From zero to hero - 1 year contest.

BlackHawk

Elite
Society
ROUA
Black Hawk Hawk
I will start a new contest designed for new players.
It is a version improved of this quest. (I hope is improved...)

Players with less than 25k total skill on the first page will be able to participate, just like in the thread with the old quest.
One can only register in one of the quests. Here or there. you must choose.
The event will begin when you register. It will last until 20 December year 2009. In this event you can accumulate points. Those with most points on 20 December will win the prizes as follow:
Prizes for people with less than 25k skill points when they start:

First place: 5.000 Ped
Second place: 3000 Ped
Third place: 2000 Ped​

Prizes for people with more than 25k skill points when they start:

First place: 2000 Ped​

FYI: HP=Stamina*10 for mobs. You can use data from Entropedia to figure out what mobs to hunt. Click on Creatures, then click Maturity Levels and order the data by health.

There are 5 hunting stages, one crafting and one mining:​

Stage 1:
Mobs with stamina from 1 to 30
you need to score 5 globals to complete it
Unlock Marksmanship in this stage will give you 50 points bonus
Unlock Martial Art in this stage will give you 50 points bonus
Unlock Melee Damage Assessment in this stage will give you 50 points bonus

Stage 2:
Mobs with stamina 20 to 45
you need to score 20 globals to complete it
Unlock Serendipity in this stage will give you 50 points bonus

Stage 3:
Mobs with stamina from 35 to 65
you need to score 40 globals to complete it
Unlock Coolnes in this stage will give you 50 points bonus
Unlock Wounding in this stage will give you 50 points bonus

Stage 4:
Mobs with stamina from 50 to 110
you need to score 60 globals to complete it
Unlock Combat Sense in this stage will give you 50 points bonus

Stage 5:
Mobs with stamina above 80
you need to score 100 globals to complete it
Unlock Combat Sense in this stage will give you 50 points bonus

Stage 6
Mobs with stamina above 100
you need to score 10000 globals to complete it

Unlock Commando in this stage will give you 50 points bonus

Crafting stage:
you need to score 50 globals to complete it
Unlock Blueprint Comprehension will give you 50 points bonus
Unlock Fasion Design will give you 50 points bonus

Mining stage:
you need to score 50 globals to complete it

Unlock Calipso Ground Assessment will give you 50 points bonus

The contest is not designed to be finished. If someone will come close to finish it, one more stage will be added. The contest is designed to give the chance to score points 1 full year.

Each global will give you points. Stage 1 globals will give 20 points each. Stage 2 globals will give 15 points each. stage 3 globals will give 10 points each. Stage 4 globals will give 5 points each. Stage 5 and 6 globals will give 1 point each. All mining and crafting globals will give you 5 points each. When you complete one stage, you get the right to kill mobs in the next stage. Once you advanced in the next stage, you can not score globals in the previous stage stamina. Stamina levels overlap, so you can hunt the same maturity longer if you like it, but you will be forced to upgrade to go on.

You can get the skill bonus 3 times during the event, so you can get maximum 150 points from skill unlocks.

Entropia Tracker points:
If you make it in top 100 in tracker you get 50 points.
If you make it in top ten in tracker you get 500 ppoints.
NOTE:
Not all your globals are recorded by tracker. Some of your globals will not be recorded. But is fair because it works like this for all players. If you want to have all you globals recorded in tracker, contact the people who make it and help them make it better and more accurate.

Mining and crafting stages can go on at any time. This is to allow players to explore all parts of EU.

I M P O R T A N T

One global is valid only if it is uploaded in less than 24 hrs since you got it. You need to have the time and position in the screen shot. You need to press "p" for position and "c" or "u" for time. It depends on keyboard layout... I don't know.
Screens must be at a quality that allows us to read the global message AND time.

I M P O R T A N T

When you post one global you need to state the number of points you have in hunting, crafting and mining.

I M P O R T A N T

Do not edit posts with screens.

How to register:
The screen for registering your entry must have your full avatar name, your skills must be ordered, so you have the highest 7 skills on your first page. to do that, click the arrow on the right side, above the skill numbers. If you do not provide correct screen with skills, you will participate for prizes for over 25k skills on the first page. People with more than 25k skill points on the first page can compete. They can win one prize of 2000 ped for the winner of the competition. They don't need to provide the screen with skills.

MA or other players are invited to sponsor this competition with prizes to make it more appealing for new players.

Please help me manage this thread
Please state in your global post if you are in the competition for the 25k+ or under.
If you are in competition for under 25k skills, please keep a link in each post to the post with registration screen.

To do that, click on the "permlink" of the post with registration, click then on the link you have in browser and paste that at the end of the post. Is something easy for each player to do, but will save a lot of trouble.

I will check winners entry, but is easier to read if we work together on this one.

Not that this is not "a must". If you don't post the link to registration post, your global is counted anyway.

I would appreciate some help from a forum user with keeping track of scores in this event. If someone can post each week in this thread a list with registered participants and their points, it would be great.

To make it clear. Last day to score global is on 19 December.
On 25 December the prizes will be awarded.

Last edited:
I will make it more clear, so stay tuned.

damned.. and i have something more than 10k :mad:

well well..good luck all of you who can participate :D

1225 globals? In a year? Are you kidding me? Wow, well good luck to whomever can do this...

