Transcript of EF Chatroom session with Frank|FPC & Marco|FPC

Site Admin
Admin
Frank|FPC -> hi everyone
hojlund -> Heya
Frank|FPC -> hi everyone
aia -> Hello!
Platina -> hi frank:}
Frank|FPC -> we just put out a couple of nice avatar shots on the website...:)
Wixe -> cool :)
aia -> Which web site?
Wixe -> Welcome Marco :)
Opti -> Hi frank & Marco
Marco|FPC -> I am just an observer right now - on and off.
Marco|FPC -> Frank is the one to hound! ,-)
Frank|FPC -> :)
hojlund -> gimme event parts then Frank :p
Wixe -> Ok hehe xD
GeorgeSkywalker -> hi
aia -> Thinking cheep?
Frank|FPC -> got any questions about anything thats going on, now is a good time
Wixe -> Frank I would like to know whats your avatar's ingame name and what soc are u in if you could reveal :)
GeorgeSkywalker -> i have a question...is it better to concentrate on one profession or do all the professions mining, hunting, crafting ?
Lina Tora Luned -> Hiho everyone
GeorgeSkywalker -> hi lina
Frank|FPC -> Well I'm not in a soc atm. I was in a real soc for a while but felt it hard to contribute properly since I work at mindark. I guess you could call me a true wanderer now....
Frank|FPC -> 'fraid can't give my avatar name, but if you ask around Calypso you might find out anyway...
aia -> What's about the event arts, is the encrypted holder series 2 supposed to replace encrypted holder (first series) or the display? The first encrypted holder seems rare
Wixe -> Ah ok, thx Frank:%
Frank|FPC -> George: we've always thought it better to concentrate on one professions, as that gives you a chance to get really good at it.
hojlund -> I have a quesstion too, How come there seems to be clear signs on that event items does not drop to items that have higher skills in mining and prospecting.. Relics soc have not found one item, and we are all hardcore miners that are turning more and more to lower mining and hunting... what are going on?
Opti -> What's your fav profession Frank?
GeorgeSkywalker -> ty Frank
Marco|FPC -> (have you seen the new avatar screenshots over on planetcalypso.com?)
Frank|FPC -> aia: we don't understand the question, could you say it again?
hojlund -> i do not expect a answer to that :p just now you know what we think :p
Frank|FPC -> opti: hunting
Lina Tora Luned -> @marco incredible ^^ :eek:
Opti -> very nice screenshots :)
GeorgeSkywalker -> i can answer that aia: both items encrypted holder 2 and 1 are same both can get you the prize
Wixe -> Frank will we see any old school item drop ever again? I mean mostly unL SIB items such as adj, imp and mod fap
aia -> A friend of mine managed to collect the transmitter, teh encrypted holder series 2, and the display (if I remember right), and now he noticed he need the first encrypted holder but they are impossible to find
aia -> The rules on the page says Genesis Star Com Unit, one Genesis Star Encrypted Holder, and either one Genesis Star Visual Display or one Genesis Star Encrypted Holder Series 2.
Frank|FPC -> wixe: yes we are planning to include some old school items
Wixe -> Way to go then! :)
nor -> more important, is there still a shot at looting ALL ul sib guns?
GeorgeSkywalker -> Frank, will old school items drop in value once new planets are live?
Lina Tora Luned -> hehe modfap L :D
Wixe -> lol what a nightmare
heineken -> hello
Platina -> looool
Lina Tora Luned -> hello heineken
nor -> one cool L idea we do need, long range L tp chips:)
Frank|FPC -> george: no. Mindark will be balancing the universe. As I've said before, the concentration won't be on repeating old items but on new oppotunities that the ce2 engine will give us
Fredy Olafson -> hi all
heineken -> oOo nice pictures! maybe next week some housing pictures? :D
Frank|FPC -> thanks for all the entrants to the 'create a critter' comp. We've had a few interesting ones already
aia -> Do you want suggestions as soon as possible, or close to closing date?
Frank|FPC -> no, take your time, the deadline is June 1
Opti -> Frank, will weather already be implemented with VU10, or come later?
GeorgeSkywalker -> Frank, when you say new opportunities are these new opportunities for new items that work differently?
Frank|FPC -> opti: weather is in VU10
Wixe -> Frank do you have any time idea when EU will grow into the bank?
Frank|FPC -> george: no I meant new areas of gameplay
Opti -> Cool, is it visual only or will it have effect on things?
GeorgeSkywalker -> ty frank :)
nor -> Frank, does that mean "beacon type" missions?
Frank|FPC -> wixe: within 12 months the bank will be operational
Wixe -> Thanks
Marco|FPC -> (rain will make your armor rust - is that what you wish for? ,-)
Frank|FPC -> nor: instances are being discussed a lot
GeorgeSkywalker -> Frank, will we be able to use our old school weapons and armour on planet ck?
nor -> lol marco, please dont charge us for rust repair;)
aia -> Is there any estimation in time about when 10 will come? for instance, before or after summer
nor -> thx frank:)
