I hate hospitals...

Sparhawke

Old Alpha
Society
Children of Atom (Traveller)
So there I was, Friday night and my brother gave me a ring to ask my help for dismantling a garage door...in hindsight I should've known something was up when I kept dreading the day and being sure something would go wrong...

So there I am at 11am , we are chatting away as you do, him talking about all the changes he has done to his house and bragging about how nice it looks, though he is going to be a daddy for the first time on Wednesday so it is to be expected I suppose then we go outside to inspect the mess.

What it was, is a garage door which slides into th roof, this is weighing in at a good 400lb and he wants me to hold it so it doesnt come down on his head while it takes out the securing bolts...

It drops but I managed to keep it held up and we lower it down and then start dismantling it, at which point one of the springs somehow gets hidden under the door and as we are lowering it for the last time it breaks free....and catapults the holding bar straight at my face...

So now I have 10 stitches holding my nose to my face where it sheared through the bottom of my nostrils and will likely have my brother wanting to borrow a nose for years to come to "entertain" my nephew or niece :(

Still, an inch or two higher and I would've been hearing for years how I could have my eye out with something like that lol

your very lucky to say the least the springs on the garage doors put the cables under a lot of presure they can cut very deeply when they suddenly release

glad your ok and only a few stitches it could have been a lot worse tell your brother he buys the beer from now on

:eek: Oh Nooooos, heal sooon :( I have a fap in you need it :D

Heh that reminds me of how lucky my past weekends and today were going.

When a geek uses tools its a dangerous thing! ;)

:eek: Oh Nooooos, heal sooon :( I have a fap in you need it :D

Thanks for the offer, but I will be healed in a few days, much like when one of those rolling bins got thrown off the top of a wagon and my head happened to break its fall....:silly2:

There's alot of kinetic energy stored in the spring system of a garage door. You are a lucky man!

Get well soon mate, that sounds like no fun at all.

Hurrikane

Ouch :eek:

Harsh, man. Wishing you a speedy and Full recovery :thumbup:

Back