Prowler
Society
The British Empire
Xandra "MadMaiden" Xandottir
Hi,

Nice article on VirtualWorldNews!

Some interesting facts:
  • MA is aiming now for Q2 2009 as release date for CE2
  • they think just CK, the Chinese Govt. and 1 unnamed Partner will be starting with the release of CE2, others will come later
  • there are at least 7-8 other companys in talks

Seems the article is based upon an interview with David Simmons.

I'd like to give credit to the place where I found this news, but they're discussing "computer games, virtual worlds or MMORPGs other than Entropia Universe" too in that hive of virtual minds, and this is "NOT permitted" (§ 3.7) here, sorry.

Have fun!

Nice find :)
+rep

oh, I see...

so it's like, next news will be given to us that it'll be in Q3 and so on? :scratch2:

J.

Nice to read some info on this.

2 more quarters without real content addition it seems, I hope MA puts in some events to get me going and bridging the gap.

Atami

Limbo continues...

you kidding me.. no ce2 till the 2nd Q.... :mad:

jumps into time gets to 3rd Q and still no Ce2
ce3 willl be out before ce2 gets implemented

I dont think the recession has hit EU due too all the3x skill gain and the robot event, infact i bet its their best profited month yet.

you kidding me.. no ce2 till the 2nd Q.... :mad:

jumps into time gets to 3rd Q and still no Ce2
ce3 willl be out before ce2 gets implemented

I dont think the recession has hit EU due too all the3x skill gain and the robot event, infact i bet its their best profited month yet.

Will be 2010 as we all expected at this rate... :rolleyes: ah well its not like we arn't used to this sorta thing. :laugh:

Wistrel

I'm not as surpriced as i am dissapointed.

good. stupid krona is falling even more then the dollar, so the graphics card I planned to buy around now got more expensive instead of cheaper :laugh:

maybe it will be back down to next christmas, when we actually might get this CE2 thing :)

Whee 1 year overdue...

Don't make it more MA.....

Quote from the Next Island letter what I received recently:
Thanks - look for the LAUNCH of NEXT ISLAND - in May 2009.

OK, now I am confused. Who will start and when and how? :scratch2:

Hmm feels like MA and EU is in for some ruff times, i think the train has already left for EU to be THE game.

Last edited:
Please keep in mind end q1 or start q2 is very close..

May is mid Q2. and NI wont be the first to launch a planet im quite sure of that.
So even if they dont make march who says they wont make it april or may..

Keep a positive vibe up!

Quote from the Next Island letter what I received recently:
Thanks - look for the LAUNCH of NEXT ISLAND - in May 2009.

OK, now I am confused. Who will start and when and how? :scratch2:

May is in Q2. this news means anything from 1st April to 30th June is the schedule.

Nice Find thanks ;)

With all the conversions needed of current systems, assets, hooks, remoddeling, AI, etc. etc. my estimate, being fairly knowledgeable in game making, modelling and programming, will be....

Q1/Q2 2010 :)

With all the conversions needed of current systems, assets, hooks, remoddeling, AI, etc. etc. my estimate, being fairly knowledgeable in game making, modelling and programming, will be....

Q1/Q2 2010 :)

man, and I thought I was being conservative already by estimating Q4 2009... guess I'm still optimistic compared to you.

At the same time, if you expect a workable system where all the prio 1 and 2 bugs are resolved, it's probably going to be Q1 2010 so you may be right after all.

Maybe if you join the MA development team as :whip: consultant and I can :smash: the QA team a stable release will be faster?

/slupor

My only concern with all these slippages (understandable) is that CryTropia will still support XP.

As long as it does, they can take as long as it takes them.

To be fair Marco may have mentioned this - possibly mentioned this - in the big interview where he answered all those questions that were posed to him.

Now if we can just get the interview posted for all of us mere calypsians by Q2 2009 we will know for sure.

ahhhhhh the interview
ahhhhhh the cash card
ahhhhhh the egg
ahhhhhh CE2

:laugh:

Hmm feels like MA and EU is in for some ruff times, i think the train has already left for EU to bee THE game.

I 2nd that. was looking forward too showing of to my so called wow friend about having the best mmo out there, wont be by the time it comes..

Is anyone really shocked?

Is anyone really shocked?
nope

Has a good side too: longer time until i have to upgrade my PC -> cheaper ;)

Last edited:
guess I'm still optimistic compared to you.

Oh but I was being optimistic also, it's a huge mouthfull MA has taken and they only just started chewing on it, gonna take a long time to swallow.

Look at all the things needing changed, just the items, entropedia counting 4700 items, will take a long time...

15 mins to convert the model to a CE2 asset
15 mins to set the stats
30 mins error checking, cross referencing, seeing all is at it should be.

That's atleast one work hour per item, enough to secure the job of a dev for 1.5 years.

And that's just the items, which are essential or ppl would freak out.

Then comes all the other stuff like static models, houses, benches, trees, and worse, the textures, there are still 256x256 textures ingame, lol, maybe even 128x128, which are useless by todays standards, so you will see MA jump the fence many times, by simply adding new models, discarding the old ones.

Rewritting/expanding many parts of the CE2 code to fit the entropia system I will not even guess on, huge work.

And many many other things taking tremendous amounts of work hours.

Just the part of satisfying the old players by making parts of the new Entropia look like the old ads atleast another 6 months of work, time worth spend imo as they need to keep the old players happy.

All guesswork, but hat's off to MA for even starting the project, I will be thrilled just seeing it working, I dont care when it comes.

15 mins to convert the model to a CE2 asset
15 mins to set the stats
30 mins error checking, cross referencing, seeing all is at it should be.

30 mins total then - they tend to skip that final step :)

Patience

Well, I might just be able to complete my system update before CE2. I'm not really looking forward to trying to run it on my already marginal system, and my upgrade plans are behind schedule too. :D

Better for MA to get it right late than wrong early. Getting it wrong late is what would be disappointing. (And it will be the mother of all bug fests for a little while regardless.)

As for worries about no new content or storyline development, I only point to the Robot Wars with new mobs, the dual-track breakaway story (FPC from EU and Calypso from Imperial Government), the new uber armor drops, new robot technology, etc. Seems to me they are doing quite a number of things to reinvigorate the game-side of FPC in a lead up to the introductions of CE2.

MA stated that the back end systems work for CE2 is essentially done, and we are already seeing the some of the benefits of this. After the initial invasion, the war zones have been quite playable (lagwise) even with the massive mob spawns and lots of avatars on hand to fight back. Based on comments from Marco and Justin, the 3x bonus period and the robot event spawns zones seem to make use of some new tools. They have been using this event to experiment with some of their new capabilities for game management, and the results on the whole have been quite good so far.

All of these updates we have been getting with "nothing" in them are actually the meat of the CE2 upgrade, some active, some dormant, as the transition continues. The actual switch to the new client will be the last step in the process, the one in which Crytopia is finally revealed, but that does not mean the change is not already well underway.

Patience.

:beerchug:

Miles

Last edited:
nope

Has a good side too: longer time until i have to upgrade my PC -> cheaper ;)

Heheheee sad to say, but my thoughts exactly, i dont need "fancy" pc for anything else but the future crytropia....

But i understand that too much delay cant be good...Still may 2009 is upon us really fast...:eek:

All guesswork, but hat's off to MA for even starting the project, I will be thrilled just seeing it working, I dont care when it comes.

Yeah, I don't care either ;) and +rep

Axel

Back