Intel graphics problems - The solution

your EU directory (Usually C:\Program Files\Mindark\Entropia Universe\)
Make sure that it is in with the Entropia.exe, Clientloader.exe files, etc.

hello brother --- it's really a fantastic subject and i've gotten every thing you explained but the destination of the folder that i suppose to put in ..,,, I haven't gotten it So could you please clear it!

I'll be waiting for your reply
Regards

press start menu then type entropia in search an it will show where its located here is a pic

Reminder: software work-arounds like this will NOT perform like actual hardware. This work-around will get you in-game, but do not expect stellar performance!

Nevertheless, it's good info and the OP is to be commended for sharing it! +rep

Another think that might help is GMABooster. You can find that here:
http://www.gmabooster.com/

Supported chipsets are Intel® 945GM/GME/GMS/GSE and 943/940GML/GU Express featuring GMA 950 and it can give you up to 2.4x better power by "overclocking" More details here.

Thanks Alien! I tried the 3D Analyzes and it works! I can play EU now (On my comp on work)! But the ground is black! Is there any sulution to make the ground visible?
Would feels better to see the ground where I drop my bombs! ;)
All the best! Hotte

Still not working for me...

To begin, forgive me for being so computer illiterate. I bought this game for my son, he's getting a blank screen, they say I need to get a different graphics card but I'm pretty sure I can change some settings in 3D Analyser and it should work. I tried it, ticked all the settings you said above and this is what I get....a window that pops up saying "C:\Windows/system32\cmd.exe". It won't go past that, even though it started to start the game, then just reverts back to this popup window. Please help. Thank you!:scratch2:

Alien, tried the method and get this error... any idea what could be wrong? Thanks!!!

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Not working

It did not work for me. I have NVIDIA 6200 grraphic card. How can i use this software efficiently.:eyecrazy::scratch2:

Alien, tried the method and get this error... any idea what could be wrong? Thanks!!!

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

As for this im not sure since looks like you have a old version of windows???
mabey this affects it.

Mabey Mr Alien will come here soon and say if he knows.
But for me i got no clue.

It did not work for me. I have NVIDIA 6200 grraphic card. How can i use this software efficiently.:eyecrazy::scratch2:

For Me it works on vista..
which says alot
Its a real bitch unless you know how to get past the problems.

Phone Bill Gates and complain :D

Or buy a new gfx card :p

sorry not much else i cant think of i will see if there is anything else i cant think of late atm :p

edit:

Winterborn look @ settings looks like you have set somthing wrong

pixle and vertex and shader

force max. pixle shader version 1.1

try that mabey it will help

Last edited:
look above

hope that helps if not then post again but i have no clue

but yes all looks fookd up with using these settings but eu plays so be happy as i was :D

if not Go eat some emm NM :D

I don't know why different settings work for different people.. The most universal settings are in my first post - Make sure you double-check you've selected/deselected all the correct ones :)

If it still doesn't work, try ticking a few more boxes, unticking a few boxes, or most likely both.

If it then works for you, please post your new settings so that in the future, others can try them if the 'universal' settings don't work.

:)

Alright, so i used this little tool before to get Oblivion to work. Okay great, my little Intel 945 can actually do something. Next problem is, I can't see mobs. I can see everything (That I'm aware of) but the mobs. Now I have tried your settings though... it made the game look worse and run slower (Possibly from forcing a lower pixel shader?) but still no mobs. Then I turned wireframe on just to see if the meshes were even there... they weren't.

Any suggestions? Oh an by the way, I am very glad someone posted up the 3D Analyzer, and what settings to use, I know this has helped many.

hello ...

my graphic card characteristics are:

INTEL(R) EXTREME GRAPHICS REPORT
Report Date: 06/27/2009
Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 11:27:41
Driver Version: 6.14.10.3943
Operating System: Windows NT* 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
Default Language: English
DirectX* Version: 9.0
Physical Memory: 1271 MB
Min. Graphics Memory: 8 MB
Max. Graphics Memory: 64 MB
Graphics Memory in use: 8 MB
Processor: x86
Processor Speed: 2399 MHZ
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x2562
Device Revision: 3
* Output Devices Connected to Graphics Accelerator *
Active Monitors:1

Will 3d analyser installed with this card will help me to play EU?

I just checked with the online tool and found out that I have Intel® 845G

so, tha updated question is:
Will 3d analyser installed with Intel® 845G card will enable me to play EU?

CE2 settings for 3dAnalzyer?

