Loan Function

Silo

Guardian
Society
nothing AND nowhere (nAn)
As a result of being scammed and also hearing about how other people have lost items they’ve loaned out and having loaned some stuff out before (but got it back without issue), I have thought up an enhancement to the trade system.

Simply put, the ability to loan an object to someone. In the trade window, there would be a new button called “Loan”. Once selected it would bring up a menu allowing you to set the duration of the loan. Once the duration expired, the item(s) loaned would return to your inventory.

To prevent people from abusing this function on legitimate trades, there would also need to be a very clearly stated “Accept Loan” button. You’d have to then confirm by accepting the duration set by the owner. In other words, if one person clicked “loan” and the other clicked “confirm”, the trade would not occur.

I think this would be pretty easily implemented since the auction already does this to some degree. You put in an item to be auctioned for a set duration, it goes out of your inventory, if it doesn’t sell, it goes back in your inventory. Similar code, I would think.

This would not only stop people from just keeping things that were intended to be just loans, it would also eliminate the hassle of meeting up with a mate to exchange items back.

Hmm, this would open up a whole new business area: Rentals!

Need to go get someone back in PvP? Rent an Improved Mk.II.

Need something spiffy to wear out? Rent an Essi Gown.

Wanna see how bad Ghost decays for yourself? Visit your local armor rental agent.

How does this system benefit MA?

-Decreases the amount of support cases filed about scammers.
-Otherwise unused inventory could be put to good use. Weapons would decay and ammo would be bought and used.

Great idea but already discussed somewhere in this forum ;) Since it's late and my bed is calling me, i don't have the courage to search the thread but, if you search something like "lending system", i think you'll definitly find it and you'll see that Marco has replied that such a system could be implemented in PE but is not in the dev roadmap for now since it's quite complicated.

But, well, i think we all wait for such a system as it'll certainly help avoid scam :)

Extraordinary idea

ah well... good idea, but not gonna happen :( ... better come up with a different way to loan-shark, silo.... ;)

Back