Planet Calypso VU 10.0 has entered Test phase

Status
Oooh! Can't wait! In fact, I'm wetting myself with anticipation...

...NOT! :D While it's nice to hear some news, I won't be happy until I see VU10.0 being truly implemented.

And lawl, 3D Realms going the way of the Dodo was the news I was expecting. Ahh, though it's kinda sad to finally see rest in peace the Vaporware ATH. :rolleyes:

ok.. time to go get that gfx card update :)

With DX11 cards coming out this year I would not rush out to buy something right now. Te longer one waits, the cheaper the stuff gets.
Besides, even if some lower ends specs one will be able to play it, just not in it's full glory :D

If you go by that rule, you can never get any new equipment :)
There is always something better coming "within half a year"...
And if you just want "good enough" you can get a cheap card for that already today.

Omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg!!!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
VU 10.0 ftw!!!

Wow great to hear the test phase started also on the time you stated before :).

So now you are in the next phase could we have a statement with what is the causse of the delay? Or did I miss that one? And I am pretty sure the reason of the delay is good.

greetings,

alius ally micnolius

P.S. I guess the next news will be from create a critter :) can't wait :wtg:

Godzilla's gonads! Testing phase. Let's hope it's smooth and we get a release this summer :)

Things are looking good for 2010!

And...do we need a link to a page that says the exact same things as your post?

VU10 in 2010? :laugh:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcyzb9xGqvM[/YOUTUBE]

wohooo, realy nice :D
its comming soon :)

I cannot belive I forgot to put this in my first post, so here goes:

"Screenshots or it isn't happening!"

Sorry to be a doubter, but you said internal testing would begin in May, and while it is still technically May (though very late) just saying you are doing it to meet a milestone doesn't PROVE you are doing it.

Sorry...been here a long time...been burned a few times.:(

Screenshots aren't that hard. Push a button. Upload. Done. We don't care if it's not polished, I just want proof you are meeting the milestones you have set for yourself, especially since you are telling us you have...

Godzilla's gonads! Testing phase. Let's hope it's smooth and we get a release this summer :)

VU10 in 2010? :laugh:

Yeah...Q3 if my predictions are correct...Q2 if I am feeling optimistic.

MA has a long track record of big promises and long delays. Lets see if FPC is any different....

I cannot belive I forgot to put this in my first post, so here goes:

"Screenshots or it isn't happening!"

Sorry to be a doubter, but you said internal testing would begin in May, and while it is still technically May (though very late) just saying you are doing it to meet a milestone doesn't PROVE you are doing it.

Sorry...been here a long time...been burned a few times.:(

Screenshots aren't that hard. Push a button. Upload. Done. We don't care if it's not polished, I just want proof you are meeting the milestones you have set for yourself, especially since you are telling us you have...

You are SO right! :thumbup:

Screenies or it's just another load of Bull.

First, Can I get my first ubber plz?

Looking forward to the much anticipated update :yay:

Another good reason to buy a new PC.

Lets celebrate! ATH's for everyone!!! :D

No? How bout a HOF then?

I'm looking forward to this, only hope my machine is too :(

With CE2 comes the new planets right? I'm wondering if it's ONLY FPC testing now, or maybe others too? They must be keen to get rolling?

t

Don't worry people about the computer ;)

It's still an MMORPG....it isn't a top of the notch 2009 Q3 just released game running on 13 fps on 8 cores and 5 gb of ram, with 4 or whatever SLI hand-made Nvidia!!

If you have shader 2.0 or 3.0 I think it will work nice..Dx 10 blah blah

Im so excited!! :yay::yay:

Give us a video of actual gameplay while you mine/hunt with all the HUD etc. ;)

Will noobs be able to travel between planets like between continents?
Or will "we" have to pay for tickets?

Just bumping this so that it is ahead of the 'stupid' Chirpy thread... sighs:rolleyes:

Cheers, Nobleone :beerchug:

Ok here goes!

MA/FPC EMPLOYEE CONTEST!!!

