Intel graphics problems - The solution

Alien

Stalker
Society
The Calypso Rescue Team
Many people, ingame and out, have problems with intel graphics chipsets not playing EU correctly (Also other graphics cards incapable of handling EU) - Hence I am writing this guide to provide assistance to them!

So, if when you start EU either you see a big red X on your clientloader next to 'Graphics Card', or when you get ingame you see only land and sky, no avatars, non-textured avatars and variations thereof - This guide will hopefully help you back on your way to playing.

There are just a few simple steps to getting EU playable once more.

Download 3DAnalyzer version 2.26 - It is CRUCIAL that you download 2.26, not the latest release!
You can find it here: http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/archive/
A direct link to the .exe file is here: http://www.3dfxzone.it/files?object=3dfx&objid=114

Once you have downloaded the .exe, run it and install the 3DAnalyzer.

When it has installed, open up it's containing folder and highlight everything. Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+P) it all into your EU directory (Usually C:\Program Files\Mindark\Entropia Universe\)
Make sure that it is in with the Entropia.exe, Clientloader.exe files, etc.

Once it has all pasted in, double-click the 3DAnalyze.exe (The one inside the EU folder) and you will be presented with this screen:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Click the second Select button, and select Clientloader.exe (In this guide I've used Entropia.exe and it works, Clientloader.exe is best though)

Now, in the VendorID and Device ID boxes, enter the numbers under 'ATiRadeon 9800 Pro' (VendorID: 4098, DevideID: 20040)

Now we're almost there! Just one more thing to do: Configuring the emulator for EU.

Look at the picture below of the correct settings to use to get EU working properly.

Just incase thge picture's not loading - I'll also list them here along with the frame name that they're in:
(Performance)
Untick Force anisotropic filtering

(Pixel and Vertex shaders)
Tick Force max pixelshader version 1.1
Tick Skip pixel shader version 1.4
Tick Skip pixel shader version 2.0
Tick Force high precision pixel shader

(Hardware Limites (cap bits))
Tick Emulate HW TnL caps

(ANTI-DETECT MODE)
Tick Shaders

You can save a batch file by clicking the button at the bottom to save going through all these steps again, just run the .bat to play EU.

There you have it, problem solved. Thanks for reading my guide and I hope that I help some people get EU back up and running so they can once again enjoy the game!

Last edited:
Ok, first +reps for an awesome find. Secondly.... Cool tutorial.... 3rdly, It won't work. Tells me my installation is outdated, when it is not ;)
Troubleshooting here I come ;)

Ok go tit, I HAD to use the ClientLoader.exe file, not the Entopia.exe inthe launch sequence.

COOOL It works! Awesome thanks

Thanks for that info Jaas, strange how Entropia.exe works for me (Or does it :laugh:)

I'll change it in the guide now, +Rep to you for testing this!

VU9.4 Bump!

Thanks Alien

It works fine now.

Pre-VU 9.4, I was using exactly the same input to 3d Analyze, except with blank fields for VendorID and DeviceID. When VU 9.4 hit, Entropia started behaving as if I was not using 3d Analyze at all. Entering the ID's 4098,20040 fixed the problem completely.

:wtg:

EDIT: delete my stupid question but please answer this VVV

also if i may add some info, i have a lenovo thinkpad r series (r61i) computer, entropia says my memory and everything else works fine its just my video card that is having problems.

i have a mobile intel(r) 965 express chipset family video card, when i log into entropia everything is great except my screen is grey and i can only see black avatars and some building and tps.

is it even worth the time to do this or am i doomed to not play entropia for a long ass time?

thanks

i did this and got no differnce maybe its something else? if not :(

Last edited:
i feel like crying this is so frusterating

i hit run and it says it cannot copy what should i do?

also could one of you give me a link for a driver update for Mobile Intel R 965 express chipset family graphics card please? i honestly have looked for 2 hours and i cannot find anything and when i do download them they do nothing

this is absoultly the most gayest shit ever

Did you copy and paste all the 3DAnalyzer files into your Entropia Universe folder and run it from there?
It won;t work otherwise :)

its works thanks man :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

No worries, glad I could help :)

I've bolded the part about copy+pasting the files into your EU folder so it stands out a bit more and doesn;t just look like a big rambling piece of text.