Anyone have an idea how to make it work with the new CE2 vu? setting it up like before will not work..

settings

Its posible with 3d Analayzer get Vertex Shader Ver. 1.1 from 0.0 version? :confused:

i tray, but dont work :(

Anyone have an idea how to make it work with the new CE2 vu? setting it up like before will not work..

it wont work, at all. You need a new comp in that case.

I have done some testing and hex edited the last directx files that shiftshader have released and that works. But without the option to adjust the settings it will lagg like crazy..

Hehe just want the option to run the game from my laptop when i'm not at home basicly so upto now 3dAnalyzer has been working like a charm for that purpose but now it only crashes .. seems like its in conflict some how with the new clientloader? Might have something to do with the runtime files ?

I have done some testing and hex edited the last directx files that shiftshader have released and that works. But without the option to adjust the settings it will lagg like crazy..

Hehe just want the option to run the game from my laptop when i'm not at home basicly so upto now 3dAnalyzer has been working like a charm for that purpose but now it only crashes .. seems like its in conflict some how with the new clientloader? Might have something to do with the runtime files ?

doubt it, the intel chip is just totally incapable of running the new client i think. you will see squat ingame also.

ive done everything.. when i run .bat file.. it will run and open up eu .. but i dont see the vendor ID and device ID that ive put in and saved ? why.. how can i fix that? please helpppp lol

thanks

I have no idea if 3DA will work with CE2 now.. But I don;t have much hope for it.

As such I don;t really know what to suggest doing. But that doesn;t mean it won;t work..

Experiment!

common Alien..get on the ball and to work so I can login lol. Thank you so much for helping me so long ago. If you happen to hear of a solution let me know. As it stands, I won't be playing EU any longer.

Hmmm...

..I followed the advice and I'm a little scared to experiment so before I do that I just wanted to tell you that when I log in, and get to the creating your avatar (again if i want) my girl is all black. Nothing else just her....
And I don't want to press accept, 'cause i don't know what she looks like. =)
Anything obvious I have missed?

Woops.. saw the setting-ce thread and just let's wait on MA to give the go on this

Last edited:
Wait for ma to decide hey you can use this now?

Um why?

Personally form what Ic an read the issue with the funky avatar stems from an IN WORLD setting that at the avatar stage we can't touch.

but that's just a guess since the sys reqs page says this.

System Requirements Based on Graphics Quality Settings

In the Options-Graphics window in Entropia Universe you can adjust the settings for the General Graphics Quality. This will influence the realism of the graphics but also performance. Below are the system requirements for each Graphics Quality option.

See the edit general Graphics quality.

Well that can't be reached in avatar mode. And much like rebekeans all black girl I'm afraid to just accept to. Per those high very high choices I should be able to pick high with my set up. but no choice to pick it I think is why my barbiedolls all yellow with no skin pigment etc.

If I can use this to get my avatar set up then monkey with that in world setting once in I think i'll try. If I wait around for MA to fix it i'll never get back in to play.

Well guys like to inform that intel 965 with 3d analyze works... slow ... very very very slow ... but works.

I installed the lateste driver then Entropia accepted only got a black screen. So used 2.26 to emulate HW caps. and it gave me a login screen yeah yeah:yay:

Even got it running without 3d analyze. So intel is supported then i guess

Last edited:
Last edited:
works on Intel you say Ranpha? If you find things about that which have to be done to make it work, pretty please post them... I'm still seeing no luck. The game still acts as though it were detecting my physical graphics card, rejecting it, and aborting.

It's some gnarly old Intel card. 3D Analyze 2.26 fixed it pre-vu10.

Only some intel cards work somewhat. Basically, no intel graphics card has any 'pixel shader' or 'vertex shader'. If intel reports it does, that is because they emulate it in the drivers.

Emulating is very slow, meaning you need a computer that is on average twice as powerfull as one with a normal ati or nvidia graphics card. Since Vu 10.0 requires much more capability from a computer, what worked before, may not work now.

So in other words, for some very powerful computers and some of the latest intel chips it works somewhat because the drivers emulate the shaders reasonably, but for older drivers or chips, or not so powerful computers with intel graphics, it will never work properly.

Effects you will see with intel, are the hands coming out of heads etc and growing hands and so on.

This doesn't work anymore, if I don't have pixel shaders, I just get an error about the engine not being able to find compatible devices.

Also, for other games, when using Vista or Win7, consider running 3DA as administrator.

Unsticky time?! :)

Back