Merry Mayhem 2008

Status
Yeah i know, and that was one of the reasons i and others did not take part last year. Although this time they have stated "MindArk will monitor the competition closely to ensure a fair event for all participants.
"

So if its not cheating, is it fair to have several other players supporting one player to half kill mobs and farm them?

It is not cheating, it is just be better.

Therefore having its assistance team is allowed:
- Someone to heal you.
- Someone to bring you ammo regularly, and to repair armor, weapon, amp.
- Several people to attract (and prepare?) mobs.
- Several people to keep other hunters away / KS.

Let the show start! :D

Shall I chip down to 49 or not is the question I guess:)

ituma suck imo hehe

Considering the amount of ppl that may be doing this it might at least be a boost for the poor ESI prices atm anyway? hehe

nice event for the hunters in this game. But i still waiting for a good mining event for miners.

MA don´t think every one is hunters.

2 hunting event in same month, common
Maybe its because there are 5-10 times more hunters ?
Mining event would be even more difficult.
How should one do it ?

Besides, we already got our presents from MA for free :D
Anything more is a bonus ( and raises the quarterly turnover quite massive)

Considering the amount of ppl that may be doing this it might at least be a boost for the poor ESI prices atm anyway? hehe

Only problem then is I wont have enough L guns to hunt 6x 6 hours :(

Noway I can find 10 fulll TT hl 15´s and 40xr90´s not to mention id have to depo a months wages to able to cycle though enough without havin to stop inbtween.

.. :D

I still cannot understand the MA logic on:
- Duration is 5 days (5 x 24h), on 6 days (different dates). MA wants 6 sessions of 6 hours, so I guess one per date. It means we can't choose session for first day, we MUST hunt on 26/12 from 18:00 to 00:00 UTC. Why not proposing 5 free periods in the range 18:00 - 18:00? :scratch2:

The days you hunt don't matter, don't worry about it starting @ 18:00, you don't have to start at that time.

The event days are:

26 18:00 - 27 18:00
27 18:00 - 28 18:00
28 18:00 - 29 18:00
29 18:00 - 30 18:00
30 18:00 - 31 18:00

You can only be logged on for a maximum of 12 hours per 24 hour period, those 24 hour periods are up to you, they don't have to match the "event days"

eg.
if you started at 26/12 18:00 and were logged on for 12 hours, then you couldn't log in again until 27/12 18:01 (I say 18:01 just to make sure you don't overlap), then you could repeat this another 2 times. Then, you couldn't log in again until 18:01 on the 31st.

On the other hand if you were unable to compete right at the begining, the the last time you could start, but still get your 36 hours is :
28/12 06:00
your session times would be
29/12 06:00 - 18:00
30/12 06:00 - 18:00
31/12 06:00 - 18:00

I guess most people will do a combination of long and short periods online.

Whatever you decide to do, don't be logged on for more than 12 hours during any 24 hour period, and remember this 24 hour period doesn't reset at 00:00 MA time, it's a rolling 24 hour period.

just did a little calculation for mid-lvl (class 2)

say if u hunt with lp485 apis and u hunt for 36 hours, at 15 (13+2, i use cause amp) ammo/shot, 53attacks/minute:

36*15*53*60= 17.172 ped in ammo ONLY. PER PARTICIPANT (and i dont consider that to be hardcore)
lets say 50-100 people do this, thats 86.000-172000 $ burned in ammo only, not counting any decay :D

Merry Mayhem indeed Marco ;)

Uhm... wonder if I can live without more than 6 hrs online a day... My GF surely will be seeing me a lot more then... and she loves U MA

what actually bug me is itumatrox maturity are gonna be kind of high i guess(since many LA) and a itumatrox dominant is harder than a araneatrox young.

Also, itumatrox are hell damn hard to pull!!! :mad: freaking buncing dodging aliens!! :D

also a important issue has not been solved yet ;

WHERE IS OUR SCOREBOARD!

Last edited:
Maybe its because there are 5-10 times more hunters ?
Mining event would be even more difficult.
How should one do it ?

Besides, we already got our presents from MA for free :D
Anything more is a bonus ( and raises the quarterly turnover quite massive)

* I dont think that 5-10 times more miners in EU
* There is alot of things:
- Mining for some "lost" DNA parts, like hogglo chest
- Mining for "super" rare ores/enmatter, then you can exchange them for stuff, like miningamps
- Biggest deposit
- Most dropped bombs
and so on

There is no thing like free dinners... but very fun if you are a hunter.

