What you eat on Xmas night and day, with pictures.

OgiMini

Elite
Society
Soldiers of Fortune
Ogi OgiMini Mini
So lets us se what we eat on these xmas season.

Place pics and some backround info, story or tradition.

and Bon Apetit!

Don't have any pics but meatballs, sausage, ham, herring, etc is probably the most common, at least in sweden ;)

Pate on Toast , soup maybe

then the main course

Turkey, roast potatoes , brussel sprouts, swede, mash, yorkshire puddings, carrots gravy, little cocktail sausages wrapped in bacon, stuffing.

and for desert

Christmas pudding flambe'd in Brandy!

finish with

Cheese n biscuits, coffee

Sleep on sofa.

Wake up, play Singstar and get drunk! Flick peanuts at people still sleeping on sofa!

Jamhot

We`ll be having a turkey, an old family recipe of stuffed pasta kind of like lasagna but with mini meatballs my mother will make. Various veggie side dishes, potatoes of some sort and of course desserts. And I`ll fry up some calamari as a nod to the traditional Italian seafood orientated holiday meal. Don`t forget some wine and beer! Maybe I can scrape up some pics but I`ll have to wait until it`s all made.

I make a breakfast souffle for the family and everyone meets at my parents house for gift unwrapping.

For lunch/dinner the smoked turkey and smoked salmon come out of the smoker and fresh on to the serving table. Then some stuffing and other stuff but that doesn't get eaten as fast.

Threads like this, which have nothing to do with Entropia Universe, belong in the Off Topic forum, thanks.

Ty 711)

Now the goodies:

In portugal the tradition says "CODFISH" no table is allowed to be standing with no boiled codfish with plenty of vegies and egss ann loooootttttttts of olive oil with maybe some garlic:9 nhma nham

theres may way to make it.

Also another dish is a must is boiled octupus with patatoes, again alot of olive oil

We use also some meat like turkey, but in my opinion its not tradition, its imported menus:)

Also we have a curiuos dish that was "invented" to use the leftovers from codfish from the xmas night its names is very original, its "old cloths". And it my number 1 dish, its had achieve so much popularity that now its made on pourpose and not to use the leftovers.

A agree that its looks isnt the best but the taste is:))))

On the xmas day some alsos use rosted meat or lamb. i prefer old cloth:)

them teh sweets

rabanadas
burned cream
filhoses
aletria
etc

just some examples:)

Im so hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mate a kebab will do me just fine, or chunks of lamb marinated in spices and yogurt over night and then cooked on a gril or in a clay oven, unload em in a big ass nan throw over some shreaded salad with some home made chutney or chilli sauce and bang fanny's yer uncle bobs yer aunt.

Or if not the above a big chunky salmon steak again marinated with lemon juice and spices cooked gently on a george forman gril served with salad.

Last but not least to accompany the both above an ice cold glass of pepsi.

Good Day and merry christmas

if no pics u al eat xmas macdonalds!

Generally in England (as you can see from Jamhot's post also) the Christmas day meal is a roast dinner (turkey, yorkshire puddings, pigs in blankets (for those who don't know this is a sausage wrapped in bacon), roast potatoes, stuffing, carrots, beans, sprouts, gravy etc

and then a christmas pudding DRENCHED in brandy which is set on fire before eating.:cool:

Then some mulled wine with cheese/biscuits etc

This has just been tradition in my family (and I believe many others) for generations and then boxing day is the day for BEER! Oh and pantomimes of course! Ah christmas fun! Cant beat it.

I dont know how many other countries have this but it is certainly popular in England.

Interesting to hear about eating traditions in other countries;)

Melon

Last edited:
Fun!

I'll get pics up after my gf and I get back from Seattle day after Christmas.

Roast duck, sugar-glazed mini-potatoes, red cabbage, sauce ofcourse.

No "flæskesteg" (pork roast) this year :( only danes eat it as far as I know, though I heard some Norwegians may eat it also, it's a roast made from pork, also with the traditional other stuff like with the duck, many eat both christmas eve, some pics here.

woot for ice cold pepsi only soda to be served at this household

well here is a pic of the gramps pulling a previous years salmon out of the smoker. :wtg:

cant find any pics of the turkey coming out of the smoker lol

well here is a pic of the gramps pulling a previous years salmon out of the smoker. :wtg:

cant find any pics of the turkey coming out of the smoker lol
Mmmmmm damn that looks good! But how is big is your family man for all that Salmon!?! :D

Jamhot

Daytime it'll be the traditional English christmas dinner - turkey, stuffing, potatoes, spouts. I can't drink because I'm the designated driver.

On the night I doubt I'll have room to eat. I can image I'll have an urge to go for a very long walk and to fart alot though.

Back