FYI: jak's journal for Merry Mayhem 2008

jak

Elite
Society
Crimson Devils
je jak bam
Day Zero

OK, Calypso Government issued a notice to all colonist that there is a competition running...

After hours of looking over the rules and weighing the pros and cons, I've come to the conclusion that it is possible for me to have a chance. And thus it is my duty to partake in this mayhem....

Due to regulations mandated, I fall into the category of hunters that will be hunting the mutant creature known as a Feffoid, this is a fears mutant that has a nasty ability to inflict cold damage to one while impacting him with his mighty hands... Not a mutant to be taken lightly if one wishes to maintain his DNA in good shape....

So, I searched high and wide the few days before the competition and found that the normal gatherings of mutants were still the same.... Rumors had it that there was some funny stimulant introduced into some areas that made the mutants populate in those areas more than others... This same stimulant was also known to boost the maturity of the mutants making them even more fears than they are normally found.... I did not fear, I told myself I was up for the task....

I got my hands on a suitable set of weaponry and armor for the undertaking, having some idea what other hunters might have I made sure I had better and polished them up... I even testing all my gear to make sure it was in top shape....

Just 11 hours till the competition starts, and 21 hours till I start hunting for blood in the competition... I'm just a little weary of my competition, they are brave and I'm sure to not take them as unworthy opponents....

I'll keep this journal filled each day, and try to convey how I will be victorious in this competition..

Till tomorrow....

Last edited:
day 1

OK, This competition is more about endurance than anything else.... I put in 6hrs with a break after 4hrs....

In the 6 hrs, I cycled a bit over 3,000 peds of ammo...

I was met with a nice surprise when I "woke up" in Entropia; funny thing, I was dreaming of "eating pizza"... funny what dreams we have in Entropia, I hear I'm not alone most other colonists dream of this thing called eating.... Anyways, I was met with a nice surprise, when my mind cleared and the white was gone, I had Feffs ALL over me, and I was full guns blazing for about 2hrs before I finally saw that my Soc was talking about me as if I was not there... Sadly, I was so into winning the competition that I did not even notice.... Guess it took a bit of time for the stimulant the Calypso government seeded to take effect, but boy has it taken effect... Just wish there were more of the bigger maturities as I'm still getting pesky low level Feffs on me and boy are they annoying...

My first 1k peds of ammo yielded not one global, was sad, but then the next 1k peds gave me 2-3 globals... Seams the mutants have not been consuming Korrs H400 as I have yet to get a single one since the event started.... My returns are averaging about -100 to -200 peds for every 1k peds used, this is an acceptable return considering I've often lost 50% on my hunting... So I'm optimistic....

Found my armor lacking, the L stuff breaks much too fast for my liking... So, L Jag is no longer my armor of choice for this competition, once the stuff I have is decayed I'll likely change over to Ghost....

Funny what strategies others will try to win, some guy was quite nice and ran a herd of Feffs at me... I had no problems with them, and actually thanked the guy, though he was dead and could not tell me if he planned on coming back and giving me more..... Alas, he did not come back...

So, next shift is a long one, 12hrs and I'll need all the rest I can get...

So, till tomorrow....

Last edited:
day 2

Well, today after the white cleared I was met with more competitors than the Mutants on the fields... This led me to move to another location.... Was in that other location for about 5 hrs, and the Feffs were not as condensed, so I was running all over the place, think this might have set me back a bit, but I'm still optimistic....

Seams the tempers on the fields are heating up as we get more into this competition, as always, I'm trying to keep my cool and push through to victory.....

Then I was back to my original field, dense spawn and little moving around...

It seams the Calypso government has rased the taxing a bit... I was avaraging a tax of 100-200 peds to them for every 1k peds spent, now I'm paying them around 500peds for every 1k spent.... Damn the government, don't the people always hat them? Well at least I can think that my taxes are going to a good cause, or I'd like to think so... Again, I'm being optimistic......

Think I mention this, but I've not found a single Korrs H400 in any Feffs since the competition started, this is disturbing as only items will help me gain back at least a little of what I'm paying out in taxes.....

