FYI: jak's journal for Merry Mayhem 2008

Not trying to piss on anyone's parade... but at 3k PED ammo per 6 hrs that means that if you win, that set of JAG is gonna cost you 18k. (calculating decay + bad days at the office loot wise) A set of UL Tiger is worth what? About 37k? So you could win and save yourself/make yourself 19k. However, if you end up with bear or boar... it'd be cheaper to just buy it.... unless however that mayhem harness is worth HUGE.....
I believe you do have a good chance at winning... however, that brings up the fact that anyone else who stands a good chance at winning will also have to spend that kind of PED and there's only 1 prize worth more than that ammount of money.
I believe that it's only fair for MA/FPC.... if they're going to require that kind of PED to be spent, that ALL 10 prizes be worth AT LEAST 18k. so that getting on the scoreboard at least lets you break even.

Actualy I do believe the harness will be worth something near 18k - Also take into account that today 2 15k feffoid raiders dropped... Which ofc could make someone who had spend something in the area of 10-15k ped ammo so far a tiny bit sad if he had only gotten globals and not a single hof... And not really that many globals... :s

Oohh well, I just want my harness :p

Thanks, nice veiw of it :)

You do have to take into account a few other things though. I'll never chip out skills, but I'm sure I've gotten at least 500peds in skills.... Also, I am getting loot back, so while I've now cycled about 7k peds into the loot pool, I've gotten about 5k-6k loots back... So I've lost about 1k-2k so far and I'm half way through the competition... So, by the end, I'll likely lose about 5kpeds and if I were to count skills(which again I'll never chip out so does not matter...) I've lost about 4k peds, for the harness (price range will be similar to angel) and hopefully Tiger, (37k per what you stated) So, I will make out OK in the end... Plus, it is FUN!!!!! :)

Good luck! :)

Hi jak, seen you out in the field. We've gone a far longs time away from DK-S and hunting fouls. Seems there's a different set of mind between us on how to approach this event. Wish you the best of luck in the merry mayhem. I, myself, am lacking a team of supporters but I guess that's accounted to my massive popularity over the last logging in once every three months this year eh? Well, I thought i'd make a diary of my experience as you have but I'm too lazy. However, I have been tracking my losses and hours just as you have. However, I'm not as hardcore to be able to sit for more than six hours clicking away, but I am constantly clicking away mind you. Seems each of my runs have been two hours each and as the 28th comes to an end and we can call this day three of the event, I guess even if day one was six hours, I've had five two hour runs and a few one or less hour runs, which aren't that great for kills but meh. In the thirteen hours that I've had clocked down so far over the forty five hours that have passed into this event, I've lost about 2k peds from this big 'ol feffoid hunt. However, I have been cycling 1k peds/ hunt so it seems my return is still a shi-higher than 50% like the usual ;). But there is good news, I have looted two khorss 400s :) one of which is full tt. Best of luck, as I'm rolling over my 778th feffoid clan warlord.

Hi jak, seen you out in the field. We've gone a far longs time away from DK-S and hunting fouls. Seems there's a different set of mind between us on how to approach this event. Wish you the best of luck in the merry mayhem. I, myself, am lacking a team of supporters but I guess that's accounted to my massive popularity over the last logging in once every three months this year eh? Well, I thought i'd make a diary of my experience as you have but I'm too lazy. However, I have been tracking my losses and hours just as you have. However, I'm not as hardcore to be able to sit for more than six hours clicking away, but I am constantly clicking away mind you. Seems each of my runs have been two hours each and as the 28th comes to an end and we can call this day three of the event, I guess even if day one was six hours, I've had five two hour runs and a few one or less hour runs, which aren't that great for kills but meh. In the thirteen hours that I've had clocked down so far over the forty five hours that have passed into this event, I've lost about 2k peds from this big 'ol feffoid hunt. However, I have been cycling 1k peds/ hunt so it seems my return is still a shi-higher than 50% like the usual ;). But there is good news, I have looted two khorss 400s :) one of which is full tt. Best of luck, as I'm rolling over my 778th feffoid clan warlord.

Hey m8,

Thanks, always nice to get others experiences out on the fields... :)

While I did 6hrs the first day, 12 the next and 6 the last.... I do take breaks! ;) Think I'd go nuts sitting in front of a computer for more a few hours....

See you out there m8! :)

Day 3 updated, enjoy! :)

I'm new here (haven't even really started yet) but I've been watching your event log. You have a great attitude (especially about the teamers!)

You have my support - go Jak! +rep!

Reactions: jak
Great journel jak ... and "ouch" ... it's always interesting to read the reports on the cost as well, and in the end if it's all worth it, but I too appreciate your attitude about it, not to mention your little story tidbits. Thanks for taking the time to do this sort of thing ... and good luck. ;)

Good luck out there, and thx for charing the experience :)
Happy Hoffing

Thanks you for your kind words and good wishes!!!! really helps soften the edges when you are not exactly gaining and wish you were, so thanks! :)

Day 4 is updated, Enjoy!!! :)

Best of luck to you Jak!:yay:

OK, I did my final day and updated the journal.... Will post one last entry after the ceremony.....

