Not all trade is fair.... (true story)

Brooklyn, why can`t you make a post without insulting people?

Actually ... I read it all, and I'm sitting here applauding ... not only for the effort put forth to even present the material, but because the quoted material speaks truth ... whether people want to accept it or not.

With regard to Brook shutting up ... do you guys not realize that you actually egg her on and inspire her to post in the manner she does? :laugh: Give her a morsel and she runs with it ... BIG time! :silly2:

Not sure why this was posted in the EU General Economy Discussion forum, as it has absolutely nothing to do with Entropia

Please post such threads in the off topic section in the future, thanks.

Moved.

Actually ... I read it all, and I'm sitting here applauding ... not only for the effort put forth to even present the material, but because the quoted material speaks truth ... whether people want to accept it or not.

I would pick different title for Brooklyn material:
"How to apply the ass su..... and ball li.... tactics of NY business executives to get out of a fight." jk

I can understand MS9 why you can relate to Brooklyn. Women have always relied in the course of history on different tactics than men to achive their means as they`ve lacked the strenght men have for a direct confrontation. Used instead clock `n dagger tactics of deception, seduction(using sex as weapon),poison:laugh:etc. Brooklyn ofc is just a jedi in the arts of cloack and dagger and has level up a bit more to become a padawan. She`ll achieve that once she won`t show anger and spit venom in each and every of her posts.
Some people just can`t be cold blooded snakes and purge their emotions in order to get better results in a certain situation and would rather smack the vermin in the head or die trying.

Last edited:
maybe im being chaotic neutral here, but we all as free individuals all have the right to belive what we want
brooklyn and ms 9 obviously think that hurri did the wrong thing.
myself and a few others CHOOSE to see it differently.
this doesnt make it wrong
it doesnt make us bad people.
perhaps we are better for your long winded explanations of exactly why we are wrong.
perhaps we are just a few minutes older for having read it.
why cant we all just get along....
why cant you just leave the guy alone for being himself and not berate him and call him and ME names for being a free individual with his own set of morals.
like i said just a few minutes ago, just shut up.

I'd just like to take this moment to thank Loki for expanding our vocabulary and giving me a new word of the week !

Because I, as well as our 'friend' from the Jersey shore, did not know of this 'dunderhead' word's existance or origin, until now.

Noun 1. dunderhead - a stupid person; these words are used to express a low opinion of someone's intelligence.
also see : blockhead, bonehead, dumbass, dunce, fuckhead, hammerhead, knucklehead, loggerhead, lunkhead, muttonhead, numskull, shithead, dolt, dullard, pillock, poor fish, pudden-head, pudding head, stupe

gj on the vocabulary expansion lesson!! :thumbup:

carry on .. :popcorn:

ps - you called her a name - she wrote you a little weird center-fonted, emote overloaded attempt at being funny insult ... you guys should just take it to pvp and get it over with! :D :naughty:

pps- shhhh she's responding ! :poke:

Name Calling????

call him and ME names for being a free individual with his own set of morals.

Hurrikane

“unfortunate spawn of New York's Finest.”

“you are little more than an attention-seeking twerp”

“Silly little girl.”

lokiscamerso

“I see now why you are such a dunderhead.”

Naverith

“Brooklyn, you're a cowardly, liberal moron.”

Danielle

“Noun 1. dunderhead - a stupid person; these words are used to express a low opinion of someone's intelligence.
also see : blockhead, bonehead, dumbass, dunce, fuckhead, hammerhead, knucklehead, loggerhead, lunkhead, muttonhead, numskull, shithead, dolt, dullard, pillock, poor fish, pudden-head, pudding head, stupe”

Brooklyn

“Mr. Potato Head and clone”​

Well I for one hope Brooklyn never shuts up. My rep is going through the roof.

Sorry 711, when I posted it, it was a story to show how widespread reselling is and that the bad guys don't always have to win, and I see now how it's kinda left that objective.

