3 For 1 Skill Bonus

Geesh!

Golly guys... MA is doing something awesome for us by letting our skills grow 3x faster than normal and people are still finding reasons to complain.

Stop being Scooges! Get the Joyful Christmas Spirit already! :)

Golly guys... MA is doing something awesome for us by letting our skills grow 3x faster than normal and people are still finding reasons to complain.

Stop being Scooges! Get the Joyful Christmas Spirit already! :)

when u want skills it is awwsome indeed....but as MA say themself..this is not a game...it is all abouth peds...and increase or decrease does not change a thing... it is abouth are more ppl joining or stay...that is what is important

i am not pos or neg..but this is only marketing strategy..not mean a bit..

:laugh: at the people who think a free month's worth of skilling is going to destroy the skill market. If that was true then the economy would be doomed by the end of January even without the event :)

:laugh: at the people who think a free month's worth of skilling is going to destroy the skill market. If that was true then the economy would be doomed by the end of January even without the event :)

i beg to disagree, alot of folks will be skilling like mad to chip and sell afterwards.

I forsee the supply far outweighing demand after xmas for a few months at least.
Some skills we get devalued cos of the influx of skillchips ESI on the other hand i expect to go up in price as everyones using them or selling them.

Great times ahead for skillprogress! :):yay:
But, I get a feeling that this isn't done only to be nice... will we
see a new nerf or even changes in skills before CE2 + new planets?:scratch2:
Oh I always thought the Skill message lines ment I got skill...
I think he means value per gain might be higher now. ;)

its nice.. Now,if the damn installer would connect to MA ftp I could start installing a "game" and start skilling.. kept away from EU because of crappy return.. but skillincrease might outweight it.. chance to get CS before the 2009:D

could we get "3times as much as loot" event too?:laugh:

Great times ahead for skillprogress! :):yay:
But, I get a feeling that this isn't done only to be nice... will we
see a new nerf or even changes in skills before CE2 + new planets?

Feel free to shoot down my theory, but here it is.

With people like Yoda hitting lvl 150+ laser sniper, and a lot of other people progressing far faster than MA possibly thought possible when they launched the game, the game is quickly running out of challenges for those who started off early.

The non-linear skill progression was a first attempt at a fix, but not enough to level the playing field to satisfactory levels. Ergo, the only way to fix the situation is by ensuring that in the future, in order to hunt certain high level mobs, one will have to be lvl 120+ hunter.

The skill increase bonus could hint at a test to spot where to put the bar for the future, skill-wise. At the same time, it's an awesome event for noobish people, as they gain skills amazingly fast (tell your disciples), and for us mid-level peeps, it will level the playing field a bit.

In the short run, yes, skill chip prices will take a dip. In the long run, you're only screwed if you're selling as a result of the bonus.

My 2 pec.

my only comment on this:
by 22'th of December, skills market will be screwed
GL all !

The skill prices may come down a bit, but the price of ESI's are going to go up if that's the case. In essence, since there will be so many skills to be sold, unless MA puts more ESI's in the loot pool, there's going to be a shortage of them. Since there will be a shortage of them, the price of buying skills will go back up.... it's all cyclical.

:( All over now... was great while it lasted!!!!!!

Thanks MA

Well, I think MA turned it off a little earlier since I had NO psyche gains this whole morning, and I went through 10000 ME.

Yesterday I got 1,5 points in psyche with 10K ME, today, not a single green line saying "Your psyche improved". Im a bit disappointed with that since I got stuck on 39.75 psyche :rolleyes:

Otherwise it was nice, just this psyche really pissed me off :laugh:
Oh, and loot???... heh, never had worse returns :)

TJ:bandit:

Yesterday I got 1,5 points in psyche with 10K ME, today, not a single green line saying "Your psyche improved".

If I understand right, the skill bonus didn't change the interval (how many times you got a specific increase), rather how much you got each time you got the "green line". So if you got no psyche increase, it wasn't because of 3x skill bonus being turned off,rather just "bad luck".

I wonder now whether we can have 3x the loot to make up for the terrible losses? I wont hold my breath for that though :laugh:

Thanks for a good idea and the chance to catch up skill wise with a few people :D

One of the best things ever MA,

would love to see this again maybe next Christmas?

hugs
Angel

I and the wife also had a fun time with the 3/1 skill event. Besides the fun part there is another issue this event has an impact on.

Other posters touched on it perhaps in this thread and certainly in others but I think the important part of the 3/1 skill event is that it helps even the field. Or you could say that in a small way it helps makes up for the skill nerfs that happened in the past.

