Would you buy MA shares?

Would you buy MA shares through the TT terminal?

• No

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 82 73.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

falkao

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Marc falkao Falk
As MA is or was looking for shareholders I was asking myself. Assume MA would offer shares through the TT terminal.

Here is the poll for 2007
Poll 2007

Last edited:
Reactions: Zim
I voted YES;)

I would like to own a bit of this virtual universe. I think it would be a good start for me on the stock market;)

Oh, and I would be really curious to see what I get ($$$ wise) at the end of the financial year :D

No i wouldnot buy MA shares.
You will end up with a fistful of shareholders with big revenue as 95% will be losing just like loot system :D

Yes, that would be an good option.

I believe in Mindark as a company with a great future.

/Kjetil :cool:

yes thats a great ide and i woude do it! no doute about it! i woude buy if thay will be places on the reallife stokemarket 2! not that other thing whit the silverfox thing no tnx.. but stokemarket if thay come out there iam sure i get stokes right away! :silly2:

Voted yes. I believe MA has a good future, and deserves it too. Would support it and would want to be part of it.

I voted yes.

I would like to own a piece of MA but it all really depends on how much a share is worth and the minimum "block" that Id have to buy. PE sucks alot of my "Investment" money anyway ;)

I voted Yes.

I believe MA would be a good investment at this time.

Question is, how would we sell 'em? :D

Absolutely ... got to get some of my decay back :)

Yes, because I believe this class of gaming companies will ... some day ... be valued like console game companies, quite possibly much more, which is nowhere near the case today.

Whenever a tax court ruling defines the asset value of virtual goods (see another thread on that), those shares will go gold!

I'm always looking for new investments and believe MA would be a good one, so I voted yes.

However, I don't think MA could just sell stock through the TT. There are numerous regulations that must be followed. You would prolly have to go through a national stock exchange. For instance the DAX (Germany), TSE (Japan), NYSEX / NASDAQ (U.S.A.), OSE (Norway), etc.

Stocks / bonds / funds / commodities are watched over tightly to ensure fair trading and to avoid price fixing, after market trades, corruption, in-sider information, etc.

Just my 2pecs.

I believe tha PE and therefore MA have a the potential for incredible growth, I would definately invest.:D

Ironheart said:
I voted Yes.

I believe MA would be a good investment at this time.

Question is, how would we sell 'em? :D

Actually this is the beauty of the system, you could speculate on the trading of the stock thru PtoP trading, or the 'deed' would be contantly updated same time soc and top lists are updated with the days price....so you would know what kind of PED you would get by TT'ing it during that day.

Speculation of the stock would be neat as you could trade it before the update on the chance that it goes up due to an upcoming release or news article or VU change, or.....

its a good fit for the game, and would be fun to add.

NetStalker said:
Actually this is the beauty of the system, you could speculate on the trading of the stock thru PtoP trading, or the 'deed' would be contantly updated same time soc and top lists are updated with the days price....so you would know what kind of PED you would get by TT'ing it during that day.

Speculation of the stock would be neat as you could trade it before the update on the chance that it goes up due to an upcoming release or news article or VU change, or.....

Heheh ... nice idea, I think the Securities and Investment Board (or the Swedish equivalent) would have something to say about it, though. :D

NetStalker said:

Interesting thought:
Guess we can buy MA shares using the TT-terminal. With this we get not only a RL share (maybe handled by a trusty company) but also a deed within PE that could also be traded. So there would be a connection between RL and VL. Instead of withdrawing one might consider to reinvest in shares.

Nice idea NetStalker

falkao said:
Interesting thought:
Guess we can buy MA shares using the TT-terminal. With this we get not only a RL share (maybe handled by a trusty company) but also a deed within PE that could also be traded. So there would be a connection between RL and VL. Instead of withdrawing one might consider to reinvest in shares.

Nice idea NetStalker

Really, its already being done, folks are getting a virtual copy of the Magazine in their inventory, so why not a virtual representation of the stocks?

Im sure that some arcane law that was created long before PE was around applies, but hell, thats why we change laws and push the envelopes to make things better.

PS, im selling the bridge West of Aegis mound if anyone is interested....cheap...

I haven't voted, because there isn't a third option; something along the lines of, "show me a prospectus, balance and cash flow sheets, etc. first"

I do a lot of investing and stock trading, and while I do sometimes take on a high degree of speculative risk (like the position I currently hold in MGN Technologies, a company that created a software platform for wireless online gambling), when it comes to a company like Mindark and its product, I'd want more information.

For a couple of years, shares of Mindark would probably do rather well, though I think it would mostly be a sentiment driven performance rather than a rise due to company fundamentals. The big stumbling block I would forsee for this hypothetical Mindark stock in the future would be the "one trick pony" phenomenon, as I like to call it: Mindark's whole baby is PE, and the MMORPG concept is not unique. Granted, the real cash economy aspect of it is, but that's not something they can claim an exclusive right to. Someone else can create thier own RCE-MMORPG and draw away players and money.

