Question: Is sweating enjoyable or just a grind?

Is sweating fun in Entropia?

• Yes its the best fun ever

Votes: 27 11.1%
  • It is bearable and useful for skills/peds

Votes: 105 43.0%
  • Boring and time consuming, would rather eat dung

Votes: 96 39.3%
  • Hate all sweaters

Votes: 16 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

northstar

Provider
Society
entropia maniacs
north northy star
Please make a post about the ups and downs of sweating in Entropia Universe. It would be interesting to know players feelings.

it sometimes is bearable,although at times it can become such a burden that i would better co find stones or dung

I think that ones look on sweating is dependant on why they are doing it.

If someone's just sweating to make money, then I would imagine it's quite a grind.

Some people sweat at nea's to pass the time while they are visiting with friends either at nea's or in soc, this would be enjoyable.

Others do it to gain mindforce/defensive skills, this is a nice way to cover skilling costs and even though it's still a grind, the fact that you're levelling up can help make it seem more worthwhile/enjoyable.

Still others sweat while they are hunting in order to help cover ammo costs and to earn defense/mindforce skills, personally I think this is the most enjoyable way of going at it, not only are you getting free skills/money but you get to have a chance to score some loot as well as level up ones offensive skills, an all around win win situation.

I've been sweating for over 3.5 years at swamp camp and I must say I still have fun doing it. I don't sweat thinking it's boring and I wish I'll get a global soon... I am just chatting with soc mates and friends and press the sweat button when I'm done typing. I have fun and I dont lose money, that's all that matters.

Sometimes i can enjoy it, but mostly im doing it because i lost my (deposited) peds on mining/hunting before.

I think sweating is very fun. My goal is lvl 100 sweat gather. Then I will be so uber! Only lvl 15 now so long way to go.

I am a nees sweater, but recently have begun to solo sweat for the evade type skills.

I hate swunting. solo or group. If I wanted to spend my time sweating thats what I would be doing....when I go hunt I just want to hunt. but then I sweat 95% of my time in game.

I have found that I gather more sweat per hour now that I have a sweat beam green mohawk, guess it works like camo and keeps the ambu from seeing me as easy. :D

was more fun before, when sweat was actually worth something :silly2:

I never liked to sweat and it is my lowest skill, though my mindforce skills are high. I know several others that seem to really like sweating and have incredibly high skills.

I don't care to craft at all, but there are many that prefer to nothing else but craft.

I like to mine once in a while, but could not do it day in and day out like the hard core miners do.

I like to hunt quite a lot though.

Nice thing about this place we have, there is enough choice we can all find something we will probably enjoy. For me that enjoyment is certainly not sweating!

I spent my first 6 months in PE (as it was called back then) Sweating.

It was an enjoyable grind.
I Grinded it with friends (now no longer in EU, sadly) and we chatted, and amused ourselves while grinding.

the skills I gained stood me in good stead, but the friends I lost (now no longer In Eu regularly) I would gladly take back, and lose the skills since gained.

Personally I sweat to get skills and peds as a non depositor its very important to me and would probably be the end of my playing if it was ever taken away.

I like to do small sweat hunts when I'm bored-Take 5 peds of ammo, opalo, no armour and go sweat some daikis :) Shoot when they annoy me, at the end I usually have enough sweat to cover any losses, and sometimes its a little profit :) If the sweat doesn't cover the losses, I sweat until I get the initial 5 peds back-I break even and I have more skills :)

I find it usually breaks up the tedium of sweating, and the skills keep coming when I don't want to go on a proper hunt ;)

Frankenberry-NBK Legion

i think sweating can be very enjoyeble. Sweating at swamp camp and have fun conversations while doing it isnt too bad. And making a goal for ur reason to sweat makes it awhole lot funnier. I can even find it relaxing... i usually go sweat after i have had a good run ie many globals or general high average loot. Makes u calm down abit and calculate ur next move :laugh:

Guess i like :sweat:

To me it's just a skill grind when I'm out of ped. If there was an option to collect zero sweat but gain 3x the skills, I'd always have that option checked off.

Grinding at it worst, imho..

I struggle to understand the people that actually believe they are making money this way. 5 PED (or whatever the rates are now) in 4 or 5 hours is such a time consuming effort it isn`t making any sense.
:rolleyes:
Newsflash, thats 0.50 $, or 50 Cents (not 50 Cent :laugh:).
If someone has all that time on their hands to invest in a mind-finger-altogether numbness, be my guest. I ain`t wasting my time on this BS.

I would chose a different activity, but it is bearable, and useful for a non-depositor like me.