The closest employee guess of VU 10 gets 4,000 EFD!!!!

CMON you guys! I know how many of you are EFD Whores over there in Sweden.

So lets get those guesses in!!!

Marco? Frank? Anyone???

I have grown cynical about MA/FPC communications and ETA's
but brushing that aside,

I am pleased to see that you are taking the time to give us small bits of updates.

So good on ya Marco

Looking forward to some eye candy.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

"Big Yawn"..... was already announced testing would start in May... almost June now. Anyway, for all the ppl that are so excited about this 'news'.... testing is a far cry (pun intended) from it being implemented. I agree with Joat that it's September if everything were to go well. Thought we'd have it by end of 2008 and 6 months later only in testing phase? I personally think it's sad that nothing has been added in all that time to the actual game play and as I posted in another thread I think this will be just eye candy. :(

Was it worth it to re-design every building and terrain instead of converting and importing? Would it have been more beneficial to have put all those resources to enhancing the game play and actually adding all the things to the game play that ppl have been waiting years for already?? I saw no reason not to convert and import and then things like areas / buildings could have been updated over time. We had to already go thru the painful but understandable change of avatars etc for it in the fall of 2008. There's not that much to do with collision detection etc for converted buildings if a proper conversion program was written in the first place. Heck, I even offered a 'guru' of a person to do this and he could have written you a rockin' dll for it.

It's obvious from the beautiful screenshots that a desision was made to go thru and make totally new buildings, terrains, etc. I even questioned those as it mainly had seemed like the same area for most of the images. Yep, they look great but it totally misses what this community NEEDS to grow and thrive.

There are alot of ppl hanging on here but others aren't. I have a soc mate that is leaving after Marco's last post as it didn't give him any hope for the future. Now that's very sad to me as he'd been waiting. It's sadder that this 'announcement' isn't that it's DONE as I think most would agree that over 1.5 years is plenty of time to have accomplished it instead of just now testing it. I and most other ppl figured that testing had started, esp since as ambassadors we were 'pushing' the 'new' cry-engine coming in Jan 2008!!!!

Sigh.... hoping that at least new planets have something more to offer in game play... ........just overall disappointed at this point that we're in 'testing' phase... ..... hope it's painless and quick for ya.

Could you please enlighten us what test phase means? Is it the alpha of VU 10.0 or the RC you are testing? :scratch2:

Thanks for the info Marco. ;)

I hope the test will go smooth and you guys get the show on the road soon.

Time now to hire more PR staff ? :laugh:

I wish you all good luck, cya after VU 10.0, untill then I'm taking a time out.

Yeah...Q3 if my predictions are correct...Q2 if I am feeling optimistic.

MA has a long track record of big promises and long delays. Lets see if FPC is any different....

October 06, 2008

SEE Touring Aims to Take Hollywood to Entropia

SEE Touring Attractions has formed a new division, SEE Virtual Worlds, with a focus on creating up to 50 planets within Entropia Universe based on Hollywood licenses ranging from current movies to catalog properties. Since Mindark's virtual world runs on a cash economy, SEE will be pushing for a virtual goods-based revenue stream. The company has set meetings with the major studios and hopes to announce the first deals within the coming months.
"We're also looking at creating virtual planets around the entertainment icons that are a crossover between public domain and licenses such as Monsters planet that could feature Dracula," SEE Virtual Worlds CEO Martin Biallas told the Hollywood Reporter. "There's no investment from the studios. We come with the funding and Mindark has spent years building their engine so we can get these planets up and running in about nine months."There's also a real revenue stream for virtual merchandising as well as the ability to have users order real-world licensed t-shirts and jackets, for instance, from within the virtual planet.

So CY2 I think somewhere around July when optimistic :D

So CY2 I think somewhere around July when optimistic :D

I would say that is fairly on the mark.

CKI is waiting to make some form of announcement in July this year ;)

screenie or it didnt happen:laugh: jk

good luck, go go go!

Status
Back