Can I put this in a post... Loud people vs silent people...?

Status
Point was specifically explained by Xzion here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/1810787-post45.html
I'll quote:
He is speaking about that when it comes to the disscution about balancing and rebalacing the current crafting/hunting system if it has any weaknesses at high-level hunting and crafting, those words who should weight the most is those who do it the most, ofcourse, becuse these are the persons who gets affected the most, that is for me completly logical.

So, because someone owns a large share of stock in a company, the smaller investor's opinions are completely invalid, and shouldnt be given a second glance? While the larger company may have more experience, the smaller investors are not to be considered as on a lower level of intelligence, just of less experience.

I still find it holarius, that everyone that seems to post here either

haven't read the posts proper or -
haven't spent the time understanding them or -
just are unable to understand complex posts.

Don't worry - in the future I will try to be as native so childs can understand it...

*ROFL*

This isn't hilarious at all Tom ... and making the above statement is just your way of now defending yourself against people who have read your original and follow-up posts, and for the most part, collectively disagree with your position on what's valid and not valid input based on a personal criteria. There's nothing wrong with having personal preferences with regard to what you feel is valid input, and you certainly have the right to design your game play and personal development around whatever criteria you choose.

However ... to make a public statement in the manner you did, obviously caused part of the community to take you to task on it ... myself included, but let me break down your original post in a way that may help you understand why.

* * * * * * * * *​

Im not the most experienced in the game by far, but I still have 4 years of XP compared to mr 12 hours in game complaining or wondering.

I don't think ... that anyone is disputing the fact that being around as long as you have gives you more experience as a whole, but where the issue comes in is where you begin to devalue the importance of the experiences of those below your level.

Specifically ...

Hence I do not know if I can DEMAND this, but I sincerely hope my words are valued much more than Mr. 12hrs in game's words are valued.

I would hope, that anyone that cycle more than 90-150.000 ped through your gun or mining gear or crafting machine monthly will be louder than me.

But also that anyone doing less than 90-150.000 ped would be just a mere whisper in the wind when it comes to discussing things like for example how things are balanced in the game.

Then ... place a very pronounced emphasis on really listening to people such as Buzz and Auktuma as the voice of value when they post.

I value and really LISTEN when Buzz Erik Lightyear or Auktuma writes a post...

There's no denying ... that Buzz and Auktuma are brilliant and well-seasoned crafters, and have shared their valuable experiences with many, but ... it doesn't mean that those individuals with lesser skills or time spent in a crafting profession don't have value to add as a result of their learning experiences.

Also ... you emphasize that you value players in your soc, or people you know to be experienced and can analyze those experiences like you do ... which is not a bad thing ...

I value when every experienced player in my soc or one that I really know is experienced starts to analyze and share the analyze like I often do...

But ... then you continue to completely devalue the experiences of others that may be important to them in their learning process either in world, or at this forum, and do it in quite a rude manner.

But I really don't give a flysass if someone around a corner discuss why it is Ambulimaxes gives less sweat today...

I really don't care if someone decides to collect all pizza faps (FAP5, 10, 15 and so forth), until they realize their collection wont ever be complete.
I don't really give a shitfuck if someone complains on this forum - that they lost $10 a day...

And ... very arrogantly state that your game is bigger than the meager experiences of those who aren't the "larger ones, the more experienced ones" ... and guess what? ... there's nothing really misunderstood in that statement ... it's about as clear as any native English speaking person could put it.

My game is bigger than those things I don't care about, but I try to learn from the larger ones, the more experienced ones...

With regard to the following ...

And my point would be that they should be valued on how much experience they have in the matter of the discussion...

I wouldnt even go into a discussion on how crafting or mining works, Im not capable of that... But Im sure as hell capable of evaluating if its a good or bad day hunting specific mobs

While length of experience certainly has its value ... it doesn't mean that someone less experienced in a profession doesn't have something of value to contribute based on their own evolution of personal experience and how they navigate in our virtual world. Dynamics have changed Tom, and it's highly possible for someone without a lengthy history in EU to come up with something new that might be of benefit to the community.

Also ... people join discussions for a variety of reasons. New or less seasoned people might join a discussion on crafting or mining because they want to learn, or maybe share what their experiences have been as a new person and get input. How you handle a discussion like that is what sets you apart from those who are accepting of it and utilize it as an opportunity to teach, or set someone on a better course, rather than discounting the value of their input because they aren't larger or bigger than you.

We all can't be well-versed in every profession ... and why cooperative interaction is a wonderful way to learn and teach, but when you start to exclude people based on what you perceive to be unworthy because of less experience than you, then you're dismissing a part of our community with the potential to truly add more value than what you give them credit for.