- Mining for "super" rare ores/enmatter, then you can exchange them for stuff, like miningamps
- Biggest deposit
- Most dropped bombs
and so on

find Tridenite and I will reward you with glory and bounch of females :p

Honestly, its very hard to make mining event...think about it.

Last edited:
Sooooo tempting.... :eek:
3x skill event broke me up already, but this is too good to pass i think.

Euhm, who's the crybaby now? :scratch2:

Yeah, sure call me one, but I spent the last 2 days NOT leveling intentionally as the prior announcement had one set of rules. Doesn't matter, though, if I decide to participate now I'll still outscore you

I doubt there will be a scoreboard since a lot of people will stop taking part when they see how badly they are doing compared to others.

find Tridenite and I will reward you will glory and bounch of females :p

Honestly, its very hard to make mining event...think about it.

Nice and its not hard to make mining events. I dont see whats so hard about that.

I doubt there will be a scoreboard since a lot of people will stop taking part when they see how badly they are doing compared to others.

Is MA THAT GREEDY?

also, seriously, that wont stop ppl from hunting, infact they might hunt more than 36horus, just less organised and less hardcore...

Anyway its good for MA....

so...

WHERE IS OUR SCOREBOARD

- Biggest deposit
- Most dropped bombs
and so on

Simply check the tracker, there are at least 5 times more individual avas getting hunting globals mining globals. Quite a few of those are surely also mining.

As for the list ...right...so you would shaft the lesser skilled with your event ?

ok what happened to the prizes being fairly even?

All I have to really say is that I was going to participate until MA changed the prize structure to be so 1 sided and chinsy that it's not even worth it!

I took the time to lay out just how unfair the prize distribution is. Personally I don't think it's at all fair that players with a lower level can only hope to win a prize with a max value of 8,660 peds while players with a higher level can win prizes with a value of over 150,000 peds! Especially since the cost associated with participating is about the same!

*Here's the breakdown (excluding mayhem harness):

Catagory 1 - Cornundacauda's

COSTS - using korss 400(L)

Mob: Corn Stalker
Kill Time: about 20 seconds
Cost: (excluding fap): about 1.80 peds
Max Cost For 1st: 11,664 peds (killing non-stop for 36 hours)

PRIZES
1st = Boar Set (Value: 8,660 Ped Male / 5,568 Ped Female)
2nd = Bear Set (Value: 5,622 Ped Male / 2508 Ped Female)
3rd = Nemesis Set (Value: 3,005 Ped Male / 1,930 Ped Female)

Catagory 2
- Feffoids

Mob: Feff Clan Warlord
Kill Time: about 64 seconds
Cost: (excluding fap): about 5.54 peds
Max Cost For 1st: 11,218 peds (killing non-stop for 36 hours)

PRIZES
1st = Tiger Set (Value: 37,073 Ped Male / 27,123 Ped Female)
2nd = Boar Set (Value: 8,660 Ped Male / 5,568 Ped Female)
3rd = Bear Set (Value: 5,622 Ped Male / 2,508 Ped Female)

Catagory 3 - Itumatrox

Mob: Itum Stalker
Kill Time: about 44 seconds
Cost: (excluding fap): about 4.28 peds
Max Cost For 1st: 12,577 peds (killing non-stop for 36 hours)

PRIZES
1st = Land Area (Value: At least 150,000 Peds)
2nd = Angel Set (Value: 73,413 Ped Male / 58,463 Ped Female)
3rd = Jag Set (Value: 34,886 Ped Male / 22,571 Ped Female)

Catagory 4 - Aranatrox

Mob: Aran Stalker
Kill Time: about 195 seconds
Cost: (excluding fap): about 16.87 peds
Max Cost For 1st: 11,212 peds (killing non-stop for 36 hours)

PRIZES
2nd = Land Area (Value: At least 150,000 Peds)
3rd = Shadow Set (Value: 84,065 Ped Male / 47,561 Ped Female)

* Figures for the itumatrox and aranatrox are speculations based off the figures located at entropiawiki.com and based off the figures for killing similar mobs.

Thou it's something for another thread - Mining event wouldn't really be that hard...

Pretty simple way would be:

Skill lvl not importent, since all sizes of ores can be found at all lvls.

Most claim points during same period as Mayhem - 36hours max.

claim size: 1 gives 1 point
claim size: 2 gives 2 point
claim size: 3 gives 3 point
Etc. etc.

Different strategies could still come into play... Should one amp up, go unamped, mine planet side or CND etc...

Up to ppl themself if they wanna pull the claim, or take the losses and let the claim stand...

