Question: Events for miners?

Should MindArk make a dedicated miner event?

• Yes, bring it on

Votes: 155 81.2%
  • No, things are running well this way

Votes: 30 15.7%
  • Other - post plz

Votes: 6 3.1%

• Total voters
Hi

There are events tailor made for miners and crafters coming soon along with some long awaited events to;)

Justin.

What is he meaning here? Like Aaah, the egg thingy?

Great news btw, ty for bringing this :)

Last edited:
Ahh, the egg...

ofcourse they should... :yay:

Marco commented on this after the Merry Mahem event.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...37601-merry-mayhem-2008-a-10.html#post1691834

That comment prety much indicates MA attitude. But also, we all can see how much effort and balancing are spent in hunting stuff and how much in mining.
If MA will put same effort to develop mining, as they did in hunting, popularity results will be completely different.
Ofcourse at current state Marco ar 100% right. Mining compared to hunting are in stone age, and crafting mostly ar endless clicking/autoclicking on particular BP with hoping on some nice drop.
Land owners dont even have chance to make miner event, only hunting events are available in MA interface. So all other events must be done manualy, with posting screenshots in forums etc. That ofcourse lowers peoples intereset dramaticaly.

What MA can to?
*Make skills work in mining:
I mean realy work, not just allowing to use better finders. If you can use finder, which one can find all available minerals, at level 14-30 (TK120-TK320).
That just makes no sence. You cant use any L uberguns at such levels.

*Also person leveling disciple or person, who just accidentaly took mining tools to check out how it goes, hiting huge towers or even ATHs makes no sence. In hunting your chances to hit some insane uber 40k,50k,60k+ with low skilled person are almost nonexistant. When we open hunting ATH, we can see, most of the list are filled with peoples who realy putting an effort in hunting. And i can say they realy deserve theyr ATHs.
In mining when we open ATH list, we see prety much oposite situation. Most ATH, specialy top 10 or so, belongs to kinda casual miners or nonminers at all.
Its kinda strange and sad, when peoples who actively mine with amps for many years, can say - my first tower will come some day.... (tower is 4k+). I mean they never had even 1. And when you sometimes check entropiatracker, you see some peoples who got less then 10 globals/hofs in last year and 2 oem was 10k+ tower. That makes no sence and definetly dont push peoples to become miners and work hard on it.

*Also you can use best mining amp at level 10. Strange...
Technicaly by chiping in like 3 15+ ped prospecting chips you can become miner. :D And use prety much all needed tools.

*Make mining events available for land owners.

*Make miners to be something like archeologist. Its makes sence to find some ancient technology piece or artifact when diging/mining ground? Right?
Yes some pieces was find by miners, but its like some hunters looted IMK2 or imp fap aswell :D I am not saying every miner must find 10 rare artifact pieces per month. But still some nice find here and there can make peoples happy.

*Give some or more UL finders,extractors, amps to miners, like you do with hunters.

*Give some special miner bags to carry more ore. Implement some weight reducing miner container or something (i mean specialy for ores with great weight reducing) - crafters will be happy aswell.

*Make events where you can win good prizes, which ones benefits miners. Like light armor (like Jaguar), mining tools, maybe some "miner" weapon for selfdefence :laugh:, maybe some LA designed specialy for mining as great prize.(for example you cant put mobs on it or so).

*Finaly make your own claims apear in radar. Its just retarded to look for claim in some areas. Implement some maping sistem, where miner can put some personal notes on areas.

*And finaly, for love of god - do something with Amethera map, at least add 1 more zoom level. :D Actualy current EU map system looks like from 20 century :D

There are plenty of ideas, what MA can do and implement, to make mining prety much interesting and exciting and a lot of peoples will gladly follow that way. And some of those idea arnt so hard to implement as it looks.

