A Real Life Canuck Meet up

OK, I'll pass it along and see what he says when he gets in tomorrow afternoon/evening and then will post here :)

Cheers!

Sounds cool, nice to see someone taking the lead to start this up

london isn't that far, for me. I would be interested in going and meeting a few people. I'm not sure how I feel about actually playing EU whilst there. but, I like the idea of putting faces to people whos posts I've been reading all these years (and those I've had the opportunity to meet within the game).

as long as there's a good place near by to have some snacks, everything should be fine.

Very good idea; due to RL "obligations" I won't have a lot of time, but I'll take the trip to meet you guys.

DISCLAIMER Do not look at my signature... LOL

once i get the info back form xander ill start calling around and see whats available and all that. Hopefully get a date set for you guys soon enough so u can get the time off work or book a hotel room or what hve you :)

sounds like its going to have a good turnout :)
im getting excited :wtg:

i dont see why we have to limit it to just Canadians id say any willing to get here are welcome to join ;)

Rex ur going to drive to ... NEw york ? pick up moogle then drive back.. ?
you are a better man then I :laugh: :silly2:

no just moogle would have to practivally drive by my house to get there.

Still waiting on the info myself - he didnt have a chance to talk to his boss last night I am told - if he comes home tonight with no info for me, I'll call there tomorrow myself.

no just moogle would have to practivally drive by my house to get there.

hehe i dont understand Rex dont u live up in missausaga area thats a couple hours past lodon so he would be driving further just to carpool back 2 hours ?

maybe im just too stoned right now but i dont understand ...:silly2:

hehe i dont understand Rex dont u live up in missausaga area thats a couple hours past lodon so he would be driving further just to carpool back 2 hours ?

maybe im just too stoned right now but i dont understand ...:silly2:

no niagara falls area where close to the boarder where he'd be coming across.

Approximately when are we talking? My g/f going to be in France/Italy from 24th for 3-4 weeks...I have the key to her house and her Miata :yay:

approximately when are we talking? My g/f going to be in france/italy from 24th for 3-4 weeks...i have the key to her house and her miata :yay:

house party!!!!

Ok - I think we have everything we need to know about the Days Inn - the only booze allowed in the conference room has to be supplied by the in house rest. and its only open until a certain time - no "bar" facility.

So scratch that one I would think. The Head 2 Head games I heard someone mention downtown that host LAN parties might be an option, but I highly doubt they are covered by the LLBO either.

If I had a bigger place I'd just say everyone come to my place for the night lol

Sorry I didnt have any better luck :( I had rather horrible luck trying to find anything out for you - seems to match my loot luck as of late :(

There was a little back and forth with the powers that be - them wanting to know dates, me insisting that nothing had been decided yet that we were in the pricing stages and were just exploring options - so I am still waiting to hear back on a price for a one day rental either a friday or saturday from noon til about 2am-ish and see what they say. All I said to them was it would be at least a few weeks away.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear. Sorry its sorta dragged on.

Last edited:
im in toronto on vaction for the weekend but i will start getting some prices when i get back , theirs lots of places to look into .. mostly hotels is what i had in mind but if theirs other locations people might think works out in london let me know and ill look into them...

what is this head to head games thing i have never heard of it ... how would i contact them for some pricing ?

no problem Xander .... i doubt will find somewhere that will serve us booze all night anyway , during the day is better then not at all i geuss hehe

so i will look into the days inn further as well ...

and sndl u seriously wannt a bunch of us partying at your gf's apt ? :silly2:

and if i hadnt already mentioned guys i was thinking a saturday in the summer maybe july or august ?? if that works for people ...

if theirs a certain weekend in august that someone may not be available let me know so we can try and work around it if possible.

what you guys think you want it soonrer then later ?? June July ? August ???

i can just pick a date and run with it but would like to know when would work best for everyone i think i have a bunch of concerts set up this summer so july august would be best for me ....

I'm pretty flexible as for dates - my bday is Aug 2nd :) Bday Bash for Xander Yay!

I will look up the number for Head 2 Head Games...

EDIT:
Head 2 Head Games:246 Dundas Street, London Ontario Canada 519-434-5591
http://www.head2headgames.com/

Cool !

headed home later on today will start looking into all this :)

thanx for finding that for me bro :)

So exciting...Seeing how something out of my control occured and I was not able to make the convention in T.O. I will definetly be interested in this meet up.

Is there any set date yet?

Sweetthang

sorry guys been alittle slack'n came down with the flu for the last week ....

how does Saturday, August 8th sound to everyone?

Have'nt picked a place yet but will be working on that shortly...

Sounds good to moi!

