"Cheap" tag gun for a blade runner?

Xandra

Prowler
Society
The British Empire
Xandra "MadMaiden" Xandottir
Hi,

I'm thinking about my next shopping tour ;-))

This time I want a gun. A long range tag gun. OK, doesn't has to be in 150m range, but the 55m of my opalo are by far not enough. Maybe 100m, even more?

Problem is, I'm melee fighter - have some gun skills, but not much. Don't want this gun to kill or even do damage, I want it to pick my victim out of the herd. Come, baby, maiden is waiting for slaughtering you ...

So I need a gun that:
1. has sufficient long range
2. has some nice hit chance even with low skills (have 123 rifle, could make 500)
3. doesn't cost a fortune with buying, ammo and decay ...
4. (damage doesnt matter, as long as I get aggro)

I did a quick search but found nothing valuable. Checked PEWiki but don't really understand if I can use these weapens and have a chance to hit something sometimes at least.

Maybe anyone here may has an idea for what gun to look?

Is a scope/ laser sight of interest for me?

Sorry if my knowledge of gunnery is this bad - I use to stand toe to toe with my mobs, and whoever smelled a snable female dominant from near knows: after this you're no more able to master the higher art of aiming with some fragile tools for some time... Then brute force is for the win ;-))

Thanks for all replys and may you understand my pidgin!

Have fun!

Anything long range is going to be out of your skill range. I went with marber bravo and my rifle was only 900, I had decent hit rate most of the time but beware the burn is 23 so those misses can get costly.

i think you need to qualify some of you criteria more, especially "has sufficient long range". if you simply mean more than opalo, then might i suggest the punisher mk1, groover or the Mar-Spark. these have 77m range which is just outside the outer circle. anything more than this and you looking at the big arse looong range, high ammo marbers/fire forge and such ( the gap in between is ancient and modified kit)

Yeah if you are talking that range then I would look at A&P Brave Mentor as well.

Hi,

would I have a chance to hit with a Fire Forge SGH 2200M? Or how much skill would I need?

Otherwise one of the 77m-Laser rifles had to do it :-( A&P Series Brave Mentor Edition, L/Murdand Groover or A-3 Punisher Mk.I ...

One of these good with low skills?

Thanks & Have fun!

This is strictly opinion but I don't think you are going to get any better hit rate with the FF than the Bravo. You might want to try one of the 77m weapons and see if it is what you need. The Brave Mentor is only a +10 item or thereabouts so if you don't like it and have to turn around and sell it shouldn't be too hard to get rid of.

Xandra said:
Hi,

would I have a chance to hit with a Fire Forge SGH 2200M? Or how much skill would I need?

i think you'll hit ok with something like that, just right at the bottom of the dmg range, though might get higher. I found when new with a groover (didnt know then what i know now...) that i could always get the first shot to hit, just it wasnt reliable after that.

Whats the point of having 100m range gun if u can only see mobs 70m away... thats 5m more than mk2 range...

so whats my point? get mk2 instead of long range "tag" guns. This way u get a semi-tagger and one of the kickass rifles out there.

Take Marber Bravo, it's quite cheap and with scope and lasers it should do the job. I am melee fighter too and use it for tagging - work excellent for me....

PhOeNiX-47 - depends which mobs some are visible 140 meters+...

Brave ME

I find the Brave Mentor Edition mentioned previously to be a great tagger, and it's cheap and easy on the ammo burn.

Doer said:
I find the Brave Mentor Edition mentioned previously to be a great tagger, and it's cheap and easy on the ammo burn.

I agree.
There is better but it also much more expensive.

go with either a marber echo or bravo plasma rifle or get one of the fireforge series. like the small/big game hunter rifle.

With your skill level until you get more skill in that you likely will miss here and there and that could easily start getting expensive after missing 4-5 shots in a row.
These guns do have nice range with the marbers being longest and the fireforege being not as far.
Go for the FF SGH if you want a little cheaper on ammo use

Why not use a scope? You only need to touch the mobs so they think they can have a party by the time they reach you and then slash their little furry bodyparts.

Xandra said:
Hi,

Otherwise one of the 77m-Laser rifles had to do it :-( A&P Series Brave Mentor Edition, L/Murdand Groover or A-3 Punisher Mk.I ...

One of these good with low skills?

Thanks & Have fun!

Would highly recommend Brave ME if your skills are still low and the purpose of the rifle is only to 'tag'. Other long range rifles/carbines can be very costly (the ammo burn).

Hi,

thank you to you all - you helped a lot. I decided:

1. first to do some rifle skilling using my opalo =8@
2. then to buy a A&P Series Brave Mentor Edition for some testing without spending too much PECs
3. maybe later looking for a Fire Forge SGM ...
4. and buying a scope

May the big loot hit you! Have fun!

A ladyfriend of mine is a bladerunner as well, everytime she goes out, solo or not, she always would buy ammo for her L/Murdand Groover. Not bad decay, decent range, and a bit of extra damage before they get in close. Not too expensive, (10-20 PED or so). Many people put it down, but I see it as a step up from the good new' Opalo. If you are interested, my bro is a gun crafter, and is pretty lucky at making these, if you need one, drop me a PM.

Hi,

please excuse me digging this long forgotten thread from the swamps of the past, but I'd like to give a summary. Many helpful people have contributed to answer my title question, and I feel I should return the result.

Question was:

Gun is needed for a melee maniac, that:
1. has sufficient long range (more then opalo!)
2. has some nice hit chance even with low skills
3. doesn't cost a fortune with buying, ammo and decay ...
4. (damage doesnt matter, as long as I get aggro)

Well, after a long period of purse drought I happened to stumble into a cheap A&P Brave MentorEdition, one of the guns that were recommended. And luck was with me, as I got a cheap Alekz Precision Scope from auction, too.

I'm more then happy with this combination!
- The (scoped) A&P Brave ME has an astonishing good hit rate, as long as I try to shoot a standing target. The range is good, too, much bigger then Opalo, about the edge of the outer circle on radar. The costs are not this high.
- The Scope is so much fun! And very useful - beeing able to identify this red dot at the outer edge of radar as Arenatrox Old Alpha, before carelessly walking into its huge aggro range, is priceless ... And it may help a little to hit, concerning my low rifle skills (~350 atm).

I usually do 1 shot using the A&P to get aggro. Then 2 or 3 with (amped) Opalo when the mob comes in. After it reaches me, I start major butt kicking with 2x0 or Combat Enblade 4M. When nearly dead, I finish with Survival Enblade A or, if trying to escape, Opalo. Am planning to get a TTPistol and/or TT Powerfist for this.

I'd like to express my gratitude to everyone that has helped me here!

Have fun!

PS: I plan to replace the A&P with a Fire Forge SGH 2200 Mentor Edition sometime in the future, when I have reached 1K of rifle skill and have some spare PEDs. These Mentor Editions - I love 'em!

spider666 said:
PhOeNiX-47 - depends which mobs some are visible 140 meters+...
The biggest ones youll see before theire even on the radar :eek: (But then again, I wouldnt go off using a blade on those :silly2: )

Back