Brooklyn, I asked you to post and you did. I read the whole thing. Shame so much of it wasn't your words. A lot of it made sense. That's because you didn't write it. Some of it made very little sense, I'm guessing that was yours.
I repeat, have you ever been in a dangerous or violent situation, and how did you react? The guidelines you presented would be a great list of things to consider as the other guy saw you back down and did what he intended to do. There are occasions which involve the first thought in your head, you see. Life's like that. Hindsight is a wonderful thing that you seem to use too much.
Your earlier post made great mention of how there is always someone bigger who comes along. Well, this time it was me. I realise not everyone has physical presence or confidence enough to solve a problem like I did. I appreciate that others would seek to sort it out differently. But none of the "better solutions" you propose would have got the same result.
Clint Eastwood may have his faults but he's a damn sight better role model than the mm-kay guy off South Park.

To answer your last (long) paste* sorry, post; It mentions how restraint from acting on your impulses wins the day. I agree. If I'd caved in to every fibre of my subconscious screaming at me to take the f@ckers head off then I'd be in jail, not the Old Vic (the theatre). Not for long though, and still more than happy about the situation. It also says how some people believe violence is a fast answer. Of course they do. For some people, it is a fast answer, the fastest there is. It's that sort of person who no amount of copy/pasted touchy-feely crap would alter.
So, I went there with assertiveness. I used the threat of violence to stall them. I didn't use any violence toward them (unless you count a ripped shirt and bruised ego). So I showed restraint. I was acting in defence of my hard-earned money. If it escalated to a fight I would then have been acting in full participation, merely with my own judgement on my side rather than the safety net of self-defence. My own judgement was ruled satisfactory by a police officer (2, if you count the WPC who was also there).
With all this in mind, what's your point? I seem to have followed all of your (sorry, someone else's) guidelines.

As for the real men and women who fight crime... Rodney King? Or the poor unfortunate who got shot by a NYPD officer for trying to drive away? You cite the police as the answer to everything, but nothing is without a downside in this world.

What this boils down to is your need to argue, and to try and win these arguments. That I can't fault you with, I love a good bit of banter myself. But your rep and popularity (can it be measured in negative terms?) suggest your particular brand of debate does you no favours. True, you get me replying, but I'm a GloryHound, and we never quit. But to you that's probably an adolescent male pride thing, brought on by a tiny penis and bad parenting.

My advice is to get out into the real world, experience a bit of life, think for yourself a bit more and maybe you can post something worth reading.

Peace:)

Hurrikane

P.S. Loki, from what I read Mindstar thinks I could have done it differently but has no real issue with what happened, as it ended ok. She's just being nice, something Brooklyn wouldn't see a need for, despite her call for a perfect world.

Hurrikane

“unfortunate spawn of New York's Finest.”

“you are little more than an attention-seeking twerp”

“Silly little girl.”

lokiscamerso

“I see now why you are such a dunderhead.”

Naverith

“Brooklyn, you're a cowardly, liberal moron.”

Danielle

“Noun 1. dunderhead - a stupid person; these words are used to express a low opinion of someone's intelligence.
also see : blockhead, bonehead, dumbass, dunce, fuckhead, hammerhead, knucklehead, loggerhead, lunkhead, muttonhead, numskull, shithead, dolt, dullard, pillock, poor fish, pudden-head, pudding head, stupe”

And I think you'll find that everyone here was also exercising a lot of restraint.

Hurrikane

P.S. Thanks for the rep, no thanks for the on-going row which might get this thread locked. Try to be a bit more articulate in your next post, please?

Last edited:
I would pick different title for Brooklyn material:
"How to apply the ass su..... and ball li.... tactics of NY business executives to get out of a fight." jk

I can understand MS9 why you can relate to Brooklyn. Women have always relied in the course of history on different tactics than men to achive their means as they`ve lacked the strenght men have for a direct confrontation. Used instead clock `n dagger tactics of deception, seduction(using sex as weapon),poison:laugh:etc. Brooklyn ofc is just a jedi in the arts of cloack and dagger and has level up a bit more to become a padawan. She`ll achieve that once she won`t show anger and spit venom in each and every of her posts.

