Battle Royale

Not suprised about that. Several films have tried to follow the ilk. "The Tournament" was probably the one that followed most of the idea's the closest, but it simply didn't project the participents desperation in the way that Battle Royale did.
Another one that tried it was the film "Mean Guns." and I actually kinda liked that film, but it's main issue for me was that all the main players all stayed alive until the very end scenes in the film.
A friend of mine told me she had seen a trailer for an American re-make of the Battle Royale and said it looked god-awful.

The Hunger Games I have not seen yet, but I hold out hope for this particular film to do well in it's genre. Looks slick, and looks like it gives the audiance enough time to meet the characters and know them before the game begins. I do want to see that film very much.

Anyone that can give me an opinion on it before I do?

Anyone that can give me an opinion on it before I do?

Due to the time constraints, "artistic license", etc. books usually get mangled on the way to the Big Screen. However, here, they did a great job of staying true. They almost never deviate from the book, even handling fight scenes as they're described in the book.

Very good book. Very good movie.

Back