[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

This years presents are:

Christmas Lantern
Christmas Reindeer
Angelic Wings

Wings Ftw ^^

yay, got all 3 :yay:

Gonna Pick them up this evening :xmas:

Yay all three of em :yay: merry xmas to all :)

loot sucks this year .
IF u don't have house or 10k u only get house decoring ( very usefull without a flat :rolleyes: )

Anyone know why the reindeer and lantern are only 0.01PED? Don't know TT of wings.

Anyone know why the reindeer and lantern are only 0.01PED? Don't know TT of wings.

The wings have a TT of 1Ped, the others probably only have 0.01 because that's all they need, as they are decorations..

loot sucks this year .
IF u don't have house or 10k u only get house decoring ( very usefull without a flat :rolleyes: )

I want it all....
I want it all....
I want it all....

And i WANT it now!!!!

(you gotta love queen songs)

EDIT: gifts look great, cannot wait to get them :)

omg this is gonna be awesome. When they brought those bat wings out I was wishing I had angel wings to go with my angel armor, now I have w00t!!!:yay:

Here are some pics of the Wings in action;

angelic.jpg

fight.jpg

Weheee they are so cute :yay:

Got them all :wtg:

Thx MA :yay:

damn the wings look awesome. Can someone who has got Angel plz post a picture so I can see what it looks like :)

Thank you Mindark!

Merry Christmas everyone!! :xmas:

loot sucks this year .

Its maddening to think no one goes through the logical process of tailoring the gift to the gift receiver.

OK whoever was in charge of gifts this time should maybe rethink the process.

The two most numerous gift is the ones the smallest percentage of EU players has a use for. (Property Owners)

Does anyone else think that is a bit backwards?

MA could you have made the most numerous gift a hat or a pair of festive glasses or other piece of clothing?

Geesh :mad:

Dex :cool:

Its maddening to think no one goes through the logical process of tailoring the gift to the gift receiver.

OK whoever was in charge of gifts this time should maybe rethink the process.

The two most numerous gift is the ones the smallest percentage of EU players has a use for. (Property Owners)

Does anyone else think that is a bit backwards?

MA could you have made the most numerous gift a hat or a pair of festive glasses or other piece of clothing?

Geesh :mad:

A) They were free gifts.

B) They are probably trying to encourage increased property ownership - more rent either going to the loot or to Mindark.

Would be cool if we could equip the lantern...

But whining about free stuff seems a bit silly. :)

Yeah, also wish the lantern was equipable.. could be useful when CE2 and daylight cycles arrive :)

A) They were free gifts.

B) They are probably trying to encourage increased property ownership - more rent either going to the loot or to Mindark.

Free Gifts OK...

Someone took time to create them...

I don't know about anyone else but a reindeer and a lantern are just about the last reasons I would buy property.

Anyhow someone took time to create them which means they would have to be coded in.

In my Real Life company if I had people that took time to make gifts to give to my customers that they have no real use for I would explain that this time we call it a mistake, the next time we call it your last project you did while working here.

I've been in business now for over 30 Years, customers notice such things. Its one of those cumulative little things that add up and over time and people get fed-up and move on to a new company/service provider because the company overlooks the obvious.

Just as much coding time would have been used to make a hat every player could use. Logically there is no reason for the most numerous gift to be something most will Never use.

Is there even enough property available ingame for Every player to have a place to display a decoration?

Didn't think so.

I don't know about anyone else but a reindeer and a lantern are just about the last reasons I would buy property.

Would this give you a reason? ;)

I know what you are saying, my first Xmas gift in Dec 06 was a garland which I had no use for, so I sold it.

Free Gifts OK...

Someone took time to create them...

Anyhow someone took time to create them which means they would have to be coded in.

In my Real Life company if I had people that took time to make gifts to give to my customers that they have no real use for I would explain that this time we call it a mistake, the next time we call it your last project you did while working here.

