that problem?

"MindArk PE AB have licensed the Mega Hit "Let it Rock" by Kevin Rudolf featuring Lil Wayne..."

As long as it's an EU realted video there shouldn't be any problems surely?

:)

p.s. @ MA, what should the credits say in relation to content?

Last edited:
You can upload music from most companies anyway but it's at your own risk, in this case there would be no problem. Pretty sure.

"MindArk PE AB have licensed the Mega Hit "Let it Rock" by Kevin Rudolf featuring Lil Wayne..."

As long as it's an EU realted video there shouldn't be any problems surely?

:)

p.s. @ MA, what should the credits say in relation to content?

We arnt MA employees though so that doesnt add up.
Unless mindark bought the complete rights and licensed us all. which they ofc did not.

If they could they would supply us with the track. which they dont.

Anything uploaded to youtube with a music track added, that you bought off iTunes (or wherever) would be illegal - easily flagged and deleted. So, how to solve that problem?
?
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-let-your-hard-work-go-waste.html#post1650004
whole post:
OP, here's what you need to know in order to avoid that kind of thing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

Basically, you can't use an entire copyrighted work within your own without paying a royalty.

If you use about 10% of a song, you're usually OK.

There's more to t than this, but that's why I put the link up there.
Read, learn, adapt.

AG

so ?

MA has licensed the "Let it Rock" song for promotional purposes. So, imo, it should be fine to use the song in a promotional video made for MA.
yep

even if not, I made that post to show, that we can use music.
youtube has millions of movies with music which was downloaded by ftp/p2m etc technology which is legal (at least in my country...you can download music and movies from ftp/and such things for personal usage only)

I think you guys aren´t seeing some obvious points of these competition made from mindark.
Has stated by Scarlon, a similar competition was made by Mindark some time ago, and the same prize package was promissed to the winner and has i could read in his post the prizes given didn´t match with the prizes promissed.

Why should they give a prize with so high value, if they could pay only 10% of it to a Professional video maker?
I think its obvious, because has seen before, this is a try to put the comunity excited and working for MA goals that is promotion the game and atract more players to it.

With this competition hundreds of movies will be made, and certanly lots of good movies, and with the exciting prize package all those who made one will be promoting their videos to other people, friends and etc in youtube.

Mindark will gain what they where expecting with this competition: New players. But honestly i dont think the prizes will be delivered to the winner.

Mindark focus to much in gain new players but they don´t realise that the knowledge and the juice is in knowing how to make them stay in the game.

-->like a better comunication with the comunity.

I think you guys aren´t seeing some obvious points of these competition made from mindark.
Has stated by Scarlon, a similar competition was made by Mindark some time ago, and the same prize package was promissed to the winner and has i could read in his post the prizes given didn´t match with the prizes promissed.
what ? I remember that competition and all prizes were given

Eureka! I think I just had a brainwave!
Time to grind that dancefloor once again, and show the moves ;)

I wasnt playing when was held the competition, but i m stating what i have read on the Scarlon post.

Why should they give a prize with so high value, if they could pay only 10% of it to a Professional video maker?
I think its obvious, because has seen before, this is a try to put the comunity excited and working for MA goals that is promotion the game and atract more players to it.

With this competition hundreds of movies will be made, and certanly lots of good movies, and with the exciting prize package all those who made one will be promoting their videos to other people, friends and etc in youtube.

Mindark will gain what they where expecting with this competition: New players. But honestly i dont think the prizes will be delivered to the winner.

Mindark focus to much in gain new players but they don´t realise that the knowledge and the juice is in knowing how to make them stay in the game.

-->like a better comunication with the comunity.

Umm.... last time I checked, you couldn't order a professional video maker for $30 (10% of tt value).

hmm ... another lame attempt.

How about this: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mindark-news/5415-new-competition-announced.html

and then THIS cra...: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...tropia-universe-movie-competition-winner.html

and finnally: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mindark-news/135207-kevin-rudolf-video-competition.html

anybody knows if something's wrong here?!
i don't expect you to find it...cause there's nothing wrong, right MA? :scratch2:

PS: can't help it

learn wtf u'r talking about :S

the first link (posted on 08-30-2005) concerns the video competition that Dub & Mc Cormik won, prize being a supremacy set and the Unique Dub & McCormick Terminator

2nd link (posted on 05-02-2007) concerns a totally different competition, with different winners and different prizes :rolleyes:

if u'r gonna post crap u might as well stfu

cause it doesnt cost em shit? they dont pay the market value, we do, to them it's a 1 pec LA with an armor set worth whatever the TT is on the supremacy.

the stfu part goes to you to :)

MA has licensed the "Let it Rock" song for promotional purposes. So, imo, it should be fine to use the song in a promotional video made for MA.

If MA was making the video then I'm sure it would be fine but its not. I know ways of ripping the audio from the youtube flv video but thats dodgy and I'd never do something like that ;)

subscribing ...
prepare to be amazed!

If MA was making the video then I'm sure it would be fine but its not. I know ways of ripping the audio from the youtube flv video but thats dodgy and I'd never do something like that ;)

I said they had the rights to use the song (and maybe not the video) for promotional purposes. I am pretty sure that does not include rights to sell/distribute copies of the original song itself.

MA does not have to make the video themselves, they can "hire" others to do it for them.

So it's fine to use a ripped version from, say, myspace?

Either way - I am not employed by Mindark so whatever they licensed doesn't matter for me. They could sue me anyway. (They as in whoever is the real owner.)

The only way to get around it, that I can see, would be to send entries to Mindark directly - surpassing Youtube.

Last edited:
Put a link to the press release MA has for kevinswasteland.com, link to the competition thread here, and MA's pdf or news link in the info section when you upload the YouTube video :rolleyes: Simple.

So it's fine to use a ripped version from, say, myspace?

Hmm, that might be kind of a "grey area". It's fine for the song to be in the video, for promotional purposes. MA licensed it for that purpose. But if you have to pay for the song to work with it in making the video, I don't know the legal answer.

Put a link to the press release MA has for kevinswasteland.com, link to the competition thread here, and MA's pdf or news link in the info section when you upload the YouTube video :rolleyes: Simple.

Yes, if it's for a contest, I don't see a problem on youtube. I see similar stuff for other contests there.

Hmm, that might be kind of a "grey area". It's fine for the song to be in the video, for promotional purposes. MA licensed it for that purpose. But if you have to pay for the song to work with it in making the video, I don't know the legal answer.

Well, to a degree, the song should be given to us, then again not. Just like the software you use to create the video, all should be legal (free/open source/paid for). So, it can go either way. How about all those videos who do mash-ups of their favorite bands/celebrities? Tons of that stuff is all over YouTube and they don't delete them.

How about all those videos who do mash-ups of their favorite bands/celebrities? Tons of that stuff is all over YouTube and they don't delete them.
They do not have "marketing approach"

They do not have "marketing approach"

That's not really the point, the point is...they are using copyrighted materials. Plenty are past the 30 second mark too.

Back