Opti -> Hehe, Only if it's UL Opti armor with 100 protection against anything ;)
SG159 -> sup
Frank|FPC -> aia: next big info and schedule for VU 10 will be after we go into the test period which is still slated for the end of May. Everythings on course for test at end of may
zen -> Hello room
Frank|FPC -> so what about those new screenshots then?
GeorgeSkywalker -> hi zeen
GeorgeSkywalker -> Good screenshots ...ty )
aia -> I saw something supposed to be port atlantis, but I didn't recognize it as PA
zen -> Nice to see Frank and Marco
nor -> new today? I just woke up:)
Tekkie -> i like the screenshots, it all looks very good to me
GeorgeSkywalker -> will those armour be usable in planet ck?
Wixe -> Frank are you planning some more Rx Unit events in the future?
Frank|FPC -> aia: everything develops with time and becomes better
Opti -> especially like the predator armor
Frank|FPC -> wixe: yes
jemima -> when we get weather, and it rains will my hair and clothes look wet ?
GeorgeSkywalker -> Frank, will cost of playing be different with vu10 i.e. more expensive than now?
nor -> good question George:)
Frank|FPC -> george: not more expensive
aia -> I'm thinking a bit about fog, I think the fog makes som places dull when it covers an entire landscape (think Camp Phoenix before and after fox), while I miss it on certain spot (blue cloud over healing pond)
GeorgeSkywalker -> Frank, cheaper by any chance :)
Opti -> Frank, could you tell us what's high on the TODO list after CE2?
Tekkie -> the eon looks gold in the screenshot or is that just the effect of the sun and its still blue in normal light?
aia -> I think the perception what is cheap or not is hard to compare, since it depends on markup and "loot swings"...
Frank|FPC -> tekkie: its the effect of the sun.
Platina -> Tekkie i tink is the sun
Frank|FPC -> ...and the environment
Tekkie -> cool ok thx
Platina -> gl all and have a nice day
Wixe -> Frank is there going to be any new cool interesting places in CE2 like the oilrig or something?
Frank|FPC -> opti: new gameplay systems
Tekkie -> are there plans to make small visual differances between for example a bl800 and bl1450 or will all remain looking the same?
GeorgeSkywalker -> Frank, can u tell us a little about these new ssytems?
nor -> new systems, more useful than pets we hope:)
Opti -> good to hear, could you give an example?
Marco|FPC -> No.
Frank|FPC -> tekkie: yes
Marco|FPC -> No examples yet.
Opti -> Ok
GeorgeSkywalker -> ok marco :) ...(boss steps in to stop Frank saying) he he
Marco|FPC -> Right now we focus on VU 10. Later we focus on new systems. Then it will be announced.
Zacariaz -> is the new bank license going to affect the generel economy in any way?
matthew -> ahh nice
nor -> fair enough:)
GeorgeSkywalker -> kk makes sense
Marco|FPC -> (but I see both new systems all together, as well as adding to basically all existing ssytems)
nor -> adding to existing system, sounds good:)
Opti -> thanks for clarifying Marco
Wixe -> Frank is there going to be any new cool interesting places in CE2 like the oilrig or something?
Opti -> Frank, did Marco change since he's become a CEO? :p
soundboy -> will i ever be able to ride my daikiba stalker?
SG159 -> will there be any changes to mob behavior caused by the day and night cycles?
Frank|FPC -> opti: yes, he's totally gone power crazy and walks around with a special dominatrix whip he got made up in London....:)
GeorgeSkywalker -> when its night....how we gonna shoot anything when we can't seee anything ?
lokiscamaro -> hahaha
Opti -> hehehehe :D
GeorgeSkywalker -> lol
SG159 -> will we have flashlights (L)?
nor -> haha flashlights
nor -> i never thought of that
aia -> Is fixing the lasers on the to-do for CE2? ;)
Frank|FPC -> SG159: its in the plans, probably not in 10. Hears something though....
Marco|FPC -> Frank - don't forget my custom made throne in 24 carat gold to match my desk cut out of a solid diamond.
nor -> so THATS where my depo money went;)
Konvicted -> Hello all :)
Frank|FPC -> SG159: we'll be looking at flashlights, infra red and more
Frank|FPC -> ..thermal...
SG159 -> cool
Konvicted -> Hey Marco did RX will come back soon ? :p
SG159 -> will they decay per minute or so on?
Frank|FPC -> wixe: we do have some new areas
Opti -> Good choices Marco, might i also suggest a platinum scepter with red ruby to wave around in the office? ;)
GeorgeSkywalker -> frank, what was the item Ter looted?
Wixe -> cool thanks :)
Fredy Olafson -> the tests for VU 10 that begin in late may , how long will take ? can you offer an estimation ?
matthew -> I have always been very excited about the oppertunitys EU boasts for all those willing to invest a little time and money into the concept, will there be a lot more new oppertunitys like this over the next year, 2 years?
Konvicted -> Hey Frank did RX will come back soon ?
Frank|FPC -> george: you have to ask Ter about that
GeorgeSkywalker -> he he
GeorgeSkywalker -> he said to ask you :)