Updated day 5 with an EDIT, I put my skills value before and after. :)

day 5 - And final day
Ouch, I just about had a heart attack... I suck at math, and when I was adding up my time sheet, 5:57, 11:28, 5:57, 5:57, 6:27, I first thought I had gone over on my time.... But nope I'm safe with about 15 minutes to spare as I wanted... Think that 15 mins is a safe margin.....

That's cutting it pretty close. Lets hope the way the server logs your time in and out is that same as the way you do it!

Good luck!

-7000+ PED? Ouch...I'm glad I didn't go full-tilt for this one...I couldn't afford it!

That's cutting it pretty close. Lets hope the way the server logs your time in and out is that same as the way you do it!

Good luck!

-7000+ PED? Ouch...I'm glad I didn't go full-tilt for this one...I couldn't afford it!

Yah, However, I sorted and stopped my stop watch bit before and bit after each log in... So, maybe add a few less minutes to that time.... And I did follow all the time rules, so I'm sure I'm all good as for as time goes. :)

the Suspense is killing me on what score we all got!!!! :)

Yah, However, I sorted and stopped my stop watch bit before and bit after each log in... So, maybe add a few less minutes to that time....

hopefully you didn't forget the 20 second log out timer that would add 20 seconds to your logged time, each and every time you logged out.

also angel said here somewhere during last year's mayhem, session time begins at the very second you engage the loader, not when you actually pop yourself in game. he noticed this last year, when he engaged the loader, went to the bathroom, came back put his login and password and gold card number in and logged into a session time that was about how long he was afk.

hopefully your method of using a stop watch before and after log in/log outs assured you stayed within the time limit, but i fear ppl that pushed themselves to the 35:55 mark might have a very rude awakening coming via a disqualification if they relogged alot and didn't take the 20 second log out into account.

hopefully you didn't forget the 20 second log out timer that would add 20 seconds to your logged time, each and every time you logged out.

also angel said here somewhere during last year's mayhem, session time begins at the very second you engage the loader, not when you actually pop yourself in game. he noticed this last year, when he engaged the loader, went to the bathroom, came back put his login and password and gold card number in and logged into a session time that was about how long he was afk.

hopefully your method of using a stop watch before and after log in/log outs assured you stayed within the time limit, but i fear ppl that pushed themselves to the 35:55 mark might have a very rude awakening coming via a disqualification if they relogged alot and didn't take the 20 second log out into account.

Thanks m8, I'm sure I kept right with regards to time... I too remember that post about time from last year, if I recall it was before gold card and after your info was put in, but regardless I'm good. :)

Thanks m8, I'm sure I kept right with regards to time... I too remember that post about time from last year, if I recall it was before gold card and after your info was put in, but regardless I'm good. :)

yep, basically i think whenever you hit "Launch" on the loader, your session time starts, something that most ppl are not aware of. i guess i long thought session time started whenever you bounced in game.

we'll see if anybody out there pushed it to far. i'm sure there will be one or two casualties.

anyhow i'm crossing my fingers for ya till morning. can't wait to see how you did.

was intressting reading your log.

Im suprised about that korss 400 situation tho.
Is the droprate really that low and are MA planing on stop droping the only decent looted L gun with a fair price there is totaly?

Bleh. silly imo. the market shuld be flooded with them so people can hunt even with mid level skills.

Anyways.
Hope everything went good for you and thansk for haveing this journal. :) hope you had a great happy new year too

OK, the conclusion is posted.... :D

Hope you are enjoyed reading it, I tried to make it a bit more interesting and not boring :)

Happy New Year all and big gratz to the winners!!!! :)

I think it might have been the first day that lost you a top 10 spot, I also hunted solo and had less firepower than you, but made the top 10. Probably you made it very close, 11-13th something like that?

I think it might have been the first day that lost you a top 10 spot, I also hunted solo and had less firepower than you, but made the top 10. Probably you made it very close, 11-13th something like that?

Well, Day two I had a problem where the spawn in Corinth was totally gone... and another day where there were more green dots than red in Corinth... That lost me at least a few hours killing.... Guess you did not have that problem? :p

Also, armor decay on the L armors were costing an arm and a leg, so I had to start using Ghost, and of course I fapped a lot in ghost.... So you with Viking actualy had more killing time that me as I was fapping quite a bit then guys would herd mobs on us... :(

On the tracker, as if that was any measure for anything, I was bouncing around 3-10 place for first few days...

So yah, it will be interesting to see what place I came in.....

Conclusion

Merry Mayhem is NOT a solo Event!!!!!

LOL, that is about the conclusion to the event.... I did it solo, and I did not score in top 10, even though I had much better firepower than most any others singly, guys with a support team out did my by a long shot....

I've had many friends complaining and quite frustrated at MA for doing this event the way it was done... I'm not alone in thinking it was intended as a solo event.... Why would MA list the profession levels if it could be done by more than one person? And many other things....

Anyways, next year I'll definitely not be doing it solo. ;).

Jak,

Gratz on being one of those who competed honorably and according to your morals! :ahh:

During the event you saw that people were teaming up but refused to compromise your values and what you believed. You are a great example that I will try to emulate in my game and forum conduct! +rep!

V. Antronius

Last edited:
Back