Centurion and Storm Coats Available!

kpward

Elite
Society
Entropia Outfitters
Darri Darri Ar
Hello again Everyone,

Fresh off of CES in Las Vegas, Entropia Outfitters now has Real Life Centurion Coat and Storm Coat available!! :yay:

Here are some bigger pics than those on the site:

3 Views of the Centurion Coat
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Close-Up on Centurion Cuff

Storm Coat: Front and Back

Check them out at EntropiaOutfitters.com

...also see them being worn at CES by Ambassadors, Terpin PR ppl, and MA folks here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/entropia-outfitters/139282-ces-2009-las-vegas.html

Now Centurion and Storm Coats are Available to everyone!!

More 100% Manufactured Products to come... Stay Tuned. :D

Last edited:
I noticed that the material these are made from isn't mentioned here or on the web site, other than "faux leather". Is that vinyl? Is it backed or in some other way safeguarded from stretching or tearing out at seams?

Thanks!

LOL :)

4 questions...

A) Who do you think will wear this funny coats (except ND) in real life?:scratch2:
B) Who will give 390£ for this coat while with ~250£ you can buy a Hugo Boss one?:scratch2:
C) Isnt it too early for the Halloween collection?:scratch2:
D) As AlphaGeek said this look like vinyl.... If it is leather (which it isnt) use a lighter for 10 sec under one of the sleeves. Leather can stand a flame for 10 sec....Vinyl no!!!!(upload a video with the experiment lol)
TIP: Have a fire extinguisher near you....

Happy sales!!!!:D

I noticed that the material these are made from isn't mentioned here or on the web site, other than "faux leather". Is that vinyl? Is it backed or in some other way safeguarded from stretching or tearing out at seams?

Thanks!

Hi AlphaGeek,

Great questions. Yes, faux leather is a type of vinyl (also called pleather) that looks like leather but is lighter.

All the coats are professionally sewn by a seamstress and seems are loop-sewn inside on the seems. (I can actually take pics of the inside of the seems if that will help)

We buy the faux leather already backed for that exact reason... it makes it more durable. However, these coats are not intended to withstand any type of outdoor conditions. Similar to what is on the website, they are intended to look just like the in-game Centurion and Storm coats, not to protect against rain, wind or snow. :)

Does that answer your questions or no?

darri

4 questions...

A) Who do you think will wear this funny coats (except ND) in real life?:scratch2:
B) Who will give 390£ for this coat while with ~250£ you can buy a Hugo Boss one?:scratch2:
D) As AlphaGeek said this look like vinyl.... If it is leather (which it isnt) use a lighter for 10 sec under one of the sleeves. Leather can stand a flame for 10 sec....Vinyl no!!!!(upload a video with the experiment lol)

LOL, fair points dollar.

The coats are fun to wear to events, conventions, and RL meetups.

Hugo Boss is a nice brand but it is not yet available in-game... these coats are replicas from in-game. That was the intension.... and with any luck the Cry2 implementation will give us 1000% more detail so we can make more and greater replicas of many other in-game items.

Actually your Halloween costume comment is a good idea... ;)

Are those fair answers?

darri

Last edited:
Those coats are awesome. I certainly loved to wear the Centurion during the CES show :D
They are a bit expensive, but considering how much it costs to produce them (Hugo boss coats are mass products and therefor cost like 50 bucks to make) its a fair price for both sides.

Oh and $ilicondollar...any reason why you convert dollar prices into pound quotes when everybody in EU kinda counts in dollars since the ingame currency is tied to it and when even your name contains the dollar, even kinda twice :confused: :scratch2:
I mean, why for the sake of it, didnt you call yourself £iliconpound then :scratch2: :laugh: ;)

Hey yall, fair questions and comments from everyone. Darri did a great job at answering them but I just wanted to throw in my 2 "cents".

Material yes faux leather is a vinyl. This is to achieve a good quality with low cost for your benefit. Leather was our first choice but we wanted to appeal to all budgets. And ofcourse leather is MUCH more expensive.. However leather will be an option in the near future.

If you plan to take a lighter to any of your clothes Ide suggest you do it to some old underwear rather then a new coat you just purchased... even if it is leather ;-P

Who is gonna to purchase the coat and why... Well thats a bit of a personal question... What you wanna do with the coat is up to you... these are limited edition coats just like those ingame so having one can be rewarding. We have tons of couples in game, who knows what kinda fun you can have with them in that department :wtg:. lol. Also like Darri and Z said they are a lot of fun at conventions and meet ups.

Boss is nice... if you like that sort of thing ;-P Personally I stay away from boss lol. But I could never tell the company that makes boss that its product is not a good idea because I Personal don't like it. Because I know there are others out there such as yourself that do find it appealing. Just as we know there is a number of people like ourselves that like to have a little fun and have a replica from our ingame characters. (which is much cheaper then ingame coats might i add ) haha :)

Honestly we are just here providing a service.. These coats are there for people who want them... Those who dont, we have pleanty of other apparel and accessories you can choose from. This is just one of the many things we offer at EntropiaOutfitters.com :)

EricJL Brink

Would it be likely that a version of the storm coat will be made from cotton in the future? (and possibly white rather than greyish-silver)

I might be interested in one then.