Wixe -> hey Konflikt, Ive already asked that, Frank said yes ;)
Konvicted -> ah kk thanks :D
Konvicted -> Its what i need
Frank|FPC -> konvicted: yes, but can't say how soon right now, but its planned for before ce2
Konvicted -> ok thanks Frank :)
Konvicted -> Make them more harder as they was it can be fun with these new gun hehe :)
GeorgeSkywalker -> Frank, what will be inside the egg :)
Frank|FPC -> george: a surprise (and I'm not just making this up now)
GeorgeSkywalker -> :)
Marco|FPC -> (is it an egg joke... yoke...? ,-p)
nor -> its a master dna generator for new planets:)
Konvicted -> ahahah
nor -> guess
soundboy -> was the egg destined to take this long for fruition or did the 100K paid for it decide it's fate?
GeorgeSkywalker -> whatever it is its gonan be crazy :)
matthew -> good question soundboy
Konvicted -> Did any new LR series ( like lr 68 ) will get discovered in this VU or ce2 ??
Opti -> Frank, are there conditions set for planet partners to reuse existing skills, or could it be that they invent all new ones ans we'll end up as noobish as everyone else who starts new there?
Frank|FPC -> soundboy: honestly, we never expected it to be quite such a big thing. But now that it has happened it's challenged us to come up with something really good. And you know whatr, that's good for us
The Nightbird -> Hi Frank, Marco, could you pass a message to the CE2 team? From the screenie shots, they are putting too much HDR on everything again. There are some parts of Calypso I can't go already because the glare makes my eyes water :/
soundboy -> :)
SG159 -> will any new items be added to the TT after VU10?
matthew -> :) thanks Frank
Frank|FPC -> SG159: none as yet
aia -> Removed ...? (lol)
GeorgeSkywalker -> Will any TT items be taken away?
Fredy Olafson -> you said a new golden age will start for a while... can you give us a hint about time ?
Frank|FPC -> aia: no
soundboy -> will you ever come to the uk with your trade stand?
Konvicted -> Maybe u can change team loot ? like when a team loot items or so they have one each but splitted like lr 32 if its an global at 70 ped each got 35 ped LR if they are 2 lol
00Dan -> ok i just got here, can some1 rewind and tell me what the golden age is???
Frank|FPC -> fredy: after we go into test at the end of May
Frank|FPC -> soundboy: we hope to actually
CvX! -> Hey Frank, hi Marco! Could you give us a small sneak peek of one gameplay change that will be implemented in VU 10.0? (there will be any, right? at least a tiny ones?)
nor -> konvicted, how about just even split loot back
aia -> Have you had any thoughts about enabling land owners to optionally have trade/repair terminals on their lands? Some lands are a bit far out, and if you have been hunting and have "tt-food", a shopkeeper doesn't help since coins was removed from loots.
Konvicted -> yes it work also but some forget to give the loot etc when its an big team like Event when u are ALOT on a team
Fredy Olafson -> thanks for answer, Frank :)
00Dan -> ok i just got here, can some1 rewind and tell me what the golden age is???
nor -> even split tt oils, all big items to team leader option:)
00Dan -> guess ill never know now :(
Marco|FPC -> CvX - there are very minor changes to systems, but VU 10 is more of a conversion than an upgrade when it comes to gameplay systems. This in order not to complicate the process and reduce time of testing. New systems will come after VU10, as well as existing systems will be updated.
Frank|FPC -> I can't comment on your suggestions right now more than that there are a few different people reading them right now
Konvicted -> We make team and did this on the big event warlock , the evis etc at zychion we all gave item to team leader and he didnt split yet and its been few month i wait now
Wixe -> 00Dan: the golden age is a limited time period after CE2 is implemented.
nor -> ugh, yeah no 100% solution for team loots, even split was taken away bcause of "hunting services" after all
The Nightbird -> it's a period when everyone profits, or so I hope :) average tt returns has dropped from 90% to 80% for a few weeks now :)
nor -> perhaps a bank system proxy for team items over a certain value?
nor -> maybe too complex
Konvicted -> seems like Eomon are there
Konvicted -> later all
nor -> hehe gl
Frank|FPC -> Eomon are here indeed, with some friends
Wixe -> where are they? :)
Tekkie -> is stamina going to become an active attribute in vu10?
Ze-Tomb Raider -> Friends?! /em cheer
GeorgeSkywalker -> Frank, can you tell us a little about ck planet?
nor -> im off, I know I joke around, but I really do love this game:) thx Frank and Marco for answers
Ze-Tomb Raider -> Wixe: between Scylla & Twins i believe.
Frank|FPC -> not in vu10
Wixe -> thx
Frank|FPC -> tekkie: not in vu10
aia -> Last eomon walk, there was a very nice spawn of big eomons (alphas), but for mid-level players, there was only more or less random spawns. Will there be more now to hunt if you can't hunt eomon alphas?
