Question: Google Calypso...

mycokerewards

Guardian
Society
Global Alliance
Johnny "Millionare" Smith
Imagine Google Earth, detail after detail of roads, houses, land masses, and rivers. But what if you make this real life software go on Entropia Universe. Alas, you now have Google Calypso, the new mapping system that is actually a globe instead of the traditional maps. This has not been done yet, though. Think about it, though; this time imagine the TP's appearing on the new Earth and see Atroxes roaming the plains and oil rig. Imagine seeing malls and outposts appear in better picture when zoomed in than the zoomed in sorta blurry EU maps....

If this sounds like a great idea, please post your comments and additional stuff that could come out of this idea..... :silly2:

sidenote...

This may be a little off topic :)offtopic:), but why is it when you zoom into the Entropia maps, it gets less detailed and more blurry. I am sure MA could do it, but it is kind of lazy (no offense, though) that MindArk just zoomed in the picture without editing the 2x or 4x after it so it looks more sharp.

More levels of Zoom on the maps is a feature which I believe many people would like to see. Especially when trying to teleport. Amethera is much larger than Eudoria so the highest level of zoom corresponds to the second level (or even the first level) on Eudoria.

i was thinking this exact thing the other day. even without roaming atrox or mobs it would be cool to just see, BUT would be a huge task. think about it, some of the fun is finding the new tp's, if you just scrolled around the map looking for them the exploration element would go so you would need some sort of shroud around areas you havent visited which be a bigger job still :)

Good idea though :)

Google Calypso with Fog of War then :)
But not even google calypso, any improvement with maps would be nice. Especially better zoom.

The OP assumes that there is any curvature of the terrain here, and that the spatial relationship of the two continents is firmly established (some good work on someones part utilizing a FL/locator bug gave us some clues, but MA hasn't)...

The world is flat dude.

davidgr1200's suggestion of better zoom would be great though!

zoom is good and all...

Yes, MA should put more zoom into the EU map, but first, they have to put as much detail into the zooming as its level, because if you zoom 10x by the way they have done it with 2x and 4x, it is going to be just a greenish or sandyish view of the viewing area in where you can't tell where in the world, or Calypso, you are.

You don't own a teleport chip yet, do ya OP?

From what I've head MA is still changing parts of the surface every now and then. Of course that's not a reason why neither in-game map nor Google Map are impossible but this has to be considered.

I tired that, it made my browser decay.....

eudoria + amethera

If MindArk should create this Google Earth (they could), they have to connect both continents with the oceans. This would allow a person able to swim across the sea and reach the other continent. So as a personal opinion or true fact (with evidence), do you think currently that a person could swim all the way to Amethera from Eudoria and vice versa? Or can you only reach the 'opposite side' only through TPing?

Last edited:
Something like uncovering the map would be great... same as in Guild Wars. Then later, a version where you can see the uncovered area on a globe would be even better :). I think some things will change when CE2 come... Whenever it be :/...

Anyway, quite a nice topic has started here.

just dont show the location of other avatars. or keep it foggy at lootable PVP areas :silly2:

...do you think currently that a person could swim all the way to Amethera from Eudoria and vice versa? Or can you only reach the 'opposite side' only through TPing?

Give it a try and report back... or...

SEARCH THIS FORUM since the question is already answered

Back