Prizes wouldn't be that hard either... LAs can be used by anyone... UL oreamps/enmatter amps is something every miner dreams about - Mod excavator, Imp excavator, adj excavator etc...

But back to the Mayhem - I'm happy about the changes, more fair now... ANd to the person at lvl 25 who whined about being in a harder category due to "cry babies" somewhere... stfu, is it more fair that a lvl 26 should compete against a lvl 70 than you as a lvl 25 should stand against a lvl 49 :s Chip down if it's a problem or do not take part :)

(Disclaimer: Don't remember if it was in this thread or another one he was complaining hehe)

ok what happened to the prizes being fairly even?

All I have to really say is that I was going to participate until MA changed the prize structure to be so 1 sided and chinsy that it's not even worth it!

I took the time to lay out just how unfair the prize distribution is. Personally I don't think it's at all fair that players with a lower level can only hope to win a prize with a max value of 8,660 peds while players with a higher level can win prizes with a value of over 150,000 peds! Especially since the cost associated with participating is about the same!

*Here's the breakdown (excluding mayhem harness):

Catagory 1 - Cornundacauda's

Mob: Corn Stalker
Kill Time: about 20 seconds
Cost: (excluding fap): about 1.80 peds
Max Cost For 1st: 11,664 peds (killing non-stop for 36 hours)

PRIZES
1st = Boar Set (Value: 8,660 Ped Male / 5,568 Ped Female)
2nd = Bear Set (Value: 5,622 Ped Male / 2508 Ped Female)
3rd = Nemesis Set (Value: 3,005 Ped Male / 1,930 Ped Female)

Catagory 2
- Feffoids

Mob: Feff Clan Warlord
Kill Time: about 64 seconds
Cost: (excluding fap): about 5.54 peds
Max Cost For 1st: 11,218 peds (killing non-stop for 36 hours)

PRIZES
1st = Tiger Set (Value: 37,073 Ped Male / 27,123 Ped Female)
2nd = Boar Set (Value: 8,660 Ped Male / 5,568 Ped Female)
3rd = Bear Set (Value: 5,622 Ped Male / 2,508 Ped Female)

Catagory 3 - Itumatrox

Mob: Itum Stalker
Kill Time: about 44 seconds
Cost: (excluding fap): about 4.28 peds
Max Cost For 1st: 12,577 peds (killing non-stop for 36 hours)

PRIZES
2nd = Angel Set (Value: 73,413 Ped Male / 58,463 Ped Female)
3rd = Jag Set (Value: 34,886 Ped Male / 22,571 Ped Female)

Catagory 4 - Aranatrox

PRIZES

* Figures for the itumatrox and aranatrox are speculations based off the figures located at entropiawiki.com and based off the figures for killing similar mobs.

I'll take 5 shadow female, 6 shadow male and a few tiger armors please :D
At those prices I'm pretty sure I would find a way to come up with the peds as an investment :D

awww the rules were changed and I are stuck with ituma :( probably not going to play now

Last edited:
Is MA THAT GREEDY?

also, seriously, that wont stop ppl from hunting, infact they might hunt more than 36horus, just less organised and less hardcore...

Anyway its good for MA....

so...

WHERE IS OUR SCOREBOARD

Bullcrap. wont stop people from hunting? The point is to have a s many people as possible to hunt for the max amount of time (36hours) Lets say 100 people per category join, and after day 2, Mr. X notices that he's in 75th place, even though he's been trying his very best. chances are Mr. X will say 'screw you guys, im going home' and go back to his usual activity in EU.

Now consider the next scenario: 100 people hunting without knowing what place they have on the scoreboard, knowing that any mob they drop MORE could be the one that gets them that precious shiny armor/LA.

Which scenario do you think will be best for MA's pockets? Greedy? come on, MA is still a company, and making money will always be more important than making the players happy, because of the simple reason that without the money, there wouldnt be an EU for (some) players to be happy in.

I'm considering entering myself, but with the return rates i'm used to (and that includes skillgain) i'll be looking at 10k ped, or a month's pay loss if i dont get any angel parts or uberhofs (cycled through 50k ped+ without an uberhof so why would i get one now ;) ? (not complaining, just facts) ) just to take a chance that there won't be 10 more people in the world who decide to put in more cash to drop more mobs. Ill have to think about it, but it's still tempting ;) :D

hmmmss..

Where do people find the time to do this mayhem stuff?
I skipped some time from work to triple skill myself lately but still have to work between xmas and new years eve :(
I cant find the time to participate dagnabbit!