Frank|FPC -> nor: thanks, we do to
matthew -> does the up and coming competion from the new coming planets worry you in anyway, that maybe a lot of players will go else where and not come back. or is it a challange to rise to?
Frank|FPC -> george: no, but they will be telling you all about it soon
Fredy Olafson -> in pictures of ithaca at nighti saw 2 planets/moons ... can we get there too ?
Frank|FPC -> aia: yes
Ze-Tomb Raider -> Frank: Are you able to gives us an idea when stamina is active?
Frank|FPC -> aia: yes!
Frank|FPC -> matthew: its a challenge to rise to....
GeorgeSkywalker -> Frank, will there be trade betweeen planet ck and calypso?
aia -> Any plans to open up rest of amethera, even with just boring default stuff (exosaurs/lyst/oil), the continent north of ithaca, and swimming between the continents?
matthew -> thanks, do you expect a player boom before the planet release to make up for the wider spread of the current player base across more planets, or wil this come after the planets released?
Frank|FPC -> matthew: each of the planets will be engaging their own marketing campaigns before they release
matthew -> ahh ok thank you Frank
matthew -> thats good then :)
GeorgeSkywalker -> Frank, ay ews when third continent will be live?
Zorg -> Hi Franck & Marco, Imho i think you are doing a very good work for promoting EU in the different game conventions.is there any other type of publicity such on tv, internet or other support programed for the VU10 & CE2 update ? :)
Frank|FPC -> going to finish in about 10 minutes
Prescott -> hey frank! would you say that fpc/mindark in generall are more focused on B2B then B2C? and will we see a move towards more customer oriented marketing when cry2 is implemented?
Frank|FPC -> zorg: FPC are creating a program for the CE2 release, involving other avenues. I hope you'll be seeing a lot more of us as then
Fredy Olafson -> good luck all !
Opti -> Is there a friday afternoon drink at FPC HQ? Can players attend? :)
Lobbe -> Hi all
Wixe -> Frank is there any chance of ballancing a bit more current armor plating situation? I am aware for example of those 5Bs which are uber ones and cost nothing nowadays :)
Frank|FPC -> Prescott: exclusively B2C
Zorg -> ok that's a good news :)
Prescott -> okay nice
matthew -> You have most likely stated this before, But where abouts do you see yourself (Calypso) and Entropia as a whole in 5, 10 years time?
Ace Flyster -> hey all
Frank|FPC -> opti: not a drink exactly, but we usually have a slice of cake or something on a friday afternooon
Lobbe -> nice :)
Opti -> sounds good too :)
The Nightbird -> hey ace, only 5 mins left, ask fast :)
Ze-Tomb Raider -> Sounds ufn. ^_^
Ace Flyster -> doh lol
Frank|FPC -> mathew: bigger, stronger, faste
Opti -> Any more plans for screenshots? maybe of Mobs? (hopefully next week)
Frank|FPC -> *faster
Ze-Tomb Raider -> Cool Frank, can only hope for the best then. :)
Prescott -> Frank! would you consider your business relations as healthy? (im thinking mainly on cki)
Frank|FPC -> opti: we'll be releasing more regularly from now on and try to focus on specific areas like you said: mobs, weapons etc.
Wixe -> Frank is there any chance of ballancing a bit more current armor plating situation? I am aware for example of those 5Bs which are uber ones and cost nothing nowadays :)
aia -> I miss an affordable armor with good "impact" protection
matthew -> :) nice, thanks. could i quickly ask do you antisipate a stronger/bigger conection between EU and real world business's with in 10 years given the unique RCE oppertunitys?
Opti -> nice :)
Frank|FPC -> prescott: ?? once more
Ace Flyster -> frank/marco: are there any plans to make mining depths go deeper than 1000m? I only ask as you get max depth at level 61 prospector
aia -> (or even impact plates with 20-26 protection like the E-series?)
Frank|FPC -> matthew: for the universe in general yes, for us at Calypso its not going to be our immediate focus
matthew -> ok thank you very much
soundboy -> do either of you plan to take part in LG at all?
matthew -> exciting times a head :D
Prescott -> frank, are your relations to CKI etc... good? i mean do you feel that you have trust,commitment? that they are to be trusted.
matthew -> very exciting
Frank|FPC -> prescott: of course, at the end of the day we're all in the one universe
mikej -> hi all
GeorgeSkywalker -> Frank, will planet partners lanch same time as vu10?
GeorgeSkywalker -> *launch
Frank|FPC -> ok everyone, thanks for the chat, and I look forward to chatting again soon
Ace Flyster -> cya
soundboy -> bye
Prescott -> thanks for being here Frank!
mikej -> cya
Opti -> Thanks for doing this Frank, enjoy the cake ;)
GeorgeSkywalker -> Thanks Frank and Marco...
Lobbe -> good bye this war interesting :)
Wixe -> thanks too, GL & cya MA staff
Ze-Tomb Raider -> bye FPC. Have good cake. :)
matthew -> thanks very much for your time Frank, Marco.
Frank|FPC -> have a nice weekend everybody, and make those Eomon pay!!!