Keep in mind ... that we all don't just stick with one profession, but try out several, and therefore, will engage in discussions to share our experiences, and gain valued input from the experiences of others. I agree that there are sometimes threads and posts that would be better off not shared with the community, for any number of reasons, and ...

With all due respect ... this thread is one of them Tom, because you would have been better off just making a personal decision to ignore those threads and/or posts that don't have value for you, and just get on with it, rather than causing the type of interaction you have in this thread, because for the most part ...

I don't feel ... that your original post was misunderstood at all based on what I highlighted above, nor based on the responses that the majority of the posters in this thread gave.

If enough people dont understand your opening post, the fault lies with your lack of clarity in explaining your post and not with the intelligence of the people replying.

Thanks for explaining MindStar9 - if I had any EFD left to donate daily I would have.

I have EFD on my account, but apparently only a certain amount can be awarded a day?

Uhm...

I however do value input from n00bs, from newbies, but the input from the 10year in game often is the input that gives tip the scale and gives me the best input.

Rarely - one person that clicked once on basic pattern pants, shot his first bery young, found his first melchi crystal... - might be the one giving the best advice, but - based on my experience, thats once in a million that happens. ;)

Since I find 1/1.000.000 kind of rare... I would rather listen to the input from an experienced user... Or - reads their comments first... If time allows I might read input from the previously mentioned persons.

Thanks for explaining MindStar9 - if I had any EFD left to donate daily I would have.

I have EFD on my account, but apparently only a certain amount can be awarded a day?

Uhm...

I however do value input from n00bs, from newbies, but the input from the 10year in game often is the input that gives tip the scale and gives me the best input.

Rarely - one person that clicked once on basic pattern pants, shot his first bery young, found his first melchi crystal... - might be the one giving the best advice, but - based on my experience, thats once in a million that happens. ;)

Since I find 1/1.000.000 kind of rare... I would rather listen to the input from an experienced user... Or - reads their comments first... If time allows I might read input from the previously mentioned persons.

I'm going to be the first to say, "Wait, what?" here. Firstly, MS9, I think, said you devalued the opinion of newbies. So you agree that is your original statement. Secondly, you say you would take the advice of an experienced player over a newer one. Common sence, check. Thirdly, I do not truly think anyone can give you advice in this game based on in-game experience. You can give someone a general idea of what to do, where to go next, give them the coords to the next TP; but that is basically the equivilent of saying, "go to Entropedia and do what is mathematically most likely to work." I've gotten great advice here, but whether it was from a new player or uber is not what I looked for. The fact is, they give advice, and it is up to us to choose what we listen to. It is not up to you to shut people out.

Uhm...

Thanks for your response Tom ... I really appreciate that you expressed yourself further, and I can fully understand the level of value you apply to someone who tips the scales greater with more experience, than those of the examples you gave. It seems logical in the way you just explained it, and would have to agree that someone who found his first Melchi deposit would be seeking knowledge more than dispensing it, or giving advice.

Thanks also for being open ... and amenable to entertaining a different perspective with regard to how this all started out, but perhaps we can all agree that everyone's experiences have value, and that we just make personal choices as to what advice is more important to us.

In the end ... it's all good, and there's plenty of room in the sandbox for everyone to enjoy their experiences. :D

but perhaps we can all agree that everyone's experiences have value, and that we just make personal choices as to what advice is more important to us.

The gist of my post, in case my 4:00 AM typing was a bit hard to understand.

Uhm...

I guess the point you are making here is so trivial that it goes without saing. Not really worth a thead? I am kind of confused though, one moment you are talking about balance, and the next you talk about how to play the game. These are two completely different subjects.

Thanks for your response Tom ... I really appreciate that you expressed yourself further, and I can fully understand the level of value you apply to someone who tips the scales greater with more experience, than those of the examples you gave. It seems logical in the way you just explained it, and would have to agree that someone who found his first Melchi deposit would be seeking knowledge more than dispensing it, or giving advice.

Thanks also for being open ... and amenable to entertaining a different perspective with regard to how this all started out, but perhaps we can all agree that everyone's experiences have value, and that we just make personal choices as to what advice is more important to us.

In the end ... it's all good, and there's plenty of room in the sandbox for everyone to enjoy their experiences. :D

But... I still havent changed any opinion MindStar :laugh: I still would value the input from an veteran much more than from the melchi finder - not that the very new starter cant accidental find a real good idea - even blind hen can find a corn right... :ahh:

This is an MMO forum, not a EUWiki that should only contain holly instructive information.

