Merry Mayhem 2008

So, we could do 3 x 12 hour sessions? But have to have a break of at least 12 hours in between them.

What about 11 and half hour sessions? Do we have to wait 11.5 hours between them?

Yes, otherwise you will exceed the limit of 12hrs/day max.

And 6 hour sessions? What about hunting for 6 hours, having a break for 3 hours, then playing another 6 hours, thereby having 12 hours in a day, will we have to wait 12 hours till the next log in?
In this case, one would only have to wait max 6 hours after the last hunt, but should not hunt for more than 6hrs (if still using the same 24hrs period), otherwise the time limit would be exceeded.

hmm... it's kinda tricky with the 24hrs period ... so better be careful...

Last edited:
if i had the money i would chip to level 69.99999999999999, buy a mod merc, a204 and just exterminate those feffs and argos...

The problem is that some of those who are at level 69.9 do have uber gear, probably not many, but some, and they'll win. simple as that. as long as what determines the winner is the amount of mobs one killes the competitions is fixed. Maybe, just maybe, if there wasnt a time limit, or if the time limit was so long that it would be doubt full that anyone would spend it all, it could be that if one made a sacrifice and played 24/7, one could win.
further more there is the question of money. I have already deposited $200 this month and cannot affort to deposit anymore before after christmas, but will of course be too late.

The conclusion is that the winners in the medium, and probably also in the low, category is, more or less, already known, if not by us, then by MA.

Best I can do at this point, is adapted monty, which is a very good gun, but not even close to being as good as those guns people at level 69.9 can use. (I'm level 31 by the way)

So, only one question remains...
Why am I so damn excited about this event when I already know that I cannot affort it and wouldnt have a chance in hell to win?

Hmmm, i am in 70+ category

I have no Mod Merc or IMKII and no Mod FAP

No need for me to compete then.

1st 2nd and 3rd place in the 70+ category will go to people with
250+ HP that own a mod merc/iMKII and mod FAP

GL to thos that compete. I will just continue normal skilling.

Cheers
Siam

Sounds fun. I'll shoot a few things here and there but definitely not in for the win :cool:

The prize ceremony for PoE and Merry Mayhem hunting conflict with eachother. How's that going to work?

i can relieve you of your problem just give the PoE prize to me i'll trade it in ceremony - i wouldn't need to compete in new evet that way - plus u can compete again and win again :)

Cheers
Siam

ImkII is no use for this event. Its an eco-gun, its not huge dps. Amped foerippers and stuff are probably better than mod merc anyway, but if you were so inclined, HL20+106 is very comparable to MM+106.

And, will mod fap users lose time doing their own fapping, or will they elect to use fapper(s)?

Cheers
Siam

Doubt that IMKII has a chance of getting in or close to top10...

Looks good apart from the dates, which I think make it impossible for me to take part. Like last year, asking people to hunt hardcore for 6 hours a day over the Christmas/New Year period is pretty silly.

Looks good apart from the dates, which I think make it impossible for me to take part. Like last year, asking people to hunt hardcore for 6 hours a day over the Christmas/New Year period is pretty silly.
nope, this is not pretty silly. It depends on your IRL situation. If you are alone, no GF, no friends, no family...you can do this smothly (like me) so...I dont understand you :laugh:
unfortunatelly I am n00b so :D

Rules
During the 6 day event period, a participant may only compete for a total of 36 hours, with a maximum of 12 hours per 24 hour period beginning on December 26th at 18:00 UTC. If you decide to use this 12 hour option at any point, it must be followed directly by 12 hours of rest i.e. no logged-in time.

Awesome Event!

Don't know if this has been mentioned but, I would assume that most people wouldn't get exactly 12hours for their day max because it would be way too risky to accidentally be 1 second over and disqualified.

Does this mean that if you log 11 hours and 59 minutes that you do not need to have 12 hours of rest?

Some clarification is necessary or else this rule probably has no effect? :scratch2:

Does this mean...we can only play 36hrs. in 6 days? and if we go over we are dq'd?

Awesome Event!

Don't know if this has been mentioned but, I would assume that most people wouldn't get exactly 12hours for their day max because it would be way too risky to accidentally be 1 second over and disqualified.

Does this mean that if you log 11 hours and 59 minutes that you do not need to have 12 hours of rest?

Some clarification is necessary or else this rule probably has no effect? :scratch2:
I understand this that way:
event start 18:00 UTC so 24h clock starts here
you can spend max 12hours ingame during 28.12.2008 18:00 - 29.12.2008 18:00
max 12 hours ingame during 29.12.2008 18:00 - 30.12.2008 18:00
etc
if you spend 11 hours and clock says 18:00 29.12.2008, you missed your chance, you lost 1 hour, you can use it in next twenty-four hours but total ingame time cant pass 12hours per 24h

Sorry Oleg got to disagree man.