Certainly these past couple weeks do not undo the skill nerf but these events, if held often enough could undo much of those nerfs and I think that is an important issue if EU wants to grow the playerbase.

Though it's true the top players are still gaining skills, I would guess it is at a very slow pace. Having more 3/1 skill events before MA adds additional high level content (if they ever do) would allow more players to participate in that content on equal footing.

EU draws gamers which I consider achiever players. It reminds me of the diablo series in some ways, which is a good thing. The bad part is that previous skill nerfs dampen the spirt of the achiever gamer because they know they can't achieve what others have on a fair footing, so they leave.

That is also the problem with events that continue to reward those who were here before the skill nerf(s) and this might need to be looked at if the player base is to grow. I am not saying there is anything wrong with rewarding established players or rewarding those who deposit or create economic activity but those rewards should not be disguised in playerwide events.

For EU to grow I have thought two main issues need to addressed and they are the cost and the past skill nerfs. With the additional (L) armors dropping like the jaguar set coupled with this 3/1 skill event I think MA is taking more steps in that direction and from this older gamer I commend them for these steps.

this was really nice thank you MA :)

I and the wife also had a fun time with the 3/1 skill event. Besides the fun part there is another issue this event has an impact on.

Other posters touched on it perhaps in this thread and certainly in others but I think the important part of the 3/1 skill event is that it helps even the field. Or you could say that in a small way it helps makes up for the skill nerfs that happened in the past.

Certainly these past couple weeks do not undo the skill nerf but these events, if held often enough could undo much of those nerfs and I think that is an important issue if EU wants to grow the playerbase.

Though it's true the top players are still gaining skills, I would guess it is at a very slow pace. Having more 3/1 skill events before MA adds additional high level content (if they ever do) would allow more players to participate in that content on equal footing.

EU draws gamers which I consider achiever players. It reminds me of the diablo series in some ways, which is a good thing. The bad part is that previous skill nerfs dampen the spirt of the achiever gamer because they know they can't achieve what others have on a fair footing, so they leave.

That is also the problem with events that continue to reward those who were here before the skill nerf(s) and this might need to be looked at if the player base is to grow. I am not saying there is anything wrong with rewarding established players or rewarding those who deposit or create economic activity but those rewards should not be disguised in playerwide events.

For EU to grow I have thought two main issues need to addressed and they are the cost and the past skill nerfs. With the additional (L) armors dropping like the jaguar set coupled with this 3/1 skill event I think MA is taking more steps in that direction and from this older gamer I commend them for these steps.

That is spot on, if we can't see an end to our journey we are more likely to give up....some items ingame right now require huge skills (L FAPS for example) that they will be beyond almost all of us for years to come. The 3x effect was a great leveler, and so was the variety of bot available for all levels...this is the first time I have seen an event where everyone can play and enjoy equaly. The silliness at Zycheon was defo an uber thing, that armour was always going to ubers in the end but the storyline and whole period around it was fun for all so we can't moan about a tiny part really.

Now...ORBS !

t

Thank you MA, I really got my skills up a lot during this time and of course MA got a lot of my money too since I made more deposits than usual, haha :) but good times !

Quick question to MA.

Can we have our old loot back now?? Since the 3x Skill is over I assume you would readjust the loot system to what it was before the event...
According to my hunts since the event finished the skills are back to normal but loot still is worse.

Not whining, just asking as it was obvious you will crank the loot to cover for 3x Skill....now only crank it back to what it was...

Thanks for the event, MA :)

Can we have it again for new year? :silly2:

Actually the 3x skill bonus was a smart business decision. More people buying more ammo, repairing more items, depoing more for skilling. MA made out on the skill bonus. It didn't really boost me up much but at least it was something..

made my own calculations.. ~18k skills increase.. from 110k to 128k
I can even forgive crappy loot for this boost

Not whining, just asking as it was obvious you will crank the loot to cover for 3x Skill....now only crank it back to what it was...

well I had better loot than usual ;)

Thanks for the event, MA :)

Can we have it again for new year? :silly2:

Marco said that we could maybe get it a few times a year, for weekends and such :silly2: new year could be good ;) lol

Actually the 3x skill bonus was a smart business decision. More people buying more ammo, repairing more items, depoing more for skilling. MA made out on the skill bonus. It didn't really boost me up much but at least it was something..

Yeah, the idea:
Players + extra skills = happy players

MindArk + getting more income during the period + happy players = happy MindArk

Thank you MA for the nice skillgain! It was really nice to see the skills move a bit.

Too bad my loot wasn't better than before and what's up with the skillgain now that the event is over? Did MA nerf it even more than before?

Back