Latest Chat session (condensed with just the Q&A)

Just a quick transcript of the chat without all the fluff ;)

Frank|FPC -> hi everyone

Frank|FPC -> hi everyone

Frank|FPC -> we just put out a couple of nice avatar shots on the website...:)

Marco|FPC -> I am just an observer right now - on and off.

Marco|FPC -> Frank is the one to hound! ,-)
Frank|FPC -> :)

Frank|FPC -> got any questions about anything thats going on, now is a good time

Wixe -> Frank I would like to know whats your avatar's ingame name and what soc are u in if you could reveal :)
Frank|FPC -> Well I'm not in a soc atm. I was in a real soc for a while but felt it hard to contribute properly since I work at mindark. I guess you could call me a true wanderer now....
Frank|FPC -> 'fraid can't give my avatar name, but if you ask around Calypso you might find out anyway...

GeorgeSkywalker -> i have a question...is it better to concentrate on one profession or do all the professions mining, hunting, crafting ?
Frank|FPC -> George: we've always thought it better to concentrate on one professions, as that gives you a chance to get really good at it.

Marco|FPC -> (have you seen the new avatar screenshots over on planetcalypso.com?)

aia -> What's about the event arts, is the encrypted holder series 2 supposed to replace encrypted holder (first series) or the display? The first encrypted holder seems rare
Frank|FPC -> aia: we don't understand the question, could you say it again?
aia -> A friend of mine managed to collect the transmitter, teh encrypted holder series 2, and the display (if I remember right), and now he noticed he need the first encrypted holder but they are impossible to find
aia -> The rules on the page says Genesis Star Com Unit, one Genesis Star Encrypted Holder, and either one Genesis Star Visual Display or one Genesis Star Encrypted Holder Series 2.

GeorgeSkywalker -> i can answer that aia: both items encrypted holder 2 and 1 are same both can get you the prize

Opti -> What's your fav profession Frank?
Frank|FPC -> opti: hunting

Wixe -> Frank will we see any old school item drop ever again? I mean mostly unL SIB items such as adj, imp and mod fap

GeorgeSkywalker -> Frank, will old school items drop in value once new planets are live?

