Added Google maps to Entropedia

That's great! I didn;t know google maps had that functionality..

One small thing I noticed:
You can keep scrolling left and right and see the map repeated over again

Now all we need is someone covering all of calypsos surface using screenshots to add some higher resolution, might be smart to wait with that until CryEngine 2 though..

That's great! I didn;t know google maps had that functionality..

One small thing I noticed:
You can keep scrolling left and right and see the map repeated over again

Yes I dont know how to turn that off. But its not really a problem ;).

Cool :)

The map reverts to maximum zoom out if you change a setting or use the dropdowns. Is there any way to stop that happening?

How do we add directions from TP to TP ;)

Very nice.

Pretty cool.:)

Yes I dont know how to turn that off. But its not really a problem ;).

Because the earth is round, probably ?
It's time that Entropia becomes round also.

Great job :yay:

nice...

Nice addition to EU. :yay:

Next step: now, try putting it "ingame", MA. I may come with the CryEngine, it may not. Best hopes.

Thanks, to whoever added it. :D

very interesting. I'm sure many people will find it quite useful.

it was fun to play around with.

nice... but...

But its not really a problem
nice but... uh... yes, it is a problem since you missed a whole continent! LOL.

Cool :)

The map reverts to maximum zoom out if you change a setting or use the dropdowns. Is there any way to stop that happening?

Its fixed now. Although this should not happen according to the developers, I had to program it manually :scratch2:. But there are more issues, like updatepanels not working.

How do we add directions from TP to TP ;)

Very nice.

I can always add extra layers on request ;).

nice but... uh... yes, it is a problem since you missed a whole continent! LOL.

It would be a total mess to put both continents on one map because they both use their own coordinate system. But you can switch continents using the tabs.

What a nice improvement!
I always had a grudge towards the old maps on Entropedia :)
Fantastic :)

Added JaxMap overlays. You can now zoom into the cities (and actually see something). Thanks to Jjax for allowing to use his maps.

Not working for me right now :(

Just displays the world map

Not working for me right now :(

Just displays the world map

JaxMaps are part of the worldmap, its a layer thats on top of it. It becomes more clear when you zoom in on a city.

Awesome!!

I love it . . . such detail too!

I did notice that Atlas Haven still boasts a stable on the map . . . may have to fix that LOL

;>

When I zoom in a lot to see the detail of a city, I can distinguish anything from the map. Maybe a message of "Details Not Available" could be added after a certain level of zoom.

JaxMaps are still updated? I mean, when MA will introduce a new TP will there be someone to update the overlay?

Great job so far Witte. :thumbup:

Sitram

When I zoom in a lot to see the detail of a city, I can distinguish anything from the map. Maybe a message of "Details Not Available" could be added after a certain level of zoom.

JaxMaps are still updated? I mean, when MA will introduce a new TP will there be someone to update the overlay?

Great job so far Witte. :thumbup:

Sitram

You should see full detail at any zoomlevel. Maybe you have to wait a bit for the tiles to load but over here they load in 1 or 2 seconds. If you mean that the map gets blurry, you can turn it off by checking off the "ingame map" checkbox.

As for the JaxMap overlay, I think he sometimes still makes an update. But I requested for a map without TP's and such, so that those can be updated in the Entropedia layer instead.

Jax tries to update his maps pretty regularly, though when there are major changes like there have been recently with the new LAs and changes to TI, it can take him a little while to catch up.

He works hard at it, and whenever there is a map update we always see more of him in soc chat than usual :D

when is street view coming? :)

seriously well done!

Wow Buur, well done!

Yes JaxMap is still updated. I just posted new Amethera maps this month. It takes me a little longer than it used to but RL keeps getting in the way.

But I requested for a map without TP's and such, so that those can be updated in the Entropedia layer instead.

I'm getting there...

Yes JaxMap is still updated. I just posted new Amethera maps this month. It takes me a little longer than it used to but RL keeps getting in the way.

I'm getting there...

Thanks for your work Jjax :thumbup: and thanks guys for clarifying this.

+Rep from me for a well done job on those maps. ;)

Also added CND. Although its not really an exciting place, and creature and ores still need te be added. But at least adding new maps works properly, so bring on the new planets :).

Witte,

I must say it looks great, but is would be nice if you and Jax could sync. your maps so that we don't see double info (outposts and PVP lines). But don't rush it, I love it the way it is now to :)

Would be nice if MA would give us some more detailed maps, but I'm hoping CE2 will bring those to.

When I look at the maps now, I can't see the map of the continent. If I zoom in then I can see the map briefly but then it disappears.

Here's an example of what I see:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I've tried disabling/enabling the various options but nothing seems to help.

Using IE6 on XP.

When I look at the maps now, I can't see the map of the continent. If I zoom in then I can see the map briefly but then it disappears.

Here's an example of what I see:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I've tried disabling/enabling the various options but nothing seems to help.

Using IE6 on XP.

It used to work fine in IE6? Cant really think of anything specific I changed, I just cleaned up some obsolete code AFAIK. What happens when you turn of ingame map and jaxmap?

Nothing, I get the same result.

I dont have IE6 myself, so I cant find out whats wrong. I took a look at the code, but nothing seems changed. Maybe its a good oppertunity to update your browser? ;)

Back