Question: Are LAs really worth the outlay?

With so many LAs around now and the fact that there are repeated mob types everywhere, are they really worth the prices asked for them?
If 120 ped a day is anything to go on, LAs apart from the hopeful swing upwards in resale price, hold very little earning capacity imo. Discuss :wtg:

No they are not mostly,,,but in case it hasn't been said before, they are worth winning :)

2-3 years is a fine investment and a sensibel..but 10-13 not so much..

I think the big differance is that one land area is not the same as another... in value.

A mod fap is a mod fap.
A hanger is a hanger (with a bit of differance depending on location)
A mod merc is a mod merc
A set of Shadow is a set of shadow

But a land area has way more variance in value. I bet some land areas out there arent even worth 75k... but as people see other land areas selling for 250k 300k 350k, its easy to think 75k isnt enough.

Have a look around, there are some real stinkers out there and there are also some gold mines.

That's true that many LAs are simply wasted by their owners. Too many people treat what they have in EU as a safe bank deposit. Something just sits in someone's pocket/storage and nothing happens with it. When it gains some value it's being sold to another person who will hold it in the same shape... This all builds up estimated price. probably there are many creative people around who could affrod buying LA for 75k, but with expected market price of 250k they won't be able to get one. Another thing is very poor managment of many of them. Like placing annoying, low level mobs on distant LA with Langotz, Narca and Niksa... Which leads to my frequent EU conclusion: some people have just more money than brains lol

I really hope that one day (MA make it very close day plz), we will see ingame safe system of borrowing stuff... Including LAs... But maybe they are affraid of loosing lots of depos, dunno...

Answering the OP, I think that LA can bring not only profit, but also lots of fun with managing it. IF it's properly managed, every LA has some potential (mostly wasted). Never owned one though, so maybe I'm wrong here, but for me it would be fun definetely.

The only land worth buying is TI and CND... but when the new planets come out even then everything could go down hill very risky imo. i certainly know im sick of the crap loot, so if the loot is better on another planet ill stay there for good...

Thats unless MA charge us to use the tp's because they cant just leave hanger owners to ferry 1k's of avatars around... bad anough trying to get to cp/cnd.

Ok so I think we have established LAs could given the right amount of effort work out profitable, how do you ensure MA keep people hunting all types of mob. It seems to me these days you have to hunt new mobs to get decent item drops. With the input of new planets Im thinking Calypso/Eudoria may very quickly become deserted.

Back