Removal of Personal Revival Terminals

Status

Kjetil

Stalker
Society
Via Dolorosa
Kjetil
It has been some rumors about removal of personal revival terminals and I got copy of something interesting here:

MindArk wrote,
"We need to inform you about an item in your possession. The management has decided that the personal revival terminals will not again be made operational and therefore we will now buy this item back from you.
You may choose between the sum of 5000 PED OR a Powerful Resurrection Chip. Please respons to this by sending us a support ticket within the next four weeks and let us know which of these two options you prefer."

I think this compensation is good and I wonder about if the Resurrection chip will even be more usefull in the future.

/Kjetil :cool:

what if you refuse ??? :D

Kjetil i think you should show the source of this message.
Quote the link to Entropia Pioneers Forum and the name of who posted that.
At least he gets credits.

francine said:

I heared rumors from EP. No need to post any link.

No you'd better precise who started the rumor as you know who started the rumor.
And in this case its John JD Doe in this thread
http://entropia-pioneers.kicks-ass.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29126&highli0ght=

John Doe from EP said:
Post subject: MA's buy back on Personal Revival Terminals
Nice 500% profit on this considering what I bought it for - lol
Bought it when they were useless thinking it would be a nice keepsake and investment.

MindArk wrote,
"We need to inform you about an item in your possession. The management has decided that the personal revival terminals will not again be made operational and therefore we will now buy this item back from you.
You may choose between the sum of 5000 PED OR a Powerful Resurrection Chip. Please respons to this by sending us a support ticket within the next four weeks and let us know which of these two options you prefer."
And thats the original message posted on Jan 23, 2:46 2006

francine said:
No you'd better precise who started the rumor as you know who started the rumor.

And thats the original message posted on Jan 23, 2:46 2006

Also remember the timezones so the date can be some inaccurate. :wise:
Normally it is not me who post various rumors on the board, but it is good that I can get help from a professional in posting rumors though. ;)

My post was not to take any credit, but only to be informative since EF is much more used then EP. Discussion in EP have been going on for a little while before it was posted on EF and I also tried to search for a thread about this subject before I posted it.

Now, let us better discuss the topic.

What do you think about MA doing this and will we see more of it in the future with other items or even skills?

Kjetil said:
Also remember the timezones so the date can be some inaccurate. :wise:
Normally it is not me who post various rumors on the board, but it is good that I can get help from a professional in posting rumors though. ;)

My post was not to take any credit, but only to be informative since EF is much more used then EP. Discussion in EP have been going on for a little while before it was posted on EF and I also tried to search for a thread about this subject before I posted it.

Now, let us better discuss the topic.

What do you think about MA doing this and will we see more of it in the future with other items or even skills?

I hope not, I never want to get the following but I guess its possible :|

MindArk wrote,
"We need to inform you about an item in your possession. The management has decided that the mod/imp/adj fap is unbalanced and will made un-operational therefore we will now buy this item back from you.
You may choose between the sum of 5000 PED OR a FAP-110. Please respons to this by sending us a support ticket within the next four weeks and let us know which of these two options you prefer."

---for those who jump to conclusions -- the TEXT ABOVE IS FAKE ---

kygon said:
I hope not, I never want to get the following but I guess its possible :|

MindArk wrote,
"We need to inform you about an item in your possession. The management has decided that the mod/imp/adj fap is unbalanced and will made un-operational therefore we will now buy this item back from you.
You may choose between the sum of 5000 PED OR a FAP-110. Please respons to this by sending us a support ticket within the next four weeks and let us know which of these two options you prefer."

---for those who jump to conclusions -- the TEXT ABOVE IS FAKE ---

I am pretty sure that this will never happen since those items (Mod FAP and FAP-110) are pretty equal in its basic functions. My guess is that the personal revival terminal was removed because of the change of MA's roadmap. Also the compensation on a very good item or the chose of peds that is way over marketprice is good.
If Mod FAP was removed in the future, I am sure that the reason would be new handeling of medic ingame and the compensation would be an equal good item on new system so marketprice would not fall.

Kjetil said:
I am pretty sure that this will never happen since those items (Mod FAP and FAP-110) are pretty equal in its basic functions. My guess is that the personal revival terminal was removed because of the change of MA's roadmap. Also the compensation on a very good item or the chose of peds that is way over marketprice is good.
If Mod FAP was removed in the future, I am sure that the reason would be new handeling of medic ingame and the compensation would be an equal good item on new system so marketprice would not fall.

I know , it was just an example (possbily a bad one!) but I've never seen MA 'recall' an item before just makes me a little worried what could come next

The only thing i can think of that MA recalled was stock certifcates itch the gave back they bought back at 200% of pruchase price. They seem to be treating people fairly in this issue by either offering cash or a item that perfomes similar function but obviously needs skill. Chances are they are recalling it for a good reason like it interfeares with a new feature I can only see MA makeing money of this item so can't be for financly reasons.

