Help: As the clock tickes over on Day one of Merry Mayhem, my biggest wish is...

jak

Elite
Society
Crimson Devils
je jak bam
My biggest wish for this event, is that MA does a daily scoreboard... I know I'm not alone!!! :D

Sorry MODs, where is not wish list Section under Merry Mayhem.... :silly2:

Good for us, bad for MA.

If people felt that they were screwed, they wouldn't even try.

Ignorance is bliss sometimes :yay:

Good for us, bad for MA.

If people felt that they were screwed, they wouldn't even try.

Ignorance is bliss sometimes :yay:

LOL, one way to look at it I guess. :D But with a score board, more would participate harder if they knew they were not #1 or in the top 10.... So I honestly think it would even out... :)

Besides, EVERY game has a scoreboard!!!! Why not the this one???? :D

An official scoreboard would motivate me more.
I think some people get more globals on a given creature than others, and that skews the results shown by EntropiaTracker. Also, from experience in Champions League, "globals are overrated."

I also cannot think of any kind of competition where the participants are prevented from knowing their position during the event.

Reactions: jak
Yes a scoreboard or an update every day would be great!!

LOL, one way to look at it I guess. :D But with a score board, more would participate harder if they knew they were not #1 or in the top 10.... So I honestly think it would even out... :)

Besides, EVERY game has a scoreboard!!!! Why not the this one???? :D

Not if it contained the usual names in the top :p

Things like that only make me shrug and walk away :p

A scoreboard would be nice, but I am surely not the only one that would quit because of knowing for a fact, that I do not have a chance.
Without it there is still the hope as motivator in at least trying :D

Not if it contained the usual names in the top :p

Things like that only make me shrug and walk away :p

are u even competing in the event?

ppl who says that a scoreboard would demotivate players are tho who might not even trying the event. Also, i dont think it will demotivate players. It will make them sure where they stand, and if they dont stand a chance, whos losing into that? they might simply continue hunting just not "wasting plenty of ped on a support team"... I know MA would be the only loser into that... but they have to lose sometime isnt? lol

And not to mention that it wont stop others ppl to hunt the mob, there a few ppl here who are hunting know they dont stand a chance winning. but knowing their position could be cool

anyway. i fear it wont ever happen :p

It didn't happen last year after much protest, and MA had a year to think about it since then, and they ignore this topic on this message board, so draw your own conclusions...

Sure a scoreboard would be great. But I also think it`s abvious why they don`t and that does include seeing all the usual names up top even though it`s to be expected. As for me it does`nt really matter. I retreated to CND for the event. I can just as easily lose my ass up there. And I am. :laugh:

are u even competing in the event?

No I am not because of this fact. I am soon lvl 52 in laser hit. That means I am competing in the 3rd category, bottom row. And my armor isn't that great either, meaning I can only kill smaller Itumatroxes.

Even if I bought an uber armor to use, I wouldn't be able to use the best guns because of my skills. Other people might (if I am not wrong) use guns up to lvl 75 for the same category. And they have tons more DPS.

That basically means that I am screwed even from the start. The only way for me to be able to reach the same DPS is with a mod merc. I don't think I need to explain more about that...

So I would be able to run around killing ituma young-dominant with an ISIS HL12 as best while others are running around with ultra guns killing stalkers.

And with a scoreboard to confirm how far behind I would be. Bleh...

I am rather participating in the movie contest where everyone is an equal. Except that my FRAPS has stopped working... grrr...

A complete planetwide event system wouldn't hurt - including an "official" timer over multiple sessions and a a system that prevents you from exceeding allowed daily time by accident - kind of a red chat warning "your maximum daily play time will reach it's limit in xx min" and a confirmation dialog window on login: "Your maximum event time for today has expired, you shouldn't log in before xxx MA time, if you proceed now, you will be disqualified - really log in? Y/N"

Would be only fair - to waste peds like nuts for like 30 more hours when you got disqalified on first day is no fun, really - sure, MA won't mind, but i guess that'd be the last event i take part in...