To avoid this, Mindark would need to keep coming up with new product, which they are doing in the form of updates and additions to PE. But they would also need to diversify into other merchandise lines, and even other games, or else the 'next big thing' someone else produces will take away the momentum. Case in point: look at how much griping and whining people do on these boards about how PE is "ripping them off" - do you think those people would jump ship and move to the newer, sleeker RCE-MMORPG? How about adding in that early adopters become "ubers" faster than late comers? My guess is that loyalties to PE would suddenly prove rather shallow...

Just my two pecs. Good topic though, very thought provoking and discussion worthy, so +rep in my book. And to echo what others have said: selling shares through the TT, not possible. The various securities and exchange agencies from one country to the next wouldn't let that fly, and for good reason - no regulatory oversight (in other words, if things were handled this way, Mindark could tell you anything they wanted to about the state of the company - United States circa 1929, anyone? ;) ).

Much loot,
Zim

I thought a bit about it and i came now to the conclusion i wouldn't.
Yes we see large sums of monney changing Owner here. But thats not MindArks profit. Another question is the law and PE working on a grey zone with their buissnes model. As Participants recive some percent from the gambling of other participants Mindark offers a Plattform where you can host your own gambling Land Area. The Post your Globals and Win something is like a lottery and its defenitive gambling. Its not Longer a Zero System and its too hot for me to buy shares. Nothing against blasting 1K USD in Pe for Hunting Mining or whatever but i know the Risk i do it for my Entertainment and i not aim Profit. Buying MindArk Stocks for 10K usd ? Thanks but No

Of course i see the Facts and a fast growing Pe Economy. But i know other good means of investment with lower risk. Participing in PE makes euphoric about PE and we tend to overlook some sides. Its a dangouris mixture for a Investment.

my :twocents:

I voted yes, even though we are all kind of share holders now. Of course, owning property makes it a better analogy to shares. Bought an ml-35 @ 2.5-2.7k, now they are worth 3k+, the Jungle as gone up a lot too. That's almost the same as a share price increase as my 2.7k stake has gone up to 3-3.5k as with other bits and pieces.

I know this is a tenuous comparison, but it just feels like it makes sense to me a little.

Zim said:
I haven't voted, because there isn't a third option; something along the lines of, "show me a prospectus, balance and cash flow sheets, etc. first"
[/QUOTE=Zim]

You'll find one here:
http://www.mindark.com/docs/pr/mindark_prospekt_en.pdf

Zim said:
... And to echo what others have said: selling shares through the TT, not possible. ..

Well actually this is only an idea and I was interested to see you we all judge this. For sure there are limitations etc. and maybe the whole thing can't be realized.

The main question for sure is, is PE only a game that is en vouge for some time and then disappears or is MA (with use users) able to build up a solid economy.

falkao said:
The main question for sure is, is PE only a game that is en vouge for some time and then disappears or is MA (with use users) able to build up a solid economy.

An excellent question, but my answer is that unlike a real-world economy, it's is much, much easier for someone to leave the PE economy. In RL, you have to pick up and move to a new location, probably even another country if you are not satisfied with the economy in which you live. For most people, it's easier to stay and continue to participate in said economy. Leaving the PE economy, on the other hand, is simply a matter of logging in to someone else's system...

Much loot,
Zim

I wont! While MA are independant, they can make the game evolve how they want, not for profit only. If they go sell shares, profit will become THE only goal of pe. So the ingame economy will be worst.

I voted yes. In fact I was going to buy quite a few shares in MindArk just before Club Neverdie opened. The idea was the share price would go up due to the publicity, influx of new players and thus MindArk would gain more net profit this year. That was my assumption. With the opening of such a place, it appeared the right time to invest.

However I do agree with Zim. I'd like a lot more information first than what MindArk post up on thier site. I have looked on the MindArk site at their interim reports, but it's all in Swedish, and I couldn't understand a word of it. Perhaps some projected income / forecasts would be nice too. Also I agree that there is a risk. Hence I'd probably pull out after the first financial year after the novelty aspect of the Club had worn off. I'd just rather have shares in a company like MindArk when they make a sale like that in the earlier stages and such.

Yep, like anything its a risk. I know theres a lot of non depositers, or people who play for a few days and leave.

Just my luck. I missed the deadline to buy shares - which was in November I think. Nuts. My main opportunity has passed. :(

You can still vote.

From what it looks like it seems the many are interested to get some shares. This might lead to the next question.

Do you think you can profit more form MA shares then within PE? :kos:

No.

Still must watch a while how it will progress. (Then again, I am a newb, so to me this is a bit risky business - omg, it IS risky business all the time.)

offcause i whould love to have some shares, get a change to influence them myself by constoctive idears for game development ..

Ifor sure would invest, but i wouldnt but it thourh the TT, as then it would fall under the EULA, and then u dont haveany ownership in reality and u cant do anything legal against if it may go wrong..

They would have to offer it via stockmarket/private investment options..

Yes without a doubt.
I wouldnt have stuck around if I didnt believe in the future of the company behind the game.

Back