About the most exiting happening this shift was that my friend Chesty thought it would be fun to open up a worm hole on my head... Was fun, Chesty popped in called me a nub then had fun with the Feffs for a bit and moved on to funner things... And yes, Chesty stole one of my globals!!! >: ( LOL, just playing, Chesty knows any global that is mine is equally Chesty's :D

I was witness to another hunter who, in our dreams, is on the top of that Tracker list thing as the top hunter of Feffs... He is employing about 3 people to kill most all the Feffs for him then he kills the remaining half then moves to next Feffs.... The government did issue a rule that no teaming was allowed, so I did not employ the same tactic as the risk of getting disqualified is too great, I guess he was willing to take the risk....

Well that 12 hrs shift went by fast, seamed like a lot more happened in it, but was did I get exhausted..... Thank god it is only a 6 hrs shift tomorrow....

Till tomorrow.

Last edited:
day 3

OK, today was a 6hr shift, and I clocked 5:57 Mins... Except the (server) in my area crashed or was reset, so I have no clue how MA will see the time. I'm positive from my side I kept to the rules....

The 6 hours went by fast, nothing too eventful.... Though after the Server was reset, I actually looted two items! :O So, first 10k Peds = NO item, then server reset = 2 items..... Hmmm..... Something fishy....

So, today I cycled a bit over the 3k peds... And lost a bit over 1k peds :(

Now, us colonists need to learn as I did... This L armor is crap... Well, it works nice, and gives great protection but darn does its cost hurt your ped card.... For about 600peds (decay on 5Bs included) I was able to use Orca L for a total of about 2k peds of ammo... Mind you I had/have MOBs on me at all times, so I'm getting the extreme decay, but damn does that cost hurt... Since the start of MM, I've used a set of Bear L, a set of Jag L, and 2 sets of Orca L.... So, armor cost so far is somewhere around 2.5k peds... :O Add that to the average lost and I'm losing a serious amount of peds.... Lets just hope it is not all in vain...

Also, I think any colonist knows this if you have hunted the mutant Feffoid, but I'm not sure if it is the stimulant that the Government added or if these Feffoids are just always eating some intoxicating plant life, but more than half the Feffoids I shoot at will run off to other colonists, this gets real annoying... The intelligence of these mutants is quite low...

Well, lets hope I have something better to report tomorrow...

Last edited:
day 4

OK, I've sleighed many Feffoids this day, too many to count...

The most interesting event was that I now have the skill to avoid things...

avoidence.jpg

Always nice getting those light green messages, too bad it will not last for long...

So, I did a little figure, figure to get the exact cost and all so far...

I've spent a bit over 17k peds so far.....
I've gotten back in loot about 13.4k.....
Thus I've lost about 3.6k so far....
That is about a 26% loss if my math is right...

While those results are not happy, they are at least a bit bearable.. :\

I'm hoping my tactics will pay off.... I chose the tactic of hunting all the BIG maturities and leaving the small guys behind... I also a few days back lost a few hours due to bad spawn... think that put me back, hopefully not back too far....

Seeing one of my competitors, Einstine in Viking... I at first decided against using Viking, and was using the L stuff, now I'm down to using Ghost... Bit more healing but still easy to hunt in... I probably should have used Viking now that I think back at it.... Viking = almost twice the decay, but almost always 1.0 damage... In ghost I get around 15.0 on the bigger Feffs, still easily manageable...

This next day is my last, will be doing 6:30 more hours and I feel I really need to make them count! Wish me luck, I think I need it!....

Well, I'm starting to dream about "working for a living", funny how most all us Calypso Colonists dream about similar things... ;)

So, till tomorrow...

Last edited:
day 5 - And final day

Ok, I could just say I killed more Feffs, and I did but for some reason I felt a bit more "in tune" or whatever, when the guys out to distract others by herding massive mobs at us came by I just kept on killing, and I think I did quite well all considered...

I do have to admit, I've seen quite a number of guys who look like more than fair rivals in this competition, and now I've just a little doubt in my mind that I'll make #1 spot... I could very well make #1 but I'll be the first to admit that I say guys performing a bit better than me...

