Amping an EnMatter finder.

TheOneOmega

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Marie TheOne Omega
Well I thought I would try amping my EnMatter finder for a bit just to test it out, and I was simply wondering how it works. My first hit, a IV, contained 2.09 TT value of EnMatter (Lyst). IIRC, that is about the minimum quantity a IV should yield. Is the Amp not working correctly? Is there something I must do other than equip it to the Finder?

Everything is working as it should, the amp is working correctly as you found a IV, instead of a III, the amp already increased the yield and that is transparent to you.

You probably hit a III, and with an amp, it turned into a IV. That's how they work

Well I thought I would try amping my EnMatter finder for a bit just to test it out, and I was simply wondering how it works. My first hit, a IV, contained 2.09 TT value of EnMatter (Lyst). IIRC, that is about the minimum quantity a IV should yield. Is the Amp not working correctly? Is there something I must do other than equip it to the Finder?

.... Lyst is ore..? :scratch2:

I have been thinking of puting together a more full explanation of "How Amps Work" because this a common question and though lots of times you hear the answer it shifts the claim size, that in my opinion is not entirly true. It adds a % Just cause you are rocking out with a 108 amp, doesnt mean your smallest hit will be VIII or better.

Lyst is no enmatter... and what did you expect, tower on first bomb?

Well a tower would have been nice :D

I just did not know if it was working properly or not. I have given up on the Amp now, as the decay cost is too high for my liking.

If you stick with the 101 amps starting out it should`nt be too bad. But without some mining skills you may be better off skipping the amps for a while. Once you get some areas you like that are consistent for you you can start trying the amps again and should have slightly better results.

Back