Question: Texturing a Coat

Dblood1

Prowler
Society
Calypso Agency Soldiers
Vargavinter Vargen Ragnarok
I have a Cognac Coat i want to get some textures on. Does it have 3 fields thats needs to apply texture on? 200 textures is required or prefered for a field right? So i need about 600 leather or 1800 skin of one sort and find a crafter.

A dream would be to have in longu texture, but it seems that it would cost a couple thousand peds, and to hunt the skins would take months/years, so maybe i need to think smaller

(600x1.5)+83.06%=1647.64 PED

Is how much it should cost for all 3 zones if you buy at market price :)

I would suggest maybe taking a look at how some other textures look on clothing also though. Instead of a pure longu coat, maybe one of the zones be a different texture to add some style to your coat.

Last edited:
Ah yeah thats a bit of a cost just to get one item textured, I have thought about foul texture on Coat and Hat also, maybe thats alot cheaper :)

the Longu coats look realy nice, but is quite expensive.
My coat costed me about 3k ped total and took me around 5 months to gather the resources, get the textures crafted, find a coat for an ok price and then find a texturer that could help me aply the textures.

I only went for 2 fields Longu but with 300 textures per field, I didnt want to risk getting a 85% result after 5 months :)

Koisters calculation does not take into account that the longu texture BP is a limited BP and cost (from what i can remember) about 1 ped per click, so another 600ped there (maby it was/is less).

An advise, if you like the longu look, go for it, if you find it expencive, get some basic textures/color now and make the Longu textures as a longtirm goal.

GL

Check the selling forum, there might even be someone that is willing to sell thir coat right now ;)

hm 5 month´s and 3k ped, guess ill try with some lower textures for my coat and hat then, I think I´ll start camping fouls for some weeks. Perhaps ill end up loosing 3k in the end anyway, hate their loot hehe. Maybe thinking about Cornundus texture too, but huh the horror to camping those sucker

But big congratz on finishing your goal :)

you might want to think about faucervix texture with a nice paint. with navy or dark blue it gets really really dark. like black with some dark blue spots..

Longu does look good, but getting the textures (or making them) is expensive.

Allo is nice too, and I can offer you a mater coat in allophly "off the shelf" if you want one.

Don't forget that when you texture something, just like when you color something, you get ped back for what the process doesn't use...

Right?

Don't forget that when you texture something, just like when you color something, you get ped back for what the process doesn't use...

Right?

Hm if you bring 250 textures to make a field, don´t all the textures disappear if you success?

yes all textures disappear but the person who is texturizing is getting 90% of the TT value of the used texture back....

Even if you don't succeed they disapper.

But if the coat is fully repaired, you get ped back...not sure of the precentage...but sometimes it's a nice little chunk of change...:)

So even if you spend 3k PED on Skins for texturizing a coat, and then the texturizer (Person) gives you back the PED return from the texturing process, Your coat will only wind up costing a fraction of what you paid for the skins

yes all textures disappear but the person who is texturizing is getting 90% of the TT value of the used texture back....

Ahh okey, so if I understand it right. What you´ll end up paying in the end is the markup on the skin/leather + extractors + 10% of value and perhaps a fee the texturer takes for making it?

Well hopefully you would only spend money on the textures....
I mean unless you got texture making skills already and plan on making them yourself.

I mean Longu Textures are selling for .55 PED TT Value with a MU of 160%

So TT Value would be 250x.55.3= 412.50 PED plus MU which would be 660 PED

90% Back on Non used Textures= 594 PED back or so - The texturing cost, which would depend on the lvl needed to apply the texture properly....

Soo..... I would imaging it would only cost you about 100 PED to have it done, at the most in the end.

It goes sorta like this.

IF the textures have a TT value of 100 peds, the person applying them gets 90 peds back regardless as to the result. IE 90% of the TT value is returned as "change". If the item is as full TT. Quite how it works if the item is not at full TT I do not know.

The real cost of texturing an item is not in applying the texture, it's in getting hte texture to start with.

Taking Longu as an example (as I have experiance with it).....

Longu leather is 200%.

To grantee a perfect result takes about 990 longu leathers, crafted into 990 textures by a person maxed on the BP.
900 leathers, at 1.5 ped each is 1350 peds, after markup 2700 ped.
The BP is about 3500%.
Total cost to make the textures is about 3k peds.

You get back 490peds as change.

The textures cost 2.5k peds to make, and have a TT of 544.5.

There will OC be residue, BP's, and other "not texture but with TT value" loots, but these have a value hard to determine. One Hoff, and your longu'd for free.

It goes sorta like this.

IF the textures have a TT value of 100 peds, the person applying them gets 90 peds back regardless as to the result. IE 90% of the TT value is returned as "change". If the item is as full TT. Quite how it works if the item is not at full TT I do not know.

The real cost of texturing an item is not in applying the texture, it's in getting hte texture to start with.

Taking Longu as an example (as I have experiance with it).....

Longu leather is 200%.

To grantee a perfect result takes about 990 longu leathers, crafted into 990 textures by a person maxed on the BP.
900 leathers, at 1.5 ped each is 1350 peds, after markup 2700 ped.
The BP is about 3500%.
Total cost to make the textures is about 3k peds.

You get back 490peds as change.

The textures cost 2.5k peds to make, and have a TT of 544.5.

There will OC be residue, BP's, and other "not texture but with TT value" loots, but these have a value hard to determine. One Hoff, and your longu'd for free.

Alright tnx for explaining, now I know its to expensive for me :/

Just did 1500 peds ammo runs on cornundus to try gather some skin. I got 120 skins. Now i got 1200k PED TT in return, so I lost 300ped. I need 4500skins aprox, with this return. This will cost me over 10k ped at the end. I think ill quit hunting it myself lol.

Last edited:
Ill do Longu as a long term goal, i got tantillion instead. Liked the results:

Ill do Longu as a long term goal, i got tantillion instead. Liked the results:

Yeh, I like Tant too.

Never managed to get the rest to match the coat though.

Back