Some people just can`t be cold blooded snakes and purge their emotions in order to get better results in a certain situation and would rather smack the vermin in the head or die trying.

And my dear ... I can understand why you responded to what I wrote in the way I did, but ... aside from the quoted material, which is not content authored by Brook that I said carried some truth, I do have a perspective on this that I feel I gave in an earlier post.

However ... perhaps I need to be a little clearer. I look at every incident based on the situational factors that motivate behavioral action ... either positive or negative. In Hurri's case ... I absolutely understand and can appreciate all the components involved in what the challenge was ... especially the emotional intensity, and the motivation driving it.

What I disagreed with, was ... Hurri grabbing the key ring, which could have been the catalyst toward escalating the incident to a much more dangerous level, and the ending result turning out far different than it had. He took a risk in this case without regard to possible consequences ... and perhaps some that could have been harmful.

Now ... what I would appreciate ... is not being clumped into a gender-related mindset that depicts "women" being related to a set course of "cloak and dagger tactics of deception" in how they allegedly deal with confrontation. :laugh:

Generalizing in this sense (no matter what historical data might say) ... removes the unique and current challenges that women face, which require a more immediate response, rather than devising some drawn out cloak and dagger plan to achieve an end result. :silly2:

That said ... I agree that women physically can be the weaker sex, and therefore, how a situation is dealt with will certainly vary. Men usually don't attack women they feel will be more of a challenge, but look for easy prey ... makes sense from an attacker's point of view.

The thing is ... regardless of what Brook is posting in this thread, my point of view is ... if you are in a situation where it's not an immediate physical attack on your person, and where you have to react instantaneously to defend yourself, then ... purposely behaving in a way that has the potential to push the situation into the danger zone with possible harm as a result, that is what I feel is a poor decision. And therefore, why I didn't agree with Hurri grabbing the key ring and getting more aggressively in the face of the French guy. As it was, when the policeman got there, he handled it perfectly, but ... prior to his arrival, it could have escalated to something worse.

As I said in an earlier post ... we can speculate all we want with regard to how we would respond to certain situations (male or female), but until you're actually faced with a challenge, you really don't know how you would react, or how you would handle it. There is stereotypical behavior attached to both males and females, but situational factors, and personal variables, make the experiences unique in the way we deal with confrontation.

And for the record ... I don't buy into everything Brook posts, or fully support the manner in which she presents content, but ... when she does include information that I feel is valid and relevant, I will say so. However, in doing so, I also don't expect to be labeled, categorized, or lumped into a generalization about gender. ;)

Edit:

Thanks for the footnote Hurri ... it's appreciated. I'm glad that you realize that I am not personally attacking you, but rather just looking at the incident through my own perspective and contributing my thoughts. I'm very glad that it all turned out ok for you. I appreciate that you understand where I'm coming from with all of this. :hug:

Last edited:
MS9, true that her last long post was, all she did was cite sources of random information which could be countered with the opposite style posts/news articles. She herself said nothing other than her regularly "pissy, snotty" garbage.

Brooklyn, you have yet to answer how old you are (general age, since I know most women are touchy in that area), and if you have ever been in a situation that involved NO escape from potential violence (mugging, sexual assault, kidnapping, etc).
MS9 is right on the fact that you can scream to the heavens all day long how you will never hurt another human being, violence isn't the key... ya know what? Talk with a mother who saw her child be threatened, and had that stance originally. She'll tell you how she beat that sunova bitch to within an inch of his life. Talk with a gorgeous sexy redhead pacifist... after someone attempted to sexually assault her, and find out she grabbed the nearest board with a nail in it, and caved his skull in (along with his gonads). I could SERIOUSLY go on with RL examples of people I know, have spoken with, and even been the facilitating factor in them changing their view on pacifism/reliance upon law enforcement.