I enjoy reading experiences and talks of ubers and 1 day noobs alike, no one is forced to read any content here.

But... I still havent changed any opinion MindStar :laugh: I still would value the input from an veteran much more than from the melchi finder - not that the very new starter cant accidental find a real good idea - even blind hen can find a corn right... :ahh:

Okay, then this thread was a completely pointless, opinionated one that didn't effect anyone (except maybe lowered opinions of you?)

Sorry to be so blunt about it, but I reall don't see any further point in staying here. Good night, EF!

Last edited:

Point that we all got from your previous posts, was that you WOULDN'T value any opinions from anyone lower than yourself. Now you're backpedaling like a politician caught in a 6-way lie?
I understand english is not your native language, so I'm going to make a suggestion (and I mean this with the best of intentions, mind you) - have one of your native english-speaking friends proof read a thread such as this before you post it, to insure that it says what you want it to say, in the appropriate way - so that there are no more confusions.

But back onto point, no kidding @ your point. Anyone with more than 2 months in EU knows this point, usually by the obvious fact that almost anyone in the game longer than them usually has better gear/skills/knowledge.
This does NOT mean, however, that you won't get the frakkin' geniuses with no game history coming in, and ending up making a fortune by doing something different than you.
Every person thinks differently, has different methods of reaching goals in their mind, and it's almost a cold day in hell when more than 2 people agree on a similar reality construct. Instead of criticizing and denigrating noobs who want to post "what they've learned or think of the loot system", post constructive criticism instead, or do the magical reverse - don't even bother hitting the "reply" button.
Seriously, it'll cut out extra minutes of your day, minutes you can use to make yourself more uber in EU, go out with friends/family, make yourself a drink, etc.

I think about everything that needs to be said by me on this subject has been said, and again, +rep to MS9 for her in-depth post which outlined pretty much not only what everyone was reading Tom as saying, but also the aggregate responses to his readily-understood viewpoints.

Fair enough ... I'm done then! :hammer:

Sorry theBuzz,

I know everyone goes through these moments at some point, lots of people have.

But man, I have never seen this level of correspondence from you.

It is almost like your trying to harm yourself and reputation :confused:

It is kind of painful to watch, are you on medication, totally stressed out, lacking a lot of sleep or something like that ?

It is not doing you any good, unless your looking to be good friends with the trade terminal for the majority of your loot at some point.

Sorry i do not mean to be insulting but seriously mate. :scratch2:

Sit and listen to that Youtube video of the nutcracker suite I posted earlier.
It works wonders ! ;)

Vodka on ice has a similar effect too if your not into classical music :D

Ok look, from a friend ...

This is all I could find in the spur of the moment, but please give this a read, have a laugh at it, maybe give some of the exercises a go :)

You are seriously worked up in a bad way and need to release some of your fixed attention in a healthy manner. What your doing here is not healthy for you.

Have a read : http://www.avatarepc.com/html/attention(eng).pdf

Sorry theBuzz,

I know everyone goes through these moments at some point, lots of people have.

But man, I have never seen this level of correspondence from you.

It is almost like your trying to harm yourself and reputation :confused:

It is kind of painful to watch, are you on medication, totally stressed out, lacking a lot of sleep or something like that ?

I do not care much about my reputation really - And besides I got most of my reputation by now by being an unique personality that word my opinions - regardless if other people share these opinions or not...

I stand by my opinions and doesn't let a whole herd of people form and shape my as they want me to be... I'm *me*, I do know what I stand for, I do know who I respect and look up to in game and IRL, and I do know who I absolutely do not look up to.

My basic point was and will be:
Postcount low = person is either new on this board - or ONLY posts valid posts. (Example: Auktuma)
Postcount huge or high = person posts loads and loads of useless posts or just want to be "famous" :silly2: (Example: Find that page with top posters..)

Ok look, from a friend ...

This is all I could find in the spur of the moment, but please give this a read, have a laugh at it, maybe give some of the exercises a go :)

You are seriously worked up in a bad way and need to release some of your fixed attention in a healthy manner. What your doing here is not healthy for you.

Have a read : http://www.avatarepc.com/html/attention(eng).pdf

As friend he's noticed a serious change in your attitude and behavior...

Sugested you should follow your own advice and listen to the advice of an experienced lavawalker...on how to cool your heals and chill...:cool:

Last edited:
Postcount low = person is either new on this board - or ONLY posts valid posts. (Example: Auktuma)
Postcount huge or high = person posts loads and loads of useless posts or just want to be "famous" :silly2: (Example: Find that page with top posters..)

