RL Hobbies other than computer games

Sapeian

Alpha
Sapeian Sap Killmore
Just sitting here thinking,

We all have one thing in common for sure We like/Love EU,
So putting EU aside for a moment and get to know the person behind the avatar,
What hobbies do you have in RL or what are your other intrests.

When im not gaming or doing other webby stuff i am a Martial artist,
In the past i have traind in Wado kai and Wado Ryu, which are forms of karate alot like shotokan,
I have done some tan su do which is a fast and fun martial art and also some Aikido where i done some Bo & Jo stick fighting.
Currently im doing ITF Taekwon Do ITF being the non Olympic style and WTF Taekwon Do being Olympic,

So what are your non cyber hobbies?

Football and Golf. Football being association football, despite living in America.

Golf resembles EU far too much - there is an endless grind sparingly interrupted by the occasional glimpse of what could be - there is always the thought of how much better the game would become if I could just buy that next level of equipment up - there is a constant feeling that I really should not be enjoying it so much...

Maybe I should add S&M to my hobbies, it appears that I have a strong masochistic streak :ahh:

Medieval reinactment, which in my case includes brewing, dancing, cooking, target archery, juggling, and wenching. :)

I've also got open water, cavern, and mixed gas scuba certifications, though it's been a while since I used those.

I've also been involved with paper and dice RPGs over the years, and read a fair amount of sci-fi... even attending the odd convention from time to time.

AG

when i dont game i uuum game? :D

but other than that i develop computer games, and umm read sci-fi and fantasy. that's about it :p

Fly tying and coincidentally fly fishing

big game hunting is a favorite but seasons are short so its a small part of the year.

During summer I like to take my boat out in the ocean for a tuna run or two

the salmon and steelhead fishing the rest of the year:wtg:

Certainly some intresting hobbies :D,

Not so sure about the S&M one though... :ahh:

That's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle. *chuckle*

I like snowboarding, women, Football, soccer and marijuanna el diablo verde

ps im 17

I play with little plastic dolls, also known as warhammer, i quite enjoy japanese stuff like anime, manga and sushi. :yay:
I just started playing hardball again after several years break, and i watch alot of scifi like stargate and babylon 5.

What do I do when not gaming...hmmm Build and work on computers. I work at a computer recycling center. Walk with the wife and dogs. Yard work...Game.... sleep...sex....food game some more lol. Wife and I are avid gamers. MMO's fps. just got a new 22inch wide screen:yay:
Wife is an artist :yay:so she works on her art when not gaming.
I read alot of Stephen King...on the last book of The Gunslinger series:cool:

Well I got work 8 hours, EU 10 hours, sleep 6 hours, repeat :D

I do enjoy a few beers (or even the occational wiskey) with friends, but have moved too far from most of them theese days. :(

Other interests, fishing is a nice and relaxing thing to do, doesnt matter if it is winter fishing in sweden on a lake or fly fishing in the summer.

I used to be quite good at "10 pin Bowling", but I have to wait picing that up again untill I am over 40 so that I blend in more :D

I brew my own beer.

go to the beach.

drink beer.

fishing.

mmm thats about it.

Some very nice hobbies... However im not sure S&M and Sex can be considderd a hobby...

But hey who am i to judge :p

If its a hobby then im addicted :D... to the sex part.. not the S&M :p

Some very nice hobbies... However im not sure S&M and Sex can be considderd a hobby...

But hey who am i to judge :p

If its a hobby then im addicted :D... to the sex part.. not the S&M :p

this made me chuckle lol

Automobile restoration and racing :)

Also playing music, guitar and piano.

Despite it being work as well, I spend many an hour messing around in game editors and 3D programs - just to be creative. Meh, may as well just include anything to do with computers here too. :D

Also do art, mainly for the enjoyment of it. Although I get people commissioning my work, so do that as a hobby. Mostly do it in Photoshop, but can do traditional or with paints too.

Electronics and engineering. Absolutely love taking things apart to see how they work and then rebuilding them. Or just doing projects / making things from scratch - best and biggest so far was and building a turbocharger-based gas turbine engine ^_^

Wikipedia-hunting. Basically log onto wikipedia and read a random article, then click on an interesting/unknown link and read that. Rinse and repeat. Just enjoy learning random facts!

Loads more, but those are the main ones :3

Depends on the time and mood. I've had many different hobbies in the past from sailing to chess. They seem to change with time and the decades that whizz by :)

at the moment I'm going into Painting again and maybe writing though i don't think i'll have time for the writing. Also do a bit of weight training/fitness exercises...

It's an amazing world we live in really and just appreciating the smaller things in life like the smell of freshly cut grass, a beam of light through a clouded sky, the humid atmosphere after a sunset at a beach, etc are all wonders that apreciating them is a hobby to me.

tennis,reading fantasy books... not much time for other stuff because of scool...

bass guitar and photography :yay:

It's an amazing world we live in really and just appreciating the smaller things in life like the smell of freshly cut grass, a beam of light through a clouded sky, the humid atmosphere after a sunset at a beach, etc are all wonders that apreciating them is a hobby to me.