Frank|FPC -> george: no. Mindark will be balancing the universe. As I've said before, the concentration won't be on repeating old items but on new oppotunities that the ce2 engine will give us

Frank|FPC -> thanks for all the entrants to the 'create a critter' comp. We've had a few interesting ones already
aia -> Do you want suggestions as soon as possible, or close to closing date?
Frank|FPC -> no, take your time, the deadline is June 1

Opti -> Frank, will weather already be implemented with VU10, or come later?
Frank|FPC -> opti: weather is in VU10

Opti -> Cool, is it visual only or will it have effect on things?
Marco|FPC -> (rain will make your armor rust - is that what you wish for? ,-)

GeorgeSkywalker -> Frank, when you say new opportunities are these new opportunities for new items that work differently?

Frank|FPC -> george: no I meant new areas of gameplay

nor -> Frank, does that mean "beacon type" missions?
Frank|FPC -> nor: instances are being discussed a lot

Wixe -> Frank do you have any time idea when EU will grow into the bank?
Frank|FPC -> wixe: within 12 months the bank will be operational

aia -> Is there any estimation in time about when 10 will come? for instance, before or after summer
Frank|FPC -> aia: next big info and schedule for VU 10 will be after we go into the test period which is still slated for the end of May. Everythings on course for test at end of may

Frank|FPC -> so what about those new screenshots then?

aia -> I saw something supposed to be port atlantis, but I didn't recognize it as PA

Frank|FPC -> aia: everything develops with time and becomes better

Wixe -> Frank are you planning some more Rx Unit events in the future?
Frank|FPC -> wixe: yes.-added from further in the chat-but can't say how soon right now, but its planned for before ce2

GeorgeSkywalker -> Frank, will cost of playing be different with vu10 i.e. more expensive than now?

Frank|FPC -> george: not more expensive

Tekkie -> the eon looks gold in the screenshot or is that just the effect of the sun and its still blue in normal light?
Frank|FPC -> tekkie: its the effect of the sun.
Frank|FPC -> ...and the environment

Opti -> Frank, could you tell us what's high on the TODO list after CE2?
Frank|FPC -> opti: new gameplay systems

Tekkie -> are there plans to make small visual differances between for example a bl800 and bl1450 or will all remain looking the same?
Frank|FPC -> tekkie: yes

Opti -> good to hear, could you give an example?
Marco|FPC -> No examples yet.

GeorgeSkywalker -> Frank, can u tell us a little about these new ssytems?
nor -> new systems, more useful than pets we hope:)

Marco|FPC -> Right now we focus on VU 10.Later we focus on new systems. Then it will be announced.
Marco|FPC -> (but I see both new systems all together, as well as adding to basically all existing ssytems)

Opti -> Frank, did Marco change since he's become a CEO? :p
Frank|FPC -> opti: yes, he's totally gone power crazy and walks around with a special dominatrix whip he got made up in London....:)
Marco|FPC -> Frank - don't forget my custom made throne in 24 carat gold to match my desk cut out of a solid diamond.

GeorgeSkywalker -> when its night....how we gonna shoot anything when we can't seee anything ?
SG159 -> will we have flashlights (L)?
Frank|FPC -> SG159: we'll be looking at flashlights, infra red and more
Frank|FPC -> SG159: its in the plans, probably not in 10. Hears something though....
Frank|FPC -> ..thermal...

Frank|FPC -> wixe: we do have some new areas

GeorgeSkywalker -> frank, what was the item Ter looted?
Frank|FPC -> george: you have to ask Ter about that

GeorgeSkywalker -> Frank, what will be inside the egg :)
Frank|FPC -> george: a surprise (and I'm not just making this up now)
Marco|FPC -> (is it an egg joke... yoke...? ,-p)-I almost didnt inlcude this...Marco you should be ashamed :p-

soundboy -> was the egg destined to take this long for fruition or did the 100K paid for it decide it's fate?
Frank|FPC -> soundboy: honestly, we never expected it to be quite such a big thing. But now that it has happened it's challenged us to come up with something really good. And you know whatr, that's good for us

SG159 -> will any new items be added to the TT after VU10?

Frank|FPC -> SG159: none as yet

aia -> Removed ...? (lol)
Frank|FPC -> aia: no

Fredy Olafson -> you said a new golden age will start for a while... can you give us a hint about time ?