It's a bearable grind. I'd choose another activity given the choice. By itself it's incredibly tedious, but I like to do it while watching TV or chatting with people. much better that way. :D Of course would be much more enjoyable if it were worth a lot more, but oh well... :rolleyes:

I enjoy sweating; the skills in mindforce and defense are a plus; but another added bounes is that im usually chatting with friends in PMs (this sometimes leaves me forgetting to push the key to sweat or the mob is already dry and the group has left me - so i usually don't get much sweat - :laugh: ) and don't say it is typical of women to forget the task when chatting. :laugh:

Sometimes I will just go on a swunt hunt myself with my TT sword, blade and knuckles. I have not really lost much and the best part is - I have gained some skills. :)

Sometime i sweat when i feel for it...it can be fun and btw i soon have 1600 in Sweat gathering skill.:)

For me, sweating is pure skill grind - well maybe partly just a way to agitate the mobs I'm about to kill. It's a lot of fun with about 5 chats and Atlas Haven Radio going :cool:

Boring??? Compared to what… clicking 100 times… on auto aim…or running in a straight line dropping 1000 charges… clicking on manufacture button 1000000 times…

Am I crazy… How can sweating be boring…first you have a sweat dance… then your hands glow… green rings shoot out… sweat success rings “ka-ping”… you are guarnteed a return… your loot screen fills with bottles with different amounts… mob unexpectedly gets pissed off…turns charges…Flight or Fight response kicks in… you run… you swedunk*… or… you arm… you kill… you loot… and if you really want to make an exciting and very intimate experience… do as I do… Dance with a Dak... Jig with the Ambu... Pogo a chicken… while you’re doing it…

*Swedunk: the ancient Swedish pratice of sweating and drowning of Moose

or

Dunkswe: the ancient Chinese practice placing mobs near or in the water to draw it's chi in order to increase their sweat...then drowing them...so their spirit spawns with more sweat...

PS: This would have been much more fun and not so boring with centering, bold type and smilies… but I have been warned against inflaming passions….

Last edited:
When I was just starting I enjoyed sweating. I had fun cause EU was all shiny and new to me. I made friends there. I got invited to my first Soc there.

Then I got into hunting and when I HAD to sweat to be able to do the hunting it became a grind.

I have been a miner now for over 2 years and self sweating to use the nexus I mined has done its fair share of payback for the "Grind". Now I do it only when I am low on ME for teleporting all over as I no longer skill on nerve blast since the return in EU is so poor it makes MF skilling totally not thinkable.

I enjoy the times I get to go sweat as I mix it with healing people and talking to people I have not seen for a while or younger socmates I dont normally see due to running all over the planet making holes.

So there are many plus's and minus's to sweating depending on when and why you do it.

I sweat because I need me, I don't do it for the skills or the money. I think if I needed to sweat to get some money out of it I'd quit instantly.

I used to sweat at neas, but it's just too much a mess there (both regarding the people and the lag), now if I need me I sweat somewhere on my own and while doing that and try not to pay too much attention to it, I watch the news or a movie or something like that.

It's a bit more annoying than crafting, cause you need to every once in a while pay attention what you do cause the mob is dry or attacking you. With crafting you can push the eu window in a corner and just randomly click. :rolleyes:

I sweat because I need me, I don't do it for the skills or the money. I think if I needed to sweat to get some money out of it I'd quit instantly.

I used to sweat at neas, but it's just too much a mess there (both regarding the people and the lag), now if I need me I sweat somewhere on my own and while doing that and try not to pay too much attention to it, I watch the news or a movie or something like that.

It's a bit more annoying than crafting, cause you need to every once in a while pay attention what you do cause the mob is dry or attacking you. With crafting you can push the eu window in a corner and just randomly click. :rolleyes:

Ye you put some good point here :) you have more fun when you sweating then to when you crafting because it happends lot more. ++ Rep to you. :yay: :yay:

I have tried out sweating so I can say I've done it. Well, I guess if I could have some of my RL friends here I could sweat and talk S**T with him/her but as far as making PEDs... I rather deposit my hard earned 10$ to have some fun with my crafting machine :wtg::wtg:

i voted best fun ever, but then again i deposit to avoid this side of the project entropia life! Its bareable with other people, but on your own i get tedious and end up shooting the damn thing -- note to self dont start on provider daikiba's

It's fun when you're doing it to skill/ chat/ help other newbies.
It sucks when you have to do it to earn your PEDs (if you're a nondepo).

But, it's free skills + money.
I'd rather just swunt at Nea's. You have a chance of hitting it big that way.

yeh it sux more when you have to earn with gather sweat even you deposite lol :yay:
it was fun now and then
but there are times I rather eat dungs..
or invite the lootbalance managers and eat the dungs together
ah that thought pleases me...
need to gather more dungs for diner ..
1K dung each, how many people will come?:confused:

I love sweat. Just talking to the people there makes the time go by and before you know it you have more sweat then you thought you have gathered. Its not always about getting the sweat but more about saving peds and meeting new people. Some may not agree but hey im sure some do ;)

I tried sweating for about an hour. Then I said F it and depo'd 10k peds. It will take epic loss' for me to sweat ever again.

I tried for a hour then realised I would make faster money collecting cans on the street eand recycle. So I startd depo.

Back