The ways to make interesting events for mining is almost endless but I wont come up with examples here cuz it might make em undoable in MA:s eyes ;)

Im gonna hint tho that there are multiple ways you can alter Bombs , Armor and finders to make mining more interesting :cool:

Marco commented on this after the Merry Mahem event.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...37601-merry-mayhem-2008-a-10.html#post1691834

That comment prety much indicates MA attitude. But also, we all can see how much effort and balancing are spent in hunting stuff and how much in mining.
If MA will put same effort to develop mining, as they did in hunting, popularity results will be completely different.
Ofcourse at current state Marco ar 100% right. Mining compared to hunting are in stone age, and crafting mostly ar endless clicking/autoclicking on particular BP with hoping on some nice drop.
Land owners dont even have chance to make miner event, only hunting events are available in MA interface. So all other events must be done manualy, with posting screenshots in forums etc. That ofcourse lowers peoples intereset dramaticaly.

What MA can to?
*Make skills work in mining:
I mean realy work, not just allowing to use better finders. If you can use finder, which one can find all available minerals, at level 14-30 (TK120-TK320).
That just makes no sence. You cant use any L uberguns at such levels.

*Also person leveling disciple or person, who just accidentaly took mining tools to check out how it goes, hiting huge towers or even ATHs makes no sence. In hunting your chances to hit some insane uber 40k,50k,60k+ with low skilled person are almost nonexistant. When we open hunting ATH, we can see, most of the list are filled with peoples who realy putting an effort in hunting. And i can say they realy deserve theyr ATHs.
In mining when we open ATH list, we see prety much oposite situation. Most ATH, specialy top 10 or so, belongs to kinda casual miners or nonminers at all.
Its kinda strange and sad, when peoples who actively mine with amps for many years, can say - my first tower will come some day.... (tower is 4k+). I mean they never had even 1. And when you sometimes check entropiatracker, you see some peoples who got less then 10 globals/hofs in last year and 2 oem was 10k+ tower. That makes no sence and definetly dont push peoples to become miners and work hard on it.

*Also you can use best mining amp at level 10. Strange...
Technicaly by chiping in like 3 15+ ped prospecting chips you can become miner. :D And use prety much all needed tools.

*Make mining events available for land owners.

*Make miners to be something like archeologist. Its makes sence to find some ancient technology piece or artifact when diging/mining ground? Right?
Yes some pieces was find by miners, but its like some hunters looted IMK2 or imp fap aswell :D I am not saying every miner must find 10 rare artifact pieces per month. But still some nice find here and there can make peoples happy.

*Give some or more UL finders,extractors, amps to miners, like you do with hunters.

*Give some special miner bags to carry more ore. Implement some weight reducing miner container or something (i mean specialy for ores with great weight reducing) - crafters will be happy aswell.

*Make events where you can win good prizes, which ones benefits miners. Like light armor (like Jaguar), mining tools, maybe some "miner" weapon for selfdefence :laugh:, maybe some LA designed specialy for mining as great prize.(for example you cant put mobs on it or so).

*Finaly make your own claims apear in radar. Its just retarded to look for claim in some areas. Implement some maping sistem, where miner can put some personal notes on areas.

*And finaly, for love of god - do something with Amethera map, at least add 1 more zoom level. :D Actualy current EU map system looks like from 20 century :D

There are plenty of ideas, what MA can do and implement, to make mining prety much interesting and exciting and a lot of peoples will gladly follow that way. And some of those idea arnt so hard to implement as it looks.

There is no i repeat NO person that can say anything better or more then this, i fully agree with all, sad thing is this is not just one opinion this is a FACT !!! gj Morse

Definetely events for miners would be great. I'm mostly a hunter, but I think that leaving miners and crafters somewhere at the backstage is unfair.

I just hope these events won't come with yet another "skilling bonuses". At least not to often.

Hi

There are events tailor made for miners and crafters coming soon along with some long awaited events to;)

Justin.

Well guess its the first time I hit a "HoF" here on EF cause someone from MA noticed me and one of my threads.:silly2:

Thx alot for coming here and to give something ahead to us.

Now im gonna clean my:drool:.
:ahh:

Back