I said I was done, BUT ... this part of your post just absolutely confirms everything that the majority of the posters in this thread expressed in their opinions. Your above assessment is so personally skewed it isn't funny any more, no matter how many silly smilies you use, and certainly not based in fact. IMO ... you have basically disrespected a large portion of the membership at this forum with your (yes I'm going there) narrow-minded thinking. It's arrogant, self-absorbed, and incredibly rude. :rolleyes:

Very likely Mindstar9 - but tell me why... everyone that dislike my thinking, seems to be the forum whores in top20 in this rank list?
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/index.php?do=activitystat

EDIT: Not everyone in that list replied, but everyone that did - is opposite my thinking, and everyone thats oppose what I say seems to on very regular basis just posts non constructive posts...

Edit2: Basically it seems I just disrespect the top posters and not the ones that really have a valid opinion and rarely posts...

And you needed that much text to describe this single basic point?! A point that is obvious for as long as forums exist :yay:.

In which category does my post fit then? I have 450-500 posts, dunno exactly, but I am on this forum for almost 4 years I think. That would make me a category 1 poster right?!
So I am not new on this board, I haven't made tons of posts, but... I don't consider this actual post to have any value at all. Wouldn't that make me a category 2 poster then?!

I mingle in in a discussion about the value of posts and opinions. The thread starter has over 2000 posts and this long thread made him already quite some more. So he is actually using his own flaming against useless postings to make more useless postings himself.

And still, all though I consider myself as some one who makes more good/relevant posts then crappy postcount upping posts, I do participate in this thread. Why?
in this case I think it has to do with lack of work at my job, making me able to spread my work load during the day and lruking the forums a bit more.

Some people have this opportunity all the time, not only when it's quiet at their jobs. Maybe they have a handicap, or maybe they are lazy housewifes... maybe they have no social life at all or maybe they call themselves theBuzzz...
For what ever reason, some people enjoy spending time on the forum more then actually playing the game. Some others only post when they really have something to say. Some people take forum status much more serious (or way to serious) then others. And some post 450-500 posts in 4 years from which about probably 50% are crappy posts and 50% are serious posts.

Then what's their category?! Am I a 50/50 poster who has to be complained about because he cannot make up his mind and decide between serious postngs or posting rubbish and scrappy threads like this one?!

Cut the crap dude, stop putting people in boxes. Ignore the posters you don't like. With emphasize on you, because maybe quite some others like those posts because they post the same way and have a jolly good time all together.:wtg:

Very likely Mindstar9 - but tell me why... everyone that dislike my thinking, seems to be the forum whores in top20 in this rank list?

EDIT: Not everyone in that list replied, but everyone that did - is opposite my thinking, and everyone thats oppose what I say seems to on very regular basis just posts non constructive posts...

I am certainly very far from being in the top list :laugh: but I disagree too. I just wished this read was dying down on the lists because the more you post the less respect you earn with it. You sound more arrogant with every post you make, sorry to say. Yeah you might be uber, and you want us non-ubers listen to what you guys up there say, but seriously keep talking and soon nobody will listen to you anymore.
Being uber does not give you a plank ticket to worship you in my book. It's the actions that count, not the skills. (You could chip in all you want, but that'd still leave you a noob, lol)

As I have said before this forum is not only here to share experience and scientificly proved facts based on people testing things, etc. If I want to know something I ask or try to find the prolly already existing thread for it, BUT *I* am also here to make new friends I would possibly never have met ingame, cause my routines and/or timezones are different to theirs.
Please, don't tell me how and when I should post in here, it's rather simple, if you don't like people with less experience than you, or people who post too much then don't read their threads, or put them on your ignore list. Saves you a lot of hassle and would make you be genuine again, because if they'd really gave you that much headache you could simply ignore them instead of whining about them and therefore getting the attention you seem to need. :scratch2:

But then again, who am I to question things? :laugh:

Edit2: Basically it seems I just disrespect the top posters and not the ones that really have a valid opinion and rarely posts...

The thing is ... what you think of those individuals that you are pointing out (and potentially starting a war here), is a personal opinion, and certainly unfair to say that they basically post non-constructive content. While I may not agree with every single post that they make, it doesn't mean that their posts don't have merit in one respect or another, and ... I have benefited from some very insightful posting by many of those you refer to.

Did it ever occur to you ... that perhaps how you respond to people may in fact invite the kind of replies to your threads and posts that you get? Everyone isn't going to think the same as you all the time Tom, and when they don't, it's really unfair of you to put them into the categories that you do. You're really being closed-minded about all of this, and that's a shame.

So I am not new on this board, I haven't made tons of posts, but... I don't consider this actual post to have any value at all. Wouldn't that make me a category 2 poster then?!

