Dad at 13

If you think that's bad.... check this out;

Ages of Sexual Consent Worldwide;

Vatican State

There is an equal age of consent set at 12 years of age in Art. 331 (1). When there is a relationship of dependence (like teacher/student, etc.) the age of consent is 15 years in Art. 331 (2)[20]

Spain

The age of consent in Spain is 13, as specified by the Spanish Penal Code, Article 181(2). However, if deceit is used in gaining the consent of a minor under 16 years an individual can be charged under Article 183(1) upon parental complaint.

Austria

The age of consent in Austria is 14, as specified by Sections 206 and 207 of the penal code, with a close in age exception which allows 13 years olds to have sexual intercourse with partners less than three years older, as determied in section 206 (4). Section 207 covers sexual acts not involving penetration, in which the close in age exception permits a difference of up to four years as long as the younger partner is at least twelve years of age.

Portugal

Since September 2007, the age of consent laws of Portugal states 14, regardless of sexual behaviour, gender and/or sexual orientation, as a result of the constitutional court of Portugal ruling on constitutional protection that explicitly includes "sexual orientation", formally into the Constitution of Portugal back in 2004. Since September 2007, the age of consent was formally equalised as part of the Penal Code of September 2007. Also in Portugal it is illegal to perform a sexual act with a minor between 14 and 16 years old "by taking advantage of their inexperience"

Republic of Kosovo

The age of consent in Kosovo is 14, regardless of sexual orientation and/or gender.

History

Kosovo legalized male homosexuality in 1970. The age of consent became equal at 14 in 1991.

Madagascar

Age of consent is 14 years, according to article 331 in the Criminal Law. In certain cases, including relatives and homosexuals, it is 21 years.

China (PRC)

In China (PRC) the national legal age of consent for sexual activity is 14 years, regardless of gender and/or sexual orientation.[citation needed]. However, most provinces have ordinances that prohibit "immoral sexual acts" or "promiscuity" with female minors. The phrases "immoral sexual acts" and "promiscuity" are not strictly defined.

Japan

The "national" age of consent in Japan is 13, regardless of sexual orientation and/or gender, as specified by the Japanese Penal Code Articles 176 and 177.[6] However, "prefectures" can have local ordinances that prohibit sexual activities with minors under 18.[7

South Korea

The age of consent in South Korea is 13 regardless of gender and/or sexual orientation.

Argentina

In Argentina, the age at which there are no restrictions for sexual activities is 18, while the minimum age of consent is 13 regardless of gender and/or sexual orientation. Although sexual acts are generally legal with those 13 and over

Bolivia

The age of consent in Bolivia is set at puberty regardless of gender and/or sexual orientation

Guyana

Currently the age of consent in Guyana is 13 for lesbian females and heterosexual males and females, however legislation to raise the age to 16 is under discussion

Peru

The age of consent in Peru is 14 regardless of gender and/or sexual orientation, according to Article 173 of the Peruvian Penal Code

Mexico

In Mexico, the age at which there are no restrictions for consensual sexual activities is 18, while the minimum age of consent varies between 12 and 18, according to state laws.

Pitcairn Island

The current age of consent appears to be 16, as a 1999 case involved a New Zealand tourist convicted of "unlawful carnal knowledge" of a girl of 15. However the Pitcairn sexual assault trial of 2004 involved mostly charges of !!!! or sexual assault, not "underage sex" (and some "gross indecency with a child under 14" charges), although it was claimed during the trial that (presumably consensual) "underage sex" with girls from the age of 12 was normal on Pitcairn.

Tonga

It is an offence to have carnal knowledge of a girl under the age of 12: section 120 of Tonga's Criminal Offences Act

And perhaps most worrying of all;

Saudi Arabia

Any kind of sexual activity outside marriage is illegal in Saudi Arabia, but there is no restriction on the age of marriage.[12] For instance, in 2008 a Saudi court refused to annul a marriage between an 8 year old girl and a 58 year old man.[13] A prohibition on marriage under the age of 14 was being considered by the Ministry of Justice in late 2008. According to cleric Ahmad Al-Mu’bi, the appropriate minimum age for sex "varies according to environment and traditions."

I'm so glad my kids are gonna grow up in England.

Hurrikane

This cracked me up...

“I didn’t think about how we would afford it. I don’t really get pocket money. My dad sometimes gives me £10.”

lol, what was he thinking? Thats the cost of 1 of my hunting runs...

I honestly felt like laughing, but that would just be so wrong. This is so scary. I'm 27 and I've yet to come to a point in my life where I'd consider it responsible to bring up a child.

I think the most scary is not that the age of consent (to have sexual relations) is so low, but that these kids are not educated in how to handle them and use condoms or other forms of birth-control.

Well I can´t name names to avoid a controversial subject in the forum, but in my country there is one institution that always oposses any legislation in regards to condoms in schools, sexual education, etc. I guess it is the same institution worldwide :mad: At least in countries where they have allowed them to have such power.

If we cannot teach the children and provide the methods to avoid kid pregnancy this kind of news is going to happen more often. Kids this days are getting curious since way too early.

Last edited:
Sad; unfortunately I don't think we can blame only the law (or other institutions) for this. Parents have the first responsibility when it comes to sexual education, of course when parents exist. However there might be exceptions; I heard this one on the radio, yesterday, but I did not catch all the details.
A girl (15 years of age I believe), sued her father because he has disciplined her by taking away her PC, to which she was addicted, spending her time almost exclusively in front of the monitor. She won in court!!

Not good.

Back