PERC's first treasure hunt.

Dash Smashing said:
As I said.

the clues are *everywhere* in this thread. about.. once or twice per page. =)

Ok..Ok..quit rubbing it in Dash...lol

I think I may be hot on your heels too..

note the word think...

I have to admit that this has been loads of fun..so much so it gave me a raging headache...:D

Ok i think i might almost have it just waiting for Starfinder to get back to me,
but where dose the letter posted come into it?

anyone?

:dunno:

now that a couple people have reached the location, i think i can let slip starfinders secret about the letter.

if you flip the back of the letter, and overlay it over the front of the letter, the dots might lead you in the right direction. =)

[same place the barrels lead you]

PM sent, thumbs crossed :D

And Dash, that letter.. I can't get anything out of it :confused:

Grrr i know iv got it right now after a little chat with Dash but Starfinder is not on STILL i want the 2nd part NOW :(

Has anyone got the 2nd part yet?
i sent the coords off 3 days ago and Starfinder said he will send the 2nd part off soon :poke:

jena said:
Has anyone got the 2nd part yet?
i sent the coords off 3 days ago and Starfinder said he will send the 2nd part off soon :poke:

nope..at least I haven't. I think Starfinders been busy working on PERC stuff atm.

Right... First of all.. Sorry it has taken so long.. Loads of work irl...

Second.. Instead of PM'ing the second part to everyone Im just gonna post it here... To get the treasure you have to give locations to both the first and second part.

Second part:

//
The circle of eight is guarded by the circle marksmen.
No foe can enter safely.
The vessel is put to rest.
Brave men dosent remember their origin anymore.
//

Hope you find it :D

Starfinder is the treasure actually at a location now? Or do we contact you if we reach co-ords xxx to claim it?

You contact me.... I dont wanna place something on the ground :D

Ah okay, so your looking for co-ords again. Approximate co-ords or near exact required?

Its a place... loaction name or coords if you dont know the name of the place will be fine..

The brave citizen "DashSmashing" has found the treasure... It is now up to him what the faith of the item will be.

Gratz Dash !!! :D

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the armies in the north, err.. Wait, no, thats wrong.

WOOT! =))

Yes after seeing the clues thismorning and worried that everyone already had a head start as they'd already replied to the thread and SF had replied back I was really worried.

So I sent in my first guess right after I read the poem...

Starfinder said:
//
The circle of eight is guarded by the circle marksmen.
No foe can enter safely.
The vessel is put to rest.
Brave men dosent remember their origin anymore.
//

There are 2 bunkers per side at the oil rig, 2x4 = 8. 8 bunkers guarding the rig.

No one can safely enter pvp2

The oil barrel is 'dropped' to rest every 15 mins.

Dying at the rig sends you to the corner of eudoria, instead of Nymph.

but,

THAT WAS WRONG.

So, I re-read the poem again.. and finally all the greek mythology we've been talking about 'clicked'.

'Eight' in greek is 'Octo' .. OCTAGON!

So, which octagon was it? .. Anyone figure it out yet? ;) [no prize unfortunately for guessing.]

But thats where I met Starfinder, and my reward was well worth the effort!

HOF CITY! ;)

unfortunately I lost the screenshot of us in the octagon trading the prize. =/ damn laptop crashed.

It was a garnet worth 150 ped!!

Its red and shiny.

My preciousssss..

Anyways, for everyone who hasn't visited this page, Im giving you the chance to leave the rock you've been living under. Its a great tool for anything PE related. It also features Pricefinder, used for tracking auction results/trends/indicees. A must for any professional PE player.

anyways, thanks to http://www.perc.info/ for sponsoring the event! =)

ill keep you all updated as to what happens with the garnet. ;)

Gratz, it was at Billy's right? I went there before I went out but didn't have time, also wasn't 100% sure.

GHILL said:
Gratz, it was at Billy's right? I went there before I went out but didn't have time, also wasn't 100% sure.

It was Billys,Dash informed me on IRC.I went there too but was accosted by a rude begging noob so I left

I kinda got hung up on the Brave Men don't remember thing for a bit but realized it was a reference to the Elysian Fields..so thought it was Hades. But Hades doesn't have an Octagon...lol

Duhhh I realized too late that Star meant the Afterworld (Billys) and was going to PM him with the location when I saw that he announced Dash as the winner. Good thinking there Dash!

This was incredibly fun..I hope that we can do this more often!

Heck.. I may sponsor one myself..:)

hmmm..everyone will hate me... :D

So someone finally won this one, eh? ;)
How long did this take?

Congratz Dash!

Darkscorp said:
This was incredibly fun..I hope that we can do this more often!

Heck.. I may sponsor one myself..:)

hmmm..everyone will hate me... :D

=)) Thanks for the Gratz everyone, maybe once I liquidate the garnet Ill hold my own mini event.. Im sure I can come up with some greek clues.

=)

Grats dash :D

looking forward to ur "mini-event with Greek questions"

Back