Nobody is being "asked" to do anything. As with everything in EU you can choose to participate or not. ;)

Depends on your priorities and/or as mentioned above your situation. Myself shouldn't be a problem, but if it creates a conflict...RL wins out...so be it. :)

GL

Does this mean...we can only play 36hrs. in 6 days? and if we go over we are dq'd?

yes ... i thought that was quite clear

36 hours max and if u play 11hours 59 mins then u need a 12 hours break before logging in again

Clearly the event is intended to get people to play during a period when there is the potential for MA's revenue to drop drastically due to people spending time with friends & family instead.

The Good:

- much more flexible times you can put in your hours

- division by skill levels, more prizes

- not over Christmas

- increased spawns

The Bad:

- one year later, still no timer and no leader board (perhaps they don't want a leader board though)

- no way to start/stop event time so you can do other things at your leisure, like reduce weight, sell stuff so you can continue hunting, actually speak to your soc m8's, etc.

- the middle level is a bit large; the lower part of it has very little chance

After last year, it will be hard to convince me to join such an event, especially when the time is not displayed, the points are not displayed, your position is not known, winners maximum points are not known and so on.
On the other hand, MA forces us to trust them that people that win respected the rules, since they never put the logs with log in/log out times, and I have reasons to believe that last time, not all winners respected the time limit.
I will not participate in this event whatever MA will do, because of those reasons. But is a good thing they try to make such events. If they will make transparent rules and prove the fact that the rules are respected, I will consider joining other events.
I hate it when I am supposed to trust and have no way of checking if I am not cheated. I feel cheated even if I am not.

lol
I love the tags on this thread.

Wow... It looks like, at first review, FPC have really listened to the player base and made an event that is...

A) Good for all player levels
B) Well thought through and explained
C) Worth having a go at

However, as others have pointed out before me, the mid level group should be split into two groups.

Also i think that drones should be added as an option with the Argo & Feff.

I gave + Rep to FPC for this...:D

It's a shame I am PEDless and do not have depo funds ATM...:(

looks like i have to chip down to lvl 70 before this starts...

Think it's super that we will have an event now where ubers are challenged at least a bit, and compeeting with other ubers instead of low-mid lvl players...

Thou I think the mid lvl should have been smaller, maybe have made it 0-30, 30-50 50-75 75-??

But MA has deffently improved, and posibly next year they will have it spot on :)

Timer and placement would be nice, at least the timer and ones own points and top3 - But believe MA wants ppl to believe for as long as posible that they have a chance... Not sure if I will take part in this event, depends on a few things that I need to work out first :)

mm I will join this. sounds like good fun and gives me something to do while gf work during the holidays :D

Sorry Oleg got to disagree man.

Nobody is being "asked" to do anything. As with everything in EU you can choose to participate or not. ;)

Depends on your priorities and/or as mentioned above your situation. Myself shouldn't be a problem, but if it creates a conflict...RL wins out...so be it. :)

GL

That's exactly my point. For 50 weeks in the year I can make a choice whether or not to participate. During this time, I cannot participate, regardless of whether I want to.

Thanks for all suggestions and feedback. We at FPC are looking but not commenting the thread all out the weekend, because we don't want to steer or "taint" your feedback.

I can just say that your feedback will be noted and a new draft that will be a response to several remark will be posted next week.

For 50 weeks in the year I can make a choice whether or not to participate. During this time, I cannot participate, regardless of whether I want to.

but alot of (most?) people can chose what to do over that week (after christmas day, and bear in mind boxing day is a UK thing) as they are on an imposed holiday, while normally they have only the weekends or a couple of hours in the evening.

That's exactly my point. For 50 weeks in the year I can make a choice whether or not to participate. During this time, I cannot participate, regardless of whether I want to.

I do understand your point Oleg, but tbh, if FPC wanted to make an event that would agree with all EU players schedules there would never be any events. As I recall there were people that missed all or some of the robot war due to RL commitments. Such is life sometimes.

Sorry you won't be able to compete. And I do hope you have a good holiday man. Peace. :)

Just came to think of something... The PoE thing... Since that's on the 28th, how many wanna spend time out of their allowed 36 hours to recieve the armor during event time... Think MA should allow for 2 30 minute timeouts during a day, timeout could then be canceled the very second a weapon was used in any way...

Ofc I know all the PoE winners would take the time out to recieve the armors, but still think it's a semi-bad thing... This could easy take 2-3% of the time allowed during the event, and I believe 2-3% would be more than enough to make a huge difference...

Just came to think of something... The PoE thing... Since that's on the 28th, how many wanna spend time out of their allowed 36 hours to recieve the armor during event time... Think MA should allow for 2 30 minute timeouts during a day, timeout could then be canceled the very second a weapon was used in any way...

Ofc I know all the PoE winners would take the time out to recieve the armors, but still think it's a semi-bad thing... This could easy take 2-3% of the time allowed during the event, and I believe 2-3% would be more than enough to make a huge difference...

but isnt it a 6 day event? best 36 hours wins?

Back