I've been in business now for over 30 Years, customers notice such things. Its one of those cumulative little things that add up and over time and people get fed-up and move on to a new company/service provider because the company overlooks the obvious.

Just as much coding time would have been used to make a hat every player could use. Logically there is no reason for the most numerous gift to be something most will Never use.

Is there even enough property available ingame for Every player to have a place to display a decoration?

Didn't think so.

If im not mistaken (i might be ...:rolleyes: anyway ....) - as you said yourself, the gifts are free. And no, maybe not everyone can use the lanterne or the raindeer - but if they deposit :D they get wings ;) Also, its still FREE and they are being sold with a markup which means, everyone is actually getting something with a value. Maybe the people who gets raindeers and lanterns can sell them and buy themselves wings??

Dunno - it's x-mass - what happened to thankfullness, humbleness and love&hug your nextness??

Anyway THANK YOU MINDARK :yay:

I think the gifts are CUTE and AWESOME and I LOVE the wings. First time in my EU life I can honestly say, I'm wearing some Angel :ahh:

Kinda comical, that i am more psyched about some ingame christmas gifts, than irl ones...

wee mom! ya made some socks for me!....again!..., gee, bro! i alaways needed this deodorant!, which seems to smell like sweat! :silly2:, here have this box of almost expired date chockolates...

On the other hand, you almost every time get christmas decorations as ingame prezzies, which would not work in real world very well... :dunno:

But getting socks&deodorant&semi old chockolates would not work ingame very well...

In conclusion...i could come to the conclusion, that there is no conclusion...just rambles... :dunno:

I know what you are saying, my first Xmas gift in Dec 06 was a garland which I had no use for, so I sold it.

Oh eventually I will own property. I just look at such things like Holiday gifts in this game through the eyes of a business owner.

It took X number of man hours to make the reindeer and lantern and code them into this game. 90% of the people who receive them have no use for them.

The same X number of man hours could have been spent on something the customer could have used. Take a survey of the players about which they would want a gift they could wear and use or a gift that to be used they would have to own property. We all know the answer.

So why would MA go the other way?

Either not paying attention or just don't care or I suppose it could be a backhanded attempt to get people to buy property. But if it is the latter someone needs to explain the concept of Successful Marketing to whoever is in charge of such promotions.

Wel umm not really ... I guess there won't be 10 appartments looking like that unless they decide to make hunting/crafting/mining totally free :laugh:

Not bad gifts, I guess due to the economic setbacks MA needs to cutback on company expenses, hence the 0.01 values. So assumably they create value themselves and even drawback RL currency from taxes? LMAO. I guess my xmas wished refund won't be in it this year neither. :rolleyes:

If im not mistaken (i might be ...:rolleyes: anyway ....) - as you said yourself, the gifts are free. And no, maybe not everyone can use the lanterne or the raindeer - but if they deposit :D they get wings ;) Also, its still FREE and they are being sold with a markup which means, everyone is actually getting something with a value. Maybe the people who gets raindeers and lanterns can sell them and buy themselves wings??

I think you will find that depositing does not guarantee the wings.

Yep its Free...

Question: How much effort would it have been to make a hat? Its still could have been free right?

So when considering all factors why not give a Free gift people could actually use?

Same effort better results.

Yep its Free...

Question: How much effort would it have been to make a hat? Its still could have been free right?

So when considering all factors why not give a Free gift people could actually use?

hats have been done already and unless i'm mistaken they dont give out the same gift twice :)

hats have been done already and unless i'm mistaken they dont give out the same gift twice :)

They could make a different hat right? Or shirt etc.

If I understand correctly they have already given out deocorations before so apprently its Ok to have the same TYPE of gift. ;)

Yep its Free...

They already made hats .. last year - and mittens - and they made the hat at the celebrating day thingie - and everyone got one - and they made wings and masks, little horns etc. - they are trying to make NEW stuff all the time - and they are being very creative. They pay people to find new stuff, create it, draw it, make sure everyone gets it etc. Some people will just always complain, even when they get free stuff!

Back