Did you copy and paste all the 3DAnalyzer files into your Entropia Universe folder and run it from there?
It won;t work otherwise :)

I've been using the same settings posted by Carona in 2007 (here) and I never had to copy the 3DAnalyzer files into the Entropia Universe folder.

So maybe that little trick might do the difference for the ones who continued facing problems inspite using the correct 3DAnalyzer settings :)

Nice guide!

thanks to this i now have EU running no probs on my MSI Wind 100 netbook.

:D

Thanks for this helpful post. +rep for your effort and time.

My old PC it's done so now i use a crap video card intel ( 64 m )... i use this 3d analyzer and i only tick "emulate max sim textures" nothing else :) Btw version 2.34 others don't work .

Hiya,

Anyone also has problems seeing textures with with 3D Analyzer?

Everything else works fine, but can't see any textures :(

Hello im trying this and this isnt even loading up the game. Im loading with .bat and that dosent work. I click on run in 3d Analyzer and that dont work. All files are in the directory were the .exe file is in..

when i load the game i get this error

Obsolete, invalid, or outdated installaion.
Please retry starting the Entropia Universe
again in a few minutes. If the problem isn't
solved automaticaly within an hour you probably have
to re-install the Entropia universe

I keep getting that message and i know my password is correct.

Any ideas? please help

thanks
lucky

Hello im trying this and this isnt even loading up the game. Im loading with .bat and that dosent work. I click on run in 3d Analyzer and that dont work. All files are in the directory were the .exe file is in..

when i load the game i get this error

Obsolete, invalid, or outdated installaion.
Please retry starting the Entropia Universe
again in a few minutes. If the problem isn't
solved automaticaly within an hour you probably have
to re-install the Entropia universe

I keep getting that message and i know my password is correct.

Any ideas? please help

thanks
lucky

Re-install the Entropia Universe?

Well i can log in without using 3d program but i cant log in using the 3d program i get the error i previously mentioned. Not sure what the problem is though

it takes away the glitchy graphics ty. Only problem is it takes for ever to load up twins :D (probly due to the 1 gig ram in my note book)

it takes away the glitchy graphics ty. Only problem is it takes for ever to load up twins :D (probly due to the 1 gig ram in my note book)

How did you get it to work. For some reason this is not working for me at all

How did you get it to work. For some reason this is not working for me at all

I followed the instructions exactly but had to do 1 other thing since note book has vista run 3dfx as Admin and that was it make sure to follow each step again and also use client loader.exe

I followed the instructions exactly but had to do 1 other thing since note book has vista run 3dfx as Admin and that was it make sure to follow each step again and also use client loader.exe

yea thats what im doing but its not letting me in its still giving me the same error

yea thats what im doing but its not letting me in its still giving me the same error

are you using the right version of 3dfx ? the on with the direct link in first post ???

if you are then post a screen shot of how you have the settings set up. Mabey you missed somthing. All i can think of atm:confused:

its works thanks man :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

your EU directory (Usually C:\Program Files\Mindark\Entropia Universe\)

hello brother --- it's really a fantastic subject and i've gotten every thing you explained but the destination of the folder that i suppose to put in ..,,, I haven't gotten it So could you please clear it!

I'll be waiting for your reply
Regards

your EU directory (Usually C:\Program Files\Mindark\Entropia Universe\)

hello brother --- it's really a fantastic subject and i've gotten every thing you explained but the destination of the folder that i suppose to put in ..,,, I haven't gotten it So could you please clear it!

I'll be waiting for your reply
Regards

If it's not in that directory you'll have to find which it is in :)
Run a search on the C drive for Entropia.exe, and you'll be able to see the directory it's in

hello.
I'm sorry for being late and that because my master course has started. I already made search on the the requested folder but I haven't found it so, could you please help me!
and my windwos is Vista home basic
Sorry if my language isn't clear because it's not my native language.

This is a really cool find. MindArk should incorporate this into Entropia and make it accessible to more players.

Holy Jebus talk about akward timing. I just rebuilt my desktop to bare minimum standards due to budget constraints. I have the on-board INTEL 82845 display adapter. I could not run the game correctly. Lagged badly, graphics loaded slowly, avatars all white. I have no idea how to run the .bat file (I hope dragging it to the client loader (in which prompted me to REdownload the game... grr...) never the less I hope this works...

Back