I think it is a fun idea to make clothing replicas of what we wear in EU. I think the coats look just like the in game ones, nice job. :)

On the other hand, I would not be caught dead wearing one of those in public, but that is just my personal opinion.

Cheers :beerchug:

Nice coats!

Btw, could one order something like a basic pattern shirt textured with Fugabarba? ^^

4 questions...

Well, the IRL ones are cheaper than the ingame ones ^^

Nice coats!

Btw, could one order something like a basic pattern shirt textured with Fugabarba? ^^

Hey Somon,

The "Design your own Entropia Shirt" is coming soon. You will choose the item (mug, mousepad, shirt, tanktop, etc.) then u can choose an existing design to put on it or u upload your own!!

We feel this will allow for any Entropian to enjoy their experience better.

Coming VERY soon!!

darri
;)

Would it be likely that a version of the storm coat will be made from cotton in the future? (and possibly white rather than greyish-silver)

I might be interested in one then.

we are experimenting with different materials. The reason we didnt use a cotton like material was because you couldnt achieve the shine like the coats in game. However stay tuned custom items are coming very soon.

If I can get an anti-grav suspensor suit free with a coat purhcase I might go as Baron Vladimir Harkonnen for Holloween next year. hehehe

All kidding aside good job on the coats and good luck with the sales.

If I can get an anti-grav suspensor suit free with a coat purhcase I might go as Baron Vladimir Harkonnen for Holloween next year. hehehe

All kidding aside good job on the coats and good luck with the sales.

lol how about a drink cozy ;-P
sfe4.jpg

Omg, that is geeeky!

Good initiative to make replicas of in-game items.

Looking forward to an Isis, DOA, or armor replica :)

hey MKdesign,

We connected with a couple replica makers after GEN CON a few months back.... armor is a great idea but talk about off-the-charts expensive unless u have volume. SHEESH!

Anyway, those are great ideas.... we are expanding as the continued community support allows! :D

darri

Last edited:
yea try and by Star Wars replicas and look at the price of those. We seen a lot of guys that spend a lot of money on stuff at Fan Expo in Toronto.

And where do you think a guy with a storm troooper outfit wears his too? it's for the 1 day of the year or the bedroom :)

I"m still waiting for Onica to order the Princess Leah Gold Bikini.

yea try and by Star Wars replicas and look at the price of those. We seen a lot of guys that spend a lot of money on stuff at Fan Expo in Toronto.

And where do you think a guy with a storm troooper outfit wears his too? it's for the 1 day of the year or the bedroom :)

I"m still waiting for Onica to order the Princess Leah Gold Bikini.

...so the Wookie costume not doing it for you anymore? ;)

:laugh:
darri

the coats look great. i saw them in the CES pics and wondered where the hell they came from.

gl with the venture!

Haha, this thread is awesome.

When I get the money, and after I have gotten the stuff that I need.

Thsi centurion coat is my next bought'n item. <3

Awesome!!

oh phooey . . . I probably won't have any spending cash until these are gone too "pout"

well, I am getting a full length leather coat soon!! that may suffice until I can buy/make one of these.

The idea to make them in cotton or something other than vinyl is a good idea too . . . some of us don't do well in vinyl ;p :ahh:

Love the new venture . . . you guys rock!!

jewels

;>

oh phooey . . . I probably won't have any spending cash until these are gone too "pout"

well, I am getting a full length leather coat soon!! that may suffice until I can buy/make one of these.

The idea to make them in cotton or something other than vinyl is a good idea too . . . some of us don't do well in vinyl ;p :ahh:

Love the new venture . . . you guys rock!!

jewels

;>
Yea we are looking into thise.. Now you have to understand this isnt your fetish tight vinyl that you see on lets say our OJ models at CES. as amazing as they made it look. This is an actual faux leather. So it has all the characteristics of leather just not the price.. Only thing different is the smell " and the fact that you dont want to wear this coat if you are a fire stunt man" as pointed out by one of our more scholastic entropia forum users.

the coats look great. i saw them in the CES pics and wondered where the hell they came from.

gl with the venture!

Thx Skippie. We will be offering new products/services often so Stay Tuned! ;)

darri

(which is much cheaper then ingame coats might i add ) haha :)

This is very true... and ALSO very scary that people have let a video game become so expensive... what's this world coming to???
I guess the same could be said for Armor.... I could outfit a small platoon with deflective flack vests for the price of a set of PoE or Carramone..... :( But then again.... Being able to shoot funny looking creatures in a video game is MUCH more important than RL anyway.... :rolleyes:

Back