Its doable for sure. If you hunt low to mid trox for 3-4 hours you can hit 3-4 globals rather steady. Same with ambu.

Good idea and initiative, good luck to you and all the participants.

Well, he intentionally set the globals to a number that can't be reached so that there won't actually be someone who "completes" it.

All the winner needs is to have the most points anyways, getting up to stage 5 (beating 4 stages) will already be shooting for the top prizes

this looks cool..

I already registered for the previous quest... however was just not able to get any globals on Exas... I am still just a little less than 7K skills in the first page.. I would now like to shift to this quest... will post the screenies once you say go...

This quest looks really cool, but fortunately I have had "too much" success in previous quest. I'm way over 7k skills now. So I think I'll stick to first quest even though Exa globals are really hard to get. I figure once i get 2 of them, the rest will be a breeze. :D +rep for another gr8 quest.

I changed a bit the rules. I added skill bonuses, mining stages and crafting stages. Also, I made it possible for people with skills up to 25k skill points on the first page to participate.
Happy new year!
And have fun!

I have 27k skills so cannot take part but I salute you for making events for newish players:thumbup:

Damn :S I'd have to chip out 118k of skill to compete in lower :cry:

This will be won by someone who got their hands on a high dmg/sec unlimited SIb

Is that what you want to promote? spend 100kped or more on a weapon to win 5kped?

Minimum time estimates @ 1kped/day i.e. what will happen:
3 hours on tants., minimum lose 300 per session.
Average global 1 every 12hrs
give up after 3 months as haven't finished stage 1, and lost 10kped

or

hunt bery young-provider or anything else
hunt 250ped a day for 12hrs (no spwan)
give up after day 1 as you just spen 1hr hunting, 11hrs running around to find spawn

Last edited:
You can hunt a large number of creatures in each stage. AFIK HP= Stamina*10. So if you search on entropedia and order creatures by health, you can see that even from the beginning, you can hunt all creatures with HP up to 250. More than 250 creature types if we consider each maturity. Now, the fact that it will be won by someone with high DPS... we just need to wait and see. Since is open to new players, all start at similar level and probably with lower level of gear. I want to encourage people to upgrade their avatar.

Someone will gain from participating in this contest even if he fails to gain any of the prizes. If one finish the first 3 stages, then he knows his way in EU.

1 yr contest

I was going to try yhis but unfortunatly i to am to high for this contest.:(

I will take part :yay:

Crafting Total:3

well I'll see what I can see sticking with the non-depositing, if you bump it up to 30k I"m good ;)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

first global

mining score 1

30k on first page is a lot. But you are good to go in the competition for the 2k ped. If things work out for me, I will add more prizes in future.

Excellent quest!

I just signed up for the other one of course.:duh: May I join this instead?

Stage 6
Mobs with stamina above 100
you need to score 10000 globals to complete it

10.000 globals oO... 27 globals per day...

The contest is not designed to be finished. If someone will come close to finish it, one more stage will be added. The contest is designed to give the chance to score points 1 full year.

Just added that in the first post to make it clear.

You can win this with 10-20 globals if is no better competition. I hope it will not be the case.

25 k skills on the first page-ty for ruining my day...i know that im a noob,but i didnt know that im such a big noob:(

25 k skills on the first page-ty for ruining my day...i know that im a noob,but i didnt know that im such a big noob:(

That pretty much says it for me too, only i did know that I am such a noob. :D

I'm a noob to, but that will not ruin my day. Is just a good reason to skill harder.

True, but I think i will stick to first quest for now, hopefully with my new Riker uL2 9L), i can bring down those swirlies on a couple of exas.

Hi, I want to join this contest.
My skills:

I made a change in score points for globals. That will give more points for globals in first stages and fewer points in last stages. Also, mining and crafting globals will give now 10 points/global.

This change was made so players will be motivated to go after points from mining and crafting, and also, skills unlocks will give important points. Strategy will be more important now in this contest, because you can choose to push in only one profession or go in all of them. I hope you like the idea.

I added at the end of the first post a message asking for help in keeping track of users and scores. I will not do that until the day of the prize award, but I would appreciate some help with that, if someone has the time. Please contact me. The score update I want it to be made once a week by a person that want to help. I will quote the post of that person in my second post to have it all accessible.

Gl globaling

Small Suggestion:

Stage 1:
Mobs with stamina from 1 to 30
you need to score 5 globals to complete it
Unlock Marksmanship in this stage will give you 5 points bonus
Unlock Martial Art in this stage will give you 50 points bonus
Unlock Melee Damage Assessment in this stage will give you 50 points bonus

In stage 1 both the Martial Art and Melee Damage Assessment promote Melee. Along with Melee Damage Assessment can Ranged Damage Assessment be also added.

Awesome event, and what a great opportunity for new players!

Added an option to get points from activity in EU. You can make up to 550 points from scoring globals that are recorded ib tracker.

NOTE:
Not all your globals are recorded by tracker. Some of your globals will not be recorded. But is fair because it works like this for all players. If you want to have all you globals recorded in tracker, contact the people who make it and help them make it better and more accurate.

I would like to join the under 25k skills quest:

My name ingame is Kaptein siggen Grini and here is my skills:

Back