I'm still more than hoping that the Calypso Government actually takes a look at those who decided to have helpers half kill Feffoids for them as I personally approached this competition killing Feffoids solo as the rules said no teaming... I can say the kill speed difference is massive and those doing this tactic are sure to win if it is seen as fair....

So here is the final break down:

I used 18,000peds of ammo.
I had 3981.71peds of decay on guns/armor
I spent about 2.5k on L armor.

I looted total loots with a TT value of 17099.42peds
In these I looted X4 small ESIs, ~8 Minor heal chips, 1 Riker, 1 Isis CB32?, 0 Korrs H400(That is right, not a single one during the competition, 18k peds ammo!!! >:-(

I had 31 globals in the 18k peds ammo used.
My highest loot was 268peds.
I did not HOF at all! :(
Out of the 18 runs of 1k peds ammo, not one of them did I get equal or more loots back, lost on all...

So, that brings me to my actual losses for this event, well I can not enter Calypso to check my skills so this is losses minus skills...

-7,382.29 peds. :'(

Ouch that hurt, not sure I even wanted to calculate that....

Ouch, I just about had a heart attack... I suck at math, and when I was adding up my time sheet, 5:57, 11:28, 5:57, 5:57, 6:27, I first thought I had gone over on my time.... But nope I'm safe with about 15 minutes to spare as I wanted... Think that 15 mins is a safe margin.....

So, we will see how I do, and I'm hopping for the best, but prepared for the wurst....

Till after the 2nd.......

EDIT:
Skills value before MM minus ESI was 38,703.82peds ....
Skills value After MM Minus ESI is 40,234.64peds ...
So as I thought, 1,530.82peds in skills were made in the MM.

Last edited:
Conclusion

Merry Mayhem is NOT a solo Event!!!!!

LOL, that is about the conclusion to the event.... I did it solo, and I did not score in top 10, even though I had much better firepower than most any others singly, guys with a support team out did my by a long shot....

I've had many friends complaining and quite frustrated at MA for doing this event the way it was done... I'm not alone in thinking it was intended as a solo event.... Why would MA list the profession levels if it could be done by more than one person? And many other things....

Anyways, next year I'll definitely not be doing it solo. ;)

Last edited:
oops :D ................

Last edited:
Good luck, jak :D

Reactions: jak
Good luck in the competition Jak!

Give those Feff's hell!

- Deathifier

gl ...oh make sure you do the rambo training now while you can...

press ups, running in cold weather, oh that's rocky training !

Gl Jak, best of luck!!

Good Luck Jak, Ill check in with you while im online...see if you need anything...

Thanks for the good wishes guys!!! :)

Day one was pulled off with what I think to be success... :)

Best of luck Jak, and thanks for taking the time to write your story down for the rest of us :)

~Tracer

gl Jak, oh and if you do find a spawn of high maturity feff please share ;)

agree on L armors with you, although i only put in 2 hours(just like i thought my work project is taking up all the time so the best i can hope for is put it 20 hours by the end of event), in those 2hours orca decayd to 60%, i do stand in middle of read sea of dots usually and cant even move though. My plan is to use up 2 more sets of orca i have, set of bear and then if still need switch to ghost. Gl m8 and sorry if i dont answer much during the event, precious time i have to play i try to use fully:)

Nice journal.

Go Jak, kick those feff's asses!

Hey Jak,

Good luck in the competition. If you need any help with anything (gathering mobs, fapping, etc) just send me a PM and i'll see if i can help you out for awhile.

Good Luck Jak and I will see you out there! Its my catagory too!!! Woohoo a friend out there too yeah!!! :yay: :yay:

Nice amount of burned :) May I ask what gear you are using ?

agree on L armors with you, although i only put in 2 hours(just like i thought my work project is taking up all the time so the best i can hope for is put it 20 hours by the end of event), in those 2hours orca decayd to 60%, i do stand in middle of read sea of dots usually and cant even move though. My plan is to use up 2 more sets of orca i have, set of bear and then if still need switch to ghost. Gl m8 and sorry if i dont answer much during the event, precious time i have to play i try to use fully:)

playing for 20 hours you wont stand an chance,to much teams out there..and with the ultrabadloot feffs have atm(no kors at all) youll lose big without chance to place top10

i'm rooting for ya, jak. nice to see a seasoned vet from last year giving it a go and giving us all an account of what it's like to compete.

i didn't compete last year cause i only had a i2870, but i completely enjoyed watching you go for it and seeing your results.

this year, i decided since my mod merc was not maxed, i didn't own shadow, 300 HP or have the time and patience to put some 10 person support group together, that i couldn't compete in my bracket.

oh well, maybe next year. :)

have a nice mayhem, best of luck and i'm looking forward to following your results.