Frank|FPC -> fredy: after we go into test at the end of May

soundboy -> will you ever come to the uk with your trade stand?
Frank|FPC -> soundboy: we hope to actually

CvX! -> Hey Frank, hi Marco! Could you give us a small sneak peek of one gameplay change that will be implemented in VU 10.0? (there will be any, right? at least a tiny ones?)
Marco|FPC -> CvX - there are very minor changes to systems, but VU 10 is more of a conversion than an upgrade when it comes to gameplay systems. This in order not to complicate the process and reduce time of testing. New systems will come after VU10, as well as existing systems will be updated.

after many suggestions...
Frank|FPC -> I can't comment on your suggestions right now more than that there are a few different people reading them right now

Konvicted -> seems like Eomon are there
Konvicted -> later all

Frank|FPC -> Eomon are here indeed, with some friends

Tekkie -> is stamina going to become an active attribute in vu10?
Frank|FPC -> tekkie: not in vu10

nor -> im off, I know I joke around, but I really do love this game:) thx Frank and Marco for answers
Frank|FPC -> nor: thanks, we do to

GeorgeSkywalker -> Frank, can you tell us a little about ck planet?

Frank|FPC -> george: no, but they will be telling you all about it soon

aia -> Last eomon walk, there was a very nice spawn of big eomons (alphas), but for mid-level players, there was only more or less random spawns. Will there be more now to hunt if you can't hunt eomon alphas?

Frank|FPC -> aia: yes

matthew -> does the up and coming competion from the new coming planets worry you in anyway, that maybe a lot of players will go else where and not come back. or is it a challange to rise to?

Frank|FPC -> matthew: its a challenge to rise to....

matthew -> thanks, do you expect a player boom before the planet release to make up for the wider spread of the current player base across more planets, or wil this come after the planets released?
Frank|FPC -> matthew: each of the planets will be engaging their own marketing campaigns before they release

Zorg -> Hi Franck & Marco, Imho i think you are doing a very good work for promoting EU in the different game conventions.is there any other type of publicity such on tv, internet or other support programed for the VU10 & CE2 update ? :)
Frank|FPC -> zorg: FPC are creating a program for the CE2 release, involving other avenues. I hope you'll be seeing a lot more of us as then

Prescott -> hey frank! would you say that fpc/mindark in generall are more focused on B2B then B2C? and will we see a move towards more customer oriented marketing when cry2 is implemented?

Frank|FPC -> Prescott: exclusively B2C

Opti -> Is there a friday afternoon drink at FPC HQ? Can players attend? :)
Frank|FPC -> opti: not a drink exactly, but we usually have a slice of cake or something on a friday afternooon

matthew -> You have most likely stated this before, But where abouts do you see yourself (Calypso) and Entropia as a whole in 5, 10 years time?
Frank|FPC -> mathew: bigger, stronger, faster

matthew -> :) nice, thanks. could i quickly ask do you antisipate a stronger/bigger conection between EU and real world business's with in 10 years given the unique RCE oppertunitys?[/B]
Frank|FPC -> matthew: for the universe in general yes, for us at Calypso its not going to be our immediate focus

Opti -> Any more plans for screenshots? maybe of Mobs? (hopefully next week)
Frank|FPC -> opti: we'll be releasing more regularly from now on and try to focus on specific areas like you said: mobs, weapons etc.

Prescott -> Frank! would you consider your business relations as healthy? (im thinking mainly on cki)
Frank|FPC -> prescott: ?? once more
Prescott -> frank, are your relations to CKI etc... good? i mean do you feel that you have trust,commitment? that they are to be trusted.
Frank|FPC -> prescott: of course, at the end of the day we're all in the one universe

Frank|FPC -> ok everyone, thanks for the chat, and I look forward to chatting again soon
Frank|FPC -> have a nice weekend everybody, and make those Eomon pay!!!

enjoy ;)

EDIT:
Thanks for the +reps and efd's..and dont feel bad if you battled through the first post before you found the clean version,judging by the +reps most people have done the same :D

Last edited:
No need for multiple threads on the same topic. Merged.

Thanks for the summary.

Wow that was a really good chat session! And they say MA and FPC don't communicate with the players... :rolleyes:

Isn't that total opposite to what Marco said that any item -still- can drop? I mean "planning to include" means they don't now...

Now thats a surprise...or isn't?

No need for multiple threads on the same topic. Merged.

Thanks for the summary.

Thanks for transcript. +reps for Jod for cleaning.

