Help: Fraps!

Luu

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Mighty Luu Buu
I've got fraps and took some footage in EU and it was fine the benchmark stayed at 30 while i filmed but when i tried to take some while up at CND the benchmark would drop to about 8 while filming. All the videos after watching them look as if they are sped up.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

hopefully someone can help, would appreciate it :)

Happy new year everyone, hope no ones head is to bad :laugh:

I have no idea about how Fraps records the video. But guessing from your description you'll need a program that will allow you to split the video into two files. The first part should contain all the stuff that were recorded with 30fps. The second part should contain all the stuff that were recorded with 8fps. Depending on the program you use you may need another one to convert the second part to 30fps. Then you should be able to join those two back together to get one video.

Though keep in mind that that won't make the second part look like a class A 30fps video! It will more likely look like a slideshow or a surveillance camera. I'm saying you will lose much of the motion.

Also I'm guessing that the stuff that you said was in 8fps is probably not in exact 8fps throughout the video. Therefore you may have to face the case that it's not possible to get one clean video. The only true way is to speedup your PC and redo the entire shooting.

Well even if it has actually sped up the video, all you need to do is drop the video into a video editing application, and then you can just drop the frame rate in there, or decrease the speed by a percetage.

Most video cards when trying to record video at full screen tend to make the video either choppy or in the wrong format, ie. stretched, etc.

Try messing with the setting in Fraps for video reoding. Like try a different rendering engine. Most of the time it's a HAL Rendering related issue. If you do a google search for that, along with Fraps and your video crad, you will most likely find what you are looking for.

Back