Nice amount of burned :) May I ask what gear you are using ?

hehe, says my top competitor in the event... ;)

DOA and plated Orca / plated jag.... :)

Good luck! :)

Hey Jak,

Good luck in the competition. If you need any help with anything (gathering mobs, fapping, etc) just send me a PM and I'll see if i can help you out for awhile.

Thanks you are the best, now everyone knows why I love you so much!!!! :ahh: And I'm not thinking about THAT type of fapping! :duh: Yet..... :naughty:

First, Day 2 updated!!! :)

i'm rooting for ya, jak. nice to see a seasoned vet from last year giving it a go and giving us all an account of what it's like to compete.

i didn't compete last year cause i only had a i2870, but i completely enjoyed watching you go for it and seeing your results.

this year, i decided since my mod merc was not maxed, i didn't own shadow, 300 HP or have the time and patience to put some 10 person support group together, that i couldn't compete in my bracket.

oh well, maybe next year. :)

have a nice mayhem, best of luck and i'm looking forward to following your results.

Thanks m8!!!!

Lets hope MA makes a fair event for your class next year.... Think they might have felt that it was a bit unfair at the top, but was too late to change it....

hehe, says my top competitor in the event... ;)

DOA and plated Orca / plated jag.... :)

Hehe - Well I just thought it was a high amount of ammo burning solo :D But DOAs are ammo burners for sure... hehe

Good luck to you as well :) To be honest at first I only hoped to get Mayhem Harness - Now I'm aiming a little higher... :p

Not trying to piss on anyone's parade... but at 3k PED ammo per 6 hrs that means that if you win, that set of JAG is gonna cost you 18k. (calculating decay + bad days at the office loot wise) A set of UL Tiger is worth what? About 37k? So you could win and save yourself/make yourself 19k. However, if you end up with bear or boar... it'd be cheaper to just buy it.... unless however that mayhem harness is worth HUGE.....
I believe you do have a good chance at winning... however, that brings up the fact that anyone else who stands a good chance at winning will also have to spend that kind of PED and there's only 1 prize worth more than that ammount of money.
I believe that it's only fair for MA/FPC.... if they're going to require that kind of PED to be spent, that ALL 10 prizes be worth AT LEAST 18k. so that getting on the scoreboard at least lets you break even.

Not trying to piss on anyone's parade... but at 3k PED ammo per 6 hrs that means that if you win, that set of JAG is gonna cost you 18k. (calculating decay + bad days at the office loot wise) A set of UL Tiger is worth what? About 37k? So you could win and save yourself/make yourself 19k. However, if you end up with bear or boar... it'd be cheaper to just buy it.... unless however that mayhem harness is worth HUGE.....
I believe you do have a good chance at winning... however, that brings up the fact that anyone else who stands a good chance at winning will also have to spend that kind of PED and there's only 1 prize worth more than that ammount of money.
I believe that it's only fair for MA/FPC.... if they're going to require that kind of PED to be spent, that ALL 10 prizes be worth AT LEAST 18k. so that getting on the scoreboard at least lets you break even.

Thanks, nice veiw of it :)

You do have to take into account a few other things though. I'll never chip out skills, but I'm sure I've gotten at least 500peds in skills.... Also, I am getting loot back, so while I've now cycled about 7k peds into the loot pool, I've gotten about 5k-6k loots back... So I've lost about 1k-2k so far and I'm half way through the competition... So, by the end, I'll likely lose about 5kpeds and if I were to count skills(which again I'll never chip out so does not matter...) I've lost about 4k peds, for the harness (price range will be similar to angel) and hopefully Tiger, (37k per what you stated) So, I will make out OK in the end... Plus, it is FUN!!!!! :)

Back