FYI: Emine EA(L) Report

micker

Dominant
Society
Former Gods of Chaos
Mick "Micker" Gould
I picked up one of the new Emine EA(L) enmatters amps tonight. I was curious what the deal was with them so I strapped it onto an MF-212 and headed out.

First 50 probes - West of Shinook Jungle
  • Found Typno, Cave Sap & Garcen.
  • Finds were average in size, nothing smaller than a III and only one VI.
  • The majority of the finds were III and IV in size.

Next 30 probes - EiFund LA south of Oshiri
  • Found Typno & Garcen
  • Finds were III & IV in size
  • Very few finds in this LA, may have been mined recently.

At this point the lag got too bad and I logged out. I will drop the last 56 bombs of this amp tomorrow and update this thread.

Overall, the EA(L) decays at a rate of .75 per use and has a TT of 105ped. In the auction it is classified as a High Power amp. I would have have thought that it would give returns similar to a MA105 but with this much lower decay that has turned out not to be the case.

There has been some speculation that this amp would increase range, and I have not seen range appears to be 50m-60m.

There has also been some speculation that this amp would increase depth but I havent seen anything more than what a regular amp would add. My depth on the MF-212 is 592m and all of my claims were found between 400m and 742m which is inline with any amp.

My thoughts so far are that this amp is a high-TT version amp for longer runs that sits somewhere in between the MA 102 and MA 103. Call it an MA 102.5

What can I say, it looks cool and I wanted to try it out. Overall I'm not impressed though. I'll post my final thoughts after I finish out the amp tomorrow.

Thanks for the review!

+rep for you, sir. :cool:

Nice info, i was waiting for someone who post such data. + rep

Look at the bright side. More decay = more skill gain.

Look at the bright side. More decay = more skill gain.

I was getting more skills than usual, but I had chalked that up to the mining event...

Uhm... why do people think the eMine amp is magical or something like that ?
It's just a simple amp with 3.8 ( should be 3.75 ) efficiency that decays 0.75 ped and increases enmatter claims by 150%, it has a sick markup which currently makes it highly inefficient. :rolleyes:

Uhm... why do people think the eMine amp is magical or something like that ?
It's just a simple amp with 3.8 ( should be 3.75 ) efficiency that decays 0.75 ped and increases enmatter claims by 150%, it has a sick markup which currently makes it highly inefficient. :rolleyes:

Well, I bought it on open market for 118% so it seemed worthwhile for a test. I dont think that it should be magic, but without having any background info on the amp it seemed like it would be interesting to test.

Well, I bought it on open market for 118% so it seemed worthwhile for a test. I dont think that it should be magic, but without having any background info on the amp it seemed like it would be interesting to test.

Well yes, now they're going down in markup, should stop at around 115% since they're between 102 and 103.

Amp efficiency says everything about an amp. Efficiency / 5 = Decay, in this case it's 3.75 / 5 = 0.75 ped
Decay+Probe cost is 150% higher than probe cost so claims will be 150% higher too.

Finished out the run last night. I'll stick with my first impressions, this amp is miscategorized on auction and belongs in the basic/beginner amps section.

Also, to revise what I said above, I wouldn't rate it between a 102 and a 103, its more likely between a 101 and a 102 in effectiveness.

Try one out for yourself and let me know. Also, let me know if the results are better if you use it with the matching eMine finder.

Thanks for the great info. + rep.
Will be subscribing to see if anyone reports on the eMine Finder together with the eMine Amp.

Jet

Your right in its a 102.5 amp hehe, I laughed when someone out bid me on the ore one and went to 150% (think it sold higher than that :rolleyes:).

+rep for a thread with some content instead of all those mining blogs. :rolleyes:

Down with mining blogs. :D

Up with reports of how new things work! :laugh:

Ze.

P.S. Tul, stop posting before me. :laugh:

Back