On the bright side.. Korrs400 will get very cheap in the nearby future I think :D

Catagory 4 - Aranatrox

lol, nothing like fixing the statistics to suit your own purposes.

Try doing the calcs with XT+evil amp (or worse still, a bultac 80 or elite)

Or better still, calc it with your Korss and add the spider egen, time to kil 1 spider = 36hrs lol

Another Great U Turn by MA on changing what they came out with first. Is it me or do MA just seem to put an Idea out there, see what the community really wants then changes their minds and bows to the community. Not that that is a bad thing but would it not be better to ask us first before putting a half baked idea out to start with.

They did the same last year, changed the rules to stop ppl staying on for the entire event. OK yes that was for a health issue. but it was not bought in till there was reports of that gamer dying after a monster session.

Now this year the have added an extra cat for hunting and totally changed he mobs around.

Come on MA get a grip

what actually bug me is itumatrox maturity are gonna be kind of high i guess(since many LA) and a itumatrox dominant is harder than a araneatrox young.

Also, itumatrox are hell damn hard to pull!!! :mad: freaking buncing dodging aliens!! :D

We don't know what maturities and density the itumatrox would be set at in the LA's given. Maybe they will clarify before event - personally i think they should set the mobs in those LA's now so that we can have a look at them beforehand and avoid mistakes like before...

I remember the motorhead event, the the spawn was abysmally small - we're talking like 3 red dots in the whole of the LA with 50 hunters running around!
it was a complete disaster. With MA setting the DNA up in the LA right at the last minute they said they couldn't make changes then either.

Hope this time round the set the DNA;'s in the LA's early and fix ay prrolems early...
We can only hope we will have a max density this time.

scoreboard is a terrible idea. people will just harass the player on the number one spot. plus scoreboard says nothing because some people play 12 hours the first three days, and some the last three days

Is it me or do MA just seem to put an Idea out there, see what the community really wants then changes their minds and bows to the community

That's what they said they were doing in the first mayehm post, can't complain that rules have been change when those rules weren't set to start with.

Catagory 4 - Aranatrox

PRIZES

Actually i do not think an H400 (L) can kill an Araneatrox Stalker.
You are forgetting that it fully regenerates its HP in 100 seconds.
So you also have to defeat the regeneration speed of the Araneatrox Stalker which is 35.6 HP/sec. Without amp an Korss H400 (L) does 35.2 DPS.

Even amped with an A106 your chances are pretty slim since it most likely will critical hit you to death (if the normal hits already have not taken care of that). By the time you have TPed back almost 20 seconds will have passed so it will already have regained 20% or more of its HP.

Cheers
Siam

Another Great U Turn by MA on changing what they came out with first. Is it me or do MA just seem to put an Idea out there, see what the community really wants then changes their minds and bows to the community. Not that that is a bad thing but would it not be better to ask us first before putting a half baked idea out to start with.

They did the same last year, changed the rules to stop ppl staying on for the entire event. OK yes that was for a health issue. but it was not bought in till there was reports of that gamer dying after a monster session.

Now this year the have added an extra cat for hunting and totally changed he mobs around.

Come on MA get a grip

and we're the ones who asked for them to e changed.

personally i think they have done a good job in ironing out some of the problems.

lol, nothing like fixing the statistics to suit your own purposes.

Try doing the calcs with XT+evil amp (or worse still, a bultac 80 or elite)

Or better still, calc it with your Korss and add the spider egen, time to kil 1 spider = 36hrs lol

Actually it is almost possible. Had a fight with a spider for over 5 minutes and I really got it down a bit, but I had to fap inbetween and it was a stale mate until I gave up :D
Korrs against a Clan Warlord is already too slow, unamped agains a Cornundacauda Stalker is starting to be a pain.

scoreboard is a terrible idea. people will just harass the player on the number one spot. plus scoreboard says nothing because some people play 12 hours the first three days, and some the last three days

thats exactly why a scoreboard will be interesting... will u try to get top10 in in the first 72hours of event &endup best 500th??? on the last minute of event or wait till last minute to make a change?

A scoreboard will make something to talk about, check about, and harassing wont be made since MA will be enforcing their policy during the events. Im pretty sure such manner would endup with a perm ban.

the itumatrox spawn and jumping habits are worrying me :D

i might be unable to do event since i cant do itumatrox prowler from what i remember :D ... i gotta crunch some number but if the best point ratio(check what hp higher maturity have to check if doing bigger is best for more point) is from those maturiy then im out

Last edited:
Status
Back