Go canucks western division Northwest Division championship.Oh this a differenT TOPIC have fun guys:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::offtopic:

I'm 3 hours away from the Canadian/US border, I'm up for a road trip and some awesome Canadian beer :beerchug:

This might be worth if I had more history with the game :'( maybe a future meeting time, plus London is a little opposite side for me :).

Vancouver Island :'(.

August 8th sounds like a good tentative date. If all goes well, I should be all moved up to Canada at that point and it would make for a nice get together :D

I'm subscribing and hoping to attend.

Best of Luck sorting out the details.

hey when is the ballon festival in London don't they usually got some concerts and stuff that be fun to all meet at.

thats where me and my wife stopped being friends (in a good way) watching Scratching Post, and Danko Jones.

she was underage so i gave her my ring pretended we where married and well we just eventually stopped pretending one day.

8th sounds good to me :) no camping reserved till the week after. so count me in.

hey when is the ballon festival in London don't they usually got some concerts and stuff that be fun to all meet at.

thats where me and my wife stopped being friends (in a good way) watching Scratching Post, and Danko Jones.

she was underage so i gave her my ring pretended we where married and well we just eventually stopped pretending one day.

Ribfest is usualy on around then in Victoria Park - the Ballon festival is usualy the same weekend down a few blocks in Harris Park - I'm sure there will be something going on.... then for those that wanted to do something in EU Head2Head games is right down there amongst all the action :)

Might be an action packed weekend :)

go canucks go!

Meh - Ontario is one hell of a drive from BC :(

Maybe in the future we could do a west coast thing. :wtg:

holy crap they make it difficult to get pricing on meeting rooms lol

i must have called 4 or 5 different hotels in london and only 1 could tell me a price as all the others i needed a manager that works 9 to 5 just like me lol

from what i have seen so far this head to head games place really seems like the best choice. (and cheapest for me! :silly2:)

head to head has 24 computers available for use and are able to support another 20 if anyone comes with their laptop. they can offer food chips, subs, drinks... and theirs a pub on the corner for drinks and such :)

i have to call back between 8 and 4 for a exact pricing and info etc. tho i did forget to ask how late we can stay their ....

the only hotel i was able to get any info out of was the radisson, can fit 20 to 50 people we would have to supply our own comps, and its almost double the price of head to head games. this would be easier for those staying the night but harder for us to play vids and get drunk ...

so atm im def swaying towards the Head to head games check out the link Xander provided earlier in this thread if u want to take a look :)

and for those staying in the night im sure we can find something close by for ya.... :)

and sorry for being alittle slow on this guys, quit smoking cigerettes last week and been sick for a few days... just starting to recooperate now :)

Now my vision was have a ton of us hang out get to know each other and play some eu events for some of the swag entropiaoutfitters is going to send us. and with that head to head games would be a good spot for us. even having the pub and im sure many other resteraunts close by for us to go out to.

So still going with the august 8th date. and as of right now im probably going to go with the head to head game facility. :)

Woot!! August is fast approaching everyone getting excited??

Just holding my breath now...hoping this season is a good one. If it is, I'll be seeing all of you there! :)

got home alittle early from work so i could give carol at head2head games a call.

and from what it sounds like this place should work out awesome!

they are open 24 hours for anyone thats going to be right hardcore.. one catch tho she said its fine we have a drink or 2 with dinner but if anyone comes back just wasted she will ask you to leave. oh well good thing i smoke the pot more then drink :silly2:

im still working out the pricing basically have 2 options i can book the place for the day which means no one else gets in but Entropians, or we can do a per person thing where each person pays for their time depending on how long they want on a comp for...

as of right now i really dont have any numbers as to who all is truly committed so far so i dont know which way is best to go. if their is going to be alot of people then i need to book it so we have enough computers available. if its only a few 5 10 trickling in and out throught out the day well then its best that we do it on a person to person basis.

their is a pub/resteraunt with in a few steps of this place for us to go to dinner at unless xander or sndl have a good suggestion thats within walking distance.

and head2head games itself serves food hotdogs, hamburgers, fries, soft drinks, etc.

so i got the owners email and made sure our date of August 8th is open and available for me to book once i have a better idea of whos attending i can email her with the info she can then give me a better idea of pricing.

So if you are truly commited to attending our meet up on august 8th then please reply on this thread, so i can get a better idea of numbers... also let me know if u have your own laptop available to bring.

and if i only get a few responses here would u guys be terribly upset at having to pay for your own time on the comps ?? its not expensive at all .. 12 hours comp time is only 40 bucks and that covers ya for the whole day....

i would prefer to see a huge response so i can just full out book it :)

Last edited:
:yay: sounds like fun! Sign me up!!!!!

Back