Pirate Vs. Ghenu

LOL.

Why would you send in a support ticket for someone trading freely in a game that's set up to be like a free market in the real world? That's almost like sending in a support ticket to MA saying that you can't make peds freely becuase sweating takes time and time is money....

yeah why would someone send in a support ticket for that, is what im wondering my self.

So please hold back your pre-judgments of 'he's a scammer' just because he's trying a different and new approach in this untrustworthy universe.

Lol, did you actually read my posts?

:popcorn:

Oh and I demand Amarula!

Lol, did you actually read my posts?

Sorry, the first part of my post was about you and how I could perceive some sort of anger from you towards Pirate for no reason. I then went off on one and by the time I talked about the part you've quoted me on I'd stopped referring to you. Sorry for misunderstanding especially if I inferred information incorrectly from your post.

Sorry, the first part of my post was about you and how I could perceive some sort of anger from you towards Pirate for no reason. I then went off on one and by the time I talked about the part you've quoted me on I'd stopped referring to you. Sorry for misunderstanding especially if I inferred information incorrectly from your post.

Your perception fails you - there is no anger.
I can understand that you predominantly want to see the positive sides in this as an investor... but you seem to miss my point entirely.

Business and trust are touchy subjects - bringing a service to attention the way it is done here doesn't imply that this service is something to place your bets on. Sure, one has to start somewhere... but to challenge someone who enjoys public confidence to that degree? Especially for someone who basically only resells ores/enmatter, one of the most hated things you can do...

Maybe let me condense this as follows:

"I'll pay like 0.5% more, but you 'll miss out on the trust for that - and if something doesn't work as expected i can't compromise because it isn't even my money i am dealing with here"

And that i see it this way is Pirates own fault - he came up with the comparison to lebanner... what a damn bad idea.

ok can someone please explain to me the difference of reseller?

because if someone baught sweat at really low price, and sold high they are
considered reseller scum...

then some person comes along with a few pretty graphs, and says i will give you a little % back, even though hes still buying low and still selling as high as he can.

to me there isn't any difference between the 2.

so why are we not accepting when some people resell, but its ok to publicly commit to others that say they resell?

is it because of the lack of pretty graphs, and projected professionalism?

so if i would put up pretty charts and post a investment fund, or business plan for this, could i get a free pass to buy sweat dirt cheap and sell really high with out fear of a ban?

:twocents:

Arf

Reselling sweat is generally frowned upon because those who do resell sweat often buy below market prices, generally (not always) from new players who have no idea of it's actual value, and then resell at a profit. In the case where it is an unaware new player that is being purchased from, this is seen as opportunistic. Taking advantage of ignorant people is scamming.
If you're at the point in-game where you're hunting/mining and on-selling loots to resellers such as LeBanner and Pirate, I'd go so far as to say, you should certainly have an understanding of how to judge the current market values of items based on the in-game facilities available to you and as such you are not ignorant and less likely to be taking advantage of.

GL Pirate :wtg:

Reselling sweat is generally frowned upon because those who do resell sweat often buy below market prices, generally (not always) from new players who have no idea of it's actual value, and then resell at a profit. In the case where it is an unaware new player that is being purchased from, this is seen as opportunistic. Taking advantage of ignorant people is scamming.
If you're at the point in-game where you're hunting/mining and on-selling loots to resellers such as LeBanner and Pirate, I'd go so far as to say, you should certainly have an understanding of how to judge the current market values of items based on the in-game facilities available to you and as such you are not ignorant and less likely to be taking advantage of.

GL Pirate :wtg:

so how is a 5 year old player that knows game trends pretty well not taking advantage of a 1 year player that is selling ores at current MU.

when we know the 5 year player will sell few months down the road when prices go back up.

i don't think a 1 year player knows market trends well, unless they are business savvy person.

so clearly that is a case of taking advantage of, because if the 1 year player knew the trend would raise the price in a few months i think that the player would hold onto the items until then.

but we could probably talk about case scenerios for hours.

so where does this madness end?

Arf

so how is a 5 year old player that knows game trends pretty well not taking advantage of a 1 year player that is selling ores at current MU.

when we know the 5 year player will sell few months down the road when prices go back up.

i don't think a 1 year player knows market trends well, unless they are business savvy person.

so clearly that is a case of taking advantage of, because if the 1 year player knew the trend would raise the price in a few months i think that the player would hold onto the items until then.

but we could probably talk about case scenerios for hours.

so where does this madness end?

Arf

so why is everyone so concerned about wut i do with my stuff?
i may sell it today, tommorrrow or in 10 yrs or maybe i just have good contacts..
all it matters is i pay 2.5-3% intrest per week and also make some profit for myself.

so why is everyone so concerned about wut i do with my stuff?
i may sell it today, tommorrrow or in 10 yrs or maybe i just have good contacts..
all it matters is i pay 2.5-3% intrest per week and also make some profit for myself.

its not specifically about what you do with your stuff, but what your class of people does (Trader/Reseller).

since everyone was backing your idea i thought to poke the minds of the people that went with your strategy to answer why possibly they see some traders as good people and some as bad people even though trading is trading.

though some types of trading are ethical issues. and some people care about ethics and others don't.

Sounds like a nice ponzi to me... where do I sign up?:cool:

its not specifically about what you do with your stuff, but what your class of people does (Trader/Reseller).

since everyone was backing your idea i thought to poke the minds of the people that went with your strategy to answer why possibly they see some traders as good people and some as bad people even though trading is trading.

though some types of trading are ethical issues. and some people care about ethics and others don't.

so i dont have ethics?
wut ethics would you associate with ghenu?

this sounds like a good idea :) GL mate

Your perception fails you - there is no anger.
I can understand that you predominantly want to see the positive sides in this as an investor... but you seem to miss my point entirely.