You are here doing nothing other than passing judgment on people you don't know personally, situations you have never been in, conditions and circumstances you cannot comprehend, by the mere fact that you are not the person involved in the instance (not meaning that as a lack of mental capacity, as your copy/paste skills are pro, btw!).
Fine. You think Hurrikane shouldn't have done what he did. WTF is you bitching and moaning about it like an ignored spoiled brat here on the forum going to accomplish? Nothing other than wreck your reputation, because with your attitude and posting style, you are definitely not going to be amassing an army of followers to your 'cause'.

Now that I'm done with that section of my response...

Brooklyn, do you really think that the listed state for ones current residence on EF is where they stuck their feet in the ground upon birth, and never moved? If so, I pity your ignorance. Being in the same industry as Naverith was at the time, that story he mentioned was very fondly told by many of the male members of the company later on, as THEM wishing they were the ones up on stage having done that :laugh:. (and it was probably closer to the mid 90's, TBH).
And seriously... oh em gee. He forgot the "H" from "Hmong". OMG HE MUST BE LYING HE MISPELT IT. :rolleyes:

To your previous point of finding it "silly" when a man tries to control a conversation with a women, I'm guessing your mother forgot to teach you one very important point when dealing with men - you occasionally have to let them win, or else we pout! :( :silly2:
(btw, thank you for proving my point exactly as I stated it, I won a bet by your response ;))

You won't take this advice from me, because you hate men who know how to be Men, but I'll give it anyway:
Take what is left of your reputation, honor and integrity, and simply walk out of this thread and delete your subscription to it, so you aren't tempted to respond anymore - because the more you post right now, the more of an ass you make yourself in just about everyone's eyes.

Two final things I did find funny, though.
You haven't responded to PeePs post yet, and you think that Idaho is famous for it's potatoes, when it's known as the Gem State - because next to Alaska, it has the highest volume of ores & gems (pull up an old mining map for Idaho, seriously - it'll blow your mind how many mines are/were up there!)

Aye, I would like to point out that I don't admire anything about the man except his lack of fear and ability to not feel pain, and the way he channelled a lot of his violence to deserving people (heroin dealers etc). I still would not like to be in the same room as him and don't consider him a hero. A nutter yes, someone I'd direct a wife-beater to, but not someone I'd aspire to meet or emulate. But everyone has their uses, as shows in the clip.

As for Once Were Warriors, that doesn't show all of NZ life at all, just what happens in poor urban areas everywhere. Just in NZ, the (maori) guys are that much...bigger lol.

Hurrikane

Anywhere outside of the CBD's and inner suburbs of the two bigger cities is largely like OWW... I grew up in a place much like the movie around characters much like the movie, now I choose to not live around that kind of thing (see; big city CBD and inner suburbs lol) although I still have many people like those that are in OWW as friends, as even the most evil giants can have a gentle side! ;)
I don't respect Chopper Reed for any reason other than the ones you've stated, I was mainly pointing out the movie cause it's cool and shows what the "hard asses" of Aus are like (kinda) and it's a damn good movie hehe :wtg:

[edit]Oh and I feel sorry for those who are arguing/debating with brooklyn and/or trying to enlighten her. You should know by now she's convinced herself she's the be and end of all opinions, aka a waste of time. All your response does is feed her, she's like a child, any attention is good attention.

*waits for attack from brooklyn (which I can't see cause I ignore her YAY)*[/edit]

Last edited:
[edit]Oh and I feel sorry for those who are arguing/debating with brooklyn and/or trying to enlighten her. You should know by now she's convinced herself she's the be and end of all opinions, aka a waste of time. All your response does is feed her, she's like a child, any attention is good attention.

hear hear !! :beerchug:
If you don't feed the troll .. you'll just assist it in it's own long-awaited forum death! :D

Here B - from EF straight to you - enjoy it ! :grouphug:

For Brooklyn

Brooklyn,

You never did respond to my post. Did I hit a nerve?