Well,as MichyBlueEyes is saying ,the Personal Revival Terminal are interfering with a new feature.And i think this new feature is Resurrection Chip.
Thats why they offer a trade with Resurrection Chip.

So, where do they get the five grand from? Their own pocket or the pool? :laugh:

I knew I should have bought those for ~1.9k :wise:

McCormick said:
I knew I should have bought those for ~1.9k :wise:
No you didn't know, just like you didn't know to buy Microsoft or Cisco shares in 1990 ;) Why does everyone give themselves a hard time over not predicting the future? :wise:

Bedamax said:
No you didn't know, just like you didn't know to buy Microsoft or Cisco shares in 1990 ;) Why does everyone give themselves a hard time over not predicting the future? :wise:

Well put +rep ;)

Kjetil said:

Of course we will see more like this in the future, as we have seen in the past.... PE is Dynamic = they will change what ever they feel needs to be changed.

Though quite odd that no compensation was offered when dynamically changing the 1x0 axe's...but I suppose the financial "class" of people own personal revive terminals and who owns 1x0 axes are not tha same in concideration.

Though I dont feel that the compensation is fair ( $ maybe, res chip, no), if I understand correctly, you need a hell of a lot more skills to use a Res chip than ya need to use a personal revive terminal. FAIR compensation would be a revive chip AND the additional skills to use it as effectively as they were able to use their personal revive terminal.
I can see why they want/need to replace the PRT with the Res chip but in the end it isnt close to the came function since even with a revive chip, you arent able to revive your self personally.

@Bedamax
I didnt knew they would be exchanged for 5k peds one day... but I had this feeling, spending my peds on thes PRTs would be a good idea. :)

Take the ped.

Even with 3k biotropy, success rates with res chips <bleeeeeeeeeeeep>.

:hammer:

dub said:
Take the ped.

Even with 3k biotropy, success rates with res chips <bleeeeeeeeeeeep>.

:hammer:

Yes i experienced that as a dead waiting for resurrection....
It took 4-5 attempts to my friend.Too bad.I didnot dare to ask him if ME is wasted when you fail :o:

Yeah, here I am! Apologies 'Still getting used to 2 forums and forgot my password for EF'

The info is genuine! came to me via email on the 20th January. (I have a 4 year reputation in this game and 70+ members in my society to back that up) I am not in the habit of posting FAKES

Ill buy Personal Revival Terminals at less than 5000 peds to back it up - lol

COME CHECK IT OUT
I will put the Terminal at our society (PE Directory) HQ located at Genisis Star Tower C - 1E

Research EP to see why it was removed for good reason!

I bought mine Very Cheap after the function had been removed with the hunch that they would be fixed and the price skyrocket. 5000 PED is high but it has stopped my lobbying and whining to have it fixed.

My suggestion was that only the owner could select it when dead and revive to it if it was placed in your estate.

See the EP thread for additional comments.

Yours sincerely
John JD Doe - PE Directory

They way it worked:

You dropped it and it goes into the network of Revival Terminals In game.
Meaning that if you die near one you go to the nearest revive terminal, being the dropped one.
Alot of people found themselves reviving at players apartments unexpectedly.
Or at a PRT that was being gaurded, meaning you went into a Groudhog day death cycle.

J D said:
They way it worked:

You dropped it and it goes into the network of Revival Terminals In game.
Meaning that if you die near one you go to the nearest revive terminal, being the dropped one.
Alot of people found themselves reviving at players apartments unexpectedly.
Or at a PRT that was being gaurded, meaning you went into a Groudhog day death cycle.

Duh unless it was in a appartment that groundhog day would end on the second kill :p
I would just revive and pick it up :laugh:

And yes I was going to buy one, but unfortunatly MA didn't let me deposit on time to get it from auction and the next auction went higher than I expect and again I didn't had enough PEDs to buy it (I have an unfortunate habit of when I see too many PEDs in my card of buying really strange things, normally I'm right like this example would be in the case that I actually had bought one)

are there also personal trade, repair, and society terminals? ow how about storage terminals? wait isn't that what houses are half for anyways?

Personal Carfting Machines exist.

526 Personal Manufacturing terminal
They exist and are working almost has they should.
I can craft in my appartment but so far all my friends that went there can't interact with it.
Other cool places were you can craft with one:
Just near a Drill Tower.
Inside PvP3 [I wonder if anybody as the balls to go autoclicking there :p ]
Anywere else you wish.
Haven't tried inside a space mission yet since I'm affraid that the server goes offline and I loose my precious.

ok 2 questions then.

does a personal manufactureing terminal make all things or is there one for each type?
how much do they usualys ell for?

This is so going offtopic...

I hate that they take the revivals out. They are THE BEST lighting solution indoors.

francine said:

what? i think mindarc gets the credits for the quote.. are you saying everyone who got this msg is supposed to be listed as well? if you're so concerned with that sorta stuff then he did give credit to who wrote it, mindarc

Status
Back