RL Hobbies other than computer games

away from the computer, i enjoy Motocross, Hunting, Fishing, movies, and photography

Just sitting here thinking,

We all have one thing in common for sure We like/Love EU,
So putting EU aside for a moment and get to know the person behind the avatar,
What hobbies do you have in RL or what are your other intrests.

When im not gaming or doing other webby stuff i am a Martial artist,
In the past i have traind in Wado kai and Wado Ryu, which are forms of karate alot like shotokan,
I have done some tan su do which is a fast and fun martial art and also some Aikido where i done some Bo & Jo stick fighting.
Currently im doing ITF Taekwon Do ITF being the non Olympic style and WTF Taekwon Do being Olympic,

So what are your non cyber hobbies?

Same.

Personally it's WTF TaeKwonDo for me..has been for 28 years now. USed to run clubs but my students do that now, got out to let someone else have the hassle. :laugh:

Studied a lot of other arts with freinds who ran clubs in those styles...Aikido was great fun and so was Iron Palm Kungfu ...got to love full contact or realistic arts against the pansy styles some people pass off as "self defence"..I think that's dangerous when student feel confident yet have no skills. Sadly Olympic TKD almost fits that bill now...all that padding and even gloves :rolleyes:..how sad :(

Cats, beer, women and DIY ...and messing around with hardware fill the rest of the spare time. Not always fun, but worth a try. :laugh:

t

I read a lot, I have just finished vol. 1 of the soldier son triology by Robin Hobb and will now more than likely look at 10 other books to follow.

Probably a book by Desmond Morris that has been sitting in my lockbox in the attic for some years just so that i can say I have finally read it, which I probably have already...I read so much all the time that i usually find myself reading old books again for want of something to do lol

Either that or I will continue my journey through the entire National Geographic video selection I can find online :)

Same.

Personally it's WTF TaeKwonDo for me..has been for 28 years now. USed to run clubs but my students do that now, got out to let someone else have the hassle. :laugh:

Studied a lot of other arts with freinds who ran clubs in those styles...Aikido was great fun and so was Iron Palm Kungfu ...got to love full contact or realistic arts against the pansy styles some people pass off as "self defence"..I think that's dangerous when student feel confident yet have no skills. Sadly Olympic TKD almost fits that bill now...all that padding and even gloves :rolleyes:..how sad :(

Cats, beer, women and DIY ...and messing around with hardware fill the rest of the spare time. Not always fun, but worth a try. :laugh:

t

Yep even with some ITF competitions its mostly.. strike.. then stop while the ref works out if its a point or not..

The only time we get to actually spar properly is when were in the club.

Looking for my competitions comming up in june though..
Ill get some video and post it up here. :D

It sounds horrible but ive just started back and although i have years of experiance i have to restart at white belt so im gonna totally mutilate the poor buggers lol

But yeh should be good.

Scuba diving - I took the pic you see for my ava ;)

Travelling, writing, restoring several old cars, music (rock) writing and playing, art (painting and drawing).... and trolling:)

Hurrikane

Away from here (when I'm not working) I'm a Pub QuizMaster... I compile and present a Pub Quiz in my local, and get paid in booze...

The Booze payment used to last half the week, but these days I get thru it all on the night. I usually require 2 large vodkas just to get started...

So, if anyone's upfrit... Wednesday nights, Duke of York, St Werburghs, Bristol...

Best quid you spent all year, I guarantee :thumbup:

If im ever down that way ill look ya up m8 :D,

Got to pass through bristol to get to my parents anyways :D

Definatly sounds like a plan! :D

My everyday hobby is to push my old gsx1300r to its limit and thank god that limit is high :)
But as often as i can get the time for it, i also enjoy skydiving, snowboarding, mountain biking and scuba diving.
But my probably biggest passion is free climbing and mountaineering in general. Already have a few of the high peeks checked of on the to do list.
Next peek in sight is Everest next year with my husband and a few colleague, i can hardly wait :yay:

Btw. I might as well admit it. I am a bit of an adrenalin junkie. :ahh:

Horseriding, inlineskating, travelling, shopping and going to the movies.

All combined with meeting friends and not to forget Sushi and Cocktails after!

- away from the pc, i use to read 3 books simultaneously, usually 3 very different books, from hard historical stuff, over that damn philosophical textes i gotta read to cheap corner store paperback science fiction/fantasy.

- i love basketball and chilling in the sun by the sea or the more nereby lake here. Tabletennis, an occasional soccer game, swimming and jogging. Once every 3 years or so, i go out for a survival or trekking tour, sometimes soft, sometimes hard, sometimes its spartanic camping in Sweden (if thats possible at all, Sweden is a cockaigne in the summer), sometimes its hiking till i drop dead, to find the borders of myself.

- me and my friends use to make a lot of music, with some guys i make hiphop, for some i write punk-textes and if we are all togehter we just jam and along with a few bottles of whiskey its loads of fun!

- one great passion of mine is D&D Dungeon Mastering. No greater fun out there than to explain what the rolled 20 actually means. goreific

- and since i love to eat decent stuff, i learned to cook decent stuff :D

Playing guitar (looking for new band again)
HAM radio : mainly on 14,21,28,50 and 144 MHz SSB/CW and digital modes
Programming (making other applications than on my job)

Last edited:
At the moment my life is filled with drumming working, EU and occationally some wow...

We are recording a full length album at the moment so it's quite hectic but so much fun...

Other then that enjoy the gym and doin the odd karaoke bar run =)

Oops tough question! I always say I don't have hobbies. I always like to try everything that seems exciting, dive into it for three months, get to know all about it, try to be at my best at it too, than I get bored and I find something else to do. Think my most exciting hobby has been juggling with fire.

Although some things keep returning, going to gigs (all over Europe, next month in Sweden and staying at a place from an EU mate), fantasy literature, sports (did so many I can't even), building websites, every day I need to learn something new (knowledge is exciting even regarding the lamest things), visit special places (last one was exploring the Etna vulcano). Name something, I've done it or you will give me ideas for future purposes, that is if I find it interesting enough, am open to anything. Although I do not hurt animals, so I will never go out to fish!

Right now I am doing the uber healthy lifestyle, so no drinking (god I love beer and vodka :scratch2:), sports about 10 to 14 hours a week, that is lifting weights, cardio and mountainbiking - no mountains here though.

So many things to do, such little time, I really could use days that last 48 hours instead of 24!

When im not gaming or doing other webby stuff i am a Martial artist,
In the past i have traind in Wado kai and Wado Ryu, which are forms of karate alot like shotokan,
I have done some tan su do which is a fast and fun martial art and also some Aikido where i done some Bo & Jo stick fighting.
Currently im doing ITF Taekwon Do ITF being the non Olympic style and WTF Taekwon Do being Olympic,

So what are your non cyber hobbies?

i used to be one too, one year Taekwon Do and 2 years kungFu :ninja:... but not anymore. now i just hang out with freinds and watch japanese animes.:popcorn:

Back