PeeP

I would rep this post if I could, good stuff mate, I hate the fact that there are such cunts out there but sadly there's a whole legion of them in every city.

The old adage always applies, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

enjoyed the story and all the comments.. There is a lesson to be learned in all things, with the added bonus of some laughter.. :D

Well, isn't it quiet. If you're still reading this thread Brooklyn, take a moment and think. Nearly every post you write makes normal people angry in some way. Sarcasm and smugness make people irritated and annoyed. The way you voice your opinions, in other words, is more likely to provoke violence than mine. I hope you never find yourself in a situation where you provoke someone to violence against you, but you are very capable of this, which goes against everything you've quoted.

Hurrikane

Oh yea - I forogt ! :clap:

A very happy Late B-day to 'Z' from our house !! :yay: :woot: :dance:

:headbang:

I like threads like this.

It starts as a tale of a bloke who wanted to surprise his girlfriend with a present. But, he got diddled by a scumbag. So, this bloke confronted the scumbag and got his money back and what he was after. And all was well. He and his girlfriend got to see the show.

The slight altercation that ensued during the process is tense, but a proper result is arrived at. And life moves on.

What is always interesting, as with all threads like this, is the diversity of response from the great community of EF, that come from all sorts of different walks of life. One of the prime reasons why I love the EF community.

Always an interesting read. Some, as usual, take it to excess. Brooklyn is one of these. Although Brooklyn does have a history with Hurrikane and will argue the case against Hurrikane whatever he says.

This being said though, Brooklyn does present a valid opponent point of view on the occurrence detailed in the OP. This is an alternative point of view on what "should" have happened, and the motives, reasons etc behind it.

From my point of view, Hurrikane acted pretty much as I would have done. Although I cant say for sure till I am lumped in the same situation. I would think that I would rather like to have a suitably sized stick with nails in it to help the negotiations along. But in reality I would have been calm, collected and would try to be adamant on what I was after. This is how I see Hurrikanes actions. I thought he was pretty calm about the whole thing, no matter what was going on inside. And because of this restraint, an amicable solution was arrived at once the Law got involved.

I do heed the point of view from people like Brooklyn, but I do feel that people like Brooklyn have not really been exposed to situation like this and worse. People like Brooklyn have probably been brought up and live in a sheltered and protected enclave, never having had to experience the seedier side of this great big world in which we live. And there is nothing wrong with that at all. It all presents a ulterior modus operandi.

So, basically, as I was saying, I love threads like this as it exemplifies the diversity of the community in which we move in here.

And diversity is good. Without it, this would all be rather boring and un-inspirational.

;):laugh:;)
Can’t live with her
:scratch2:
Can’t live without her
Can’t shoot her*
:mad:

*Unless I dunderheadedly put myself in a situation
where I can be shot and possibly robbed as well…
like…in PVP?

Last edited:
Can’t live with her
Can’t live without her
Can’t shoot her*

like…in PVP?

You seem to have run out of things to say.... thank god.

Hurrikane

Can’t live with her
Can’t live without her
Can’t shoot her*

like…in PVP?

Don't worry we shall find you in there one of these days ;)

You seem to have run out of things to say.... thank god.

Hurrikane

What... don't you need some more plus reps?

I still have to answer peet and your questions... just don't feel like today... the sun is shining...:cool:

What... don't you need some more plus reps?

I still have to answer peet and your questions... just don't feel like today... the sun is shining...:cool:

Sun is shining and you can`t take more negativity and will be back for more once you feel you can take up some more. Violent posts such as yours breed violent responses(violence breeds violence in general) in different forms even if they appear as sensible replies, root of them is pure feeling, one of resentment in this case.
I say now that you`ve presented your neck, stay down`n stop biting back.

Back