711 could it be possible to put in first post a message at start informing readers to see second post for "cleaned" transcript. I remember on the last transcript i read the whole kaboodle in first post then when i got to second post kicked myself !

Reactions: jod
Ah, I missed this one... anyway some interesting info there. :)
Especially this:

No wonder my "luck" is way under the ice, since I try to do as many
things as possible! :D Could explain my continoulsy bad loot too...
Guess I gonna keep cruisn' around and doing nothing in near future, well
at least until we get some gameplay that doesn't generate loot (and is fun
ofc ;))....

Thanks for the transcript.

Short and sweet.

:whip: back to work now ;)

Ah, I missed this one... anyway some interesting info there. :)
Especially this:

No wonder my "luck" is way under the ice, since I try to do as many
things as possible! :D Could explain my continoulsy bad loot too...
Guess I gonna keep cruisn' around and doing nothing in near future, well
at least until we get some gameplay that doesn't generate loot (and is fun
ofc ;))....

I took note of that as well. Seems to contradict what a lot of people have benn saying over the years. I kinda always thought sticking to one profession is more beneficial that spreading out over everything. Some professions are related, but there is a reason the professions are grouped the way they are in the Professional Standing window :thumbup:

The best question:

Opti -> Frank, are there conditions set for planet partners to reuse existing skills, or could it be that they invent all new ones ans we'll end up as noobish as everyone else who starts new there?

didn't get answered....... ;)

This transcript brought to you by the modes +m and +v!

+m and +v, the standard for moderated IRC Q&A sessions!

Isn't that total opposite to what Marco said that any item -still- can drop? I mean "planning to include" means they don't now...

Now thats a surprise...or isn't?

Frank obviously is giving us the true answers while Marco gives us the answers that generates income for MA ;).
Frank also confirmes that its better to focus on 1 area ( job) to get really good at it !

This transcript brought to you by the modes +m and +v!

+m and +v, the standard for moderated IRC Q&A sessions!

Actually, unlike some previous EF Chatroom Q+A sessions held in the past, these "Forum Hang About" chat sessions are more informal, and are unmoderated. Frank and Marco simply pop into the chatroom, and any logged-in EF member is free to chat with them.

The more formalized (moderated) Q&A chats may still be used in the future, as those are better at allowing the Q&A to stay focused and on-topic, and to give each member a chance to pose a question without being "run over" by more aggressive or verbose members ;)

The best question:

didn't get answered....... ;)

Nah the best Question was What was the item that Ter found? :monkey:

The Amazing answer was Ask Ter :laugh:

Darn that things gonna kill me anyways hope we find out after cryupdate.

I almost feel like a cynical poster these days. I took special notice of the response to this question because it brought humor to my day.

They have always thought that so much so that it is only in the last 9 months in 6 years since 2003 they decided to release a decent weapons range beyond level 30 for the majority of hunting professions other than BLP & Laser Handgun/Rifle which prior had weaponry worth levelling up to use with an adequate range of choice and availability/affordability attached. :rolleyes:

Then I cast my mind back and remember ...

so I just asked MA ...

I thank MA to take the time to answer my question(s) and respond in a positive way about how they see things "evolving".

This is a summary of their reaction :

................. what we can reveal is that we have not implemented any changes in the distribution of the loot or in the general loot system. The return calculated as a percentage today, is no different from before .........

.......... offers so much more than mere hunting and often a combination of several activities pays out more at the end of the day ............

........... the Entropia Universe has nothing to do with gambling, but is a skill based experience, where several market economy aspects are included ..... MindArk PE AB operates according to Swedish Law and Entropia Universe has nothing to do with gambling .....

Oh bugger, I must have not been reading between the lines *points to bolded*

Good catch Marco on changing the subject with the next response :ahh:

Strange positive evolvement, that is for sure.

Maybe the interplay of system rulesets has become so unpredictable (dynamic) that even MA staff are unsure. *notices the word thought*

Maybe we should start guessing rather than asking, we are at least assured the same 50% / 50% chance of getting the facts.

Nothing you did wrong Frank, if anything your innocent & casual reply is most likely the correct & honest answer.

I hope you can see where some of us are coming from with previous information supplied from MindArk.

How would you feel on the other side of the table if it were your 20k+ USD (168k+ SEK) out of your pocket invested into decay in Entropia with 250k+ skills hearing this after the previous communique from MA covering the subject, as many participants do ?

I can just imagine Marco in the background saying,

"Oh Shit!"

marco_behrmann.jpg

Last edited:
Back