Too much time spent online is bad thing?

Too much time spent online is bad thing?

• Total voters

GAY_Dragon

Hatchling
Do you agree that too,
much time spent,
online is A bad thing?

I think it can,
be A bad,
thing but I do love,
being online so,
much so cannot turn off.

You agree or not too agree?

It can be, might depend on what you are doing.

Speaking for myself, I think it is a good thing, as I get more fun in playing PE than wasting my time with people IRL. It's about the same thing, wasting time, but this way is a lot more fun :)

GAY_Dragon said:
Do you agree that too,
much time spent,
online is A bad thing?

I think it can,
be A bad,
thing but I do love,
being online so,
much so cannot turn off.

Nice poem. I voted 'yes' because I liked the poetry.

too much time on PE = chair upgrade....

i think its time to upgrade from this metal fold up chair to something with padding...

GAY_Dragon said:
Do you agree that too,
much time spent,
online is A bad thing?

I think it can,
be A bad,
thing but I do love,
being online so,
much so cannot turn off.

It depends. I'm still gonna be online tho :). I didn't know there were Gay Dragons left in this era lol . Too funny :tongue2:

its bad when IRL suffers

Well, what else am I gonna do after everyone else in the house is asleep? Can't work in the garage or make a lot of noise so PE is perfect.

GAY_Dragon said:
Do you agree that too,
much time spent,
online is A bad thing?

Asking that question here is like walking into a bar and asking if too much beer is a bad thing.

It is negative if it affects skool/work/friendships/dishes....

On the other hand: skrew the dishes! Let the little house gnomes do em! :dunce:

Maybe.

Me? 2nd chair now breaking down, and cannot count how many keyboards I have wasted.

Not a problem .... I can handle it ...... :wise:

*must turn off the pc ... must turn off the pc ... must meet real people ... must ... arggghhhhhhh* :lam: Am sorry .. its stronger than me *G*

Where your free time is concerned, there's no harm in taking your enjoyment online. It's certainly better than the entertainment some make for themselves... happy slapping, drug use, drinking to the point you vomit ;)

It's only a bad thing if it interferes with your RL friendships, your ability to look after yourself (eating properly, washing, sleeping! lol) and work/uni/parental responsibilities.

Well to my mind 'too much' of anything implies that it's not a good thing, otherwise it wouldn't be too much!

I think the real question is "How much is too much time online?"

This will differ from person to person, and I'm sure there are a few people who could live their entire lives in front of their PC browsing away... but surely that can't be a good thing?

Some days I spend the vast majority of my 'awake time' on the PC.. sometimes I spend none.. just the nature of what I do. So I'm replying 'Yes' on this for reasons stated above :)

Too much of anything is a bad thing

Except skills and peds :dunce:

Stryker said:
Too much of anything is a bad thing

Except skills and peds :dunce:

Er, yeah, good point :)

ok

I have one thing too say --- is my time ( bad )

I have no job atm and free year from school

And yes am playing pe – 10-18 hours every day. :silly:
too day its soon 19 :cool:

HELP rofl :D and yes I think ( I need too start do somthing more then only play pe all my time :wise:

GAY_Dragon said:
Do you agree that too,
much time spent,
online is A bad thing?

I think it can,
be A bad,
thing but I do love,
being online so,
much so cannot turn off.

I think it depends on whether or not your children are hungry. A lot of time spent online is only a lot of time if it infringes on more important things. If you have nothing else to do, spending all day online doesn't seem too bad to me.

Noggin said:
Well to my mind 'too much' of anything implies that it's not a good thing, otherwise it wouldn't be too much!

was exactly the word i whanted to write...
if its too mutch then its bad , then stupid or biased question...

but , what is to mutch time spend online ?
how many time that is ?
and , what do with time left ?

How much is too much?

But yes, I think "too much" is well.. too much. People might say they have all the friends they need in PE. -Internet friends cant provide you proper comfort however.. they cant be there when you dont want to be alone, no matter if you and them are online or not. People need human contact, to see people, facial expresssions, socializing. Yea, its much easier talking about things over net, but its also good to have a friend irl that can only look at you, and without you having to say anything -know you are having a bad day.
Its not unusual that people spending "too much" time in front of comp develops agorafobia and social angst.
People thinking that "they cant party, they have a society meeting/event/hunt/write excuse here" every time they are invited somewhere, or doesnt socialize because of the game is holding them back should take it as a warningsign.. If they dont do anything about it, people will stop inviting and suddenly you snap out of it, get tired of PE or such and realize you have to skill yourself up again irl and make a social network all over.

IRL should come first.

Skam said:
How much is too much?

But yes, I think "too much" is well.. too much. People might say they have all the friends they need in PE. -Internet friends cant provide you proper comfort however.. they cant be there when you dont want to be alone, no matter if you and them are online or not. People need human contact, to see people, facial expresssions, socializing. Yea, its much easier talking about things over net, but its also good to have a friend irl that can only look at you, and without you having to say anything -know you are having a bad day.
Its not unusual that people spending "too much" time in front of comp develops agorafobia and social angst.
People thinking that "they cant party, they have a society meeting/event/hunt/write excuse here" every time they are invited somewhere, or doesnt socialize because of the game is holding them back should take it as a warningsign.. If they dont do anything about it, people will stop inviting and suddenly you snap out of it, get tired of PE or such and realize you have to skill yourself up again irl and make a social network all over.

IRL should come first.

True ! I know am playing a lot , and need too start do something more whit irl friends , it’s a big deferens between rl and game friends. One day , her I was playing pe , and some one ask me , lets do something .( irl ) but I didn’t . I was using the night playing instead. And that’s wrong. When you have the friend calling fore you go. Don’t let the game hold you back. So am agree whit you Skam , all the way.

i also agree with skam, the real problem appears when you start thinking too much about the game and ignoring RL issues, you should forget about the game the moment you turn off your computer and start thinking RL stuff.
but most of us cannot do that...and this is why i think most of us are addicted...although it varies from one person to another

Back