Amen to that,

The smell of freshly cut grass in the summer really gets me going!.
Hell yeah.

Let's see:

Avid paintballer. Competed in many speedball format tournaments over the years. Haven't had as much time for it in the last year though as it is a little bit hard to play in Alaska in the wintertime and have just been busy with other things. I have over 10 paintball guns (my favorites being an older style Tippmann that i modded out years ago and a 2k8 Smart Parts Shocker that is plenty fast ;)).

I hunt alot. Generally average 1 moose and 1 caribou a year where i live in Delta Junction Alaska. Perhaps this year i will be hunting for Dall Sheep in the Brooks Range depending on my time constraints.

Fish when i can. Always go down to Chitina for dipnetting Copper River Red Salmon (Sockeye) and the occasional Chinook (King). Also yearly go down to Valdez for Silver Salmon (Coho) fishing in the bay, along with an occasional charter for Halibut.

Also love to draw. Have taken many art classes at the university near us in Fairbanks. Pretty much have been drawing/painting my whole life. I just love to see other peoples work as well. Nothing better than creativity itself.

Thats an easy one mr Sapeian...

Capoeira

Fast Cars

Woman

Apprentice Jedi
Force Majeure

I love to drive my car (although my turbo has just taken a shit, so gotta spend more cash on it..grr).

I am also a pretend entrepreneur (i.e I plan lots of businesses, right down to the last detail yet never get around to actually putting any into practice... I sux motivationally :D )

I also drink beer :)

i can be found at the local bar almost every day at the week when i got nothing better to do, watching soccer/hockey or formelt 1, taking a Beer or two and having some good food to chill down. Awesome place to go to, huge widescreens all over the place, a sport bar simply.

I do swimming, gym, running and bicylking to stay in shape as well as aerobics

Apart from that i spend tons of times doing whatever gives me a adrenalin kick! :laugh:

Pretty heavily involved in 4x4's and 4-wheeling until a few years ago. Have a couple older sports cars I spend time repairing and occasionally driving.

If I'm in the the house and not on PE I'm probably posting in the Christian forums at CARM, as I enjoy writing apologetics and studying the bible.

I like to sew, knit and do other kinds of crafts. I also do digital photography as a hobby/side business. I draw and paint (both canvas and objects). Right now I am working on painting a birdhouse for my garden. I am trying to make it look like a spring gazebo.
I also garden; I love fresh cucumbers, tomatoes and drying my own herbs. I love to cook and bake.

I do tons of charity work. I am usually baking cookies every weekend for the old folk’s home, reading to the little kids at the library, working with girl scouts/ 4-h and camp counselor disadvantaged youth.

I play the drums and guitar. I love karaoke any chance I can get. I love to sing and used to sing in a gospel choir. I also love to dance, but I’m white so I have no rhythm but that doesn’t bother me.

I love to travel. I had some fun over Christmas holidays spending a month in Europe visiting some friends from in game. I am planning a trip to Alaska and Europe over the summer months. I love learning languages but I WILL NOT speak them. My Cajun accent screws up everything.

In the warmer months I spend a lot of time camping, hiking, and fishing. We usually fish for catfish and bass here. And yes I even bait my own hook!!! But the one bad thing about me fishing is I name all the fish we catch and I never want to eat them. I am happy just adopting them as pets instead of eating them.

I also drive a 4x4 Dodge Dakota v8 truck and LOVEEE to drive fast and go mudding.

I play tons of sports. I love Softball/baseball, Soccer (Football), Tennis, and Basketball. I have been trying to learn to Golf but I play like Happy Gilmore… I have also been learning to bowl, again not a good thing. I can hit all the pins but usually they are at least one lane over… I have learnt I become a better bowler when drunk.

Ok for the scary stuff, I love playing with matches LOL. I love the smell of them; oddly I am allergic to smoke… I love raunchy comedy. Think Rodney Carrington- Dear penis… I have an Ak-47 (imitation ofc *innocent look* since they are illegal in the US…) that I love to go play target practice with. I collect anything pink. I LOVEEEEE Pink.

Ok so I think I’m the oddest one on the forums now…

lately i taken up walking and working out as it is spring now.

this motivation hit me as i seen my laziness level go up the more eu I play :laugh:

humm as for other hobbies i enjoy reading alot mostly and other games that aren't electronic in nature.

Chosen sport: Grandbaby cuddling (keeps me fit!)

Then there's the usual family/household things. We moved here a year ago, so still working on turning the garden into an extensive vegie patch.

Apart from that, I'm into almost anything related to textiles.

I handspin (looooove spinning silk - that's where the Serica and Turbinis parts of my name come from - tho I spin any fibre). I also weave, sew, knit, crochet, tat, embroider etc.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwG7JwXtUSI[/YOUTUBE]

Capoeira FTW !!!!

Back