Another wiew

A scoreboard is not the solution. But to play and compete in the same division would be. Instead of “categories”, let all compete within their own professional standing. Just make one list of prices (40 prices long) and let the best developer (of his profession) or the best scorer, (within the start and end of the profession), be the winner.

Well I compete in Cat. 2 and begun with level 28 in laser rifle. I know now I never had a chance. U can stand and make it in about four or five difference in levels but not in 25.

But I will finish this however. Tactics or cheater what so ever.

But I got one problem with the 12 hour time, does it starts from your first shot, 18 hour UTC, or at 24 hour daytime (UTC) ?

Thanks for attention.

DonKey

But I got one problem with the 12 hour time, does it starts from your first shot, 18 hour UTC, or at 24 hour daytime (UTC) ?

Thanks for attention.

DonKey

Got answer from support, hope this clears something up

28 Dec 2008 Entropia Support:
Hi,

We strongly recommend that you do not play more than 6 hours straight, but take regular breaks with physical exercise or activity, food and refreshments during each session. The rules also state that if a participant decides to use the 12 hour option at any point, it must be followed directly by 12 hours of rest i.e. no logged in time. The 24 hour period is from 1800 to 1800.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Thanks for your answer SuperKanjo
But I’m still not clear
I take the “safe for the unsafe” as a speaking in Swedish. I only play for max around 3 hours at a time then I take a break for .30 to 1 and a half hour. I sleep (more than 8 hours) and bother with my wife. :rolleyes: (Even look at the boring commercial TV) :xmad:. But now I’m up to 11 hours playing, counting from my first last logged on time, without any specific day time borderline set. (As this: Logged on 17:40 logged off 19:55 logged on 23:00 logged off 01:45. The elapsed time is 5:00. No minutes to one or the other side) That I’m doing is count back and summon the elapsed time since my any logged on time contiguously, and I think that’s the point of 12 hour restriction. But I’m uncertain, so I also check for 12 hours of a date time starting from 18:00, and a 12: hour’s time starting from 24:00. Tell me if I’m wrong :ahh:

Well MA, make the rules better specified, I’m not the only one having probs.:yay:

Regards
DonKey

PS: if we counted from 18:00 I would have been online now but I wait to tomorrow and ask my employer for a free night so I can finish this. ( I work nights).

Thanks for your answer SuperKanjo
But I’m still not clear
I take the “safe for the unsafe” as a speaking in Swedish. I only play for max around 3 hours at a time then I take a break for .30 to 1 and a half hour. I sleep (more than 8 hours) and bother with my wife. :rolleyes: (Even look at the boring commercial TV) :xmad:. But now I’m up to 11 hours playing, counting from my first last logged on time, without any specific day time borderline set. (As this: Logged on 17:40 logged off 19:55 logged on 23:00 logged off 01:45. The elapsed time is 5:00. No minutes to one or the other side) That I’m doing is count back and summon the elapsed time since my any logged on time contiguously, and I think that’s the point of 12 hour restriction. But I’m uncertain, so I also check for 12 hours of a date time starting from 18:00, and a 12: hour’s time starting from 24:00. Tell me if I’m wrong :ahh:

Well MA, make the rules better specified, I’m not the only one having probs.:yay:

Regards
DonKey

PS: if we counted from 18:00 I would have been online now but I wait to tomorrow and ask my employer for a free night so I can finish this. ( I work nights).

the way i been tracking my time is start at 0. play however hours long and add that to the zero and then log off. the log off time is subtracted from my counter until it reaches zero or if i log back on midway before it hits zero again, then I add the session's hours to whatever my counter is at until I log off then it again counts downward towards zero. Anyone understand how i'm keeping track? :eek:... and er.. if I count up to twelve hours then I have to log off till zero :eek:.... I guess

EDIT: now that I think of it, my counter method fails in some ways... don't follow it is not good...

Back