Business and trust are touchy subjects - bringing a service to attention the way it is done here doesn't imply that this service is something to place your bets on. Sure, one has to start somewhere... but to challenge someone who enjoys public confidence to that degree? Especially for someone who basically only resells ores/enmatter, one of the most hated things you can do...

Maybe let me condense this as follows:

"I'll pay like 0.5% more, but you 'll miss out on the trust for that - and if something doesn't work as expected i can't compromise because it isn't even my money i am dealing with here"

And that i see it this way is Pirates own fault - he came up with the comparison to lebanner... what a damn bad idea.

You seem to have taken Pirate's thread to heart as an all out attack on Lebanner. He didn't come out and attack Lebanner in anyway, he's simply advertising an alternative to Lebanner and trying to get in on what many perceive to be a Monopoly held by Lebanner. Of course calling it a Monopoly is wrong since Lebanner can't manipulate the market in such a way that a Monopoly can and there are plenty of traders in Twin, PA etc who are there 24/7 to buy from you instead of Lebanner but when you go to Hades C and see the long queue behind Lebanner it's safe to say that a large % of regular miners trade with him. Good on Lebanner for getting to this point for he's done brilliantly however sooner or later if left unchallenged his grasp on the ore/enmatter reseller trade could indeed turn into a true monopoly when other traders cease dealing in ore/enmatter due to Lebanner dealing with every miner first.

This isn't a dig at Lebanner, I do admire him for his work, but it's just simply a statement that competition is always good and healthy especially for our EU economy to keep those ore prices just about right for possible profit but by not pricing out the crafters as a result. So please don't attack Pirate for simply offering something new especially since he's done so without attacking Lebanner as you seem to think but by simply stating his business goals, identifying his main competition and hoping the people of EF and consequently EU give him a chance at least before dismissing him completely.

See you all in game and GL,
MJ.

OK subscribing and a question

So the "buyers" they have to tell you what they want, how much the markup is and the amount or infinte? Do you give a time frame in which you will deliver the needs?

Just imagine I´d need 100 Dark Lavender Paint Cans for max 300%
or Burgundy for 200%

Well, maybe we should meet in Game and start with some trials :D

OK subscribing and a question

So the "buyers" they have to tell you what they want, how much the markup is and the amount or infinte? Do you give a time frame in which you will deliver the needs?

Just imagine I´d need 100 Dark Lavender Paint Cans for max 300%
or Burgundy for 200%

Well, maybe we should meet in Game and start with some trials :D

as i get em ill deliver em..

u can tell me when u want me to stop supplies

so i dont have ethics?
wut ethics would you associate with ghenu?

i said some types of trading are ethical issues, such as taking advantage of people that are not in the know like sweat camp new people would be one case study.

Ty for first intrest payed out :)

Same here 1 weeks interest paid :).

interesting...

This is interesting... next question is how long can he keep up paying interest???... Part of the reason STTS recently went to a % of profits model vs the original 1% interest model of payments to investors was because over time, that % of payment grows substantially to a point where it far exceeds any possible profits.

Kinda confusing post mastermesh for people not having the English language as their first. But the way I understand your post and than I see it is not relevant in this particular case.

In this game I am not too good with trust because I have been scammed two times by people I thought I knew well for a few years. However I had decided to try to trust someone for one last time and therefore I invested in mr. pirate because after talking to him he has a good business plan. Also he payed me my interest today and I have upgraded my investment in him. So far only positive things about this from me. Also it is very good that I talk to him almost every day, so we build up a relationship and get to trust each other. So only positivity from me at this moment.

''pirate''...hmmm?is not a very cool 'name' for me..in a trade or any bussines.But i can say about Lebaner many good things....i know this guys for some years...is a nice trader..almost every miner sell to him if is on ..ofc:).Trifle was a nice trader too:)..very nice girl.So..i vote with Lebaner Ghenu...if r free votes..ofc:):wtg:

I don't sell ores to resellers anymore exept some rare times on CND because it can be usefull there.

I sold ores and enmat to lebanner in the past and he had the best markup i could find and he was often online.
so my vote will go to lebanner for his professionalism :)

''pirate''...hmmm?is not a very cool 'name' for me..in a trade or any bussines.

Yeah, I'm waiting for the future thread : Pirate Vs R. Devil :laugh:

Ty for 2nd intrest payed out :)

G L on your venture Pirate :wtg:

And I have to say the only "challenge" I can see to Lebanner in the OP is on the % paid, and that should be a good thing for all of those who dont want to hang on to theire stuff for days,weeks,months. Also, some competition is good, and if Pirate can keep up the same online time and availability that Lebanner have, I think he can do good.

About the roi on investments I say its very good, hell, if I could get 2,5% a week on my RL savings I could quit my job, living of the interest, and I live in a high cost country.

S V ;)

Sorry for my broken English

Ya, Silver I bet the tax rate in Norway hurts :).

As for trust, well its hard to earn and even harder to put on someone. Pirate has paid interest to a few investors I know, so as long as I keep getting interest and get my principle back when I request it Im happy.

Talking to pirate much like Trif, I trust him more and more. Hes got good connections and hes doing very well.

As for his rates to leb, well last I checked Pirate was doing approx -3.5% to -4% on stuff up pretty high, while last I saw of Leb he was doing I think -3% to -6% or higher depending on stuff... but thats the last I saw it.

To each their own, if you have enough stock on hand then its worth it selling yourself if you dont need PED right away. If you need PED to keep doing what you do, and you dont have a good supply for selling on auction without losing more to fees/commisions then a reseller price then its useful to use reseller.

Theres always pro and cons to using resellers so it all just depends on your own situation.

Last edited:
Back