There are exptions, you for example, as well as some others might have done 500 very usefull posts, or 5000 very usefull posts.
There are also those who have made 5000 useless posts, and those who have made 2500/5000 usefull posts, rest useless. its very hard to make an example like this tho.

But roughly drawn those are the two catherogies there are, with some middle things and what not, i mean everyone here is so much diffrent.

But to take ur place in category 2 you have to be like me ATLEAST; Post a lot of non-make-sense bullshit most of the time just generaly forum whoring becuse you enjoy this forum, rather then using it as a information source or such.

Everything isnt black and white, that was an example, i guess you are somewhere in between? Maybe group 1.5? ;)

Beside, whats so bad with beeing a forum whore anyways? i enjoy it.

The thing is ... what you think of those individuals that you are pointing out (and potentially starting a war here), is a personal opinion, and certainly unfair to say that they basically post non-constructive content. While I may not agree with every single post that they make, it doesn't mean that their posts don't have merit in one respect or another, and ... I have benefited from some very insightful posting by many of those you refer to.

Oh I didn't say WHO on the top20 list it was - and I did state that it wasn't everyone of em... So if they chose to feel insulted - its their own choice, and probably its rightful then..

Did it ever occur to you ... that perhaps how you respond to people may in fact invite the kind of replies to your threads and posts that you get? Everyone isn't going to think the same as you all the time Tom, and when they don't, it's really unfair of you to put them into the categories that you do. You're really being closed-minded about all of this, and that's a shame.

Maybe its the way I want this thread to move - to have entire forum lose respect - or some participants win me even more respect.. Maybe I just do not care what people think of me, and maybe I just want to try to get an moderator to close the thread - even tho I didn't break any forum rules yet.

I have a few people on here I respect, like maybe 10 persons that I did have fights with but that I agree with most of the times, one of those are you.

Last edited:
I have discovered the problem here.

It is not that we do not understand you, TheBuzz, we do.

We do not agree, that is what it is.

You cannot accept that we do not agree, and you think that by posting more and more examples of your superiority that we will come around to agree with you.

I do agree that you are more uber than me, post more often, post more relevant issues and observations, spend more $ on the game than I do and perhaps (most likely) more time ingame than I do. I concede those points.

I do not concede that I have any less right to post here in these forums unless I violate the rules and get banned.

as far as I can tell, the rules of this forum do not state that anyone's ideas and observations needs to pass "TheBuzz's" test of what is important, relevant, or intelligent.

This thread ended up being like this:

Someone padding my back :rolleyes:
Someone kicking my ass :D
Someone stabbing my back :laugh:

End of it still is - that Xzion was the only one that really was able to break the algorithm of a huge long lengthy post - and break it down to a single post explaining what it all meant... ;)

I also wrote English wasnt my native language, primarily to let people stop reading and just reply with a post - and that trick also worked in many aspects. :(

A few EF users passed this test, but many really didnt. :rolleyes:

Now forum moderator - U may now close this thread, as its just continuing in the endless - without reason. Which once again proves my point about forum whores. And letting me have to continue forever plus repping my opponents and I still have to defend myself cause noone cares reading it all - or just don't want to understand what this is all about... :scratch2:

I still find it holarius, that everyone that seems to post here either

haven't read the posts proper or -
haven't spent the time understanding them or -
just are unable to understand complex posts.

Don't worry - in the future I will try to be as native so childs can understand it...

*ROFL*

Maybe u should visit a psychiatrist, They try to help people in situations like this. I realized its not a sudden change, u have been changing for the last 3 months(your attitude in posts was changing). Something is not good in your REAL life, and you should deal with that ;)

Saying:
Xzion understood, everyone else is a "dumbass and cant read"... :rolleyes: Thats really not a good way to express yourself. You might one day lose all your friends this way ;)

And like we noobs say: "Take a break"(at least from EF) And I mean really ;)

This thread ended up being like this:

Now forum moderator - U may now close this thread, as its just continuing in the endless - without reason. Which once again proves my point about forum whores. And letting me have to continue forever plus repping my opponents and I still have to defend myself cause noone cares reading it all - or just don't want to understand what this is all about... :scratch2:

It appears this now translates to "I Finally realized I am a complete tool so Moderator please close this thread so I can stop the true embarrasment to life I have become."

It appears this now translates to "I Finally realized I am a complete tool so Moderator please close this thread so I can stop the true embarrasment to life I have become."

Uhm, but my test of forums did work... People reacted as we expected...

And it proved what I expected - what we expected it would prove... ;)

sorry i cant stop staring at those HUGE tits

Status
Back